4.00 star(s) 38 Votes

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Not sure how private messaging works here but you could have people send you ideas. That might be fun.
And just my opinion but I think it was more about her being a bitch than her being an alcoholic.
"Mom, I don't think you should be driving."
"You're right. Would you drive for me?" ;)

Or maybe the excuse is a lame one. You could make that work. Helps her realize her kids were mature enough to handle it.
Yeah if anybody has some ideas shoot them my way, I'm currently working on the script for that scene so could really help :p

You can just have the mc take advantage of her in that state.
That's a tad to dark for what I'm going for :unsure:

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Yeah making Grace an alcoholic at the start is one of my biggest regrets, I feel like everyone is focusing on that, despite the fact it was going to be a tiny part of the story, and now, I have to come up with some big grand thing that'll explain it all.

It's truly stressing me out to the point where I'm thinking about just going back and removing all aspects of alcohol from her story because nothing I come up with will be enough, lol.

I can't use my original idea because almost everyone has guessed it and I'm the type of guy that prefers a little mystery to it, so now I'm sat here with a notepad writing down different ideas and browsing quora for idea of what the worst thing to happen to people are ( some messed up shit out there 0.0 ).
I didn't check what most theories about her drinking are but i'am pretty sure they involve sexual harassment or something worse.

I would say don't second guess your decision and don't overthink it, if it was supposed to be a small part keep it a small part, to me it isn't a big deal as long as you keep pushing the "redemption" arc, even if in the end is something not that bad you can say that everyone react different to certain situations, plus the husband not believing her made it worse, if it is something bad... well.. her drinking it's justified, first case people will move on in due time, second case people will want a tank and a target haha.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
I didn't check what most theories about her drinking are but i'am pretty sure they involve sexual harassment or something worse.

I would say don't second guess your decision and don't overthink it, if it was supposed to be a small part keep it a small part, to me it isn't a big deal as long as you keep pushing the "redemption" arc, even if in the end is something not that bad you can say that everyone react different to certain situations, plus the husband not believing her made it worse, if it is something bad... well.. her drinking it's justified, first case people will move on in due time, second case people will want a tank and a target haha.
Yeah it was rape which I orignally had but I ended up not liking the idea anyway. I've been talking to Ace this morning and I think we've come up with something better now :)

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
Yeah it was rape which I orignally had but I ended up not liking the idea anyway. I've been talking to Ace this morning and I think we've come up with something better now :)
Here is an "out there" idea.....Alien Abduction, she was on her way home, got abducted by Aliens, lost time, so her other half figured she went off with someone from the do they were attending for a quickie..... :alien::LOL:
I do like this story

Reactions: CellStudios

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Here is an "out there" idea.....Alien Abduction, she was on her way home, got abducted by Aliens, lost time, so her other half figured she went off with someone from the do they were attending for a quickie..... :alien::LOL:
I do like this story
I've always wanted to do something with Aliens but I'm not sure it would fit here, the game isn't really fantasy, could trow in some mental illness into the mix and it turns out she imagined the whole thing :p

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
I've always wanted to do something with Aliens but I'm not sure it would fit here, the game isn't really fantasy, could trow in some mental illness into the mix and it turns out she imagined the whole thing :p
Maybe just put it on the backburner until some time in the far future :ROFLMAO:

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
your original idea was rape... this alone shows me what kind of dev you are and what kind of writing and story you have in your head. thanks for being open about it, but this kind of style isnt something i enjoy and i wont ever support or follow a game and dev who shows a tendency to go in that kind of direction with his story. you actually thought rape was a good idea for your game when you started this project, big red flag for me. nothing personal and it may sound like im overreacting for most people but i was burned too many times by devs saying "my other game had X Y fetish but i promise, i swear!! my new game wont have those fetishes" only for them to add those fetishes later down the line.
Well...I mean rape wasn't going to be a fetish in the game, it wasn't going to show her getting raped nor was the mc going to rape anyone, if anything, me doing this shows how much I'm willing to change things so certain things don't happen, but I guess you do you.

Lockyn87

Oct 6, 2018
Will there be actual sex in the future no tags to suggest there will be? Pics look decent but don't want blue balls forever

sh1hin

Nov 25, 2018
what about she and coworker/boss was in situation that they are fuckin in her husband perspective but in reality they was doin somthing else .
thats explain lair thing too .
sry for broken eng

Reactions: CellStudios

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
what about she and coworker/boss was in situation that they are fuckin in her husband perspective but in reality they was doin somthing else .
sry for broken eng
What about she was the girl in the gangbang scene of Stephen King's It and now has trauma as she suddenly recalls what they did? LOL ;)

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
sry for broken eng
I've aleady rewrote the scene but I may have forgot it needs to happen at her husbands office :oops: guess I'll have to rewrite the end a little, lol.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I've aleady rewrote the scene but I may have forgot it needs to happen at her husbands office :oops: guess I'll have to rewrite the end a little, lol.
Just glad you decided not to go with the easy rape way :), I get that in a adult game with sex scenes rape may be the first thing that comes to mind for females having a trauma or trouble (while just killing some kid while driving under the influence will also do for an overall good person :p) and that showing it makes some sense as well as an extra sex scene. Thing is though besides since almost every dev thinks the same thing it does become lazy and overused, but also especially if one of the earliest or even first scene it does set a tone for your game that tends to scare of many of the players that like a more romantic game.

It is something that even in adults games should be used rarely, when you really want to use the shock value or when it is what your game is about or about its aftermath, instead of throwing it in almost every game just because it is adult and sex where it actually takes away from story value and makes it more predictable and can kill the games mood when more romantic oriented.

Last edited:

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Just glad you decided not to go with the easy rape way :), I get that in a adult game with sex scenes rape may be the first thing that comes to mind for females having a trauma or trouble (while just killing some kid while driving under the influence will also do for an overall good person :p) and that showing it makes some sense as well as an extra sex scene. Thing is though besides since almost every dev thinks the same thing it does become lazy and overused, but also especially if one of the earliest or even first scene it does set a tone for your game that tends to scare of many of the players that like a more romantic game.

It is something that even in adults games should be used rarely, when you really want to use the shock value or when it is what your game is about or about its aftermath, instead of throwing it in almost every game just because it is adult and sex where it actually takes away from story value and makes it more predictable and can kill the games mood when more romantic oriented.
Yeah I agree, hopfully what I've changed it to is a tad shocking :unsure: guess we'll have to wait and see, currently finshing off part 1 of episode 2 and then in part 2 of episode 2 we'll find out what really happened to her.

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah I agree, hopfully what I've changed it to is a tad shocking :unsure: guess we'll have to wait and see, currently finshing off part 1 of episode 2 and then in part 2 of episode 2 we'll find out what really happened to her.
You do know it does not even have to be shocking to the players, just believable it would be shocking to her. Talking in general here, I did get the feeling some Freddy Krueger might be around in this game. :p Another general though. just remember if always go with what is considered shocking for the genre, it will likely please the fans of the genre, but it is rarely surprising. Something many horror movies suffer from to the delight of many. :p

Reactions: JC07

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
You do know it does not even have to be shocking to the players, just believable it would be shocking to her. Talking in general here, I did get the feeling some Freddy Krueger might be around in this game. :p Another general though. just remember if always go with what is considered shocking for the genre, it will likely please the fans of the genre, but it is rarely surprising. Something many horror movies suffer from to the delight of many. :p
From a developer standpoint, I understand why you don't want the cause to be anything sexual. A possible LI having sex with someone besides the MC? For some, that is unforgivable.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
From a developer standpoint, I understand why you don't want the cause to be anything sexual. A possible LI having sex with someone besides the MC? For some, that is unforgivable.
Also from a story standpoint it becomes to predictable if everyone uses it as the reason or can see it coming beyond just the dislike. Sometimes that is not bad though if the genre is about that as with horror movies for example that rarely have originality either and originality is not always expected or appreciated by the fans of the genre.

The other thing is also a point to consider when as a dev you want to make a more romantic games where women should be Li's for MC, yeah a big part of that player base do not like to see sex scenes with those girls with others as MC. It can be done and there are examples of games where devs got away with it when chose non abusive assholes at least or only revealed them later as assholes, but you better be very careful about it and redeem the lady as a LI or make sure you do not taint her for those players if choose to show it and some players well they are very extreme about it.

For me the stronger the story is itself beyond just MC getting together with the Li's, the more I do not mind other scenes that much if they are done well and not another easy blackmail and the woman forgets she has a functioning brain immediately. :p

Reactions: JC07

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Just started this game, and think it is pretty good so far. Just curious, are these the only people? The "landlady", "housemate", and "landladies friend"? Or will there be, like, daughter(s) of the "landladies friend", neighbors, town girls, or anyone like that as well?

• Angry
Reactions: Nerttu

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Just started this game, and think it is pretty good so far. Just curious, are these the only people? The "landlady", "housemate", and "landladies friend"? Or will there be, like, daughter(s) of the "landladies friend", neighbors, town girls, or anyone like that as well?
Sorry to say, but aint that is kind of DUMB question ?????
How many games like this you have been seen, that have ONLY 4 people ?????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: LOL

Last edited:

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Sorry to say, but aint that is kind of DUMB question ?????
How many games like this you have been seen, that have ONLY 4 people ?????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: LOL
True. But you never know. Some Dev might do that sometime. You know, with it being in the middle of nowhere and all. Could be no neighbors for 10 miles or so. Could be a small town with mostly retired old people. And the "landladies friend" could have sons. A lot of could be's that could, but probably won't, happen. LoL

• Haha
Reactions: Nerttu
4.00 star(s) 38 Votes