VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Best Days of Our Lives [v0.5] [UndergroundStudio]

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
I encoutered a really weird bug, when you are attempting to make a Save.
During saving the game asks you for the name of the save and you cant procceed until you confirm with Enter button (the one above Right Shift). Game doesnt react to Enter button that is on the right side of keyboard (next to numbers).

Weird is the fact, that during normal play, the right Enter works fine (like when game asks you for name of MC and you type something and press Enter)

Suggestion: confirming save with Enter is annoying. When you dont want to name a save, then just double click with mouse button should do the trick.
The dev should just replace 'K_RETURN' in custom_save.rpy with

Code:
['K_RETURN', 'K_KP_ENTER']
in order to accept numpad Enter as well.

Even better would be

Code:
['K_RETURN', 'K_KP_ENTER', 'mousedown_1']
so there would be no need to use the keyboard to save the game; simple mouse click would suffice.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Too bad this game isn't getting more recognition and support, which in turn slowed down the development a lot :cry:
while i agree that this game is one of hidden gems, and do hope for its better recognition and support in the near future, i cant agree with that second part.
support/funds mostly has no positive impact on the dev cycles at all...or would you say that delucas, summers gone, wvm... or even badik have got faster development once they got more significant funds/support?
i would say more like exactly opposite, regardless of (hidden) reasons:HideThePain:

mitymity

Apr 29, 2021
while i agree that this game is one of hidden gems, and do hope for its better recognition and support in the near future, i cant agree with that second part.
support/funds mostly has no positive impact on the dev cycles at all...or would you say that delucas, summers gone, wvm... or even badik have got faster development once they got more significant funds/support?
i would say more like exactly opposite, regardless of (hidden) reasons:HideThePain:
I guess you're right, not sure how many people this Underground Studio is exactly (like more than one :D), but probably it boosts morale a little if you're doing it for 1000 people instead of 100. Or maybe the next update will be bigger than the previous ones. Not familiar with DeLuca developer, Summer's Gone is tricky developing 2 games at the same time (and not sure how longer a SG render takes compared to let's say this as there's quite a visual difference), WVM is a special case with everything going on in his life, but at least he paused more than half of the months in the last year lol.

Hopefully we'll get an update soon, maybe the developer(s) have shifted to larger updates and longer time in between, we all know you can't please everybody, 20 minutes gameplay each month is too short or even called milking at times, while 2 hours every 6 months is a too long of a wait :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Vinit Mecvan

mylifexi

Jan 14, 2022
This game is good,and the story is relatable sometimes. I really saw myself in mc when he got offended by prank lol

bebiho

Sep 16, 2016
Strong start, the fact that the game was released in october last year and I just found it this month means it's not promoted aswell as it could be.

Renders and animation is top notch. Story is not bad but kinda plain at the moment and dialogues is ok. So far pretty fun game.

Sophia is my favorite. Beautiful. fun and also has a cute butt.

Xeron_Xr

Apr 5, 2020

Hello!
Long time no see!
I’m back with some good and bad news. Let’s start with bad.

For almost 3 months I have been looking for a new writer for The Best Days of Our Lives. I wanted to find someone who would fit into Arisushimake’s style of writing and at the same time would be creative and communicative enough so we would continue on creating this story. I have interviewed over 50 candidates and most of them just ghosted me at some point (or were so expensive that I couldn’t afford them). They simply stopped responding, mostly after I gave them the recruitment task. Even when I found someone talented there was a problem with communication or understanding the style of the story. What I mean by that is that they wanted to guide the story in very ridiculous ways or completely rewrite it from the very beginning (using the same characters). I didn’t want that. After dozens of situations like this I figured out that I’m going nowhere. Who knows how much time it would take to finally find someone who would take over the story. And I didn’t want to keep you waiting for such a long time. That’s why I have a sad announcement... Sadly, I put the development of The Best Days of Our Lives on HOLD. And I don’t mean to completely throw it into trash. I’ll still be looking for a writer but I won’t put as much effort into it as I did for the past couple months. I’m sorry that it came to this :(

The good news is that for the last week or two I switched my focus towards a new game I'm creating, called Race of Life. I know that for some of you it won’t fill the void after The Best Days. But the reason why I created Underground Studio is that I wanted to fulfill my dream to make my own Adult Visual Novel. And I can do that with a completely new project where I am the one-man team. This time I want to have it all under my control so I won’t suffer from losing a team member again. Some of you may ask, why wouldn’t I just take over the story for The Best Days myself? The reason is simple - it wasn’t my style of the game. I loved making art for it but the story was 100% Arisushimake's part. If I were a writer it would be a completely different story. I don’t want to butcher it like that and that’s why I didn’t let anyone rewrite it. I would rather put it on hold for now than change what the game was meant to be.

