Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
But she is supposed to be wAAAaaaaAAAaaaaay older than them ... she does not need to move.
Anything happends, she is sure to survive ... just like death car, she should be a SAW
murderer hiding in plain sight and grill them 4 information, not kill them instead.
I was thinking it in the scene but the thing is she won't listen, and she is too strong she could make him stop the car and talk with them
She is just some thug bully daddys little spoiled brat with no skills or such apart from strength.
the only thing time passage gets vamps without them lifting a finger ... pathetic!

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
This is not VTM so the MC can be Dracula reincarnated if the dev wants. I don't thing the MC is some OP God either, if you try to control the landlady it doesn't work. So we don't know how vampire powers work in this VN.
lol because the dev said it's one of his influences, some people seem to think that makes it canon.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Ayhsel
My friend. The MC is definitely more powerful than his adopted mommy. He was clearly sired by an elder. This would make him a neonate but with Elder stats to begin with. This is extremely common in the table top if you are using the Elysium rulebook.(playing an Elder campaign)
The MC is not over powered- even if he has several other powers, because we are led to believe his sire was special in some way. On top of this, he has a pretty incredible Willpower score under what would be VTM. I think it will work fine. This latest update of the game gave us a glimpse into his power of Domination. This alone will not OP him. What we can gather is that Ms. Batshit Crazy is not as low generation as he is. Domination at higher levels, will allow you to coerce vampires, but not those who are lower generation than you are. So we know his sire is tougher or at least equal to the Duke. That said, I do not think this will be a major concern.

Zoey is right to fear him. I think a lot of vampires would like to snack our boy down if his power level becomes known, exactly as it is in Rebirth. Our MC in that game has taken a somewhat slower route, but is clearly more powerful than the bulk of those around him. Let's give it some time and see how it rolls. If our boy turns out to be a 5th or 6th generation vampire with more than a couple exceptional powers and an ass load of minor ones, then maybe we can talk over powered. I could build our MC in VTM based on the little we know, and the bulk of his points remain unspent thus far. So let's see how it goes, and I will make a newbie elder sheet on him and see. I am constantly tweaking one for our guy in Rebirth, and he is scary... This guy will be scary too, but I doubt he would be AS successful on the leaders of the two clans or the Arbiter. He might be, but until we cross that road I think we are good, and even if he is more than almost every other vampire in town, if there is one that can shit on him with impunity, then we can not play the Highlander theme just yet!
Peace

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Our game vamps are pepsqeaks as opposed to the huge hunger of peak vamps.
So pretty much regardless of predisposition or traits newbloods are weak at the start, Well compared to the other vamps.They just have varying degrees of weakness. :LOL:
[/QUOTE]
Hey Dalish,
New bloods sired by an Elder will be stronger than the majority of other vampires around. Power is in the blood and the closer to the clan founder you are, the greater your starting strength and your potential peak.
So it is viable that our disco vampfu momma is similar to say Calisto of Rebirth. Maybe not AS powerful, but certainly she is an elder.
Anyhow Peace man

Reactions: Dalish

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Did someone say that it's Scion, for newly created/child vamp in this game?
Was there a term for Master/Mistress/creator, other than the gender inappropriate "Sire", from board game lore? :unsure:

Last edited:

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
It's a very simple problem:
The MC, despite being newly turned and comparably weak, can control a very old, very powerful vampire.
It doesn't, therefore, matter how weak or young the MC is.
Him being weak is irrelevant, if he can control the strongest around.
He has access to all the strength that any vampire has, by proxy.

This is why the analogy with Superman was presented.
He needs ever more powerful enemies, to be a threat to him.
If the MC is able to overpower and use any vamp he wants, he is not ever placed under threat.
His power automatically enables him to overcome any situation.

If the hero is never placed in situations where he has potential for loss, never under threat, then he's not much of a hero.
The whole point of being a hero, is that you will undertake the task with the threat looming large.
No threat, no hero required.

Umm, I think you kinda missed the point of Superman. Love is his greatest strength.
Without that love, for the planet & its people, why would he be a hero to them?
Green kryptonite & red suns might argue about being a more impactful weakness. :unsure:

Of course Superman "is shown all powerful" that's the whole point.
Because he's too powerful, he had no viable enemy.
Lex Luthor, really? Pah. Supes could destroy him with a blink.
No real enemy.
Brainiac? OK, another enemy who can't match Supes for physical, so has to be highly intelligent, to be able to out-think him.
No enemy who can harm the protagonist = no threat.
No threat = no hero.

This is where the problem comes if you make your protagonist invincible.
The antagonist is neutered by that & must become ever more powerful, to present a threat to the hero.
Hence Doomsday.

