S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
This game is nearly perfect, my biggest problem with is that The Dev, or the MC at least doesn’t seem to know bisexuality is a thing, and that people of all genders can be bi. Even the character who outright said she’s into guys and girls was still teased about being a lesbian. I’m a bisexual guy, so I’d like to see it treated with more respect. Not saying it can’t be joked about, but the straight/gay binary is so stupid.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I've been thinking about the bombshell dropped on MC at the end of the latest update, I can't help but wonder how widely know the knowledge bomb is. Do our moms know? Do the teachers know? And if they do know, why wasn't this brought up and mentioned in regards the ex girlfriend at the begging or in the time since then. No way the ex shouldn't be effected by this.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
I've been thinking about the bombshell dropped on MC at the end of the latest update, I can't help but wonder how widely know the knowledge bomb is. Do our moms know? Do the teachers know? And if they do know, why wasn't this brought up and mentioned in regards the ex girlfriend at the begging or in the time since then. No way the ex shouldn't be effected by this.

Reactions: kcaldw

Sharktopus13

Aug 3, 2021
Considering a young Dryad student, could have potentially taken down a mature prodigy normal witch. I'm thinking you're correct, believing the dryads have ancient arcane knowledge, unknown to the modern witches. And the fact the leader of the dryads is a prophet, "sees the past & future". Chances are they know a whole hell of a lot, that no one else has a clue about.

Reactions: Ramagar

Sharktopus13

Aug 3, 2021
Does this MC ever make any choice of his own, or is he just an obedient little bitch the entire game? It's all been "yes boss, lemme be ever so grateful and obedient" up to and including the dryads. Nothing in the tags to indicate emasculation or femdom either...
Just because he may seem like a little simp bitch, don't mean he is one. Dude literally just woke up in a world of magic, where he is at the bottom of the food chain. Dryads came for him before he knew any spell, you think the kid is hoping he can rape all the dryads before they kill him? It wasn't until this latest update he learned an offensive spell.

Reactions: punisher2099

Irad

Apr 10, 2020
Just because he may seem like a little simp bitch, don't mean he is one. Dude literally just woke up in a world of magic, where he is at the bottom of the food chain. Dryads came for him before he knew any spell, you think the kid is hoping he can rape all the dryads before they kill him? It wasn't until this latest update he learned an offensive spell.
There is an ocean of difference between mewling adherence to authority and murderraping through the enemy. He's not even expressing any distaste, he's grateful after the fact. Like a simp little bitch.

Sharktopus13

Aug 3, 2021
There is an ocean of difference between mewling adherence to authority and murderraping through the enemy. He's not even expressing any distaste, he's grateful after the fact. Like a simp little bitch.
I didn't mean it like that, but in his desperation, probably trying to think of a way to do the only magic he knows. Honestly you wake up one day find out magic is real, you're surrounded by witches, most practicing for several years. first day is shock and awe, oh by the way you have the potential to be the next Genghis Khan. then get kidnapped from the powerful witches that are supposed to protect you while you learn, by even stronger witches the only magic you know is KO by creampie, and you're told beat this test or die. Pretty sure you would be grateful to be alive to. Maybe waiting till he knows anything about magic before acting all alpha dog is a smart move. If he wants to be a badass in this new world he better be able to back it up.
Right now MC has a bottomless bag of ammo, but he still can't take the safety off.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
and maybe also share his thoughts on the subject.
possibly in a forum dedicated to this.
in a thread dedicated to the game
... oh wait
People have been bitching about the mc since this vn started. The dev changed it once, and it wasn't enough apparently so again if people are not happy about the mc or how the story is progressing then move the fuck on.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
People have been bitching about the mc since this vn started. The dev changed it once, and it wasn't enough apparently so again if people are not happy about the mc or how the story is progressing then move the fuck on.
The problem is not people bitching. the problem is those who make it into a big thing.
let people bitch and leave them alone.

If they are wrong about something specific, then mention that. I sure have when they incorrectly bitched about things the MC has.

Don't go around saying that people don't have a right to bitch or start pointless arguments with them.

Reactions: Valdazz and Irad

Deleted member 2030943

Feb 16, 2020
Well I hope MC is left the fuck alone. I don't know what he was like orginally, but I like now. He's not perfect, as an earlier comment of my can attest, but he's a good natural character.
He's a bit... passive, but it's fine. It would be nice to see some conflicting internal monolog now and then, but I'm enjoying the story nonetheless.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
He's a bit... passive, but it's fine. It would be nice to see some conflicting internal monolog now and then, but I'm enjoying the story nonetheless.
I agree, in that I'd like him to be more active in getting trained and learning more about the magical world etc. Like if I was him, and I arguably am as player, I'd be dying to know if magic is real, what else is real? On that note, I do think MC should react more to things in general. Learning that multiple gods are in fact real, and that one is interested in you, should be a mind fuck more than it was.

But I don't want him taking charge of things, confidence and wanting to stand up for what he/we want and think is one thing but it'd be madness to have MC acting like he thinks he's the universes gift to magic.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
View attachment 1490118

Overview:
In The Coven you play the first man in centuries to possess magical abilities reserved for witches. You will be invited to join The Black School a secret college tasked with the training of witches. There you will learn the dangers of this secret world while also exploring relationships with your fellow students and teachers.​
I get this choice in the game:

game choice i like.jpg

I just wanted to say:

Thanks-Man-James-Franco.gif

Choice is good in these games. I know it's more work, but it's what makes PC games different than reading a book or watching a movie. Players love player agency.

Thumbs-up-Dale-Cooper.gif

JanisL

Oct 30, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/v7.rpy", line 2091, in script
    jump v7naotest
ScriptError: could not find label 'v7naotest'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    jump v7naotest
  File "H:\Adalt games\The Coven v.0.7\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "H:\Adalt games\The Coven v.0.7\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.17763 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.2.22081402
The Coven 0.7
Fri Nov 18 23:53:59 2022

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    jump v7naotest

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    jump v7naotest
  File "H:\Adalt games\The Coven v.0.7\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "H:\Adalt games\The Coven v.0.7\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.17763 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.2.22081402
The Coven 0.7
Fri Nov 18 23:53:59 2022
A Search for v7naotest at the upper right brings back this: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-coven-v0-7-former-flame.71348/post-9087462
I always Search first as usually someone else finds these before I do! Enjoy. :>)

3.90 star(s) 51 Votes