madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Does my name have to be Andy?

Oh well, I always wondered what happenned after the Toy Story business.
You can chose your own name, just not at the very beginning. I'll put up a notice on the main page, hopefully that will reduce some confusion.

Interesting story so far. As with all VN of this kind I'm more interested in the lore and how will the story develop further than in actual sexual content. But still hoping that Dev has plans to involve Arbiter and vamp mommy more into the story so we can make our own little vamp harem.
Hmmmmmmmmm...

yes.

Anyway, anyone with better knowledge know if this is more VtM based or VtR based?
Has a bunch of influences in the mix, along with my own stuff tossed into it. While there are some intentionally obvious similarities between other works and The Bite, it's still best to think of it as its own thing since a lot of things differ from it and whichever work you compare it to, and it may get you to make some wrong assumptions (and I've seen a few misconceptions about some aspects of vampirism in The Bite being repeatedly mentioned here).

One tiny thing that might help. I have seen many game devs switch to webp for images, this apparently allows them to lower the overall size of the game file when zipped/rar'd.
I'll have to do it eventually as well. So far the file size is still manageable, but once it hits 2+GB I'll have to tackle the file size and .png > .webp conversion.

I never noticed till someone mentioned in the forum that madmate.games character placement design is wonderful and even better is his writing since you can spot a good writer with how much he can hook you in the first few minutes of gameplay , though his game mechanics are vague.

I am quite skeptical about the mechanics since I haven't seen much and it's still work process, just hope you don't overburden yourself in introducing many skills which don't have much use and I wonder if the skills are a means of us players personalizing our MC where we could either hack the PC if we have skills in Computer or rummage through and search for a note with a password like in VtMB because then I will applaud you for it, but still I agree with some we have some similar traits like Brawl and Melee, I mean why have 3 traits for combat where you can either fight unarmed, armed and firearms ? does it matter ? I think you should at some point have us discover the use of certain traits and the benefits of some, with the recent update I enjoyed the use for Etiquette but I wish we got something out of it like why should I use or gain such a trait and how does it make me standout and also it's benefits.
Sooner or later your going to have to address this or it'll be a shit show since most of us like min maxing.

View attachment 1333295

Everyday I cannot help but notice you are into the crazies, pls don't put dick in crazy.
First of, shucks, thank you very much for your praise ^^

But yeah, as far as stats go, I love to toot my horn because they are implemented in a way that you can do whatever you want with them, retroactively as well. So whether I want to re-balance, rename, reconfigure, remove or add skills I can do it in seconds, and change the impact of the choices in minutes. So as far as that goes, you don't have to worry. It may, or maybe better said, it will be unbalanced at times, but that's just the nature of this kind of development. The good news is that it can be balanced in whichever way is deemed best.
Oh, and there's a reason for firearms/melee/brawl distinction.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
There is Vikings .. this one lenghty show where babes take a shine to legends.
You do not even give a thought to amazons fighting over you - you are not the decider.
Vampires are not Barbaroy, nor are they Alucard - only legendary vamps
with countless familiars can do god like feats like growing limbs and such.

Usual power plays are anything that would kill instantly like many fatalities,
most times organs grow back, never bones, unless you have familiars to lend them to ya.
Hey Canto Forte,
In VtM you do not need familiars/thralls/ghouls to regrow bone/limbs. Given time, blood, and the desire, a vampire can regrow anything that is not limited by plot. For Instance: Set was emasculated due to his mistreatment of Osiris, whom he emasculated. Osiris could have had his wang regrown by Isis but she decided that due to Egyptian Law requiring the phallus, the Pharo/King of the Gods must have all his boy bits. This allowed her (and Osiris') Son Horus to become the King. Horus then loses an eye, which is all part of their story.

Vampires not limited by such storyline constraints can grow all needed boy or girl bits including bones.
Peace

zh

Oct 17, 2017
Hi!
I'm just dropping a post here just to say that I like this game so far (y)
I wonder how this story will evolve.

