Nick198

Apr 24, 2021
I suggest the author learn from the author of Fashion Queen Monica. They are all sandbox games, and their task prompts are very effective. After playing Ranger 0.4, I have no idea what to do

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
It's got a lot of promise, and I really dig the atmosphere, but I'm gonna gonna be able to get anywhere in this game without a really good walkthrough. If you see this, and someone makes one, please let me know.

This does need to be said btw. This game is very poory translated.

Reactions: vaperito22

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
This game could be interesting but its plot is almost incomprehensible without some kind of walkthrough. There's no sense of what do do. Im just picking through trash or stealing

Like a bum lol but there's no progress. Even with hints and cheats its basically impossible to do anything. I managed to talk to the bank lady but didnt get a job. I got my haircut and after like 2 ingame days, I lost it and look like a bum again. Cant seem to progress with Maria.

Voyager1980XD

Nov 9, 2022
I love the art direction of this dev. Gordon is like in my top 3 adult games ever. It's also one of the few devs who has sense of humor and knows how to write funny and interesting dialogues. True rarity among adult games studios. Gordon was so fun, at times I didnt even cared that I am playing adult game, it was just pleasure to play on it's own as an adventure game with funny characters. --> Gordon is fucking amazing game that everyone should play and support the dev for making it.

But The Bum is a complete joke. Most of the time you just grind - walking from one place to another like an idiot, eting, resting or skipping time. There are pointless "RPG stats" that just add forced character management. This game is designed like a freemium mobile game but instead paying $ to skip the chores... you're just bored to death. Even with activated cheat mode, playing The Bum feels like a 8h shift at the coal mine. Not to mention that there is not that many sexy females to interact with. Usualy there are just dudes talking about "gangsta stuff".

if Gordon was like 9/10, The Bum in comparison is maybe 2/10, just for the art style. The worst part ? there is no update or patch that could fix issues with The Bum. Dev would have to literaly rework entire gameplay to make it fun to play.

Daddy59

Jun 10, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7968, in <module>
NameError: name 'res_garnett_hour' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpyc", line 3329, in script call
    ��B��~��Υ.`!�E���yW�1|��:pQ��\����yp,B��q�Z�J�1^��fS�

Old saves... :(

Last edited:

Dwari225

Dec 9, 2020
So what I'm I suppose to do in this game? I've had to restart 10 times already because every time I leave the starting area I just get killed by the 2 guys. Is there another way to leave the area without them killing you?

Daddy59

Jun 10, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7968, in <module>
NameError: name 'res_garnett_hour' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpyc", line 3607, in script call
  File "game/script.rpyc", line 3329, in script call
    ��B��~��Υ.`!�E���yW�1|��:pQ��\����yp,B��q�Z�J�1^��fS�
So what I'm I suppose to do in this game? I've had to restart 10 times already because every time I leave the starting area I just get killed by the 2 guys. Is there another way to leave the area without them killing you?
Wait...wait

gladiactor

Oct 28, 2017
Hello everyone, but is it possible that each update must be started from the head? However this time I loaded my rescue of the previous version and the game works, but the only thing is that every time I change the scene or I finish an action from this error.

Schermata 2023-05-09 alle 12.04.18.png

Does anyone know how I can solve?

Thank you.

<JT>

Game Developer
May 1, 2019
I suggest the author learn from the author of Fashion Queen Monica. They are all sandbox games, and their task prompts are very effective. After playing Ranger 0.4, I have no idea what to do
I only learn from myself.
author of Fashion Queen Monica - I have been playing this game for a very long time(3-4 years ago). My respect to the author if he does everything himself. Of all the sandboxes that I saw on this site, it really looks like a real one. My respect for the fact that this is not a visual novel (That means he's not stupid).

Reactions: ManuZero

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
Nice environment, decent dialogues, but impossible to do, the skip time button should be hours, not 15 minutes, after following the Hints without being able to progress for an hour I gave up, I wish the developer good luck, but post a track and that it doesn't work is the worst, for example with Maria I stayed in the step where she asks me to talk to her in her room, I did it like 15 times to and from the city... and nothing keeps giving me the same dialogue and nothing happens, how mortifying, good luck to those who continue with this game, I hope to return in a long time and have polished the gameplay.

Reactions: Aizar

Burnknight

Donor
May 11, 2017
Dev, the transitions are too long. No need for so many anyway, the bus ride is just bulking up the already huge amount of transitions for every action, also the transition that says "The Bum" is unnecessary most of the time. A few are okay, but the amount there is, just too much. Otherwise the game is good in every aspect.

Last edited:

<JT>

Game Developer
May 1, 2019
Nice environment, decent dialogues, but impossible to do, the skip time button should be hours, not 15 minutes, after following the Hints without being able to progress for an hour I gave up, I wish the developer good luck, but post a track and that it doesn't work is the worst, for example with Maria I stayed in the step where she asks me to talk to her in her room, I did it like 15 times to and from the city... and nothing keeps giving me the same dialogue and nothing happens, how mortifying, good luck to those who continue with this game, I hope to return in a long time and have polished the gameplay.
With the skip of time, a special mechanic has been developed in the game. Use alcohol (in various degrees of intoxication), or illegal substances (in various dosages) to experiment with skipping time. The main thing is not to interfere with sleeping pills with alcohol!

Uddu

Mar 11, 2022
Hello everyone, but is it possible that each update must be started from the head? However this time I loaded my rescue of the previous version and the game works, but the only thing is that every time I change the scene or I finish an action from this error.

View attachment 2607519

Does anyone know how I can solve?

Thank you.
That's the only probable answer for now.
I asked the same question when 0.3.5 was released and the dev never answered and kept saying old saves.
If you have to grind from the start of every update, then I'm out.

P.S.: I actually enjoy and like the game but grinding every update is just pure waste.

Reactions: gladiactor

Burnknight

Donor
May 11, 2017
after hours of grind, for the party diego asks from you to bring drugs ( 6 packs in my case ), then on noon there is a option for party in diego/eddy house...if you let maria to be fucked - you will lost all progress with her...
Hey mate, how do I actually trigger the party? I havent met Eddy anywhere on the map and I have gone all over the place at different times, Diego says that he hangs out with Maria at the Gateway, but when I let him take her out they are never there.

2.60 star(s) 59 Votes