4.00 star(s) 38 Votes

Cirilla1253

Mar 24, 2019
Personally speaking I'd give it a skip for now. I don't think there is enough content there to satisfy people and although Hazel(aunt)/Lisa(sister) seem to be really liked, there is some distain towards Grace and I'm hoping future releases will remedy that. We'll be trying to stick to a 2 month release shedule in 2024 so hopefully faster releases means more content and that content will hopefully mend bridges between certain characters.
Well, i do remember some people still hold that grudge from the scenes before the reworked version... Still, Grace is my favorite (in terms of character and hotness!)

SeryogaViper

Jun 16, 2017
x1.png

Hey all,
First off, I hope you're all having a great Christmas or holiday time, and I hope you're all getting some good rest. I've had a great day, spent the first half with the family, and am now back to the grind.
The Cabin - Episode 5
Episode 5 has somewhat been placed on hold for the last couple months. Simply because I was working on the Christmas special and was finding it hard to switch between three projects, something had to give, and since both the Christmas special and WTHI will be the ones paying the rent and heating bill over the next couple months, I had to let episode 5 slip a little.
But fear not, the christmas special is finished so my focus is back on episode 5 and below you'll find a release shedule for 2024 which we're going to try our best to keep up with.
2023!
As far as I'm concerned, 2023 was a shitshow for us. I think it took over a year to get the rewrite done, which should have only taken 4 months, or 5 maximum. It should have taken us no more than a month to get Emi done; I think that took us around 4 months too. It was nobody's fault why it took as long as it did; just shit kept popping up on my side, and then something would come up on Wiz's side, and we could never seem to get in sync to get shit flowing smoothly.
The Future of CellStudios and 2024!
Going into 2024, you'll be noticing a lot of changes around here. The first change will be to minigames. If we do work on any in 2024, then I want to make sure that Wiz has all the writing 100% done before I look at it. Once he's done that, I'll only work on the art in my spare time and won't let it interfere with working on the cabin. The second change will be to the release schedule of the cabin, or rather, the lack of one. I want to stick to a 2-month release schedule for the cabin going into 2024, which means, if all goes well, we'll have five releases coming out in 2024.
The Cabin Release Shedule:
As I said above, the cabin took a little pause over the last couple months, so episode 5 isn't too close to being released. I felt like I was close at one point, but I grossly underestimated how big the release was. I'm not going to give too much away, but there is sexy time with two characters in episode 5 and something somewhat sexy with a third. That being said, below is the release schedule for the cabin that we hope to stick to:
  • January 2024 - Episode 5 Release
  • March/May 2024 - Episode 6 Release
  • July/August 2024 - Episode 7 Release
  • October/November 2024 - Episode 8 Release
  • December/Jan 2024/25 - Episode 9 Release
That's just a rough schedule for now, and it all depends on the size of the release, but I do plan on making each episode a little shorter than usual just to make sure we can release as much as we can.
Patreon Paused!
You'll also notice that payments for January have been paused, and they won't be turned back on until episode 5 is released. I only plan on pausing payments if we go past the schedule above (so if we get to the end of May and episode 6 still isn't released, then payments will be paused until it is).

Frankbob

Dec 25, 2021
Not sure where the devs got the idea that people care about Halloween and Christmas specals? Good god! Its been almost 6 months. Let alone the year wait for the rewrite.
Sure hope things go better in 2024, but 2023 was a master class on how to not get supporters.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Not sure where the devs got the idea that people care about Halloween and Christmas specals? Good god! Its been almost 6 months. Let alone the year wait for the rewrite.
Sure hope things go better in 2024, but 2023 was a master class on how to not get supporters.
I got the idea about the christmas special from me wanting to do one and I'll always work on what I want no matter what people say. 2023 was a shitshow, I put 70% of that on the rewrite, 30% on my own laziness. 2024 will be different, even if it means I have to do some writing too.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I can never understand why some people are so rude to devs
They don't owe us anything.

It's no wonder so many devs abandon their games or leave the site.

Anyway, I just wanted to say good luck with the game Cell
Its already a great VN and I think it will get even better.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020

Unfortunately there will always be people that feel entitled to have what they're not owed.....

I mean, even if you're pledging on their Patreon they don't owe you anything, you're "just" supporting their development.

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021

It's still a pirate site where they advertise, so it's weird to expect a nice and kind attitude from everyone. If devs are so soft that they're dropping a game because of bad comments, then the problem is more likely to be the themselves. They would have quit anyway, but a little later, having found another reason.
Any comments are just information for the dev. If a person writes here, he cares about the game. Bad comments can steer a developer in the right direction, they'll make fixes and start gaining subscribers. What if everyone writes only good comments? The developer may thinks his game is great, it's just that people are so greedy they don't subscribe and end up dev abandon it.

Either an example with Christmas additions. Let's say a developer really wants to make one, but sees that people don't take it well. At least he is ready for the criticism that will follow.( If he really wants to make an add-on, let him do it).
Unfortunately there will always be people that feel entitled to have what they're not owed.....

I mean, even if you're pledging on their Patreon they don't owe you anything, you're "just" supporting their development.
In any case, if you want to succeed, you have to know what the target audience wants, what they lack in other games, so that you can stand out.
And yes, you have to match that with what you've come up with for the game and there has to be a balance so that you don't burn out doing only what others want. Yes, it's not easy, but... when has it ever been easy to create a product in a highly competitive environment?:)

Reactions: brownishcleveland

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
It's still a pirate site where they advertise
Devs don't "advertise" here... our work get's stolen, big difference.

But personally, I don't mind it to much. I'd rather it get leaked much later than it does so patrons get their moneys worth but I've come to accept it's a part of the job. I've seen some devs putting an end to it, giving each patron a watermarked version of their game and when it leaks they ban then but I don't think I'll ever take it that far.

MrTrue

Dec 2, 2021
I thought new developers write to moderators who create a thread for them with game info, support sites and so on.
Some do. There is a good mix of devs who actively use this site as advertisement, some that just use it for the feedback, and some that just outright try to fight it and live miserable lives.
Few of the devs even use this as their main site and offer timely free releases so their work for paying customers does not get leaked instantly unless its a wildly popular game.

Just as there are threads here that leak the game instantly, some that leak it after a few days or even weeks, and some that respect the dev and put it up when it goes free.

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
Some do. There is a good mix of devs who actively use this site as advertisement, some that just use it for the feedback, and some that just outright try to fight it and live miserable lives.
Few of the devs even use this as their main site and offer timely free releases so their work for paying customers does not get leaked instantly unless its a wildly popular game.

Just as there are threads here that leak the game instantly, some that leak it after a few days or even weeks, and some that respect the dev and put it up when it goes free.
Regarding the leaks. I know what you mean, but imagine if they didn't exist at all. If all people only bought games, only the most successful and coolest would survive. Because people have a limited amount of money they're willing to spend on games. And they would spend 10$ on a being a dik with 5000 renders and 100+ animations than on a game of a newcomer, who gave out 1000 renders in a year for example.

Reactions: MrTrue

MrTrue

Dec 2, 2021
Regarding the leaks. I know what you mean, but imagine if they didn't exist at all. If all people only bought games, only the most successful and coolest would survive. Because people have a limited amount of money they're willing to spend on games. And they would spend 10$ on a being a dik with 5000 renders and 100+ animations than on a game of a newcomer, who gave out 1000 renders in a year for example.
I wholeheartedly agree.
Think alot of games would not even see the light of day unless its put up on sites like this.
There are so many low effort cash grab games out there that just get outed and destroyed cause of sites like this and the good ones can be vetted and pushed through.
Don't think alot of devs realise how many subscribers that come through this site anyway or use it even though they support their product cause this site only gets chalked up to being "pirate haven".

Lot's of devs just decides to make this community their enemy even though massive amounts of good criticism comes through here they just assume everyone on here pirated their game and is not a supporter.

But let's leave it at that so we don't derail this thread with off-topic discussions :coffee: .

Reactions: wizardcock

Frankbob

Dec 25, 2021

You are right about it being a good VN, thats problem his supporters care more about the project than he seems to.
Which is evident by him apolizing and wanting to do better in 2024.

Ya no one is entitled to shit, that includes devs. I would think that investing all the time and energy making a VN and going thru with all that, the ultimate goal is to make money and be sucessfull right? I Like it when good projects and stories are sucessfull. Its just a shame to see potential wasted.

Devs don't "advertise" here... our work get's stolen, big difference.

But personally, I don't mind it to much. I'd rather it get leaked much later than it does so patrons get their moneys worth but I've come to accept it's a part of the job. I've seen some devs putting an end to it, giving each patron a watermarked version of their game and when it leaks they ban then but I don't think I'll ever take it that far.

Supporting around 10 projects right now that were all found on this site. Would like to add yours to the list someday.
Patreons getting thier moneys worth is kinda important, you are right 100%

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I got the idea about the christmas special from me wanting to do one and I'll always work on what I want no matter what people say. 2023 was a shitshow, I put 70% of that on the rewrite, 30% on my own laziness. 2024 will be different, even if it means I have to do some writing too.
Wait, so is this special the Emi one?

As in this?

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Wait, so is this special the Emi one?

As in this?

Yeah, that's the "special" which I kinda regret making, was supposed to be released on christmas day on steam but been waiting for 9 days now and steam still hasn't approved the build.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Supporting around 10 projects right now that were all found on this site. Would like to add yours to the list someday.
Patreons getting thier moneys worth is kinda important, you are right 100%
I agree but I also shouldn't down play the importance of f95. I rip a lot of games myself and only pay to those that end up being good which is about 2% of all games I've played so f95 is a good thing as without it you'd have to pay for the game before playing it and it could turn out to be a load of shite.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
I agree but I also shouldn't down play the importance of f95. I rip a lot of games myself and only pay to those that end up being good which is about 2% of all games I've played so f95 is a good thing as without it you'd have to pay for the game before playing it and it could turn out to be a load of shite.
Are you going to buy Cheeky's game? Tell the truth now. :devilish: :ROFLMAO:

4.00 star(s) 38 Votes