greenjf

Sep 23, 2020

stuff for the stuff gods!!111one

Hello!
Took me quite a lot of time to sit down and make this post, for some reason I felt really anxious about it and procrastinated for literal weeks, but today I finally forced myself to sit down and make the darn thing. Sorry for the delay in communication.

Here's what I've been doing in the last month and a bit:
AI (this part is delving into my tests with various AI models, probably way too boring, feel free to skip unless AI production is something that interests you)
Tried and tested a lot of different AI solutions to figure out where the techs are and if and when I'll be able to use them in this work.
As far as visuals go, I did some tests for visual background noise, like for example generating crowds, cityscapes, empty streets etc. Unfortunately, while I did manage to get decent enough results some times, the amount of tweaking and the amount of learning needed to produce such results is still nowhere near what I'd consider as a passable alternative to the current work flow. It's still much more preferable (at least for me, with my limited experience) to build sets from scratch that can be re-used without an issue than to resort to using AI for that.
I also tried using AI for audio work, and with that kind of work I surprisingly had a much better time exploring. I tried various solutions for voice generation, sound FX and even generating music. The field suffers from various issues and needs some more time to mature, but judging by what I've seen I believe audio AI exploration will provide more fidelity compared to visual AI, as far as consistency and sharpness or accuracy is concerned. In my tests, the audio effects were pretty impressive, however they suffered greatly from diffusion. I could manage to produce a ton of unique, high fidelity sounds in a very short amount of time, but the white noise remained a constant issue. Maybe if I knew how to "clean" the audio, I'd have a ready made, 2 clicks away solution but so far that still remains beyond my reach.
Voice generation has also advanced quite a bit. I've found several high fidelity voicetovoice solutions, but the best ones out there are nothing more than voice altering masks. As far as texttovoice goes, it remains quite "neutral". It's good for announcers or news caster voices, but if you need someone to act elated, angry, mournful, it's still way off.
Lastly, music solutions. There were a couple of promising services I tried, but the ones that offered ready made, clear background music were no more than scripts disguised as "AI" that shuffled harmonic segments combined into relevant topics and re-hashed them. Services that offered original sound tracks couldn't reproduce long segments of music, with fidelity and consistency rapidly falling apart the longer the number was, an issue similar to trying to get consistent visual AI outputs.
All in all, out of all the three types of services I tried, the background sound FX seems the most promising, provided I manage to figure out a way to clean up the diffusion artifacts in the background.
Lastly I tried using AI for literary work and the results were just bad. I know some authors say they can use it for bouncing off ideas, but I'd rather watch a decent movie and wait for something to pop up than deal with the level of writing I managed to produce in my elementary (and I was a terrible writer).

Anyway, if someone has experimented as well with any type of AI feel free to share their thoughts, advice, recommendations etc.

Rendering and a broken AC!
I drastically underestimated the amounts of new sets, NPC's, clothing, props etc. that I'd have to use for the current release. Just tracking down the items that I needed and testing them out took a huge chunk of my time, not to mention actually building all the stuff that I needed. I easily increased my asset library by almost 200GB of various assets and lost quite a bit of time.
Other than that, I've been rendering as much as I could. When I say as much as I could, my AC broke around a week ago. The service guys can't come by until mid/late August because a bunch of people didn't maintain their AC's (not me though! I did everything prim and proper, regularly cleaned it and maintained it... ah, who am I kidding, yeah, I didn't touch the thing for like six months and then cranked it up like a moron...). So yeah, the temp in my place hovers around 31-34 degrees and when I'm rendering I have to move my legs otherwise the heat being emitted from the PC housing is unbearable. There's also the smell of burning plastic when I render stuff, so I mostly toss up a render or two in the early mornings while I can still have the windows open and before the temps in my place become unbearable... I don't have much rendering left, but the progress is currently glacial so we'll see. Still hoping for a release until the end of the month, but realistically speaking, I might as well hope for some snow to fall.

Comments

greenjf

Sep 23, 2020

stuff for the stuff gods!11111oneeleven

Okay, since I can't work that much on the rendering, I thought about exploring some other stuff and here's what I got so far. Note that this is just a mock-up I made in Premiere, just to get the feel out. There could be issues with pacing or pauses, and voices can be changed (probably gonna do polls with 5-6 options so people can chose what they like the best). Anyway, take a listen.

I need to know what you guys think about this. Patreon doesn't allow surveys and y'all hate to click links so I have to do 2 questions inside one. First part is what you think about the audio above, 2nd part is if you think this is something worth pursuing.

Daastaan007

Jan 10, 2019
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.81 + WT by LightmanP

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.
(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)
Mega
PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 233 MiB

Come find me on Discord:
There is a little problem, only 9 save pages here excluding autosaves & quick saves page.
Cant go further after page-9.

