Sep 3, 2020
I love Rebirth ...This one is just a touch lighter and I'm liking this just as much :)
that's nothing I think I love this game more than you I know it's just beginning and it's probably too early to tell but so far I like that you can choose what kind of vampire you want to be and so far nothing is forced on you it's all your choice

i already decided to play as a good vampire that only kills when he has no choice and doesn't harm the innocent

Reactions: SpyderArachnid

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
that's nothing I think I love this game more than you I know it's just beginning and it's probably too early to tell but so far I like that you can choose what kind of vampire you want to be and so far nothing is forced on you it's all your choice

i already decided to play as a good vampire that only kills when he has no choice and doesn't harm the innocent
The problem with Rebirth is that it's ptolemy and LovesBlondes, so they get into this habit of treading water. Just floating along, the plot just waning from one thing to another. Now there is still enough plot there for it to be interesting, but it takes like 9 updates before anything ever gets accomplished.

This one seems to have a much more concise story and much more potential for the future.

Cooling Prob

Mar 7, 2019
The problem with Rebirth is that it's ptolemy and LovesBlondes, so they get into this habit of treading water. Just floating along, the plot just waning from one thing to another. Now there is still enough plot there for it to be interesting, but it takes like 9 updates before anything ever gets accomplished.

This one seems to have a much more concise story and much more potential for the future.
A bit more on the fun side too

dopey80

May 29, 2017

I think with Ptolemy the problem is he is constantly juggling three or four games at once rather than just concentrating on one.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Just found this from a recommendation in another thread. Excellent start! I like the various characters, the pace, the writing, and the plot. Nice renders too. Thanks for the game and I look forward to coming updates.

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
Great start, really looking forward to following this one.

Side note: Shouldn't this game be tagged with 'Mind Control?' Although, I suppose with the whole vampire premise, maybe that makes the tag redundant?

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The second update took two months so the third one must be out soon.
Not necessarily. Too little info to make any prediction.

First, the second update could have already been in production before the first update was released.
Second, seems to me that most games development slow in time as there are more choices to account for.
Third, with only one observation (time between two updates) it is impossible to make any reasonable estimation.

Having said that, this is the last info I have from the month I was subscribed as patreon:
" Good news bad news post again.

tl;dr: I've had an issue ever since I started rendering where the longer the scene, longer the loading times for frames. It was problematic from time to time, but with the scene I'm currently working on being as long as it is, it became a crippling issue. The good news is that I found a solution, bad news is that it took me a few days and it's not retroactive, so I'm going to lose a day or two more, crushing my hopes of delivering initial release before the end of month, and most likely not in a couple of days at least(....)"

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Not necessarily. Too little info to make any prediction.

First, the second update could have already been in production before the first update was released.
Second, seems to me that most games development slow in time as there are more choices to account for.
Third, with only one observation (time between two updates) it is impossible to make any reasonable estimation.

Having said that, this is the last info I have from the month I was subscribed as patreon:
" Good news bad news post again.

tl;dr: I've had an issue ever since I started rendering where the longer the scene, longer the loading times for frames. It was problematic from time to time, but with the scene I'm currently working on being as long as it is, it became a crippling issue. The good news is that I found a solution, bad news is that it took me a few days and it's not retroactive, so I'm going to lose a day or two more, crushing my hopes of delivering initial release before the end of month, and most likely not in a couple of days at least(....)"
Well that's debatable. Some devs take more time with updates than others. Look at DanielK, he's reliable and updates his games regulary. Not everyone takes 4 months to update 5 minutes of content.
Anyway my post was a poor estimation based on a couple of updates. We still don't know how this dev works although so far Revenant is looking good.
Thanks for the Patreon info.

Reactions: Ayhsel

dopey80

May 29, 2017
Hey!

Almost done, I've gone rusty since last time I did programming so for this release I'm scaling it back to basics, it shouldn't be more than a day or two to finish that, and I'll leave all the rest of the programming for the next release so I don't have to recall the methods and classes I implemented like two months ago and how it all fits in...

So, v0.3 will be available on 11th for Master Researchers, 15th for Assistants and 18th for Supporters.

Took me a bit longer because I had to do a bunch of new renders from a part of the script I totally forgot I needed to do :D

In general I'm satisfied with how it all looks, some of the stuff didn't work out quite the way I was hoping it would, but I can always do better next time and all that. I think people will generally like the chapter, especially those who are into world building.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Thanks for the news. :)

Reactions: Seriosha

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Aner878787 whichone
Thanks for the grammar fixes guys, I'll put them in the next release.

madmate.games I want to ask if you are planning on putting the game in itch.io? The bite will be my rotative support for September and I tend to simply use that one time supports.
I don't mind posting it on itch.io. I'll look into it for the next release for sure.
I know it was already mentioned and answered by the creator about "Shape shifting" but it was a talk about sex change and this typical stuff. What I more interested to know if we gonna see some "Shape shifting" abilitys like the Tzimisce.
Sorry, I don't think I follow, could you elaborate? Sadly, I don't remember talking about shape shifting, and I'm not that great with VtM lore :/

Side note: Shouldn't this game be tagged with 'Mind Control?' Although, I suppose with the whole vampire premise, maybe that makes the tag redundant?
It probably should. I've set some tags when I started the thread, and some were added by the mods. I don't think I can add them on my own, but I think mods wouldn't mind if I asked them politely to update tags next time I update the thread.

Reactions: whichone

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
I don't think I can add them on my own, but I think mods wouldn't mind if I asked them politely to update tags next time I update the thread.
You should be able to edit tags on your own via the pencil near them since you're the thread owner. It's perfectly fine to add them if it fits the tag and is in the game.

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes