Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
Disappointed with this update, really feels like the story is being rushed to reach the end asap.

No more gameplay, buildup, choices or exploration like we had before.
This new version became a kinetic novel and goes from sex scene to sex scene linearly rushing through the story in the least satisfying way possible.

A shame but I guess this is what happens when devs try to work on multiple projects at the same time, quality has to drop a few extra notches until there is nothing left.
The truth is that TBR, (I have already posted it several times) was a Jam project, if you played some of my other VN you will see that this one is much more H Scene but less lore and character background (for something "more worked" there is The Seamstress).
Yes it is more "Fans Service", in fact it is real what you say, only that, the truth is that TBR always cost me to update, I think that after the Ritual of Dhalia, the game should already finish, but as it happened in TESS that many "stayed with the desire", in TBR I am exhausting that, in the next update it would finish (like Love MorteM, at least that's my idea).
It is that TBR even, I was not sure to finish it, that is to say, it was never a project that I had thought after the ritual, if I see that there are people who like what I do, it is possible that I do a remake of this, but already thinking about it as a vistual novel.

I was also dissatisfied with my own update outside the HScene, I think I should finish it soon.

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
Decent game so far, however, I will admit that I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't any ntr when there's a tag that says NTR. (Sorry but someone had to say it. :p )
Overall interesting story I'm curious as to see where this goes.
Uff what to say about this! take a look at the comments! I think the same as you, but I had to put it because otherwise I would go to the bonfire.

Reactions: Tiredx

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
How can I advance time? I have followed the little tutorial and once I have gone to church, the tutorial says to go in the evening to see Joseph, but I don't know what to do to get to that time of day
If you are from the central map, with the clock you can pass the time.
screenshot0001.png

In the MC room you can hang out (or work if you have that option, but the best is in the room).
1643028557265.png

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
This was a mixed bag.

I'll start off saying I didn't mind the renders at all, they might be a bit simsy but they get the job done and I find far more enjoyable that anime style drawings or renders. Though I'd have liked the sex scenes to have been more developed, but mainly by having dialogue between the people, as I feel like especially with rough sex there could be some good content there.

I liked the general vibe of the story and whatnot. I think I'm really into the idea of sex cults so that kept me engaged with things. Plus it was sufficiently kinky for me to enjoy and I find that's an rea lots of games are ultimately a let down.

However, the way the story was presented wasn't so good. Lots of just talking about the hierarchy of the church and random ranks they all have and it just made my eyes gloss over and I tuned out a bit... and I found just in general the writing wasn't that fluid or interesting. It might be a native language thing, as I noticed the game would sometimes randomly swap to being in Spanish for a line or 2.

Also I don't get what the sandbox was about. It starts off just being a little linear prologue, okay. Then some kind of 8-bit sandbox, which I found a bit of a pain. Often the stuff in the book/journal wasn't stuff you needed to worry about, most of the things you could click on places like lamps and stuff were just pointless. My biggest annoyance was that often you needed people to be in specific places, but rather than being able to press the time of day picture on the left (which is next to a bunch of other things that are buttons and it's mad that one isn't one)... you'd have to go: house, inside, upstairs, bedroom, sleep, upstairs, downstairs, outside, map to see if now someone was where you wanted them to be, and repeat... when you should have just been able to advance time with a single button click.
But then... the second half the sandbox is gone and it's now something entirely on rails... so I'm not even sure why that sandbox was ever there to start with, it felt a bit out of place.

Another complaint would be I don't think there's really been any choices that matter, you can choose to view things or not, but I don't feel I've had any hand in actually shaping the events that occur, which is one of the reason I like my smut in game form.

So yeah was fairly mixed to me, but I'd play an update for it and I hope it gets even dirtier, I'd like to see the sister and mother getting dped by the trans characters, some pregnancy stuff, etc.

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
Laura is very easy to fuck.
I'm afraid that in the translation this is a bit lost; but yes, let's say that Laura is one of the points where they grab the family.
The aunt (Laura's sister) is the witch who makes the connection with Joseph, if you see the intro, Laura is more "normal" and the game (when you play in Point & Click mode, when it starts), one of the premises are the change of look of Laura and Yannina.

Incest games fan

Jun 16, 2019
I'm afraid that in the translation this is a bit lost; but yes, let's say that Laura is one of the points where they grab the family.
The aunt (Laura's sister) is the witch who makes the connection with Joseph, if you see the intro, Laura is more "normal" and the game (when you play in Point & Click mode, when it starts), one of the premises are the change of look of Laura and Yannina.
i mean, she is a whore

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
i mean, she is a whore
It's not as simple as that, but I understand why you draw that conclusion, TBR is a prequel spinoff to Love MorteM, there's a lot of lore and backstory, I understand that in TBR, that's more in the background.
The Sixthurian church (Marseille, The Pastor, The Minister) has a development of thousands of years (in the Lore); Dhalia herself is a very important character.
Laura is going through a transformation, like Marla.

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
Maybe, at some point, I still need to close it, I have the renders and videos, but as I said in the beginning, it was a project that was originally for a jam.
I'm in full with the remake of Love MorteM, this game is the one I have the hardest time to update, basically it's one fan service after another.
Love MorteM is the one that at least has had more support and is even building a small loyal fan base, now it's the priority.
But since I already have everything to update it, maybe at some point I'll do it.
Maybe if some mod happens to put it "on hold" just like The Seasmtress.

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
This game awesome too bad its abandon. Come dev bring it back.
Thank you!
But this (like all my projects, unfortunately!) has no support; moreover I often receive harassment from the "anti NTR"; in this case it depends a lot on morale and motivation.
For TBR; I already had the ending, but I started with the LM Remake, which had some people showing me real interest (that's what motivated me for the Remake); if you didn't play Love MorteM, I just have to tell you - it's a timeline where one of the characters (Dhalia) escapes to the Love MorteM timeline - even in TBR there is the witch "Ailahd" (Dhalia backwards) from a 3rd timeline.
In the Remake, I plan to put the whole TBR story at some point as an extra.

The Klub 17-0001.png
The Klub 17-0003.png

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
A "spiritual successor", would be "The Black Rose Club"; that in itself also from TESS (with its own characters and story), but I have yet to see this idea, besides it might not work as a game by update, the idea is a shorter game; but replayable; a Bible Black style, thing that has several/roads and endings.
But the problem is to think, "free so they can just criticize it?" That's one of the things that also pulls me back!

1661126781256.png