Last edited:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
You are correct, 9 pages is the default number of save screens.
Well, 9 pages are the "shown" pages, the default on Ren'Py is unlimited.

The Dev must have removed the navigation keys that allows access to the extra pages. As he did to many other GUI elements. Like the Exit button (Alt-F4 it is my option). For this, besides using a console command that I don't know, I have no idea.

Peace :)

Reactions: andrew david irving

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Well, 9 pages are the "shown" pages, the default on Ren'Py is unlimited.

The Dev must have removed the navigation keys that allows access to the extra pages. As he did to many other GUI elements. Like the Exit button (Alt-F4 it is my option). For this, besides using a console command that I don't know, I have no idea.

Here's the code. Range 1 to 10 gives 9.

Code:
            hbox:
                style_prefix "page"

xalign 0.5
                yalign 1.0

spacing gui.page_spacing

textbutton _("<") action FilePagePrevious():
                    style "alt_text"

if config.has_autosave:
                    textbutton _("{#auto_page}A") action FilePage("auto")

if config.has_quicksave:
                    textbutton _("{#quick_page}Q") action FilePage("quick")

## range(1, 10) gives the numbers from 1 to 9.
                for page in range(1, 10):
                    textbutton "[page]" action FilePage(page)

textbutton _(">") action FilePageNext():
                    style "alt_text"

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

Michelangelo da Mouso

Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
This looks like a pretty decent game. Haven't played yet, but I see almost 5star reviews, lots of likes... however, I see in Patreon he's not making more than 400$/month... What am I missing?

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
This looks like a pretty decent game. Haven't played yet, but I see almost 5star reviews, lots of likes... however, I see in Patreon he's not making more than 400$/month... What am I missing?
It is maybe because the updates are sparse. Also, being a story oriented sandbox doesn't help. People that go for Sandbox, couldn't, in general, care less about story, and vice-versa. It was also plagued by a lack of warnings about the End of Content, leading to player frustration.

The game is good. IMHO it would be better in VN format since the story is rich and well written with great characters, so much so, that the Sandbox feels tacked on and completely pointless.

I would say, play it and judge by yourself. I think that in spite of it's shortcomings it is still worth it.

Michelangelo da Mouso

Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
It is maybe because the updates are sparse. Also, being a story oriented sandbox doesn't help. People that go for Sandbox, couldn't, in general, care less about story, and vice-versa.
Story-oriented sandbox = Recipie for a failed project?
It was also plagued by a lack of warnings about the End of Content, leading to player frustration.
I didn't get that part. Sorry I'm not familiar with the lingo of this forum.
The game is good. IMHO it would be better in VN format since the story is rich and well written with great characters, so much so, that the Sandbox feels tacked on and completely pointless.

I would say, play it and judge by yourself. I think that in spite of it's shortcomings it is still worth it.
I'll definetly give it a go. I'm more into sci-fi spaceships all kind of stuff, but that one peeked my interest.

greenjf

Sep 23, 2020

stuff for the stuff gods!!!11111one

Heya!

With the downtime I had, I was looking over the script and decided to expand on it a bit. Anyway, the expanded one is around 80ish percent done and I expect to be done with it soon. I have a release date in mind but I'm not sharing it yet, just in case. Maybe I'll share it next week. So I'm hoping for around 3 months worth of content delivered in 4 months, with one month being a freebie. That feels like something I can live with.
That's it for now. Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop.

Capt. Fubar

Sep 8, 2022
.81 was remake of 0.8 and previous.
Howdy good sire;

1-What are we gonna' do with this info, I wonder?
2- It is a goddamn new game, what the shit is remake?
3- It is also very short game thus far, what the shit is remake?
4- Why do we get laziest or most incompetent developers (or both) when it comes to vampire games (including but not limited to AVNs); what the shit is remake?
4a- Is that an eternal / divine sight or a witchcraft / demonic curse; what the shit is remake?

Thank ye' in advanced. Ohh by the way, I also want to ask that what the shit is remake?

• Haha
Reactions: Zemax and Shaun@121

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
Howdy good sire;

4- Why do we get laziest or most incompetent developers (or both) when it comes to vampire games (including but not limited to AVNs); what the shit is remake?
4a- Is that an eternal / divine sight or a witchcraft / demonic curse; what the shit is remake?

Thank ye' in advanced. Ohh by the way, I also want to ask that what the shit is remake?
The dev REMADE part of the code with version 0.80 as per the change log in the OP which forced everyone to restart the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Howdy good sire;

1. nothing unless tries to load saves before remake.
2. well this isn't that new anymore but remake is redoing all or part of game again with some changes which usually force players to play it again from beginning.
3. yes short game but changes were done under hood.
4. and 4a. there are same kind of devs on many avns.

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes