RPGM The Chant of Dead [v1.9.3B Patreon] [FariseoStudio]

1.80 star(s) 12 Votes

Jan 10, 2018
If 0.8 is the latest update then yes I did play the latest version.
8B is the latest, but I don't know if there's a way to distinguish between them... Hm.

I'm trying to think of some other way that you could have triggered a game over, but I'm drawing a blank. An autorunning event seems like it could be the only possible culprit to my mind, but I can't think of any reason why one would have tripped for you but not me - nothing you've done before the cave should matter in there, so far as I can tell. Though I didn't exactly look too closely, either.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
8B is the latest, but I don't know if there's a way to distinguish between them... Hm.

I'm trying to think of some other way that you could have triggered a game over, but I'm drawing a blank. An autorunning event seems like it could be the only possible culprit to my mind, but I can't think of any reason why one would have tripped for you but not me - nothing you've done before the cave should matter in there, so far as I can tell. Though I didn't exactly look too closely, either.
You went to the Orcs cave with v0.8 or v0.78? I had the same bug (game over) with 0.8 and had to load my save to the v0.78 for proceeding.

Jan 10, 2018
You went to the Orcs cave with v0.8 or v0.78? I had the same bug (game over) with 0.8 and had to load my save to the v0.78 for proceeding.

0.8B for me, but in my case the bug I seem to have is that a flag isn't properly set after Hollie dies, breaking the following events. So far as I can tell, at least.

If that game over bug is in 0.8 and appears fixed in 0.8B, though, my guess would be that that's most likely Seraph's issue.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
0.8B for me, but in my case the bug I seem to have is that a flag isn't properly set after Hollie dies, breaking the following events. So far as I can tell, at least.

If that game over bug is in 0.8 and appears fixed in 0.8B, though, my guess would be that that's most likely Seraph's issue.
0.8 and 0.8B are the same. Seems lie a new bug.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Er, wait, if 0.8 is 0.8B, then why don't I get a game over after the kidnapping like everyone else does?
I suspect that is related with the MC being corrupted or with completing the luxury Inn event. One of those must trigger the bug.

edit: the orcs are picky and kill the sluts.:LOL:

Jan 10, 2018
I suspect that is related with the MC being corrupted or with completing the luxury Inn event. One of those must trigger the bug.

edit: the orcs are picky and kill the sluts.:LOL:
Ah, wait... The nice inn quest involves a time limit, right? I never did it myself, but I've heard people complain that they didn't have enough time to get out?

If so, then it could be an issue with the timer for that not being properly cleared - the orc cave has an active event that gives you a game over if the timer has zero seconds left on it. That would explain why a map that seemingly has no triggers related to previous content would still vary from person to person.

I don't think corruption could be the issue, though, unless we're talking really high corruption - my own is 120, somehow, despite not actually doing anything. Well, not counting the dancing, but it was still high before that.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Ah, wait... The nice inn quest involves a time limit, right? I never did it myself, but I've heard people complain that they didn't have enough time to get out?

If so, then it could be an issue with the timer for that not being properly cleared - the orc cave has an active event that gives you a game over if the timer has zero seconds left on it. That would explain why a map that seemingly has no triggers related to previous content would still vary from person to person.

I don't think corruption could be the issue, though, unless we're talking really high corruption - my own is 120, somehow, despite not actually doing anything. Well, not counting the dancing, but it was still high before that.
Yes. To complete the inn quest the MC must grab a chair in the room (cannot fight or escape)...

I suspect the Inn or the corruption, because in the Orc cave the MC mentions that the other girl was a virgin and did not want to work in the Inn.

Jan 10, 2018
Yep! Just tested it - by setting a fifteen second timer on the main camp map, letting it expire, then getting kidnapped again, it triggers a game over after the map transition, just like Seraph reported. Looking at the code for the inn quest, I can't quite tell what's going on there, but I suspect that the issue is either that the stop command is never getting hit at all, or that the added wait time is enough to cause the timer to hit zero and the value is still being saved to be read later.

If the timer event is deleted from the orc cave map, that should solve the problem people are experiencing. At the cost of never hitting a game over if a timer there hits zero, but is that really a problem compared to this?

I suspect the Inn or the corruption, because in the Orc cave the MC mentions that the other girl was a virgin and did not want to work in the Inn.
Ah, no, there are no variable or flag checks at all in the relevant events. That's just flavor and coincidence.

Reactions: pk2000

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Yep! Just tested it - by setting a fifteen second timer on the main camp map, letting it expire, then getting kidnapped again, it triggers a game over after the map transition, just like Seraph reported. Looking at the code for the inn quest, I can't quite tell what's going on there, but I suspect that the issue is either that the stop command is never getting hit at all, or that the added wait time is enough to cause the timer to hit zero and the value is still being saved to be read later.

If the timer event is deleted from the orc cave map, that should solve the problem people are experiencing. At the cost of never hitting a game over if a timer there hits zero, but is that really a problem compared to this?

Ah, no, there are no variable or flag checks at all in the relevant events. That's just flavor and coincidence.
Then for v0.8 gamers should avoid completing the Inn quest before entering the Org cave. I wonder if the opposite is also true (completing the Orc Cave trigers a game Over at the Inn event).

Jan 10, 2018
Here's a quick edited file for people who are suffering from this bug - just use it to replace the map in the data folder, and everything should be fine. At least with regards to this particular bug.

Then for v0.8 gamers should avoid completing the Inn quest before entering the Org cave. I wonder if the opposite is also true (completing the Orc Cave trigers a game Over at the Inn event).
I don't think so... The Inn quest appeared coded somewhat differently. Also, while I didn't look, if the stop timer function in the orc cave was coded properly, it should stop the timer with some time left on it, unlike what seems to be the case with the Inn timer.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, the issue I was experiencing with things not progressing properly after Hollie's death seems to have been resolved as well. I have absolutely no idea why; I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything different compared to yesterday. Ah, well, at least I can continue with the game, I guess?...

EDIT2: So, I thought I'd do things properly and use a tweak that didn't break anything - create a new timer on the event that gets you kidnapped, and immediately stop it. Depending on your own preferences, either replace Map025 to delete the game over timer from the cave, or Map026 to fix the earlier problem cleanly.

lilliaa

Sep 5, 2018
Looking through the common events earlier, I think you have to look at the glory hole (to first notice it), take a bath in the tent (to think about it), talk to the girls (to warn them they're being watched, and be told that they already know), then take a bath again (to put on a show for the guys to show them you're interested).

I never did it myself, though, so if there's any other steps, I don't know them.
that's exactly what i'm saying. i CAN'T get it.
I look at the hole, sleep, tell them about it, that night the purple girl get fuck, i wake up the morning, have a 5/10 sec freeze (that's probably WHY nothing work) and THAT'S ALL. nothing else happen whatever i do to change that.

Jan 10, 2018
that's exactly what i'm saying. i CAN'T get it.
I look at the hole, sleep, tell them about it, that night the purple girl get fuck, i wake up the morning, have a 5/10 sec freeze (that's probably WHY nothing work) and THAT'S ALL. nothing else happen whatever i do to change that.
Oh, looking at the actual event code in the inn instead of just the common events... It seems I was quite mistaken in how it works. Though given how simple it is, I'm not really certain what could be wrong.

First, you have to find the glory hole, which sets the glory hole variable to one, which you've done; then, every night you stay at the inn after finding it, it adds another point to the glory hole variable. No other actions matter - you don't have to tell your roommates about the glory hole, nor do you have to put on a show for them (though the dialogue assumes you did, even if you never even realized you could wash in there at all). Just sleeping at the inn each day advances the counter.

Incidentally, the variable is advanced when you pay the innkeeper, so your freezing shouldn't matter. Theoretically speaking, you could just walk out of the room again and pay her again, until you get to the night you want.

When you go to sleep on the fourth night, you'll be raped by one of the guys next door, an event which also sets the 2th visit variable; you have to sleep at the inn again to advance the variable one more time, then you can speak to the man who entered your room in order to arrange for another visit, or to simply sleep with him on the spot.

There's no event on the third day, but otherwise... It's pretty basic. So long as you're talking to the innkeeper, and don't skip sleep on the fourth day, everything should be advanced by what I can see in the code.

lilliaa

Sep 5, 2018
well... since i sleep every night in that inn i don't see how i could have missed something, but i'll try a new game just to be sure.

Jan 10, 2018
well... since i sleep every night in that inn i don't see how i could have missed something, but i'll try a new game just to be sure.
I really don't see how you could have either, but I don't notice any mistakes in their code, nor anything that could be plausibly be interfering with the event firing... If there's a bug here, it's a strange one.

Especially since you only saw the event with your roommate having sex once - if the variable isn't advancing, you should be seeing that every night. If it is advancing, though, you should see the next event two nights after that. For that not to happen, either you would have to have somehow advanced the variable by six points, or both the author and I would have had to have fundamentally misunderstood how If functions work in the event code. ...The game is still reminding you to eat when your health falls below 150 after staying there, right?

666bbb666

May 21, 2018
how to fight to zombies now? he kicked hero ass and not start battle...

and how to fix out grid on game screen?

D

Deleted member 992182

Character is hot and the game is mostly fine but a few suggestions:

1. Fix the opening 20 minutes by doing one thing: Remove some zombies. MY GOODNESS is it bad. To get past it up until you can use a weapon is a game of saving and loading after every random, lucky success.
It's not "hard" or "realistic", it's bad and not fun. Fix that.

2. The game runs pretty bad. On a 4 core (8 thread) i7 with 16gb RAM and a 1080 gpu, it often becomes a slide show. Why?
The amount of zombies and the amount of fog. Remove some zombies and decrease the fog. If the fog is an all-or-none deal, remove all of it. Trust me.

3. This is a nitpick and not as essential as 1&2 but she shouldn't enjoy being raped/blackmailed/etc. Even in the beginning you can end up in the house and if forced she claims to begin enjoying it a bit (outside of tricking him). That's so far out there that it doesn't feel serious when this happens in any of those cases. Enjoy consensual sex (!) but the cliche trope of "no...no...stop...st....ohhh it feels so good" is retarded. She's having her virginity taken by a psycho with a horse cock (lol). She isn't having fun.

1 & 2 shouldn't be up for debate, btw. Do them.

Reactions: ray3dave and indyc

seraphiel722

Jul 5, 2017
Here's a quick edited file for people who are suffering from this bug - just use it to replace the map in the data folder, and everything should be fine. At least with regards to this particular bug.

I don't think so... The Inn quest appeared coded somewhat differently. Also, while I didn't look, if the stop timer function in the orc cave was coded properly, it should stop the timer with some time left on it, unlike what seems to be the case with the Inn timer.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, the issue I was experiencing with things not progressing properly after Hollie's death seems to have been resolved as well. I have absolutely no idea why; I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything different compared to yesterday. Ah, well, at least I can continue with the game, I guess?...

EDIT2: So, I thought I'd do things properly and use a tweak that didn't break anything - create a new timer on the event that gets you kidnapped, and immediately stop it. Depending on your own preferences, either replace Map025 to delete the game over timer from the cave, or Map026 to fix the earlier problem cleanly.
Thank you so much for going through the big effort, good sir. I'll try these fixes when i get the chance soon.

Jan 10, 2018
Thank you so much for going through the big effort, good sir. I'll try these fixes when i get the chance soon.
Do let me know if it works :) . I ~think~ that was the issue after looking at the code, but for all I know, it wasn't actually related to the inn quest at all, you know? I could just as easily gotten a bit too carried away by reading a suggestion and seeing a timer - I never did get around to doing the inn quest myself, as I was a bit too skeeved out by the innkeeper.

(Oh, and it should be ma'am, by the way :) )

Reactions: seraphiel722

SaruSubery

Nov 10, 2017
The latest version is said to have mc return to her villa one again, but I cant even enter mc village after orcs allied with humans and I talked to all Npcs (Hollie, Candy, the fortune teller, the equipment shop keeper) and received all their gifts. She is still "not going back to that hell". Maybe its because its the save from the previous version after I talked to the commander about going back to mc village, and the game is stuck at an end stage where there is no progress left

1.80 star(s) 12 Votes