cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Is it really that hard to tell the Player ingame that this is the end for now? Like for real whats a good reason for not doing it???
yes it is, this ain't only game with that. all games like that are sandboxy games.

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
It is the end of the game the Dev. forgot to put the "reach the end of Update" notification, and apologized , a few pages back, for it already !
abrazo
I thought i was doing something wrong lol. Glad to know it was the end of the update

Last edited:
Reactions: xapican

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
So I take it since MC is kinda dead there is no chance we get to knock up any of the girls?

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
So I take it since MC is kinda dead there is no chance we get to knock up any of the girls?
:unsure: oh I wouldn't entirly rule that out to be honest.
When reading the story you may have noticed mention that some of the legendary bloodlines.
Were infact believed to be able to procreate like normal humans do.
And since we now know the MC is one of the legendary bloodlines.
It's is entirly possible Should the Dev decide so that he may infact be from one of these particular legendary bloodlines.
Or not what ever the Dev may choose.

Just Sayin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brainfurt

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Hahaha, If you forget to include it (like in the versions before) then yeah it is hard, was a honest mistake. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Edit: like me I forgot to post you the link to the original Dev post.
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-bite-revenant-v0-81-madmate-games.85276/post-10768792 :rolleyes: :D:D
Yeah, I was really loving the game, and suddenly, none of the quests work...

This is EXACTLY why I avoid incomplete sandbox games. I think I may need to leave this one to mature. As a proof of concept it's quite obviously good, but the teasing of non existing content, kills it.

Maybe only introduce the quests when they are playable to completion? Frustrating the players doesn't look like a long-term survival option.

Again, it is my fault for playing a incomplete sandbox, it is obviously not in a playable state, this is NOT a VN where you may advance by chapters. This is a Early Access Work In Progress with some semblance of working parts. What works is quite good, however, what doesn't makes me want to delete it. Yet, it is MY fault for getting into this mess, I should know better.

Peace :(

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
From the gameplay perspective, with the new skill system, which accounts for the % of ALL skill points in a category you could have gotten up until that point, being locked from a quest feels like a kick in the balls. I have no knowledge if I permanently fucked my char by not making the correct decision, as maybe these 2 (for now, more later) quests turn out to be heavy on skill checks, which directly translates to my character now not being able to pass skill checks in the future.

But, perhaps I misunderstood the new skill system and it does not take into account quests that you did not do, in which case everything is gucci.
% of all skill points, assuming you went through the relevant choices. If you didn't they don't count. There might be some lack of balance, like for example if there's a character that you need in the future, but you skipped most of their quests, so the choices you made with them are much more impactful relatively speaking, but the impact should be reduced the more content there is for said character.

--
Again apologies for forgetting to add end of content message in this update. I'll edit the OP to make a warning about that, hopefully that will help with that issue.

Sep 3, 2020
% of all skill points, assuming you went through the relevant choices. If you didn't they don't count. There might be some lack of balance, like for example if there's a character that you need in the future, but you skipped most of their quests, so the choices you made with them are much more impactful relatively speaking, but the impact should be reduced the more content there is for said character.

--
Again apologies for forgetting to add end of content message in this update. I'll edit the OP to make a warning about that, hopefully that will help with that issue.
that's funny I never really think about it normally I just try to make choices

I would actually make in that situation I don't really think about points

because I don't really care about missing out on content

I like to become the character when I play

Mar 18, 2019

--
Cool, then I have no issues with that. I accept being penalized for choices I do make, and making them matter more is not a negative imo. As long as I don't get penalized for choices I never had a chance to make I'm alright with the system.

Mar 18, 2019
that's funny I never really think about it normally I just try to make choices

I would actually make in that situation I don't really think about points

because I don't really care about missing out on content

I like to become the character when I play
I completely agree. But plenty of times this causes issues. I remember that one game with the office lady, where I flip-flopped between the clear love vs slut choices and it locked up my game by making me not have enough points to choose either of the 2 options I was presented.

In Badik, by pure chance, I ended up season 1 as a neutral affinity. Guess what? Neutral is fake, I'm just treated as a Chick affinity (meaning I CAN'T make DIK choices).

If the game is well balanced I would be able to make choices I would do IRL and from them other choices would stem, ideally never being locked out of something I would not do, but in practice, this doesn't work. Eg. if I am playing a pacifist and decide some event is strong enough to change my character from the core most games will never account for that, instead locking me into the role I already have.

Tl;dr. I like to play that way as well, and was concerned that the introduction of this point system will, eventually, lead to ludonarrative dissonance for me. For now those concerns have been put to rest.

Sep 3, 2020
I completely agree. But plenty of times this causes issues. I remember that one game with the office lady, where I flip-flopped between the clear love vs slut choices and it locked up my game by making me not have enough points to choose either of the 2 options I was presented.

In Badik, by pure chance, I ended up season 1 as a neutral affinity. Guess what? Neutral is fake, I'm just treated as a Chick affinity (meaning I CAN'T make DIK choices).

If the game is well balanced I would be able to make choices I would do IRL and from them other choices would stem, ideally never being locked out of something I would not do, but in practice, this doesn't work. Eg. if I am playing a pacifist and decide some event is strong enough to change my character from the core most games will never account for that, instead locking me into the role I already have.

Tl;dr. I like to play that way as well, and was concerned that the introduction of this point system will, eventually, lead to ludonarrative dissonance for me. For now those concerns have been put to rest.
exactly brother when I play
being a dick I don't try to be a dick or a Chick

but since I'm a monogamous person and I don't cheat on anyone I'm a hundred percent faithful the game calls me a Chick

and when I play The Bite: Revenant I only focus on Zoey

and I reject everyone else

I play a kind and good vampire I only punish evil people

basically, I'm a vampire Punisher

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.81 + WT by LightmanP

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.
(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)
Mega
PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 233 MiB

Come find me on Discord:
I am no longer able to request my post get promoted to the OP from the mods. Only the owner of this thread can do it for me now. Otherwise this is the only notice you get that I have updated my android port.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
exactly brother when I play
being a dick I don't try to be a dick or a Chick

but since I'm a monogamous person and I don't cheat on anyone I'm a hundred percent faithful the game calls me a Chick

and when I play The Bite: Revenant I only focus on Zoey

and I reject everyone else

I play a kind and good vampire I only punish evil people

basically, I'm a vampire Punisher
You need sex scenes with the chicks if you want to raise your points and achieve abilities.

Unfortunately our Dear Dev is a bit of a naughty kid, therefore we still have no lewd scenes with the Main Chick (Zoey, of course).
Let's face it: who gives a damn fuck about Shivaun and the blond with the lizard tongue :rolleyes:

naughty naughty Dev :censored:

Sep 3, 2020
You need sex scenes with the chicks if you want to raise your points and achieve abilities.

Unfortunately our Dear Dev is a bit of a naughty kid, therefore we still have no lewd scenes with the Main Chick (Zoey, of course).
Let's face it: who gives a damn fuck about Shivaun and the blond with the lizard tongue :rolleyes:

naughty naughty Dev :censored:
at the moment I don't really care about raising my points

and I like that Zoey does not

throw herself at us right away

it makes the relationship more romantic and meaningful

in my opinion

Reactions: hockeyer
4.50 star(s) 69 Votes