Later today I’ll make another post where I’ll explain what the Race of Life will be.

PS: The new character from the polls will be one of the main characters in Race of Life. So don't worry I haven't forgotten about her :)

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
That's realy bad and sad. Sincerely, the only solution seems the come back of Arisushimake to TBDOL which probaly never gonna happen. Good luck with the new game, but for me is time to unwatch this thread. I'll miss you, Rebecca and Vanessa :cry:

Blizzard99

Feb 11, 2021
Nope. So he put this game onhold. And now started working on his new game called Race of life.

more info can find here

Thank you!

This is unfortunate news. Hope Jachu can find a writer to continue The Best Days at some later point. Feel a little better knowing that Vanessa and Sophie got scenes before the project was put on-hold.

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
For those who are interested in the new Project "Race of Life"

jasmine previews 1.png jasmine previews 2.png

Hello everyone!

Here is a short description of Race of Life. The first episode (I don’t know when the release would be yet) will be available for everyone for free! Half of the writing for the first episode is done and I already started creating scenes. This time I try to make every environment from scratch. It’s very time consuming but I think it’s worth it. That way every environment like characters' homes, college interior etc. will be as unique as possible. I’ll keep you guys informed about how the work is going in upcoming weeks. Also I’m planning to make some changes to tier rewards but I’ll keep that for the next development update!
Race of Life is a college/street racing game. Jake is a divorced college teacher who’s love life is affected by mistakes of his past. Major issue with his private life is that he can’t fall in love, no matter how hard he tries. Living his routine life, he teaches science in Hanford’s University. He may not like teaching much but there is one thing that he is passionate about - cars. He fulfills his passion by going to car meets with his best friend, Cooper. Other than that he loves spending time with his little daughter, Lilly, who is the closest person to him. But even that relationship is disrupted by his possessive ex-wife, Allison. When a tragedy befalls his family, he decides to take part in illegal street races to save his daughter.
Like I said, I haven’t forgotten about a new character made by Patrons. Meet Jasmine! She’ll be one of Jake’s students but she will make a greater impact on the other side of Jake’s new, underground life. Also, she’ll be one of main Love Interests available in the game.

I was thinking I could introduce you to all the characters that are in the game right now but I don’t know if I want to spoil you anything or if you prefer to meet them in the game instead. What do you think?

Stay tuned!

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
For those who are interested in the new Project "Race of Life"

View attachment 1632142 View attachment 1632143

Hello everyone!

Here is a short description of Race of Life. The first episode (I don’t know when the release would be yet) will be available for everyone for free! Half of the writing for the first episode is done and I already started creating scenes. This time I try to make every environment from scratch. It’s very time consuming but I think it’s worth it. That way every environment like characters' homes, college interior etc. will be as unique as possible. I’ll keep you guys informed about how the work is going in upcoming weeks. Also I’m planning to make some changes to tier rewards but I’ll keep that for the next development update!
Race of Life is a college/street racing game. Jake is a divorced college teacher who’s love life is affected by mistakes of his past. Major issue with his private life is that he can’t fall in love, no matter how hard he tries. Living his routine life, he teaches science in Hanford’s University. He may not like teaching much but there is one thing that he is passionate about - cars. He fulfills his passion by going to car meets with his best friend, Cooper. Other than that he loves spending time with his little daughter, Lilly, who is the closest person to him. But even that relationship is disrupted by his possessive ex-wife, Allison. When a tragedy befalls his family, he decides to take part in illegal street races to save his daughter.
Like I said, I haven’t forgotten about a new character made by Patrons. Meet Jasmine! She’ll be one of Jake’s students but she will make a greater impact on the other side of Jake’s new, underground life. Also, she’ll be one of main Love Interests available in the game.

I was thinking I could introduce you to all the characters that are in the game right now but I don’t know if I want to spoil you anything or if you prefer to meet them in the game instead. What do you think?

Stay tuned!
thanks

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes