RPGM Abandoned The Coceter Chronicles [v0.15 Beta1] [Nverjos]

4.80 star(s) 38 Votes

fructose

Jul 30, 2018
I assume people are just being impatient? There's no real reason to suspect the game has been abandoned at this point, right? I really hope not anyway.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Don't worry, the troll strikes again.
That's not trolling. This is the current situtation, don't know what concerns about the facts have to do with trolling. And definately not from a 20$ beta tester ... There is nothing mentioned about abandoning, etc.. So better keep your unfounded accusations about me as a troll by yourself. Thanks.

That's true. On the other hand, the last post from 19th of june said something about the 0.15 beta release in a few days. Now six weeks have passed and no word from the dev. The death in the family was weeks ago before the 19th of june. Although the dev had his/her "silent times" between releases, this one concerns me and I have a bad feeling about this, just imho.
Addendum: Not to mention I am on fuckin Tabi prohibition, ffs!

Reactions: Forix and gahgahz

Forix

Apr 21, 2017
Don't worry, the troll strikes again.
Stating facts is not trolling. You might disagree with conclusion, but it's not trolling when the intention is done to inform people
Fact : "The dev didn't update in over 43 days" --> Not trolling.
Fact : "The dev once already disappeared from the map for over 50 days" --> fact, again not trolling.

Sure this time he/she has personal reasons, like last time. Not stating he/she should be post albeit those reasons. Just saying it's part of his/her habits to vanish and then re-appear.

Reactions: gahgahz

logrent

Aug 7, 2017
A quick question, and maybe alredy answered, but I have the v.15 beta 1 update, but I'm stuck with the aurora quest when I have to meet her in her house tonight. I can't see this event, even after the awakening etc...

When I sleep at her house when you retur into twn, she is not her. Only an event with the father.

It that a bug and I have to replay ? And what set this bug because I don't want to trigger it again.

Thanks!

freca

Jun 15, 2017
Wasn't there a long lag time between releases before?
We should not assume Nverjos works on a strict month to month update.
This such a good game I'm just trying to be optimistic.
Recently, before this elongated absence? No. Nverjos was releasing timely, monthly updates for a good 6 months or so (the period in which I was a $20+ patron). When a dev falls off the map and goes two months without releasing content but still charges their Patrons; that is when I cancel my patronage. When and if Nverjos comes back, I will gladly re-up.

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
I feel like Nverjos has been fairly irregular over the lifetime of the project. Spurts of nearly monthly updates interspersed with periods of a couple/few months of nothing (last time being near the end of last year, can't remember exactly when, I want to say around October-ish it started). So I personally am not thinking abandoned, it's kind of par for the course. Of course it being one of, if not my favorite game on F95 I would love consistent updates all the time. I can understand why active supporters on Patreon might be irritated however.

Reactions: gahgahz and Forix

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
First of all I don't care if you are a patreon of what ever level or not, (I am backing and a beta tester (20/month) myself) In november Nverjos lost a job that was providing housing for the daughter and him/her (will use her that's my thoughts on gender) and then was back in january with explanations that worked with the facts. then suddenly 6 months later after regular updates, she suffers the loss of her father. I challenge anyone to deal with the loss of a loved one like this and make great content that keeps people satisfied when you are depressed as hell. This game is not abandoned, and it is time to realize that she has emotions and they may be overwhelming her.

If you are a backer and wish to drop your money that is fine as that is your choice, but stop trying to call this abandoned. you can speak about facts all you want the moment that you say "it looks like" you have left the idea of facts to theory and that is what we are talking about. If you think you are the one being talked about in this perhaps you have feelings of guilt over what you've said. If this goes on for 6 months or maybe 5 months sure it's definitely something to be thought about for the time being but you never know how much this affects someone.