Looks like having 0 in humanity is "neutral" ? I don't care about being "good" or "evil". So staying more or less at 0 humanity looks great for me. I just want the MC to have fun with as much women as possible :ROFLMAO: (however, if having more powers can help with that... :sneaky: )

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hi!
I'm just dropping a post here just to say that I like this game so far (y)
I wonder how this story will evolve.

Looks like having 0 in humanity is "neutral" ? I don't care about being "good" or "evil". So staying more or less at 0 humanity looks great for me. I just want the MC to have fun with as much women as possible :ROFLMAO: (however, if having more powers can help with than... :sneaky: )
with negative humanity, you might have problem resisting vampiric urges. for example feeding on someone you might be unable to stop yourself

Reactions: Arigon

zh

Oct 17, 2017
with negative humanity, you might have problem resisting vampiric urges. for example feeding on someone you might be unable to stop yourself
Yup, that's what I understood. So between -1 and +1 humanity it should be fine... maybe? I know we can't go too low. But I don't want to bother having high humanity either. I ended this playthrough with 0 humanity, which is perfect... I guess?

tonny

Jun 14, 2017
Well this just turned into something really interesting! :D Really cool story and the things with the powers cool, however they gonna works in the future :p :D

Atlas82

Jan 4, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3213, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4037, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1059, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1249, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 245, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1249, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 769, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2173, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2005, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1923, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.5.1648
The Bite Revenant
Tue Aug  3 16:54:08 2021

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Ok... time for your cute friendly neighborhood choco vamp to say some words.

I am liking this novel very very much. Let me give some details.

1) Story: so far we have not had much, but you can already tell this is very story driven. And for a second release it worked very well. The game is moving slowly (which is good for this kind of novel) but moving. We see some hints of what the future may involve and no weird contradictions.
2) Characters: this is one of the fortes for now. All the characters displayed were great. From our amazing vamp step mom who is absolutely fantastic (extremely cute, great personality, very realistic approach to relationship with MC) to our mysterious bombshell mom (she does leave a very strong image) and the new crazy babe (come on, it is surprising I like her?). Only character that really was a borderline cartoon cliché was the office guy that stab us.
3) Writing: I gotta say that in the writer is good. The descriptions, the dialogue, the use of English to paint an picture in the reader's head. Very very good. It is very appreciated. You can tell the writer is doing his job, writing. Many times I see adult novels written by 8 years old "Me see pussy, me like", or a lack of effort, simply describing events. "MC say hi, MC kills, MC is sad". So again, very very appreciated.
4) Stat system: not very sure how it will work. There are simply too many stats. But very little to say about this with so little info.
5) Sandbox: so far I love that the novel has avoided that thing. Yay!!

ONE BIG CONCERN: this new update show MC to be one powerful son of a bitch. This is a very big problem from a point of view of story, specially in stories with amoral settings. The problem is that at some point you need to justify why MC does not simply force his way on everyone. So, please be careful of this.
I understand his abilities are at the core of the plot, so I am guessing you have though about something. I still wanted to mention this as I see too many times in which the writers write themselves in a situation that kills all conflict and drama. And this is never good.

That is all, I really hope you guys are a success. While currently I cannot support monthly, I have included this novel for my rotative support. I like it so much that it will be my support for September (currently it is Hillside).

Last edited:

Prolotus

Jan 22, 2018
That's a great start. I like strong characters and slow burn stories. I'm looking forward for next updates.

againsthaters

Mar 18, 2021

Oh ... I had completely forgotten about that, I knew the two first works of 1991 and then 1992 ... - but I don't know why I never heard of it again ...
However, in the meantime I left to do the army and my life has completely changed, I started my life all over again on the other side of the Atlantic, in Portugal. - which consequently, completely eluded me of everything that had to do with the past, before I was 16 years old.

Jun 27, 2017
Something tells me the Creator is a really Old One so we can take asses and kick names....;)

Would be great if we could create our own Clan ( Vampire Harem ) :love:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dalish
4.50 star(s) 69 Votes