VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Changing Season [Ch.5] [Storyteller97]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
In my opinion, DPC may be the most overrated developer out there. AL was great until he ruined it and BaD is funny like Revenge of the Nerds 4 or if they made an Animal House 2 after John Belushi died and they got Jim Belushi to replace him (and maybe got an actual flounder to play Flounder, no wait that would be funnier.) I had to stop playing BaD as I found all the characters unlikable including MC.
This sounds like you don't like the theme and characters for BaD, which is fine, but doesn't really add to whether DPC's skills as a developer are overrated or not. When it comes to straight game design for visual novels, I think BaD might be one of the most impressive options out there at this time. Even the mobile apps like Rooster and Swyper have more thought put into their design than most full VNs these days.

D

Deleted member 451676

hi mate Storyteller97 Your game renders looks good and story is not bad to. But I'm here to suggest you someting. As far you already know in internet we have soo much adult game. And this games already has decent story and good renders. In that much game if you want be one of that amazing games you need animated sex scenes. For example Milfy City, Timestamps, City of Broken Dreamers or Being a Dick and any other amazing games. All this games has animated sex scenes, good looking and detailed renders and decent or realy good story aswell. I'm telling you this because your game looks like has that potencial. I hope you will consider that idea. And I'm wishing you luck. Have a nice day.
Animation does not a good game make.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
This was good enjoyed that quite a bit the way we can flirt with Jane and see how that goes makes me wonder if that will go any further if that's the case probably not looking good for the Dad. Interesting choice in MC that sure is different from the same generic MC we get in most games so it's a nice change.
I will give this a try, but it is disturbing that he mentions DrPinkCakes as a role model.
Hardly the worst role model sure DPC has done some questionable things but he does make a pretty decent story well up until a certain point anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: botc76 and MLBnoob

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
This sounds like you don't like the theme and characters for BaD, which is fine, but doesn't really add to whether DPC's skills as a developer are overrated or not. When it comes to straight game design for visual novels, I think BaD might be one of the most impressive options out there at this time. Even the mobile apps like Rooster and Swyper have more thought put into their design than most full VNs these days.
There are many games that are just awful in every way, I don't comment on them because there is no point. My disappointment with DPC is that he has the skills to do something absolutely amazing, but he doesn't. AL had a deeply flawed story line but what made it great was the relationship among the lead characters, so he killed one of those characters leaving the flawed story line (which just got worse as the story moved on.) In BaD almost every character is in a relationship and not one single character is faithful to that relationship. Add pointless mini games, juvenile humor.... I could go on, but this is another game's discussion. If S97 wants to admire DPC's rendering ability, okay. I just hope that S97 can tell a better story from start to finish.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I enjoyed the first release, renders are good, the story as well, apart from some bugs that were already mentioned I think this has a great potential.

There is one thing though that I don't get. We have the option to be not so nice with the girls, which is given by the situation, Mc lost his mother very recently whom he seemed to love very much and yet his father seems already moving on, moving in with someone in the other end of the country, after 6 months that his wife died, already seems fishy, which is reflected upon, while the narrative never mentioned that they had problems in the marriage. So in this situation it's understandable if the main character doesn't like the new environment he was put in, we do have choices about it as well, yet in the default dialogues he's acting all goody-two shoes about it. That's all right if we choose that way with our options, but the opposite choices aren't reflected at all, conversations go the same way regardless, and we get the narration about our relationship improving with them. On the other hand, if we go for the instant flirty route, the events like kissing Jane are instantly mentioned and has added dialogues, while the other route options is just being ignored mostly. I get that this is most likely so that the plot could be propelled in a certain way, but then having choices about how we handle this new situation seems pointless, since if we're acting unaccepting towards to the whole thing, it's just rolls as if we didn't. It's the same issue I have with Doors right now, since this makes the story incohesive, and nullifies the impact of our choices, since they are only the "do" or "do not do" types at the end.

St97

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
I enjoyed the first release, renders are good, the story as well, apart from some bugs that were already mentioned I think this has a great potential
Thanks dude, I read your post. If I understand you correctly, you want more dialogue and thought options for when the relationships are not going as well. That can be implemented for sure. As for the default dialogue, well, handling of one's grief is subjective. I can't really give anything away at the moment, but stick around, and the story will flesh out into something more of your liking. Cheers

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Thanks dude, I read your post. If I understand you correctly, you want more dialogue and thought options for when the relationships are not going as well. That can be implemented for sure. As for the default dialogue, well, handling of one's grief is subjective. I can't really give anything away at the moment, but stick around, and the story will flesh out into something more of your liking. Cheers
Something like that yeah. We make a choice of warming up towards to them, we get a few extra line because of that, but when we're acting cold, the flow is the same just without the extra line. Like when we're rejecting the hug, and then the dialogue regardless of that goes into the butter up towards them way. We decide not to help out, just watch TV, dialogue is still the same and our relationship gets better. If we're choosing to sort of ignore them, the lines doesn't reflect upon that, unlike when we're much open to this whole situation. The only instance where I haven't checked out what would be different is when they have sex, I interrupted them on both routes, because fuck them, if I don't have sexy time, no one else should have. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: mrmcfappen

St97

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
i agree with another comment...MC should be a bit taller...
Don’t worry, brother. The MC will be at the same height or taller than the majority of the women in this game. It just so happens that Jane and Lana are two naturally tall sisters.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I was looking forward to an update, but half a sunday of story continuation isn't enough to sink my teeth in.
I think I'll wait for the ultimate edition for chapter 1. ;)

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes