RPGM Abandoned The Coceter Chronicles [v0.15 Beta1] [Nverjos]

4.80 star(s) 38 Votes

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Why not? It force player to do stuff like all mentioned games. Wanna ID? Go whore Tabi to earn money. Or use save editor to add some cash. Rape scene near lake? I'd edited game in rpgmaker to delete and exclude that scene from game to be able to continue with gameplay. Why? Because game don't offer option to avoid that shit. So yeah, this game is very similar to those games mentioned above.
Not at all. Unlike those, here are several situations you can avoid like blackmail or rape and the story develops with no consequences. You're pointed in only two scenes for IDK how many you have choices. That's the difference.

Sep 1, 2017
If anyone is having trouble getting the $40 for Ditch to avoid giving him a blowjob.

Head to Glamour Shots right after leaving Titty City.
Talk to Aurora's brother and he'll give $20 for free.
Work at Glamour Shots by talking to the other person in the room. He'll give you $20 a few harmless photos.

You now have $40 dollars and have unlocked the option to pay half of the ID price. Crisis averted.

It might be a bug, but Ditch doesn't actually take that $40. And when you return the next day to pay the rest, he tells you to keep your money.

When Tabitha is looking for her belongings you can avoid doing anything sexual with Steve by choosing the threaten option and then the assault option. You need a fitness score of at least 7 to overpower him.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
TFW people complain about having to have sex in a sex game. Yikes
Yeah, that was it. Not about rape or forced situations or dick when playing a lesbian ... no, just the sex.

There is a story with choices while the actions within that story don't reflect the choices made, that was my problem.

Reactions: Kendra
Aug 3, 2017
I will say it is weird that the forced blowjob scene is still in the game when you can avoid everything else aside from a grope or two. There used to be a forced rape as well (the roofy scene) but he made that optional.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
That's it.

Almost everything is done incredibly well it was just a handful of things that let it down for me.

I see where @UncleVT is coming from, I did misrepresent the game and indulged in a bit of hyperbole. It isn't as bad as the games I mentioned it was just things that felt out of place and ruined it for me personally. Aside from those moments the rest is great.

The only "confusing" part is the romance arcs. I don't know if it's supposed to lead to a proper romance or it's just a sex thing. It starts off as a romance thing with Tabi and Lily then Tabi and Courtney and while i'd love for the Tabi/Courtney thing to carry on it seems to get muddied at certain points and it's all about the sex. I can't tell if i'm looking for a romantic partner or if it's just something to pass the time between bouts of fucking anything else that moves.

Reactions: UncleVT

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
The only "confusing" part is the romance arcs. I don't know if it's supposed to lead to a proper romance or it's just a sex thing. It starts off as a romance thing with Tabi and Lily then Tabi and Courtney and while i'd love for the Tabi/Courtney thing to carry on it seems to get muddied at certain points and it's all about the sex. I can't tell if i'm looking for a romantic partner or if it's just something to pass the time between bouts of fucking anything else that moves.
I think (and is speculation, 'll see how the story continues) is cos one of the attributes of the Tainteds is the lust. So Tabi'll usually look for intercourses with other people because of her partial tainted nature.
IDK if she'll develop a romantic side, but she already shows to have a good heart.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
I think (and is speculation, 'll see how the story continues) is cos one of the attributes of the Tainteds is the lust. So Tabi'll usually look for intercourses with other people because of her partial tainted nature.
IDK if she'll develop a romantic side, but she already shows to have a good heart.
That's similar to how I read it...her tainted nature gives her a high sex drive and a I don't know if it's the tainted or fae in general are freeer about relationships.
However, I think the relationship with Courtney is romantic (I sincerely hope it is), there have been a number of signs including taking her back with her and wanting to find and save her from the dungeon (need to play pt 3 again I might have read that bit wrong).

Reactions: UncleVT

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Just played that part, there is definite romance going on there.

Courtney seems accepting of Tabi's sex drive after she has sex with Trixie? (the little green thing) but there is a relationship there.

Chapter 3 in general was fantastic. I can overlook the parts I didn't like for more of that.

Loving the cliffhangers i'm seeing in a few games recently.

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
Yeah, that was it. Not about rape or forced situations or dick when playing a lesbian ... no, just the sex.

There is a story with choices while the actions within that story don't reflect the choices made, that was my problem.
I'm honestly not sure what your issue really is. Yes, there is that one scene with the two guys who attempt to assault Lily, and do end up assaulting Tabi which is forced. And the fact that the sexual content in that scene is unavoidable is a valid criticism, to be sure. But to the best of my knowledge, that's it. The prince tries to blackmail her, but she has full agency to call his bluff and not do anything with him. What's wrong with that? Yes, you *can* whore yourself out to earn the money for the ID, but as others have explained, it's entirely possible to earn it without doing anything sexual. Again, your problem is... what, exactly?

mazariah

Apr 27, 2017
I'm honestly not sure what your issue really is. Yes, there is that one scene with the two guys who attempt to assault Lily, and do end up assaulting Tabi which is forced. And the fact that the sexual content in that scene is unavoidable is a valid criticism, to be sure. But to the best of my knowledge, that's it. The prince tries to blackmail her, but she has full agency to call his bluff and not do anything with him. What's wrong with that? Yes, you *can* whore yourself out to earn the money for the ID, but as others have explained, it's entirely possible to earn it without doing anything sexual. Again, your problem is... what, exactly?
I've been playing and exploring this game a fair bit the last day or two trying to make a walkthrough that's more detailed than the scene guide provided with the game and I feel confident saying that there are very few scenes in the game that are unavoidable: very first scene where guards molest Tabi, two men at the Lake who assault you, chefs son who touches you in your sleep on the morning of Day 4, and getting the ID. Everything else is avoidable, unless I forgot about a groping scene somewhere. The scene that you mentioned with the two men, I'm not sure if you meant the one at the bar or the lake, but the bar one is avoidable. Now you can make the argument that those scenes are rape, and that's certainly a valid criticism. But this game does a good job of allowing options to have Tabi actually enjoy it. The whole logic of content should be optional is silly to me. It's a sex game. If you're not playing to see animations and CGs of the character you like being in a sexual situation then why exactly are you playing it? I see no reason to needlessly limit the content I'm seeing by saying "but muh morals on this fictional game that I'm jerking it too" and complaining about it. When I play these games I generally always make my female MC more slutty, because generally there's no benefit to playing a good girl as it goes against the point of these games. Just my perspective on the situation. I'll go back to lurking the thread and exploring this great game and hopefully finish up a guide soon.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Mh, not really speculation anymore. The scene, after she told Courteney she spend the night at Aurora's house, which can be found north of AUrora's house (where she had been found coming to earth), between Courtney and Haley (from the bar). Haley says to Courtney she has to get used to the behaviour of Tabi, because of her tainted nature.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I didn't spend the night at Aurora's, I stuck with Courtney so I missed that scene.

All I got was a "I said i'd be more understanding" after telling her i'd fucked Trixie.

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Not at all. Unlike those, here are several situations you can avoid like blackmail or rape and the story develops with no consequences. You're pointed in only two scenes for IDK how many you have choices. That's the difference.
There are not just two, there are some more...demon scene, brothel peeping scene which can't be completed without showing Tabi to some old disgusting creep and maybe some more, can't exactly remeber. But anyway...all those games have in common that they're developed by people which are determined to force their content upon players. And that is bad. Very bad. Amount of unavoidable content...that's just shades.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
The rape scene, not a fan of rape but it moves the story so I got myself over it.
The sleep grope scene ... happens in all corruption games, personally it's cliche and it annoys me and it happens twice.
If you don't have enough money when you go for the fake ID you are forced into a blowjob you can't get out of.
Going to get the demon blood either Tabi, the woman she's romantically involved with or both of you are forced into it.

We had moved on, I wound my neck in. There are certain things I don't like but despite a character I liked being raped in chapter 3 overall the story was great so I shut the fuck up and said I may have overdone things.

Djoki996

Jan 13, 2018
I'm following the scene guilde and it says that you can talk to Aurora at thrift during day 2 of chapter 2 but she's not showing up.

Reactions: vb3

Kendra

Apr 10, 2017
I'm following the scene guilde and it says that you can talk to Aurora at thrift during day 2 of chapter 2 but she's not showing up.
It's quite messy with Aurora, chech all the places she can be: her house, her work at clothing store and so on for every part of the day, because if you'll miss it once - you woudn't be able to continue with Aurora.

Reactions: Djoki996

Djoki996

Jan 13, 2018
Nevermind, I found it. (You talk to her during day 3 when going to thrift with Courtney, must have been a mistake in the guilde)

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Nevermind, I found it. (You talk to her during day 3 when going to thrift with Courtney, must have been a mistake in the guilde)
No mistake, she is there on day 2, at least she was for me.

She was wandering around on the left hand side.

4.80 star(s) 38 Votes