bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
TheBiteRevenant-0.93
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: Nulldev

Opatek

May 20, 2017
Unfortunately, the game seems to be broken and I can't continue clicking at this point.
Does anyone know what's going on and how to solve it?
1.jpg

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Hello, good people! OP has been updated with v0.9301. It has some fixes for the issues/typos that were previously reported.

Feels like every time I download this game I have to restart because the dev broke previous saves.
Like the game but tired of starting over every update.
Are you guys getting any errors? If so, could you post a screenshot?
In my case, I was apparently able to continue the game without any problems (I don't use Mods), but when I spoke to Zoey later, I suddenly got an error :FacePalm:. I don't know if it's a late problem with the code change or what :unsure:.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That one is fixed in 0.9301.
is anyone else getting a error when trying to acquire a trait with the latest update? I have 11 power and tried to acquire both pummel and reflexes yet get an exception error message on both of those. I've also started a fresh game due to the warnings of no rollbacks with old saves.
I've already gotten a couple of reports of that particular issue. Still investigating what causes the issue since none of my saves are picking it up.
madmate.games
I have to say that your code is really lagging badly.
Particularly when choices/decisions are on the current screen.

This one is a prime example.
View attachment 3264617

I'm not sure why you're insisting on putting everything in lists that have to be constantly read, but it isn't efficient.
To the point that there is an actual delay between mousing over an option and it highlighting with red.

I'm on a modern system, with a 12/24 core CPU, 64GB ram, 3080 and I only use Samsung Evo 980 NvME SSDs.
So if I can feel it lagging, everyone else can too.
Also this is unique to your VN, other renpy VNs don't have this problem.

Just letting you know that it's already a problem now and it'll only get worse as these lists get loaded with more data.
Hey! Thanks for the heads up. The resource usage of lists being read and rewritten on each pass shouldn't overload even a very old system. The amount of processing power that is used should be negligible. Emphasis on "should". Were you getting these slowdowns on previous versions as well?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this to be a contrarian. I believe you have an issue here, but the lists being rewritten may not be the culprit. It could be the new backend, but I'm getting a slight increase in performance (around 15% faster skipping) ever since BennieBee rewrote the backend and encapsulated the variables. On this particular screen the lists are not even being called. There's only a tempVar (true/false), a couple of tempOption vars (also true/false) and a choice menu that has been lifted from a ren'py thread made like 8 years ago. No lists are being called or accessed until the player clicks the red button. Even then, the list being accessed is Characters list, not the ChoicesData, the one that gets constantly overwritten.
Since neither I nor BennieBee are getting any slowdowns, we can't troubleshoot this. May I suggest fiddling with the code and testing out if removing parts of it will remove the problem? Eg. removing all the editAttribute() functions, removing all but one editAttribute() function, transforming the black/red type of choices into regular ones (by removing the choice_main_button and choice_details_button) and finally removing the tempOptions altogether and see if that does anything.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Hello, good people! OP has been updated with v0.9301. It has some fixes for the issues/typos that were previously reported.

Are you guys getting any errors? If so, could you post a screenshot?

That one is fixed in 0.9301.

I've already gotten a couple of reports of that particular issue. Still investigating what causes the issue since none of my saves are picking it up.

Hey! Thanks for the heads up. The resource usage of lists being read and rewritten on each pass shouldn't overload even a very old system. The amount of processing power that is used should be negligible. Emphasis on "should". Were you getting these slowdowns on previous versions as well?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this to be a contrarian. I believe you have an issue here, but the lists being rewritten may not be the culprit. It could be the new backend, but I'm getting a slight increase in performance (around 15% faster skipping) ever since BennieBee rewrote the backend and encapsulated the variables. On this particular screen the lists are not even being called. There's only a tempVar (true/false), a couple of tempOption vars (also true/false) and a choice menu that has been lifted from a ren'py thread made like 8 years ago. No lists are being called or accessed until the player clicks the red button. Even then, the list being accessed is Characters list, not the ChoicesData, the one that gets constantly overwritten.
Since neither I nor BennieBee are getting any slowdowns, we can't troubleshoot this. May I suggest fiddling with the code and testing out if removing parts of it will remove the problem? Eg. removing all the editAttribute() functions, removing all but one editAttribute() function, transforming the black/red type of choices into regular ones (by removing the choice_main_button and choice_details_button) and finally removing the tempOptions altogether and see if that does anything.
Im able to attain new traits in my old saves but when i started a new game it was like the user mentioned too. Always renpy erros showing up and not able to attain any skills.

