Moviebuff3000

Dec 9, 2017
Ok. So the first quest to investigate the murder doesn't give me a chance to call Grimes, I go directly to call the Arbiter and that is it. Is there a way to do this to finish the quest? I have a new game so it definitely isn't due to old saves. I honestly don't know what to tell the Arbiter about if it was a vampire or the ex-partner. I also get an error screen while talking to Zoey before I go to talk to the Doc. I don't know if that is what caused me not to talk to Grimes or what.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Because the dev obviously wants to make an overly complex (and pointless) system and wants to make an actual 'game', instead of keeping it simple and making an actual VN. Which is a shame, because the story so far is what Rebirth could have been. This has so much potential, just lose the uneccessary systems.
It does seem to be getting overly complicated with the trait system on top of the stats on top of the power/control/blood system. Along side the typical romance affection point system. Getting to be too much and I can only imagine it's complicating the coding too and will only get worse as the game and stat differentials become larger and varied based on choices.

Reactions: asahibito

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
It does seem to be getting overly complicated with the trait system on top of the stats on top of the power/control/blood system. Along side the typical romance affection point system. Getting to be too much and I can only imagine it's complicating the coding too and will only get worse as the game and stat differentials become larger and varied based on choices.
What the developer came up with is interesting from a code perspective. It is also nice that there is no repetitive tasks to grind stats. Given that it really plays more like a VN, the whole thing could really be simplified.

Reactions: Crazy_Chicken87

Noxstella

Sep 10, 2023
Edit: If you aren't seeing the enhanced stats, reload the game and your save again.
My mod only changes 3 lines in 1 file and just increases the stat rewards for the very first set of choices.
In the first set of choices, the reward is the same no matter which of the 3 you pick.

Updated for v0.93

Just since I saw a few asking for cheats;

This will boost the 10 stats on the left side of the character panel. [the stats that can't be changed in the save editor]
If you want to change your money, power, control or energy that can be done via; saveeditonline.com

This should be compatible with the WT mod that is already available.
It will need to be updated with each new version though I think.

Obviously drop the "game" folder from the .rar file in your main "The Bite Revenant" folder.

Here are the stats that are supposed to change with this mod.

View attachment 3264379
this updated stat mod is not working on .9301. no stat changes at all and that is with both walkthrough mod and without the walkthrough added for me.

Reactions: Jarul

yasenib

Mar 12, 2020
I recently finished the game from scratch. To be honest I actually enjoyed the light RPG aspects (skills, stats, traits, etc) because they did not feel forced and they pretty much just add a new layer that makes you think about your choices for more then two seconds. And like was said above, there's no grind in the game which is a pitfalll in a lot of VN's. 10/10. Also you can ignore all of these systems if you want to, just use the cheat mod.

Because the dev obviously wants to make an overly complex (and pointless) system and wants to make an actual 'game', instead of keeping it simple and making an actual VN. Which is a shame, because the story so far is what Rebirth could have been. This has so much potential, just lose the uneccessary systems.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I recently finished the game from scratch. To be honest I actually enjoyed the light RPG aspects (skills, stats, traits, etc) because they did not feel forced and they pretty much just add a new layer that makes you think about your choices for more then two seconds. And like was said above, there's no grind in the game which is a pitfalll in a lot of VN's. 10/10. Also you can ignore all of these systems if you want to, just use the cheat mod.
I rarely use mods...URM is easier. No mod author bias (only 2 don't have a bias imo) and secondly, no waiting for the mod to be updated.

The point still stands though that none of these systems are neccessary for a renpy VN.

Reactions: Ragnar

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
this updated stat mod is not working on .9301. no stat changes at all and that is with both walkthrough mod and without the walkthrough added for me.
I checked and it works.
Did you reload the VN?
As noted in my post and by other people, the new VN code doesn't always seem to update the first time.

vultron

May 19, 2018
Savage ravenous anarchists are just that way - you play dead an they stomp your carcase, killing you effectively on the spot, even despite your avoidance.

Some characters just want to see the world burn because they can whitstand the consequences, so MC has to stand up for himself or perish under the weight of the authority her dad puts on MC, but if he cannot exert that authority, like chatting her up and dancing around her murderous ways, he is getting himself killed for incompetence by the ruler all the same.
Not a single word you said had even an ounce of sense in it.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Poor Zoe becomes jealous of Doc cocksucker if you play medics with her how sweet. Maybe if you weren't so frigid I wouldn't be sticking my dick in other chicks, honey. Speaking of which the update could have used a scene with the futa vampire or smth.

• Haha
Reactions: monk_56 and xapican
4.50 star(s) 69 Votes