Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
I'm seeing a lot of assumptions about the nature of vampires that don't fit the revealed lore, both here and on discord and I just want to say that, while I understand that Doc Alys might not be the perfect expert and people may doubt her words, until/unless some different information is provided she is still the best source on how vampires work in this universe, and that may be same, similar or completely different compared to what vampires are in other universes.

For those who don't want to go back and re-read what Zoey or Alys said about the subject, or check relevant Glossary entries, here's a tl;dr offered during the visit to Doc for those who didn't want to slog through the long explanation:
"In short, you became what you are when a vampire injected you with a viral load - The Bite, thus infecting you with a parasite that converts your body into that of a vampire."
"What you call mesmerizing is most likely a chemical you release while in close proximity to your target, used to make your victim more cooperative."
"The common trait you share with other vampires is fast regeneration. As for any other capabilities, they are mostly inherited from your Creator."
"These traits come from various mutations within the genes of your creator."
(Highlight added by me.)

Whilst MC's creator is most likely a very old and powerful vampire. There is a part of my brain that wonders whether the twist that makes the MC unique among vampires actually lies in his human genes. (mostly =/ all).

There is at least one "trait" that the MC had pre-turning; the ability to naturally resist vampiric mind control. Much emphasis was made on how shocked our creator was when she discovered this, implying that it should be impossible against a vampire of her ability. Could there be some kind of "last direct human descendant of Michael Corvinus" type scenario in play here, making us super-charged after the bite? (That's an Underworld metaphor for those that never watched those movies). That specific pre-alley direct interaction sequence is (a) not really needed if all we got, we got from the creator, and (b) even contradictory in that, if she too had such a powerful mind control, who are we, a mere mortal nobody at the time with none of her genes yet in our blood, to simply shrug it off...unless...

(Seems Shevaun has some form of resistance as well, but perhaps by other means/method/training or even OtherKin).

All just pure speculation on my part obviously.

Anyway, I eagerly await meeting our creator later down the line. She had this sort of whimsical nature about her. Did she save us purely through the kindness of her heart, or was it curiosity that caught her attention, or maybe even a bit of Loki-like micheaviosness, turning a "human with potential" to send like a cat among the pigeons to see what happens.

Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Tumai

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
Think you meant "last direct human descendant of Alexander Corvinus", which is what Michael Corvin was.

I'm leaning towards the "human with potential" route. MC impressed her when he resisted her, so when she found him bleeding out, turning him was too good an opportunity to pass up.

Reactions: Abhai and Darkmetal

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Arigon, you know ive been playing Rebirth for awhile...

How do you feel about this one? Would you recommend this?
I have mixed feelings on the game personally, but I definitely recommend you give it a shot. You might not object to the things I might. It has a lot more sexual content early on, but has slowed that down in later updates. Personally I am more of a fan of the slow burn on the sex but that is just me.
Peace!

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I'm seeing a lot of assumptions about the nature of vampires that don't fit the revealed lore, both here and on discord and I just want to say that, while I understand that Doc Alys might not be the perfect expert and people may doubt her words, until/unless some different information is provided she is still the best source on how vampires work in this universe, and that may be same, similar or completely different compared to what vampires are in other universes.

For those who don't want to go back and re-read what Zoey or Alys said about the subject, or check relevant Glossary entries, here's a tl;dr offered during the visit to Doc for those who didn't want to slog through the long explanation:
"In short, you became what you are when a vampire injected you with a viral load - The Bite, thus infecting you with a parasite that converts your body into that of a vampire."
"What you call mesmerizing is most likely a chemical you release while in close proximity to your target, used to make your victim more cooperative."
"The common trait you share with other vampires is fast regeneration. As for any other capabilities, they are mostly inherited from your Creator."
"These traits come from various mutations within the genes of your creator."
I am calling bullshit on you.
You set things up a certain way, then you decide to fall back on what a scientific approach which Alys states is actually the case?
This is not consistent with how you have written your story.
But HEY! It is your story and write it how you want. It would just be nice if you were consistent.

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
I am calling bullshit on you.
You set things up a certain way, then you decide to fall back on what a scientific approach which Alys states is actually the case?
This is not consistent with how you have written your story.
But HEY! It is your story and write it how you want. It would just be nice if you were consistent.
Maybe you could point out inconsistencies so we can clear up any misunderstandings?

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Maybe you could point out inconsistencies so we can clear up any misunderstandings?
Will be happy to.
I will send it to you.

Additional point to make,
While I do not object to a bad ending as a result of a choice, you already had the MC under stress make your big bad bitch vampy go to sleep. Under much greater duress however, he seems to be helpless. Flagrant. Once he woke up the power under stress, particularly with the same vampire, there is no reason why he could not have done the same thing, except of course you want to railroad the story. That is fine, but don't pretend that choices matter.

What is sad is that I started off as a fan of your work, even if at the beginning it was a thinly veiled copy of the beginning of VtM Bloodlines. Some of what you had started with was quite good.
In any case, I will send you some information.
Peace

Éama

Apr 17, 2022
While I do not object to a bad ending as a result of a choice, you already had the MC under stress make your big bad bitch vampy go to sleep. Under much greater duress however, he seems to be helpless. Flagrant. Once he woke up the power under stress, particularly with the same vampire, there is no reason why he could not have done the same thing, except of course you want to railroad the story. That is fine, but don't pretend that choices matter.
When it comes to helping others, especially when it involves a personal connection, many people develop stronger emotions and are more willing to go to extremes than when it comes to helping themselves. If you follow the news, it happens quite often. Andy's desire to protect women in threatening situations is what got him into the nightclub in the first place. In fact, this quality has even silenced his inner logical voice that said "Don't mix personal life and job, it never works" but he couldn't help it. If you really want to push it, we could even make the point that it's the main reason why he became a vampire. And this protective nature unlocks some of his skills under duress. Doesn't sound illogical to me.

Last edited:

dking239

Jul 1, 2017
The first time only worked because she was not attacking him directly and was focused on Zoey and had no idea his powers can work on other vampires but this time he had all her focus on him and besides she is older faster and far far stronger.

Reactions: Ragnar

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I don't understand how that is railroading at all. Are you suggesting that Emilia is incapable of understanding what MC did? And incapable of finding defense toward MC:s abilities? She's had several days to prepare for that meeting with MC while MC still don't know anything about his own abilities. Very unlikely MC would win in such a fight. Especially since she has the drop on him. First fight MC got lucky because Emilia wasn't aware of what he could do.

Beavershot

Aug 19, 2018
So, I've been playing the game, and thoroughly enjoying it so far. I'm guessing there are incomplete missions since I can't complete Papers Please. No access to my bed, neighbors aren't home, already went to see psycho bitch and daddy, woo'd the pretty blonde and red head... Can't wait to see where this goes. I honestly would love to see MC be more snide to Baldy and his buddy and get away with it. :D But that's just my smartassery showing. I'll keep an eye on this one. Not a fan of most Vamp stories, but this one caught my interest.

kuhoka4

May 22, 2020
Thanks for game this one really good story interesting and characters good too i pray to Zoe not turn one of the annoying main girls characters for know other than that Mc personalit can be problem too if he become little too much good guy thing but still looks good again thanks for making really good game i really love games with VTB style/theme games.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
So, I've been playing the game, and thoroughly enjoying it so far. I'm guessing there are incomplete missions since I can't complete Papers Please.
yea can do only visit mansion and chatting with step-mommy and landlady on this update and on previous it was just prologue.

Reactions: -L-L-MJ-

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
yea can do only visit mansion and chatting with step-mommy and landlady on this update and on previous it was just prologue.
Now I feel like it is a real missed opportunity the mc doesn't have some running jokes referring to zoey as step-mommy since his mom abandoned him...

• Haha
Reactions: Nulldev and cxx

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Will be happy to.
I will send it to you.

What is sad is that I started off as a fan of your work, even if at the beginning it was a thinly veiled copy of the beginning of VtM Bloodlines. Some of what you had started with was quite good.
In any case, I will send you some information.
Peace
Care to post it here? Because to me, it just sounds like you don't like things deviating from WoD lore. There isn't anything inherently wrong with parasitic vampiricism. Besides, doc is just one person who is obviously a skeptic doing research to prove her hypothesis. In all likelihood, the true nature of vampires in this universe will be a mix of some scientific concepts and mysticism. You just can't explain vampires purely with science.

The only pitfall I see is that a breathing vampire with a functional circulatory system would pretty much check all criteria for life.

Signs of life may include breathing, blood pressure, body heat, pulse, movement, and/or speech.
Some excerpt from some DHS guidelines for first responders.

Other than possibly body heat (although I don't see why thermoregulation specifically would be turned off in this case), the vampires are basically alive. In some sense, they share a lot of characteristics with thin bloods from WoD lore.

I don't feel like combing through the whole script at this point, so I'm not sure if there are mentions of undead, undeath, and related concepts when dealing with the nature of vampires. As long as that isn't the case, I don't see anything wrong with "alive" vampires on a conceptual level.

---------------------

As for your apparent complaint about the game over, just like everyone else complaining about this, you are ignoring the whole scenario that leads up to this event. The first time he puts her under, she has no reason to suspect he has this capability. The second time, she is obviously prepared and jumps him with her far superior physical stats. His domination needs the spoken word. She is prepared to kill him if she senses any a hint of defiance.

The only way this scenario plays out differently is if MC was fully prepared to go Rambo on the whole mansion, dominating everyone before they can react. That is obviously suicidal, especially since MC doesn't even understand his powers or his place in the vampire society. He is just a clueless fledgeling trying to figure out the major players in the game. There is was no reason for him to try and dominate anyone in there until the specific choice in question, and by that time, it was already too late. Plus, since he knows that dominated vamps remember being dominated, he better be damn sure that he has a permanent solution (kill/imprison/mind wipe) before trying it again on a powerful foe.

You also mentioned MC's generation. Low generation number doesn't have to mean immediate power in a game that isn't following WoD religiously. It can simply mean greater potential or growth rate. Do low generation fledgelings show their power immediately even in WoD? Besides the point though. There is no point in disagreeing with the lore just because it isn't following your preferred rulebook. That is, as long as it doesn't blatantly disregard logic, current scientific knowledge (if it doesn't hedge itself with magic or plausible sci-fi), or basic internal consistency. Maybe you could share it with us if you found such issues.

Harskialdna

May 25, 2017
JenusKudo Arrdvark lilithcultist

Just since I saw a few asking for cheats;

This will boost the 10 stats on the left side of the character panel. [the stats that can't be changed in the save editor]
If you want to change your money, power, control or energy that can be done via; saveeditonline.com

This should not require restarting and should be compatible with the WT mod that is already available.
It will need to be updated with each new version though I think.

Let me know if there are any problems.
Obviously drop the "game" folder from the .rar file in your main "The Bite Revenant" folder.
Works like a charm. Just had to install the walkthrough mod again afterwards. Thanks!

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Care to post it here? Because to me, it just sounds like you don't like things deviating from WoD lore. There isn't anything inherently wrong with parasitic vampiricism. Besides, doc is just one person who is obviously a skeptic doing research to prove her hypothesis. In all likelihood, the true nature of vampires in this universe will be a mix of some scientific concepts and mysticism. You just can't explain vampires purely with science.

The only pitfall I see is that a breathing vampire with a functional circulatory system would pretty much check all criteria for life.

Some excerpt from some DHS guidelines for first responders.

Other than possibly body heat (although I don't see why thermoregulation specifically would be turned off in this case), the vampires are basically alive. In some sense, they share a lot of characteristics with thin bloods from WoD lore.

I don't feel like combing through the whole script at this point, so I'm not sure if there are mentions of undead, undeath, and related concepts when dealing with the nature of vampires. As long as that isn't the case, I don't see anything wrong with "alive" vampires on a conceptual level.

---------------------

As for your apparent complaint about the game over, just like everyone else complaining about this, you are ignoring the whole scenario that leads up to this event. The first time he puts her under, she has no reason to suspect he has this capability. The second time, she is obviously prepared and jumps him with her far superior physical stats. His domination needs the spoken word. She is prepared to kill him if she senses any a hint of defiance.

The only way this scenario plays out differently is if MC was fully prepared to go Rambo on the whole mansion, dominating everyone before they can react. That is obviously suicidal, especially since MC doesn't even understand his powers or his place in the vampire society. He is just a clueless fledgeling trying to figure out the major players in the game. There is was no reason for him to try and dominate anyone in there until the specific choice in question, and by that time, it was already too late. Plus, since he knows that dominated vamps remember being dominated, he better be damn sure that he has a permanent solution (kill/imprison/mind wipe) before trying it again on a powerful foe.

You also mentioned MC's generation. Low generation number doesn't have to mean immediate power in a game that isn't following WoD religiously. It can simply mean greater potential or growth rate. Do low generation fledgelings show their power immediately even in WoD? Besides the point though. There is no point in disagreeing with the lore just because it isn't following your preferred rulebook. That is, as long as it doesn't blatantly disregard logic, current scientific knowledge (if it doesn't hedge itself with magic or plausible sci-fi), or basic internal consistency. Maybe you could share it with us if you found such issues.
I will post it here.
I am in the middle of real life and as this requires that I go through it and actually make notes it will take me a minute. I am not editing or proofing this one, so I have to go back and do this instead of just popping from memory.
Peace

Reactions: desmosome

Psykotik

Sep 20, 2018
Unofficial Android Port of:

The Bite: Revenant [v0.52] + LightmanP Walkthrough Mod

MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My android port has an alternative save location, the save will remain intact when you uninstall the game so don't worry about starting over. And my port has a textbox opacity slider and text size slider and added change name to the main menu.

if you like my ports, consider buying me a cofee as to motivate me and get me going to do more ports, and help me pay for mega storage, thanks
Hey, heads up. The Save Name function keeps bringing up the keyboard, even when you disable the function in preference. Kinda annoying, sorry to say.

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes