Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Does vampire lore use "sire", rather than "dame", the female equivalent, for female "parent" vampires?
I can see why it might as, regardless of her being female, the turning of a human is much more akin to the male role in reproduction.
So it would make sense for the vampire who turns us to be our Father/Sire, regardless of their actual gender.

But, just wondered if that's how it is?
Ohh I had no idea Dame existed.

Neither I knew sire is male only. In fact, I only knew the second interpretation of the word. Always assumed that it was something "He is my vamp daddy/mommy, so I belong to him/her, to my sire"

1628186539394.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalish and whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Ohh I had no idea Dame worked.

Neither I knew sire is male only. In fact, I only knew the second interpretation of the word. Always assumed that it was something "He is my vamp daddy/mommy, so I belong to him/her, to my sire"

View attachment 1337443
Yeah, it's the 2nd one that gave me reason to accept it for a female vampire.
The verb means to bring into being. Be the originator.

A Dame is the female equivalent of a Knight, Sir.
Sire, Sir, Senor, Monsieur, all from the same root, Latin: senior.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Yeah, it's the 2nd one that gave me reason to accept it for a female vampire.
The verb means to bring into being. Be the originator.
It also bodes the question of how big gender is for vampires, right?

Seems like, unlike to human, in which it is a fundamental aspect of reproduction, for vampires would be more than just another feature. Important for personality, but potentially nothing more.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
It also bodes the question of how big gender is for vampires, right?

Seems like, unlike to human, in which it is a fundamental aspect of reproduction, for vampires would be more than just another feature. Important for personality, but potentially nothing more.
Good question. I guess powers are more important. Age seems to be the major deal breaker.
But, all other things being equal, possibly important for physical prowess?
The strongest man is more powerful than the strongest woman.
Fastest man is faster than fastest woman. It's just a fact of nature.
So, if starting from a strong male, maybe gain more physical advantage, over and above whichever vamp powers gained?
If someone turned Usain Bolt, would he be a faster vampire, already?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Ayhsel

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Akasha killed her maker ... her children killed her ... what was that about power?
Good question. I guess powers are more important. Age seems to be the major deal breaker.
So, if starting from a strong male, maybe gain more physical advantage, over and above whichever vamp powers gained?
If someone turned Usain Bolt, would he be a fast vampire, already?
Passage of time is the power wielder.
Think about all the broken bones we heal stronger.
Now apply that to vamps who replenish bone structure every time they feed.
The more you feed, the more times you regenerate bones, the stronger they get.
You lose bone density and your female contender does not .. it matters not what you are.

Dalish

Mar 18, 2019
I really need to get around to another playthrough I hella don't remember sire being used.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Akasha killed her maker ... her children killed her ... what was that about power?

Passage of time is the power wielder.
Think about all the broken bones we heal stronger.
Now apply that to vamps who replenish bone structure every time they feed.
The more you feed, the more times you regenerate bones, the stronger they get.
You lose bone density and your female contender does not .. it matters not what you are.
Yes. I already said, in the post that you replied to, that age was the deal breaker.
I have no idea what the rest of your post is talking about, bones replenishing. :unsure: No idea who Akasha is, or her children.
I simply wondered if physical condition, prior to being turned, would have any impact on physical condition, after being turned.
I really need to get around to another playthrough I hella don't remember sire being used.
I don't think it was, in the game.
It was in the thread.
I questioned if it was generically applicable, regardless of gender.
That led to quotes from VTM being put forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalish

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
If someone turned Usain Bolt, would he be a faster vampire, already?
I am guessing you mean all other things equal, right?

I don't know. I would say it might depend on the nature of vampire existence. If it is something biological, a virus as it is in some lore, current physical prowess may affect vamp physical prowess.

If it is something more supernatural, I'd say all bets are off.

What I tend to do with games I really like that are just starting, as this one, is start over with every single release. Until they simply become long enough that starting over to see the new content would be too much.

I did that this time. Also helps remember details of story building that tend to be explain/mention in the first chapters.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I am guessing you mean all other things equal, right?
Yes, in the post you responded to.
By "all other things", I mean starting attributes as a vampire & acquisition of special powers.
Turning Usain Bolt, with all other things being equal, he's still faster than any other human, so would that transfer to make him a quicker vamp? Forgetting powers & everything else. All those things being equal.
I don't know. I would say it might depend on the nature of vampire existence. If it is something biological, a virus as it is in some lore, current physical prowess may affect vamp physical prowess.

Not sure that matters. It's biological. If they are a faster human, then their body is stronger/faster, than average human.
IDK, but think there's some logic that suggests it should be the case.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Dalish

Mar 18, 2019
By "all other things", I mean starting attributes as a vampire & acquisition of special powers.
Turning Usain Bolt, with all other things being equal, he's still faster than any other human, so would that transfer to make him a quicker vamp? Forgetting powers & everything else. All those things being equal.

What I tend to do with games I really like that are just starting, as this one, is start over with every single release. Until they simply become long enough that starting over to see the new content would be too much.

I did that this time. Also helps remember details of story building that tend to be explain/mention in the first chapters.
[/QUOTE]
I guess it would go with how the turning process actually works. If vamps have bloodflow w/o a beating heart. If not how would oxygen get to the muscles, So I'm not sure if the same rules would apply to an undead. But again that just raises more questions.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I guess it would go with how the turning process actually works. If vamps have bloodflow w/o a beating heart. If not how would oxygen get to the muscles, So I'm not sure if the same rules would apply to an undead. But again that just raises more questions.
Yeah, you can ask that same question about them having sex.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

Sorry, I read then got a call a forgot you had mentioned that.

Not sure. Certainly though, if it matters it is probably only truth as a youngling. The older they get, age, clan, diet, and all other things probably take precedence.

All in all, I would say vamp society is probably very equal in terms of gender, race and all other crap. Power is probably the only that matters.

They probably do discriminate over vamp qualities such as clans, though.

Dalish

Mar 18, 2019
Well considering at the start that like VTM you're human self before the turn does factor in to SP. But would brawling fall under strength or just in general terms of fighting? But as you said would that make someone like Usain Bolt into a faster vamp and would it be cause of muscles developed for running or just general knowledge from his past about proper running techniques.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Well considering at the start that like VTM you're human self before the turn does factor in to SP. But would brawling fall under strength or just in general terms of fighting? But as you said would that make someone like Usain Bolt into a faster vamp and would it be cause of muscles developed for running or just general knowledge from his past about proper running techniques.
All valid points. (y)
Technique is an obvious advantage. Muscle memory, even. His is going to be vastly different to mine! :ROFLMAO:
Mike Tyson the vampire. Not sure I'd want to fight him, if I was a similar aged vamp, unless I had a significant power advantage! :eek:
IDK, maybe it doesn't matter, at all. But you can see an argument for why it could. (y)

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Peak athletes need to train constantly .. to keep muscle as a vamp, you need vast amount of blood.
Akasha was vibrant and sexual active after draining 100ds on her private island.
Remember the underworld big guys - they needed being constantly pumped 4 hours on end on huge blood pumps to feel their usual powerful selves.

Not sure that matters. It's biological. If they are a faster human, then their body is stronger/faster, than average human.
IDK, but think there's some logic that suggests it should be the case.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you can ask that same question about them having sex.
All valid points. (y)
Technique is an obvious advantage. Muscle memory, even. His is going to be vastly different to mine! :ROFLMAO:
Mike Tyson the vampire. Not sure I'd want to fight him, if I was a similar aged vamp, unless I had a significant power advantage! :eek:
IDK, maybe it doesn't matter, at all. But you can see an argument for why it could. (y)
Our game vamps are pepsqeaks as opposed to the huge hunger of peak vamps.

• Thinking Face

Dalish

Mar 18, 2019
Peak athletes need to train constantly .. to keep muscle as a vamp, you need vast amount of blood.
Akasha was vibrant and sexual active after draining 100ds on her private island.
Remember the underworld big guys - they needed being constantly pumped 4 hours on end on huge blood pumps to feel their usual powerful selves.

Our game vamps are pepsqeaks as opposed to the huge hunger of peak vamps.
[/QUOTE]
So pretty much regardless of predisposition or traits newbloods are weak at the start, Well compared to the other vamps.They just have varying degrees of weakness. :LOL:

Dalish

Mar 18, 2019
But that's only in the case that an older bloodline doesn't turn the newblood correct?

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes