RPGM Abandoned The Coceter Chronicles [v0.15 Beta1] [Nverjos]

4.80 star(s) 38 Votes

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
Does it also apply to the centaurs?

It means that some Patreon staff play these games to find about their content though (lol).
That's one of those questions that comes up once one starts going down the path of censoring stuff. Do centaurs count, do werewolves count, how about minotaurs? If they count as bestiality, then does anything non-human now get banned, what's the difference between an ogre any of those I just mentioned. If none of those mentioned constitute bestiality in Patreon's eyes, then why? Is it because they're fantastical creatures, and if so does that mean unicorns, pegasus, and hell hounds are okay?

I brought up those points before when someone asked a similar question, I think it was even somewhere in this thread a few months back. I also guessed that eventually Patreon would ditch adult content altogether sometime in the future, because of drawing lines of what is okay and not okay. Plus having to have some one review each case is likely an expense of money/time they will likely just be like nope. Much easier to just group all adult content together and ban it, than try and police it all.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
In the end, all depends if someone report the dev and the person of Trust and Safety team in charge of the report.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Trust and Safety team sounds Orwellian.

Is sex with robots ok? if yes then is it because they are not biological life forms? so if its a robot horse (West World), or centaur then is it ok? Then the whole Coceter Chronicles world is just one big robot theme park, so its just bots fucking bots.
Spitting hairs could go on forever. But Patreon is a dictatorship (business) so legal loop holes not in their favor could be ignored.

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
Trust and Safety team sounds Orwellian.

Is sex with robots ok? if yes then is it because they are not biological life forms? so if its a robot horse (West World), or centaur then is it ok? Then the whole Coceter Chronicles world is just one big robot theme park, so its just bots fucking bots.
Spitting hairs could go on forever. But Patreon is a dictatorship (business) so legal loop holes not in their favor could be ignored.
Indeed, but none of it is actually "legal loopholes." The Supreme Court has already ruled (1959) among one of the first decisions, that fictional depictions of "sexual immorality" are protected speech (otherwise works like Nabokov's Lolita, considered a classic and the basis of the 1959 Supreme Court decision, would be illegal). That is stories, cartoons, art, and the like depicting acts that would be illegal if they were real, are protected under the First Amendment. Patreon is choosing to do so because of both optics and because certain payment processors themselves make it a policy to not allow purchases of certain types of material.

Reactions: rf96 and RustyV

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks for the legal factoid, nice to know a few of my thoughts are occasionally rational. lol
You won't happen to know the case? Now I'm curious to read the decision.

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
I have a black stripe on half the screen when I play (but it doesn't affect CGs). Does anyone know how to remove it?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

eruhlu muhdi

Nov 16, 2017
I have a black stripe on half the screen when I play (but it doesn't affect CGs). Does anyone know how to remove it?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I had the same problem but after installing different verison of rpgmaker, it is fixed. Dunno if that will work for you tho. Good luck with that.

Fuganater

May 7, 2018
This game is pretty awesome and I have been playing for the past few days. Currently I am stuck inside this shop. It says I have to pay for the toy but she never came out of the changing room...

upload_2018-5-9_15-23-42.png

XNero

Sep 14, 2016
so i just returned to the city and want to move the aurora story forward but every time I go to talk to her i get stuck in her room with no way out. What am i doing wrong?

Andu18s

Dec 7, 2017
Sorry for the stupid question but... I know that v0.14 in released in Alpha stage but will it be released in a non-Alpha ? And if yes, when ? Thanks a lot!

Reactions: RustyV

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
Sorry for the stupid question but... I know that v0.14 in released in Alpha stage but will it be released in a non-Alpha ? And if yes, when ? Thanks a lot!
Yes it will be released in non-alpha. When, is whenever Nverjos releases it. Historically it's usually a couple to few weeks between alpha then beta then release, with a couple minor update/fixes after that, however mileage may vary.

Reactions: RustyV

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Hey folks i updated my review after seeing i was wrong in giving it 1 star based on having rape. I'm looking forward towards more of this game and still hope no more rape scenes happen or at least are avoidable.

Again it is my personal taste i may add that saying in my signature xD.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Beta 2 for Version .14 is now available to those with access. Release notes for it are in the download post.
A Question I have for all of you, regarding the file size of the game.

Version .14 has introduced over 1000 new renders to the game. It's the biggest update I've done in regards to the number of scenes in the game. This is great, but poses a problem in regards to the games size.

Currently, the download stands at 1.5 gigs. That's pretty big in my opinion for a game of this style. On my Dev rig, the game is actually over 7 gigs, so I already do alot of Image Trickery and compression to make the game as small as it is for you folks.

So I've been toying with an Idea. In the development process of "Raising Coceter" (The tentative name for Anya and Arya's spin off.) I've wrote a set of code that allows me to read and write to XML files so I can record choices you make in the game, and read quest data on the fly.

My idea is to use this same code to record the choices you make in each Chapter, and then release each chapter in it's own separate game. Then you'd just have to copy this file from one game to the other to import your choices from one chapter to another. Something akin to the Mass Effect series.

So rather than download a 1.5 to 2 gig file every time I update, you only need to download the current chapter, in its own game. (Each chapter would probably be a 300-400 meg download, but finished chapters would only need to be downloaded once.)

Let me know your thoughts below and vote away. I'll keep this poll up for awhile.

Seperate Games for Each Chapter with an Import Save ability 17
One massive game 35

mazariah

Apr 27, 2017
So Beta 2 is out now? What exactly does that mean? Is there still content missing like in the Alpha or is this more or less the equivalent of a standard release?

4.80 star(s) 38 Votes