I do not think that the Mafia/Camorra/'Ndrangheta, etc. would use uber to pick up the daughter of the don.
I think they (maybe?) use drivers/people that they know & trust?
I don't see any reason to view this underworld society any differently.
the mc is not a hero he is just our perspective, to me the game is fine if the mc has a objective i like using Alexandra as exemple the mc has a clear patch to follow, one day he will be in Boris place, everything that stop him from his future with the girls is a threat to him even if he is not under danger

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
the mc is not a hero he is just our perspective, to me the game is fine if the mc has a objective i like using Alexandra as exemple the mc has a clear patch to follow, one day he will be in Boris place, everything that stop him from his future with the girls is a threat to him even if he is not under danger
I never mentioned the MC being a hero. Superman is the hero I spoke of.
He's the protagonist. So is the MC.
An invincible protagonist gives the reader no cause to fear for his life & reduces the emotional investment, as well as the opportunity for drama, as a result.
Hence the Superman analogy. This is the specific reason why they created Doomsday & did The Death of Superman arc.
It's also why Rey was disliked so much, in Disney's Star Wars. Because it was impossible for her to fail, at anything.

If the MC can use his new power to control any other vampire, then he's wearing some hella thick plot armour & needs an immensely powerful nemesis.
One that he cannot use his power on.
Even then, he can just use his power on the antagonist's closest guards, allies, etc.

I presume that some sensible restrictions will need to be placed upon it.

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I wonder, would a vampire enjoy drinking a diabetic's blood?
If they were not managing their HbA1c levels well, I guess it would be pretty sweet.
Like the Vampire equivalent of Cola.
I reckon a sweet toothed creature of the night, like Ayhsel, would be seeking them...

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
If they were not managing their HbA1c levels well, I guess it would be pretty sweet.
I reckon a sweet toothed creature of the night, like Ayhsel, would be seeking them...
I do drink dangerous amounts of coke.

Never had the idea of particularly targeting diabetics.. think is as a chocolate vampire, I tend to first turn my victims in cacao, but you maybe onto something!

Reactions: whichone

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
@Ayhsel
My friend. The MC is definitely more powerful than his adopted mommy. He was clearly sired by an elder. This would make him a neonate but with Elder stats to begin with. This is extremely common in the table top if you are using the Elysium rulebook.(playing an Elder campaign)
The MC is not over powered- even if he has several other powers, because we are led to believe his sire was special in some way. On top of this, he has a pretty incredible Willpower score under what would be VTM. I think it will work fine. This latest update of the game gave us a glimpse into his power of Domination. This alone will not OP him. What we can gather is that Ms. Batshit Crazy is not as low generation as he is. Domination at higher levels, will allow you to coerce vampires, but not those who are lower generation than you are. So we know his sire is tougher or at least equal to the Duke. That said, I do not think this will be a major concern.
I mean I simply mentioned that the game has taken a potentially dangerous approach without some carefulness. But I did make it clear that I am aware that MC's abilities are most likely core at the story, so for now we wait.

One comment, though, Arigon.

Zoey's reaction suggested that a vampire controlling another vampire is extremely weird. This can pose, as you said that MC is simply low generation. But it would require that Zoey's is not aware of the generation things.

Alternatively, which was my main assumption, this part of the story does not follow standard VTM rules. And simply dominating vamps is nothing short of unthinkable.

Does anyone know how close to original material is the storying going for?

So all in all, my words were simply a concern for a potential story telling problem, but they are more based on stipulation than anything at the moment. We'll see.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Zoey is one outcast trying to keep away from clan politics. She knows nothing of hystory.
She has no deeper knowledge clans would instill in their members.
The two babes in charge, baroness and the valkirie admire her 4 being able to be freelance.
Our rain coat employer said as much - we are not tied to anyone so we are freelance.
As such, MC can be the scion of Akasha and burn everyone on a whim, but we cannot know this,
because, yet again, the elder who had fun becoming one ”Angel of Unlife” - that even the elders fear in their council, likes to be just another harlot in the employ of the barones, Zoey confirmed that only wenches were in the club feeding, that is why only guys were snacked on,
You could remember that MC got sniffed out by a dark haired babe
and was then picked up by the light bombshell.
I never mentioned the MC being a hero. Superman is the hero I spoke of.
He's the protagonist. So is the MC.
An invincible protagonist gives the reader no cause to fear for his life & reduces the emotional investment, as well as the opportunity for drama, as a result.
Hence the Superman analogy. This is the specific reason why they created Doomsday & did The Death of Superman arc.
It's also why Rey was disliked so much, in Disney's Star Wars. Because it was impossible for her to fail, at anything.

If the MC can use his new power to control any other vampire, then he's wearing some hella thick plot armour & needs an immensely powerful nemesis.
One that he cannot use his power on.
Even then, he can just use his power on the antagonist's closest guards, allies, etc.

I presume that some sensible restrictions will need to be placed upon it.
I mean I simply mentioned that the game has taken a potentially dangerous approach without some carefulness. But I did make it clear that I am aware that MC's abilities are most likely core at the story, so for now we wait.

One comment, though, Arigon.

Zoey's reaction suggested that a vampire controlling another vampire is extremely weird. This can pose, as you said that MC is simply low generation. But it would require that Zoey's is not aware of the generation things.

Alternatively, which was my main assumption, this part of the story does not follow standard VTM rules. And simply dominating vamps is nothing short of unthinkable.

Does anyone know how close to original material is the storying going for?

So all in all, my words were simply a concern for a potential story telling problem, but they are more based on stipulation than anything at the moment. We'll see.
Game oN!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ayhsel and Dalish

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
On the number of elders there are .. did anyone immagine that king would only sire akasha?
I bet he had a bunch of lovers just like her, but as she became his bethrothed,
they went away and hid, leaving only one king and his queen of the damned.

I suspect this is the case here. It is not that the 2 barond do not have equals and maybe elders in their ranks, like the spineless backstabber lycan collaborator from 1st underworld,
but the elders like the shaddows, they like to feed in peace and annonimity,
leaving the chatter boxes be the puppets that put a veil of trust and lethargy on
the eyes of the valkirie preziding the council.

The way they treat her poorly and just talk over her,
like Zoey does even, and the bombshell does not like it one bit,
the ruler babe may be just some overpowered elder turned former bethrothed of
some higher up, like was said here, gaining his/her incredible strength
and some of his/her exquisite mannerisms, but they all know by know she is not elder per se,
just a childe of someone elder than all of them.

MC can be just another scion to a closetted former lover of dracula,
living her life like Marius did, making lovers of her own or just
turning interesting individuals and letting them loose, like Carmen did in Rebirth,
just to see how they tick and maybe some long time after, when they are strong enough,
drain them and get their power for her own.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I do drink dangerous amounts of coke.

Never had the idea of particularly targeting diabetics.. think is as a chocolate vampire, I tend to first turn my victims in cacao, but you maybe onto something!
God Damnit Ayhsel !!! You should be drinking Mountain Dew Brother!!!!!! :D
Peace!

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
i will repeat i think mc sire is a ordinary lady

Just remember Baba Yaga is 4gen, and she is killed like trash by another 4gen, someone being a cheater in they own merit is possible too

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Dalish and Arigon

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
So .. you are saying you wanna relive Seline saga from underworld .. cool.
i will repeat i think mc sire is a ordinary lady

Just remember Baba Yaga is 4gen, and she is killed like trash by another 4gen, someone being a cheater in they own merit is possible too
Zoey reasoning is still valid ... MC could be a demon like in a discovery of witches,
or a wizard, could be a hybrid himself from a demon and a witch.

What about the child of a vampire and a witch, his blood magik being sealed unless he gets reborn a night spawn.

Thinking abour blood magik ... his blood could be cursed or his momma”s.
We never got to see who gave MC the blood to survive the turning.
Remember there were many babes in the club looking to feed.
Are you sure it was the blonde who actualy provided the blood?
She could just have been feeding on him,
because she knows just how much to get him turned but not to kill him,
because it is tricky. Then some other babe, like her sire or a higher up,
or maybe even one of her childe was brought in to experience giving birth to a new vamp.

Remember, MC was supposed to get killed by the valkirie babe anyway.
It could just be a fluke in their usual trials of teaching their kin how to sire newborns.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
So .. you are saying you wanna relive Seline saga from underworld .. cool.

Zoey reasoning is still valid ... MC could be a demon like in a discovery of witches,
or a wizard, could be a hybrid himself from a demon and a witch.

What about the child of a vampire and a witch, his blood magik being sealed unless he gets reborn a night spawn.

Thinking abour blood magik ... his blood could be cursed or his momma”s.
We never got to see who gave MC the blood to survive the turning.
Remember there were many babes in the club looking to feed.
Are you sure it was the blonde who actualy provided the blood?
She could just have been feeding on him,
because she knows just how much to get him turned but not to kill him,
because it is tricky. Then some other babe, like her sire or a higher up,
or maybe even one of her childe was brought in to experience giving birth to a new vamp.

Remember, MC was supposed to get killed by the valkirie babe anyway.
It could just be a fluke in their usual trials of teaching their kin how to sire newborns.
No,
We know blonde chick with the eyes did it, and even asked for consent.
As the author has stated similarities with VTM I would discount mixed blood. Only way demonic taint would be there is if the mommy vamp is like an old school Bali clan from VTM which is demon tainted.
Marvel and Underworld type breeding does not seem to be the way that the vampires reproduce here. It seems to conform with standard VTM/Anne Rice bite and feed blood sort of reproduction. Unlike Anne Rice, where Lestat grew stronger just feeding on Akasha's blood, it seems to be conforming to VTM.

The reason that blonde babe is the candidate is she was fascinated that he could resist her domination in the club, so when she saw him dying, she gave him the dark kiss.-after asking for consent.
Peace

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Believe me, I wanna love mommy, I really do, 4 saving us, 4 becoming the talk of the whole council,
that ”Angel of Undeath” refference they all wanted to see to fruition, 4 actually breaking off feeding
on some perfectly healthy guy with a full blood supply, to give us the gift of unlife.

What if MC is a failde experiment, tho?
Like .. ”Look, babes, found a vial of blood funny looking in some derelict vamp breeding hell hole”
”Lets use it to turn some orphan to see if it takes”

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes