Dalish

Mar 18, 2019
Actually i really get what you mean, i hate when a reading novels and the author make the mc so OP that his enemies are like people much older and much stronger to a point he really cant do shit about it even being op then the same dumb author make some INSANE PLOT ARMOR ALL THE TIME SO HIS DUMB MC DONT DIE and it become unbearable to read
That actually would be a nice twist if it was done like One punch man lol, So damn OP that the entire story is MC looking for a worthy fight. But it would be satire at that point.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Superman movies and comics and series and animated series and animated movies are ever
thriving, yet supes is shown all powerful in the beginning always.
Love is his weakness - 4 others, for his mission, for his pa, for his ma, for earth.
I liked that Madmate games has moved away from the VTM start and has started writing his own story

But at the moment, How we jump from neonate to something that can put a several hundred yr old vampire to sleep.
Is way to powerful to be in this game so early. I could understand if it took a couple weeks to get to his power. This is just insane
and i hope the writer turns it down a bit or rewrite the second chapter and make it so the Mc is not that powerful. Or it should be made that there is a constant threat against him

Just my little rant
I don't think it's a power you will have right away

I see it as a sneak peek of what the mc could do someday

a friend was in danger and he turned it on without thinking

I think the entire point of that scene was to bring him and zoey closer together
In a comment I did yesterday I commented the same concern.

Too OP free to move characters break the story.
Agreed or if anything it has to have some sort of drawback like Ayhsel was saying yday. If anything it was probably just a fluke that it happened to work the first time but only the dev knows. For now its just speculation until the next chapter where the doc might give us an answer.
Imho I think it drove a wedge between the little relationship they had.
Look at Zoey she is also a pretty young Vampire. He said he just used his instincts to get her to back off
From Zoey's point of view he can just put her to sleep and drain her and no more Zoey (He suddenly became a whole lot scarier)
And she said it herself every vampire from here to china wants to drain him or use him as puppet. That also put her in danger trough association.

I think the writer's Story has a good starting point but for now the character is way to powerful
I think every ability we have will cost a certain amount of blood and if we don't feed on people we won't be able to use certain abilities but if we do feed on people too much we will lose
our Humanity
that is why I will feed only from blood bags and only from people who deserve it

and if I kill someone that it will only be in self-defense
or to protect someone I care about like zoey

I think as long as my Humanity

'is not to low I should be alright

I don't know why some people make a big deal about being a vampire it's easy

as long as you have a plan

and I won't ever have to worry about being lonely if I choose a vampire as my mate

that way they will not grow old and die on me someone like zoey

;)
ooh bro you are worried about that why are you worried about that don't worry about that
we got this Zoe will be ours

we just have to sweep her off her feet

and I know just how we do it I've been preparing For a Moment Like This oh yes

I have seen every episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer I've seen every episode of Angel and I've seen Interview with the Vampire three times

f y i we're going to need a lot of hair gel

like a lot:oops:
Question and opinion.

As you probably notice, the game year seems to be around 1999. Do you think that maybe there will be a jump in years, like 5 10 years eventually?
To be fair, for a vampire who needs blood to survive, I think killing anyone for sustenance could be considered self defence, without too much justification.
If I don't do it, I'm going to come to harm. I'm just defending myself from that harm by draining this tosser.
That qualify as self defence? :unsure::ROFLMAO:
Abstaining from eating is a form of self harm.
To me is okay i think this power will be hard to acess, and using it not only will be DANGEROUS it will be costly since we saw using the powers make the mc use energy what make you need to feed what make you lose humanity
Actually i really get what you mean, i hate when a reading novels and the author make the mc so OP that his enemies are like people much older and much stronger to a point he really cant do shit about it even being op then the same dumb author make some INSANE PLOT ARMOR ALL THE TIME SO HIS DUMB MC DONT DIE and it become unbearable to read
That actually would be a nice twist if it was done like One punch man lol, So damn OP that the entire story is MC looking for a worthy fight. But it would be satire at that point.
Well i dont get the logic about Tremere being Self-Turned
the boyz made it to season 2 even with the all powerful mommy melter pleasuring himself out of boredom - you can have stories of all powerful beings tripping them up in mind games,
love games, their hearts desires, some idea stuck in their heads.

The originals has a bunch of seasons playing with past flames, failed pregeny,
the fallout of elders and their peculiar pursuits make most of many vamp movies.

Even having all powerful beings you get curveballs - MC is an infant.
Like all dragon ball movies ... he needs training to put his huge power to actual use.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Superman movies and comics and series and animated series and animated movies are ever
Love is his weakness - 4 others, for his mission, for his pa, for his ma, for earth.

the boyz made it to season 2 even with the all powerful mommy melter pleasuring himself out of boredom - you can have stories of all powerful beings tripping them up in mind games,
love games, their hearts desires, some idea stuck in their heads.

The originals has a bunch of seasons playing with past flames, failed pregeny,
the fallout of elders and their peculiar pursuits make most of many vamp movies.

Even having all powerful beings you get curveballs - MC is an infant.
Like all dragon ball movies ... he needs training to put his huge power to actual use.
First, let me start from the last part. In Dragon Ball they may be OP, but enemy is always stronger, until they win. So it does not apply.

In Superman, there is a very clear "ethic" constraint. A vamp in this setting would have no such thing. So, say that MC really can control every other vamp. Why wouldn't he simply just overpower everyone's will and be done with any problem he faces?

That is the problem. Unless you somehow restrict MC to go and simply do that, there is a huge hole in the story.

No idea what is going on in the other examples you brought, though.

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
First, let me start from the last part. In Dragon Ball they may be OP, but enemy is always stronger, until they win. So it does not apply.

