WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Finally got around to attempting to play the last update, but attempting was as far as I got. Reading the past few pages of posts I see only one other comment about broken saves. All my saves are busted. I get a message that my saves are not compatible with the current version of the game. I have not missed any updates and have not used any WTs or add-ons. I've already restarted the game once, so will not do so again. Any ideas as to what broke?

EDIT: BTW, I tried both .91 and .92.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Finally got around to attempting to play the last update, but attempting was as far as I got. Reading the past few pages of posts I see only one other comment about broken saves. All my saves are busted. I get a message that my saves are not compatible with the current version of the game. I have not missed any updates and have not used any WTs or add-ons. I've already restarted the game once, so will not do so again. Any ideas as to what broke?

EDIT: BTW, I tried both .91 and .92.
Why don' t you try the save that I uploaded ?
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-bite-revenant-v0-92-madmate-games.85276/post-11869594 I mean, go to coretech building first, then the other 2 remaining quests, Its end of 08, Jason not killed and Gentlepath
I had the traceback with some other saves but after hitting ignore the game continued. also worth a try !

Reactions: WuzzyFuzzy

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.91 + WT by LightmanP

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Mega

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 247 MB

Come find me on Discord:
Updated my android port, yes I know there is another one!

Reactions: snakeplisskin

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
a lack of main story and improperly organised quest sequence sometimes makes it difficult to be immersive.
I kinda have to agree with this part. Having to go back to the house and click on the town map to hand pick the "quests" really pulls you out of the story.

I get the dev is trying to make it like an RPG quest structure almost akin to the command table from Dragon Age: Inquisition, but it kinda doesn't work in a VN. Traits are fine and having them impact the story is fine too, but pulling the reader out of the story constantly by needing them to pick and choose where to go next really takes them out of it. Classic chapter structure just work better for storytelling. In my opinion anyways.

Maybe it just feels bad right now since it's mainly side stuff? Or at the very least not into the thick of the main plot. idk.

Reactions: MAD6999

Vasin

Nov 20, 2018
I kinda have to agree with this part. Having to go back to the house and click on the town map to hand pick the "quests" really pulls you out of the story.

I get the dev is trying to make it like an RPG quest structure almost akin to the command table from Dragon Age: Inquisition, but it kinda doesn't work in a VN. Traits are fine and having them impact the story is fine too, but pulling the reader out of the story constantly by needing them to pick and choose where to go next really takes them out of it. Classic chapter structure just work better for storytelling. In my opinion anyways.

Maybe it just feels bad right now since it's mainly side stuff? Or at the very least not into the thick of the main plot. idk.
I don't think the problem here is the map. I've just replayed the entire game because my saves were incompatible and you have to click on the map very sparingly, it's not a big issue at all, even with a bug where map teleports you around if you cancel it.

A larger problem here is that I don't recall any situation where it actually matters what you do first. I think there was a couple of references that amounted to a sentence or two, but nothing that had any meaning behind it. So far it's just clicking on the map for the sake of clicking on the map. Now, the problem here is that if later in the game it will suddenly have some consequence it will either have to be spelled out beforehand therefore ruining the purpose of the map to begin with, or it will completely blindside players when something that didn't matter suddenly will.

Reactions: MAD6999

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I was fine with everything until Madmate got Ogma's sex wrong. Characters kept calling the cat a he (even Shevaun), but then you give me this!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
How in the hell am I supposed to keep anything straight in this game now!? 0/10, garbage. Deleting the game.

Just kidding!

(But FYI, you might wanna correct that.)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
How in the hell am I supposed to keep anything straight in this game now!? 0/10, garbage. Deleting the game.
:cry: :cry:You don't have the slightes emphaty for LBGTQ animals you horrible human being, Time that they start a Lobby, the cat and the dog from another well known AVN (Molly you got reinforcement your cause isn't lost) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:unsure::unsure:or we start a goFundme page for a Transgender operation of the cat ?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Very similar vibe to DN. One thing I prefer about DN is that it's very explicitly a harem game right from the start. The Bite, while tagged harem, is very up in the air about it it's a true harem game or not. I can't remember if I ever looked into that or not, but if it's been confirmed by the developer that it's not a full actual harem, and we'll be forced to choose, that would explain my having hidden the game before.

As for favourite character, so far that'd be Zoey. Reminds me a lot of Glasha, she's obviously the intended main LI, granted they're all optional, but still.

Emilia I'm very interested in, kinda a mix of Grace and Natasha. I'm hoping, after seeing part of her back story, that we'll be able to help thaw her frozen heart.

Leah I also really like, I strongly suspect she's and her family are werewolves. They obviously know about vampires, feel confident fighting them, but are not themselves vampires. Plus a few other hints

Claire is very sweet. As are many of the other girls who I'm hoping are potential LIs.

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes