Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Yes, I can open the game without the mod
I'm not sure then, It's working for me [did a fresh install and unpack from my rar]
Are you using the compressed version of the game? I don't and I don't know if it makes a difference.
Also the mega link on the front page is the wrong game version. it's 92 and not 93.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
It's working now, and honestly I have no idea why.

At first I tried loading an old save and it didn't change anything, then I tried starting a new game and it still just gave me the basic starting stats.
Then for the hell of it I tried loading a really old save and got error-message spammed to hell which resulted in the game closing and when I opened it again and loaded my more recent save the stat changes had taken effect properly.

Starting a new game also properly gives me the increased stats now.

So uh...all good? :unsure:

Edit : (Oh, and for the record I had tried to close and restart the game twice before the forced closed from the errors. I wasn't trying to add the file to an already open game session or anything).
I'm seeing some strange behavior too, I've done several fresh install/unpacks and sometimes i need to load the game twice to see the correct stats even from the same save file.

Whatever other new code the dev is using is really lagging on the back-end too.
It also seems to not remember preferences like transitions.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I'm seeing some strange behavior too, I've done several fresh install/unpacks and sometimes i need to load the game twice to see the correct stats even from the same save file.

Yeah I have to reset my volume and fullscreen preferences every time I open the game. It's weird.

Reactions: imzahai

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
I'm not sure then, It's working for me [did a fresh install and unpack from my rar]
Are you using the compressed version of the game? I don't and I don't know if it makes a difference.
Also the mega link on the front page is the wrong game version. it's 92 and not 93.
I found out the problem. What a idiot I am. I use the bug fix in the OP to replace the script in newest version of game. Problem solved. Mod work. Thank you for your reply.:FacePalm:

slick97

Dec 2, 2021

The dev is using a list for storing/reading skill values.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I haven't dug too deep, but the method for updating the skill page is separate from the list itself. There also seems to a separate list labeled "MCSkills" which somewhat supports that hypothesis.

The reason for the lag may be due to the way the dev is storing location names as variables. Additionally, the dev is tracking choices in a non-standard way. Perhaps someone with more python know-how can interpret this better than I can, so I'll leave a code snippet behind a spoiler:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
Edit: The new code is not playing well in every instance, I've found with testing I have to launch the VN a second time if the stats don't seem to have updated.
So if you aren't seeing the enhanced stats, reload the game and your save again.
My mod only changes 3 lines in 1 file and just increases the stat rewards for the very first set of choices.
In the first set of choices, the reward is the same no matter which of the 3 you pick.

OK, so I just finished updating for 0.93, it should be fine, let me know if there is problems.

Updated for v0.93

Just since I saw a few asking for cheats;

This will boost the 10 stats on the left side of the character panel. [the stats that can't be changed in the save editor]
If you want to change your money, power, control or energy that can be done via; saveeditonline.com

This should be compatible with the WT mod that is already available.
It will need to be updated with each new version though I think.

Obviously drop the "game" folder from the .rar file in your main "The Bite Revenant" folder.

Here are the stats that are supposed to change with this mod.

View attachment 3264379
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 560, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "game/Scripts/Scripts/defines/defines_choices.rpy", line 244, in script
default persistent.ChoicesData = {
File "game/Scripts/Scripts/defines/defines_choices.rpy", line 244, in execute
File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/Scripts/Scripts/defines/defines_choices.rpy", line 265, in <module>
persistent.ZOEY_APPARTMENT_AFTER_MEETING_ENJOY_IT: { editBaseAttribute: [ [ persistent.CONTROL, -1 ] ] }, # -1 control
NameError: name 'editBaseAttribute' is not defined

Commander64

Dec 22, 2018

Yes, I also had a problem when I used the cheat, when I first loaded the game, the cheat did not work when I first loaded the game, I tried to reinstall it, but it didn't work again, I started the new game and the cheat was suddenly activated in the first selection and it became working when I loaded the game without loading the game I wanted.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 560, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "game/Scripts/Scripts/defines/defines_choices.rpy", line 244, in execute
File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/Scripts/Scripts/defines/defines_choices.rpy", line 265, in <module>
persistent.ZOEY_APPARTMENT_AFTER_MEETING_ENJOY_IT: { editBaseAttribute: [ [ persistent.CONTROL, -1 ] ] }, # -1 control
NameError: name 'editBaseAttribute' is not defined
I didn't edit line 265.

Are you sure you're using the correct version of the VN?
There was large code changes by the dev between the previous version and version 0.93.

Just FYI the dev has not removed the outdated bugfix from the front page and also the PC mega link is linking to an old version.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
I didn't edit line 265.

Are you sure you're using the correct version of the VN?
There was large code changes by the dev between the previous version and version 0.93.
i downloaded the one on the front page (mega) and it worked untill i extracted the cheat, didn't mess with it at all just extracted

edit:actually i might have run the unren thing to get console commands

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
i downloaded the one on the front page (mega) and it worked untill i extracted the cheat, didn't mess with it at all just extracted

edit:actually i might have run the unren thing to get console commands
The MEGA link is for version 0.92, it wasn't updated or removed for some reason.
The current version is 0.93

Reactions: SvalnirFionn

Capt. Fubar

Sep 8, 2022
What 'da fuckidy fuck?

Here I thought God does not exist; how stupiyd of me. Hallelujah brothers and sisters, bear witness to miracle with your own eyes... and tell me God does not exist.

Aaaymen brothers and sisters aaaaymen!!!

(holy middle-finger to heathens and infidels)

• Wow
Reactions: VN..reader

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
madmate.games
I have to say that your code is really lagging badly.
Particularly when choices/decisions are on the current screen.

This one is a prime example.
Screenshot_1.png

I'm not sure why you're insisting on putting everything in lists that have to be constantly read, but it isn't efficient.
To the point that there is an actual delay between mousing over an option and it highlighting with red.

I'm on a modern system, with a 12/24 core CPU, 64GB ram, 3080 and I only use Samsung Evo 980 NvME SSDs.
So if I can feel it lagging, everyone else can too.
Also this is unique to your VN, other renpy VNs don't have this problem.

Just letting you know that it's already a problem now and it'll only get worse as these lists get loaded with more data.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
madmate.games
I have to say that your code is really lagging badly.
Particularly when choices/decisions are on the current screen.

This one is a prime example.
View attachment 3264617

I'm not sure why you're insisting on putting everything in lists that have to be constantly read, but it isn't efficient.
To the point that there is an actual delay between mousing over an option and it highlighting with red.

I'm on a modern system, with a 12/24 core CPU, 64GB ram, 3080 and I only use Samsung Evo 980 NvME SSDs.
So if I can feel it lagging, everyone else can too.
Also this is unique to your VN, other renpy VNs don't have this problem.

Just letting you know that it's already a problem now and it'll only get worse as these lists get loaded with more data.
Indeed. Too much iteration, too many function calls, function names stored as keys in the dictionary which are strings and probably need to be evaluated or compared. Python has slow iteration and huge overhead for these things and I bet that renpy adds a lot of overhead too.

Reactions: imzahai

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
How often is this game updated? I ask because this update seems a bit short to me. Just a few dialogues and a couple of decisions. If it's monthly, it's OK, if not... I understand this game is not raising a lot of attention even if it's not a bad game.

Commander64

Dec 22, 2018
How often is this game updated? I ask because this update seems a bit short to me. Just a few dialogues and a couple of decisions. If it's monthly, it's OK, if not... I understand this game is not raising a lot of attention even if it's not a bad game.
I agree with you, it seems to me that the update adds little to the game, 1-2 scenes 3-5 choices and poof, see you in 3-4 months.

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes