VN Ren'Py The Builder [S2 Ep. 8.1] [LewdRobotics]

3.60 star(s) 30 Votes

reznar

Mar 14, 2018
Did a quick playthrough of B4, here's all the major changes I noticed.

1638718332300.png 1638718389454.png 1638718620695.png

Honestly, not too bad as an Author's Saving Throw. I wouldn't say it's all the changes I would like, but it does a good job at calming the Gry Issue.

I still think that it would've worked better if we made Paul into a friend of the MCs instead of Joe Random Asshole, but this still works out.

Looking forward to seeing what happens in Episode 2.

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020

View attachment 1531428 View attachment 1531429 View attachment 1531435

Honestly, not too bad as an Author's Saving Throw. I wouldn't say it's all the changes I would like, but it does a good job at calming the Gry Issue.

I still think that it would've worked better if we made Paul into a friend of the MCs instead of Joe Random Asshole, but this still works out.

"warning other people making love"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I find it funny the way he wrote the choice "making love" instead of "having sex" (I wouldn't call sex in the bathroom "making love" but hey everyone thinks differently)

So the dev added the option to skip that scene, my question is: when the mc talks to the blonde after that scene does the (fake)option still appear to try to tell her that Paul cheated on her in the bathroom :unsure: ?

reznar

Mar 14, 2018
"warning other people making love"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I find it funny the way he wrote the choice "making love" instead of "having sex" (I wouldn't call sex in the bathroom "making love" but hey everyone thinks differently)

So the dev added the option to skip that scene, my question is: when the mc talks to the blonde after that scene does the (fake)option still appear to try to tell her that Paul cheated on her in the bathroom :unsure: ?
I'll admit it, I laughed at the warning.

Hitting the skip button takes you right to Thea dismissing everybody. For some reason the "Carla, Wait" sequence still exists, but whatever, it's only a minor snarl in the space time continuity. Though it does change the characterization of the MC since the "Screw the job, I have to save Carla" option still exists.... but save her from what?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chimba

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
The last post on Patreon is the Dev letting his patreons choose if the game should be a normal VN (y) or a sandbox :sick: .
Thanks for the info.
I hate it when a new dev is so clueless about how to draw people to their game.
No game can be everything to everyone. Under normal circumstances (and we all know the exceptions) a dev must decide what their game/VN will be BEFORE it's launched. Sadly so many have to learn this the hard way.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Sandbox is the devil of pointlessness but it would make my choice rather to give this another try way easy...

Reactions: JonTommy

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
In order to save the village from extinction you must make all the women there pregnant...

...Is this a village full of humans? Because I feel like one could probably find more humans somewhere to live in this village.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleFredo

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018

View attachment 1531428 View attachment 1531429 View attachment 1531435

Wait, so all he did was change the name? LOL
"Huh Gry was your name? You looks very much like this Jane girl I saw once..."

I honestly feel a little bad for the Dev, he obviously has no idea how the AVN community is if he doesn't see an issue with the way the story presents things. Even the way he says in the survey: "I plan to have 19 LI's so the loss of 1 slutty one shouldn't be a big deal."
Like... my dude, you obviously do not know what a harem audience wants... and just want to make a game of fucking pregnant women, which hey, good on you for doing a thing! But also maybe do some market research if you want to sell the thing you make. Alot of people don't give a fuck and tie no emotions to pixels on screen fucking, and maybe in his country, jealousy isnt as huge a thing, but if you look into any of the big AVN communities you would see a clear dichotomy between different audiences. He just... was not prepared.

It will be interesting to see which way he pivots from here, will he remove the harem tag, and just go with his original plans while stating "Its not for harem fans, its my own creation." will he take out the objectionable content and adjust his plans slightly to fit a harem player base?

I also found it odd that he said: "Well I have analytics that show none of my patreon growth was from F95."... well no shit you didn't get fans from here, a number of people pointed out some major issues why it wont do well here. Why would a harem fan from here pledge to you unless they were sure your game was going in a direction they liked? Maybe if he fixed issues and put out a new episode showing the direction then yeah, people would pledge but using a "Well no one here supports devs so I won't need to listen to people from here" is a fallacy.
People from here, my self included, support the games which align with our kinks and likes, of course we wont support something that doesn't align with our interests and so far, this game needs work before I'd consider pledging myself. I'm sure i'm not alone in that.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Sandbox is the devil of pointlessness but it would make my choice rather to give this another try way easy...
Have you ever heard the saying
“Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.”

Because I feel it really fits here. Sandbox has drawbacks. But every alternative to sandbox is somehow worse. With non sandbox you typically have missables and time limited events and backtracking to an earlier save which just make for a miserable gaming experience. It pushes you towards using a walkthrough so you do not get things "wrong", which ruins the fun.

With a sandbox each individual plot arc (whether it is a waifu or a plot chain) can have a self contained story. Can be done at the order you prefer (to a degree. you can have blockers such that X has to be done before Y). You can ignore specific ones. And you can still make choices depending on what kind of end result you want.

Furthermore with non sandbox you frequently need to restart the entire game. While in sandbox it is easy to add new content and then access said new content with an old save.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Have you ever heard the saying
“Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.”

Because I feel it really fits here. Sandbox has drawbacks. But every alternative to sandbox is somehow worse.
You are welcome to your opinion, and in the abstract I might agree, maybe. But in the real world sandboxes are far harder to implement, far harder to debug, much more difficult to maintain consistency, and virtually always fraught with "not yet implemented" anytime you go some place unintended by the developer.

The reality is that in the vast majority of VNs, sandboxes are a much poorer implementation path. Don't get me wrong, there are a tiny handful of sandboxes so masterfully implemented that they truly are amazing. But we're talking about fewer than 10 of the many hundreds of sandboxes available here.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 30 Votes