If you notice Nverjos' father is a very big part of her life, helping her learn about her love of DnD and supported her through thick and thin before, and even though recently failing health caused problems after the loved one dies the one remaining starts thinking what could have been done better or different. I've been there and I know how it feels when someone dies close to you even when you know it's going to happen. you think you'll be strong and then you find out you aren't strong enough after a bit of time. IT is a rough time trust me you do NOT want to go through it.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Everyone deals with loss and it takes time to get yourself back to even a fraction of normal.
Nverjos had a parent die and that's hard to bounce back from. You may be able to go through the motions but to have the mental clarity to be creative, that's a different story.
If she (I to believe she's a she) would ever abandon this game it seems from her past forthrightness her Patrons would be informed.
I hope her Patrons would give her their sympathy for her loss, it certainly seems most of us pirates have. I don't mind giving her time to grieve and then hopefully create.

I'm pissed at Patreon for making Nverjos compromise her game, that and I wanted to see Tabi get fucked by a centaur (or two) (possibly at the same time).

Reactions: amaleigh

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
can understand everything about loss but both ditches for months should have more communication with the people who are financially supporting her work more than has been done.
Well I guess you have never suffered the loss of a close loved one like this. I lost a child and it wasn't until months later I actually broke down and couldn't work. It was hell being on cruise and it hit me like a bunch of lead bricks. I didn't have what you would call a comfort, the rest of that short cruise I was a zombie, barely doing anything but what I needed to do just to keep from getting in trouble. didn't talk much didn't do much at all. It hits everyone in different ways and depression that sets in from something like this can be problematic, my depression still hits from time to time from another issue, and I think I need to let someone know I didn't do something, and I just don't do it because I distracted myself and forgot to do it, this further compounds things because now I have to make it sound like an excuse etc. so try to understand that we don't have a window into Nverjos' feelings and happenings, but we do have the ability to stop making demands till Nverjos is better enough to communicate.

That being said, nothing is saying don't remove your funding if you want to but only don't make it a requirement that they communicate to you and tell you everything or even something that isn't really true. If you donate, by all means you can control that, and stop making it sound so doom and gloom for this project. GRRR

gahgahz

Jul 4, 2017
Well I guess you have never suffered the loss of a close loved one like this. I lost a child and it wasn't until months later I actually broke down and couldn't work. It was hell being on cruise and it hit me like a bunch of lead bricks. I didn't have what you would call a comfort, the rest of that short cruise I was a zombie, barely doing anything but what I needed to do just to keep from getting in trouble. didn't talk much didn't do much at all. It hits everyone in different ways and depression that sets in from something like this can be problematic, my depression still hits from time to time from another issue, and I think I need to let someone know I didn't do something, and I just don't do it because I distracted myself and forgot to do it, this further compounds things because now I have to make it sound like an excuse etc. so try to understand that we don't have a window into Nverjos' feelings and happenings, but we do have the ability to stop making demands till Nverjos is better enough to communicate.

That being said, nothing is saying don't remove your funding if you want to but only don't make it a requirement that they communicate to you and tell you everything or even something that isn't really true. If you donate, by all means you can control that, and stop making it sound so doom and gloom for this project. GRRR
you dont need to tell me all that mate im just a pleb on a forum stating my opinion. im not going to go into depths of losses in my family life but i know the feeling and it effects people differently. definitely going to be worse if you try to ignore something and keep on plodding away day by day it will end up hitting you like a truck. hoping for a speedy recovery and/or brief communication.

TheFonze

Aug 3, 2018
There are at least dozen games I really enjoy in this area and half of those have a lot of content. This is my favorite! Fantasy games and movies are my first of choice. Really well written, with great characters, models and animations. So much to enjoy.

Sadly, I don't know how anyone could remain true to Lily (is it even possible?) with all of the amazing characters you can interact with. Though, it's pretty easy to have favorites. This is one series you never want to end.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
If your foremost concern when a developer loses someone is that your fapping material isn't being created fast enough, then please at least have the decency do it quietly when you delete your pledge/stop watching the thread/etc.

Trust me, no one is going to try to stop you.

freca

Jun 15, 2017
I think everyone needs to take a chill pill. There's no reason to be so vehement. Its just a freaking video game. Nverjos' loyal supporters will come back when she's back at work (myself included as I have suspended my patronage while she takes the necessary time for herself). All will be well soon enough. Patience is a virtue.

4.80 star(s) 38 Votes