Reactions: madmate.games

arthas diablo

Dec 9, 2021
everytime i start the game its it resets my settings like from fullscreen to window mode even with the newest 9301 also as alot as alot of people says cant get skills using no mods right now still not working

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
i would IF there were an x in the upper corner lol
Actually you just click whatever icon you clicked to get to where you're at. If you're looking at your stats / character screen, click the character screen icon (with the MC's face). If you're in the glossary, click that, or the quest log, click the magnifying glass.
If you're in a "2nd layer" (not sure how else to describe it) like the Traits screen, there should be a "Back" option at the bottom, but it might be obscured by chat choices if you're in the middle of a conversation.

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
madmate.games Thank you for the quick response (y)!
I forgot to mention a small but annoying bug: when you open the menu and return to the game, the text of the dialogues disappears and only reappears when you advance the scene, so to see the previous dialogue you have to enter the history menu, and the font in that menu is almost unreadable, unlike the font in the game, which looks perfect.
Have a nice day!

Jul 12, 2020
New version but still stuck at the 2 same quest psy 101 meet claire at the cafe and meet the doc for classifications. but no way to reach doc nor café each location on maps says no need to go there and cant walk outside of apartment.

Reactions: generic_username98

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
For everyone who has trouble with the cheat mod. I have my own script (which isn't safe for public use, it may break your game, so read the instructions). Perhaps it may work.

To use it:
1) Drop the file inside the /game folder.
2) Launch the game (if it was already running, close it and launch it again)
3) You will have to open the console with shift+O (if ENG is not your default language, in some Operating Systems you need to make sure to launch the game with the keyboard already set on the english language, otherwise it won't work).
4) Then type "superman()" (without the quotes) and press enter.
5) To check if it has worked, open the Character info screen and you should see every attribute increased by 50.
6) To remove it type "remove_superman()". If after typing this command, for some reason you accidentally rolled back the scene, type "debug_superman()"

- The mod will also change the game to automatically succeed all relationship checks.
- The mod enables the console by default, so you won't need to it yourselves.
- It should work with any save.
- The mod includes a "remove_superman()" command to uninstall itself and a "debug_superman()" to handle rollback issues.
- Due to how the game works, these boosts are one off. If you want greater boosts, you will have to edit the file yourselves and change all the "50" to some other value you want.

At some later point, if you want to gain Energy or Money, you will have to open the console and type these:
1) Blood = 3 (This will set the energy level to 3)
2) Money += 1000 (This will add 1000 dollars to your money)

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO UNINSTALL IT BY CALLING THE "remove_superman()" COMMAND BEFORE YOUR FINAL SAVE FOR THE LATEST UPDATE.
If something breaks, you should run the debug_superman() command. It's there to handle any bugs that may arise from rolling back the scenes.
It will revert your stats to the original but at least it won't break compatibility wth newer versions. After finishing uninstalling it, to make sure that everything worked correctly, just open the Character sheet screen. If it loads without errors, everything worked out well. If not, call the debug_superman() command and if that doesn't work send me a message with the error log.

Sorry for the complexity and the rigidity of the mod, I never intended to share it and it's not safe. In fact I expect that if you load an affected save without it, it will break your save. Make sure to uninstall it before you are done for the update.

Last edited:

Shuchetan

Aug 13, 2017
I dunno what the deal with the new version is but am unable to buy traits and also why is it automatically killing my ex-boss whatshisname?

Burnknight

Donor
May 11, 2017
Error on acquiring traits. Great game that I just found out existed, definitely worth supporting the dev as its right up my alley. Gona wait and see how the trait situation gets resolved, weighing the scales so to say. But god damn I am surprised its not more popular.

• Red Heart

Jdzavrat

Aug 28, 2020
Error on acquiring traits. Great game that I just found out existed, definitely worth supporting the dev as its right up my alley. Gona wait and see how the trait situation gets resolved, weighing the scales so to say. But god damn I am surprised its not more popular.
Agreed. I was pleasantly surprised at how well done this is. It's now on my watch list.

• Red Heart
4.50 star(s) 69 Votes