UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Is Futa optional?
Yeah, well...sorta. There's a scene you get to "experience" if you take someone up on their offer, and there's no warning that such a thing is coming.

Basically : If you accept Jenny's offer to buy her blood you experience a vision of her watching a sex show at the Violet Lips club involving Ciara growing a penis and fucking someone on stage while she (Jenny) is being munched on by the Twins. There's a bit of an implication that something will happen between Ciara and the MC if he decides to go that route in a later conversation, but so far that's all there is.

Jan 16, 2018
are you meant to get skill points for each check? when talking with joey the street smarts option doesn't give me points but the charm and intimidation do. Not sure if its intentional or not and some of them just cant be raised from dialogue

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
are you meant to get skill points for each check? when talking with joey the street smarts option doesn't give me points but the charm and intimidation do. Not sure if its intentional or not and some of them just cant be raised from dialogue
I suspect that's most likely an oversight since nearly all the skill-checks give you points. That said, in my opinion, you're better off mesmerizing him for the power gain since that seems far harder to raise and it's required to purchase powers / traits (which I assume will actually do something at some point).

Noxstella

Sep 10, 2023
damn. i tried loading my old save and it isn't keeping powers learned. hoping a patch will come through to fix the power bug. tried on a new playthrough too and its still giving errors.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
damn. i tried loading my old save and it isn't keeping powers learned. hoping a patch will come through to fix the power bug. tried on a new playthrough too and its still giving errors.
on 93.1?

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
There's one fairly long sequence involving Best Girl Zoey and it starts a bunch of new quests. I'd say it's good story development, but at the same time, for the length of time between updates... it left me wanting a lot more. I guess that's the price you pay when the game is in development and engaging.
thanks...what i'm afraid is to have to start again asll over to have a game bug free..

XSilentX

Apr 16, 2019
I know some people already said it but get this error when trying to acquire eitheir trait.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 34, in <module>
  File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 79, in get_selected
    return __get_field(self.object, self.field, self.kind) == self.value
  File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 39, in _m1_00action_data__get_field
    raise NameError("The {} {} does not exist.".format(kind, name))
NameError: The variable Power does not exist.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 34, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 34, in <module>
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 3136, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 441, in visit_all
    self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 570, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 878, in per_interact
    if self.is_selected():
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 866, in is_selected
    return is_selected(self.action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 398, in is_selected
    return any(is_selected(i) for i in action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 398, in <genexpr>
    return any(is_selected(i) for i in action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 401, in is_selected
    return action.get_selected()
  File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 79, in get_selected
    return __get_field(self.object, self.field, self.kind) == self.value
  File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 39, in _m1_00action_data__get_field
    raise NameError("The {} {} does not exist.".format(kind, name))
NameError: The variable Power does not exist.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The Bite Revenant
Wed Jan 17 01:02:25 2024

Reactions: DIKnemero
Apr 2, 2023
Is anyone else having an issue with adding traits? I am continually getting exception errors every time I try to acquire one.

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
Edit: The new code is not playing well in every instance, I've found with testing I have to launch the VN a second time if the stats don't seem to have updated.
So if you aren't seeing the enhanced stats, reload the game and your save again.
My mod only changes 3 lines in 1 file and just increases the stat rewards for the very first set of choices.
In the first set of choices, the reward is the same no matter which of the 3 you pick.

OK, so I just finished updating for 0.93, it should be fine, let me know if there is problems.

Updated for v0.93

Just since I saw a few asking for cheats;

This will boost the 10 stats on the left side of the character panel. [the stats that can't be changed in the save editor]
If you want to change your money, power, control or energy that can be done via; saveeditonline.com

This should be compatible with the WT mod that is already available.
It will need to be updated with each new version though I think.

Obviously drop the "game" folder from the .rar file in your main "The Bite Revenant" folder.

Here are the stats that are supposed to change with this mod.

View attachment 3264379
Still good, or need updating for .9301?

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
Does anyone know a way to add affinity for characters, i couldn't figure it out with save editor and URM.

vultron

May 19, 2018
Every time MC talks to Emilia it feels like the MC suddenly has no sense of self preservation he just runs his mouth at this crazy and dangerous vampire who at one wrong word might rip his throat out like we know she won't because plot but he does not so you would think he would choose is his words carefully when alone in a dark room with her.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Savage ravenous anarchists are just that way - you play dead an they stomp your carcase, killing you effectively on the spot, even despite your avoidance.
Every time MC talks to Emilia it feels like the MC suddenly has no sense of self preservation he just runs his mouth at this crazy and dangerous vampire who at one wrong word might rip his throat out like we know she won't because plot but he does not so you would think he would choose is his words carefully when alone in a dark room with her.
Some characters just want to see the world burn because they can whitstand the consequences, so MC has to stand up for himself or perish under the weight of the authority her dad puts on MC, but if he cannot exert that authority, like chatting her up and dancing around her murderous ways, he is getting himself killed for incompetence by the ruler all the same.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Wicked Whip

yasenib

Mar 12, 2020
To anyone who might running into issues to acquire traits, I found a little workaround: just open up console and type "store.Power = 5" and then go to the traits tree and acquire the one you want. Worked like charm.

Reactions: Chrisdarock19

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
What do we need the traits for?
I just finished the game without spending any power for traits.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
What do we need the traits for?
I just finished the game without spending any power for traits.
Because the dev obviously wants to make an overly complex (and pointless) system and wants to make an actual 'game', instead of keeping it simple and making an actual VN. Which is a shame, because the story so far is what Rebirth could have been. This has so much potential, just lose the uneccessary systems.

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes