1.80 star(s) 54 Votes

Erastmus

Jan 10, 2018
Waited about 6 hours to download the 0.33 version. It again crashes at Timmy's scene (that problem was solved before).

I am sorry but this game is just to waste time. Deleted everthing about it. There are better games than this.

Vortash

Mar 18, 2021
Waited about 6 hours to download the 0.33 version. It again crashes at Timmy's scene (that problem was solved before).

I am sorry but this game is just to waste time. Deleted everthing about it. There are better games than this.
That's not a big surprise to me this game was a good concept ? storyline I suppose as it goes , but the build is unreliable and bitty. Not to mention half the episode completion scenes are missing , so as I said before I deleted it also and will wait till the developer gets it finished or more likely abandons it .

apariciodof

Feb 1, 2018

There are certainly better games than this
You don't like it? Leave it and continue with another
For my part, without being in the top 10 of the games, I find it fun, which is the important thing in a game

Vortash

Mar 18, 2021
There are certainly better games than this
You don't like it? Leave it and continue with another
For my part, without being in the top 10 of the games, I find it fun, which is the important thing in a game
Yeah it's fun but so is picking your nose and getting a really good booger out , so is this game really worth all the hassle at the moment maybe when the dev has ironed out all the problems it will be .

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah there are persistent problems with this game that never seem to get fixed. Go to the theater on a Thursday night and crash. Now you go to visit Timmy and crash. That one, unfortunately, breaks a lot of content along with it. So even if you fix the incompatible saves problem the game remains unplayable. So once again I will wait for a new update and hope that these problems get ironed out.

Reactions: Vortash

apariciodof

Feb 1, 2018
Yeah it's fun but so is picking your nose and getting a really good booger out , so is this game really worth all the hassle at the moment maybe when the dev has ironed out all the problems it will be .
My personal criteria with the games is: it amuses me, I continue; I'm not amused, or stop amused, I continue with something else
I don't play this one in particular since 0.30 or 0.31 waiting for a bug fix, because I'm not a masochist either
But again, i find it funny

Vortash

Mar 18, 2021
My personal criteria with the games is: it amuses me, I continue; I'm not amused, or stop amused, I continue with something else
I don't play this one in particular since 0.30 or 0.31 waiting for a bug fix, because I'm not a masochist either
But again, i find it funny
I must admit I also find it funny ...? I find it funny that a game as bad as this in it's technical difficulties shall we say , has survived this long I am wondering how long it will be before his new game stats to run into these ??? difficulties .

Sylfan

Feb 2, 2020

I have been looking at the code to see what wrong... for fun...XD

Open the file in the folder (i use notepad++):

The_College_0.33.0\resources\app\data\scenario\casa_Timmy_11.ks

Look at files 101 to 107. These are:

[mask time="2000" effect="fadeIn" color="0x000000" ]
[mask_off time="2000" effect="puffOut" ]
[tb_start_text mode=1 ]
#&f.name
Wow amazing!!![p]
I didn't think a tutorial could be so complete...[p]

[_tb_end_text]

Change all that to:

[mask time="2000" color="0x000000" ]
[mask_off time="2000" ]
[tb_start_text mode=1 ]
#&f.name
Wow amazing!!![p]
[_tb_end_text]

That remove the black screen and hopefully bring Timmy to finish his sentence about lockpicking (and keep the story intact).
The reason for that is the function "fadeIn" and "puffOut" are not found and are searched while a mask time appear (black screen) so i guess we never see the pop-up window. :LOL:
I'm not sure it will help you since you delete the game XD but i have to tell in case it help someone ;).

P.S: I think it works for any version of the game (i personaly tried with 0.32.1 and 0.33). This is what i call the atomic solution :cool:

Last edited:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I have been looking at the code to see what wrong... for fun...XD

Open the file in the folder (i use notepad++):

The_College_0.33.0\resources\app\data\scenario\casa_Timmy_11.ks

Then remove (delete) lines 101 to 108 and then save. These are:

[tb_start_text mode=1 ]
#&f.name
Wow amazing!!![p]
[_tb_end_text]

That remove the black screen and hopefully bring Timmy to finish his sentence about lockpicking.
I'm not sure it will help you since you delete the game XD but i have to tell in case it help someone ;).

P.S: I think it works for any version of the game (i personaly tried with 0.32.1 and 0.33). This is what i call the atomic solution :cool:
I'm not sure this would work. I got my black screen the very first time I met Timmy. Even so, isn't it Deva's job to do this stuff after we report it? They probably owe you a few bucks for your freelance bug-busting efforts.

Sylfan

Feb 2, 2020
I'm not sure this would work. I got my black screen the very first time I met Timmy. Even so, isn't it Deva's job to do this stuff after we report it? They probably owe you a few bucks for your freelance bug-busting efforts.
i guess (even though i got his game for free... being on this site)... but it took about 10 mins.:cool:

P.S: i edited the solution

Post-edit: you tell me that you got your black screen the first time you saw Timmy; I looked at it and found that the file: casa_Timmy__02.ks has the same pattern in line 82-83:

I did that section in another version but i suppose that if you delete these 2 lines it could (would) work. (I'm guessing) :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: Scratch77

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
i guess (even though i got his game for free... being on this site)... but it took about 10 mins.:cool:

Post-edit: you tell me that you got your black screen the first time you saw Timmy; I looked at it and found that the file: casa_Timmy__02.ks has the same pattern in line 82-83:

I did that section in another version but i suppose that if you delete these 2 lines it could (would) work. (I'm guessing) :unsure:
I'll take a look and see if it works. What's the worst thing that can happen? I'll break the already broken game? But if Deva doesn't know about the broken code it will just show up in the next version like a bad penny.

Vortash

Mar 18, 2021
Not even going to go there no way as I can see even more problems have reared their heads with this game, I am thinking this dev has bitten off more than he can chew especially as his head is now in his new game . Don't think I will bother with that one either if he/she ( well it's deva games and devas are usually women are they not so ? ) can't get this one right it does not bide well that the next game will be any better , no I will keep to my plan and download and play it when it is in the completed folder or consider myself lucky I didn't spend time on it if it becomes abandoned.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017

Do you want to look into the theater on Thursday bug too?

Scratch77

Jul 3, 2019

Thanks, worked for me. :)

1.80 star(s) 54 Votes