In Superman, there is a very clear "ethic" constraint. A vamp in this setting would have no such thing. So, say that MC really can control every other vamp. Why wouldn't he simply just overpower everyone's will and be done with any problem he faces?

That is the problem. Unless you somehow restrict MC to go and simply do that, there is a huge hole in the story.

the mc is far away from being that strong to be a problem i started to look into VTM just to get to know more about the real op vampires, and thats it the mc will be strong and that is going to be okay never as op as anyone can challenge him, even The Harald of Destruction himself get into trouble

EternitysInfinite

Apr 2, 2018
I did find it somewhat amusing that what we see of Emilia has her acting sanely, despite the descriptions of her. She gets in a car with two vampires and they don't pass basic integrity checks (behavior, knowledge, association), and so begins interrogating one of them while threatening them. Not really a psychotic action, more the sane one when with two unknown vampires.
Then we drop her off with some person who wanted her brought to them on the down low.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
That is a sane action of a psicho, yeah - create the danger then use it to aggravate your hosts,
then act all - I wanna know more from this UBER drivers because .. reasons.
I did find it somewhat amusing that what we see of Emilia has her acting sanely, despite the descriptions of her. She gets in a car with two vampires and they don't pass basic integrity checks (behavior, knowledge, association), and so begins interrogating one of them while threatening them. Not really a psychotic action, more the sane one when with two unknown vampires.
Then we drop her off with some person who wanted her brought to them on the down low.
Ride sharing is about sharing someones livelihood to get to where they are going, not to steal it 4 yourself. Talk about abusive customer manners or lack there of.

How often do you do background checks on your taxy / uber driver?
Do you ask them if they are part of your family?
What if they are not in your pops employ, you gut them?
You would not even phone your pop to find out who it is picking you up,
but you somehow assume it is his lackeys and then wanna kill people after you assumed wrong?

How gaming related sane are you, anyway?

Sep 3, 2020

seriously my brother you have never seen the originals
one of the main characters on that show is called Klaus

and I swear to God he was based on you

Reactions: Arigon and Ayhsel

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
It's a very simple problem:
The MC, despite being newly turned and comparably weak, can control a very old, very powerful vampire.
It doesn't, therefore, matter how weak or young the MC is.
Him being weak is irrelevant, if he can control the strongest around.
He has access to all the strength that any vampire has, by proxy.

This is why the analogy with Superman was presented.
He needs ever more powerful enemies, to be a threat to him.
If the MC is able to overpower and use any vamp he wants, he is not ever placed under threat.
His power automatically enables him to overcome any situation.

If the hero is never placed in situations where he has potential for loss, never under threat, then he's not much of a hero.
The whole point of being a hero, is that you will undertake the task with the threat looming large.
No threat, no hero required.
Umm, I think you kinda missed the point of Superman. Love is his greatest strength.
Without that love, for the planet & its people, why would he be a hero to them?
Green kryptonite & red suns might argue about being a more impactful weakness. :unsure:

Of course Superman "is shown all powerful" that's the whole point.
Because he's too powerful, he had no viable enemy.
Lex Luthor, really? Pah. Supes could destroy him with a blink.
No real enemy.
Brainiac? OK, another enemy who can't match Supes for physical, so has to be highly intelligent, to be able to out-think him.
No enemy who can harm the protagonist = no threat.
No threat = no hero.

This is where the problem comes if you make your protagonist invincible.
The antagonist is neutered by that & must become ever more powerful, to present a threat to the hero.
Hence Doomsday.
How often do you do background checks on your taxy / uber driver?
I do not think that the Mafia/Camorra/'Ndrangheta, etc. would use uber to pick up the daughter of the don.
I think they (maybe?) use drivers/people that they know & trust?
I don't see any reason to view this underworld society any differently.

Last edited:

RMAUX

Feb 8, 2018
Enjoying how this story is playing out so far. Not too cliche, plenty of mystery and questions that leave you wanting to know more, and nothing so far is over the top or overtly in your face. Great pacing as well.

Reactions: Seriosha

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Hey, when MC sends Emilia to sleep & he subsequently gets informed of the dangers of his power, especially if other vamps learn of it, did he wipe Emilia's memory, as well as sending her to sleep?
I hope so! Seems like inviting trouble, if not.
Can anyone remind me, please?

Reactions: Dalish

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Nobody bloody knows, as MC is yet to understand what he did and how to do it willingly,
not under stark duress of maniacal proportions.
Hey, when MC sends Emilia to sleep & he subsequently gets informed of the dangers of his power, especially if other vamps learn of it, did he wipe Emilia's memory, as well as sending her to sleep?
I hope so! Seems like inviting trouble, if not.
Can anyone remind me, please?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Nobody bloody knows, as MC is yet to understand what he did and how to do it willingly,
not under stark duress of maniacal proportions.
It was hardly duress, certainly not of maniacal proportions.
That's a rather large exaggeration.

Anyway, it definitely spells trouble if she remembers what happened!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
She was about to ... talk to her drivers ..about some .. family matters.
Have no worries .. the rain coat spook plugged her right into her blood pumps and
her dad is probably disecting her goth despicable mind as we speak...
Yeah, definitely spells trouble if she remembers what happened!!!
Until next time .. happy blood snacking y”all!

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
This is not VTM so the MC can be Dracula reincarnated if the dev wants. I don't think the MC is some OP God either, if you try to control the landlady it doesn't work. So we don't know how vampire powers work in this VN.

Last edited:
Reactions: EternitysInfinite

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
I was thinking it in the scene but the thing is she won't listen, and she is too strong she could make him stop the car and talk with them

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes