DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Holy shit, what is happening on the game now? Most interactions spouts errors. Opening inventory, looking at stats, seeing the progress tracker for each characters.

I just reloaded from my old save, the one event where the MC talks to Jane. After all that conversation, the game just booted me out? I thought there's new stuff or is there some kind of bug happening here again?

SteradianFauns

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2021
Holy shit, what is happening on the game now? Most interactions spouts errors. Opening inventory, looking at stats, seeing the progress tracker for each characters.

I just reloaded from my old save, the one event where the MC talks to Jane. After all that conversation, the game just booted me out? I thought there's new stuff or is there some kind of bug happening here again?
There's a readme with guide to make old saves work in the zip. Though if the game is already updated, then it won't work anymore. But I've made a workaround by giving players a choice to skip old content and jump into new contents right away with the stats adjusted. Or players could also now choose to play the non openworld without any of the grind mechanics and just see the story (stat check is non existent and it'll be like they're automatically passed)

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
There's a readme with guide to make old saves work in the zip. Though if the game is already updated, then it won't work anymore. But I've made a workaround by giving players a choice to skip old content and jump into new contents right away with the stats adjusted. Or players could also now choose to play the non openworld without any of the grind mechanics and just see the story (stat check is non existent and it'll be like they're automatically passed)
I want to thank you again for that last option; the skipping and auto-pass features really helped make the game more fun. I think the last thing I did that way was the birthday quest, and that was pretty fun.

Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017
Interesting start. Not the best, but interesting

I'm giving this a chance in the hopes that the MC starts really progressing. He's a bit stagnant at the beginning, but the characters around him seem pretty cool. I was kinda hoping he'd step in with the bandit attack (where I'm up to now) and was disappointed that he did nothing. But I'll give him a chance

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
honest question to the creator:
what do you have against returning players and their save games?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
honest question to the creator:
what do you have against returning players and their save games?
To those that repeatably ask why.

Code being rework in an alpha or beta game means starting over every time.

If you want saves to work then play completed games and your save will work every time.

1. Make an alpha/beta update.
2. It gets tested and bugs are found.
3. Bugs need a code change to fix.
4. Saves no longer work from before the bug fixes because of code change to get bugs fixed.
5. If you don't like this then wait till the game is completed to play it without breaking your saves.

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
To those that repeatably ask why.

Code being rework in an alpha or beta game means starting over every time.

If you want saves to work then play completed games and your save will work every time.

1. Make an alpha/beta update.
2. It gets tested and bugs are found.
3. Bugs need a code change to fix.
4. Saves no longer work from before the bug fixes because of code change to get bugs fixed.
5. If you don't like this then wait till the game is completed to play it without breaking your saves.
I've played many in progress games and i did see saves breaking from time to time (tho rarely). this is the first game that seems to break saves consistently every update tho.
also perhaps its just ignorance talking but wouldn't it be a good idea to make a specific save place for in between updates saving where only variables get saved circumventing the code?
example lets say a specific object in town where you go it saves days passed, flags set, any stats, events done. so the next update can generate a pseudo game state using just the variables and not be in any scripts (the fabled 'clean' save modders gripe about), this would prevent people having to go on a scavenger hunt for the particular way to transmit the save each time.
the place could even say what event/script needs to be finished before making the save thus ensuring maximum chance of working. realistically any save breaking that could be salvaged by saving at a certain point/time should by default be transferable via this method.

enough of my boring yapping i suppose.

on an unrelated note. does anyone have a download link to the previous version of this game (or better yet the compressed variety)?
i was sure i kept an emergency backup on some external hardware just for such an occasion, but i can't seem to find it.

SteradianFauns

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2021
I've played many in progress games and i did see saves breaking from time to time (tho rarely). this is the first game that seems to break saves consistently every update tho.
also perhaps its just ignorance talking but wouldn't it be a good idea to make a specific save place for in between updates saving where only variables get saved circumventing the code?
example lets say a specific object in town where you go it saves days passed, flags set, any stats, events done. so the next update can generate a pseudo game state using just the variables and not be in any scripts (the fabled 'clean' save modders gripe about), this would prevent people having to go on a scavenger hunt for the particular way to transmit the save each time.
the place could even say what event/script needs to be finished before making the save thus ensuring maximum chance of working. realistically any save breaking that could be salvaged by saving at a certain point/time should by default be transferable via this method.

on an unrelated note. does anyone have a download link to the previous version of this game (or better yet the compressed variety)?
i was sure i kept an emergency backup on some external hardware just for such an occasion, but i can't seem to find it.
The reason why the saves broke in this and previous update is because I have no coding background and had to learn by myself, and most free tutorials only teach you how to code something, not how to efficiently and correctly code the framework (I'm not even sure if it's the right term). And because this game is full of mechanics, in the beginning the code was a full mess, adding new location and characters takes time and can be confusing for me, and because it's a mess, it's also prone to bugs. It feels like I'm playing whack a mole with the bugs.

And with the two previous updates, I learn more and more on how to make the framework more efficient. And the thing with Renpy is that they're using "flows" and I have no idea how it work, so if I change some of the labels, the code got confused on where they're supposed to go or to return, and that makes the saves break. And I'm not really sure on how to only save the variable because of these "flows", but I'll see if I can learn it in the future.

Though In this update I already designated a place where it should be the safest place to save and it will tell you so. I also add a way skip old content and jump into new contents right away with the stats adjusted. Or players could also now choose to play the non openworld without any of the grind mechanics and just see the story (stat check is non existent and it'll be like they're automatically passed) .

Edit : Never mind the links, they won't work.
Anyway, here's the 0.3.7 script (MEGA - GDRIVE ) if you already updated the game to 0.4.5 version. Download this 0.3.7 scripts.rpa file, replace the 0.4.5 scripts.rpa file with it, follow the guide in the readme to make the saves work, then replace the 0.3.7 scripts.rpa file with 0.4.5 scripts.rpa file again.

Last edited:

SteradianFauns

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2021

Never mind the previous script link, I just tested it and I guess you need the full file because some of the images name are changed too. I can upload the full game for the 0.3.7 and send the links to you if you want.

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
<...>

Though In this update I already designated a place where it should be the safest place to save and it will tell you so. I also add a way skip old content and jump into new contents right away with the stats adjusted. Or players could also now choose to play the non openworld without any of the grind mechanics and just see the story (stat check is non existent and it'll be like they're automatically passed) .

<...>
well i see that my idea of a designated save spot is already implemented and i'm just preaching to the choir. godspeed then.

Never mind the previous script link, I just tested it and I guess you need the full file because some of the images name are changed too. I can upload the full game for the 0.3.7 and send the links to you if you want.
that would honestly be much appreciated, thanks. since i still can't find my backups and i don't keep games i dont plai on internal hd (lack of space)

also thanks for a clear response and honesty. seems to be far too rare these days

SteradianFauns

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2021
that would honestly be much appreciated, thanks. since i still can't find my backups and i don't keep games i dont plai on internal hd (lack of space)

also thanks for a clear response and honesty. seems to be far too rare these days
Here you go, -

nepheele

Mar 30, 2018
The reason why the saves broke in this and previous update is because I have no coding background and had to learn by myself, and most free tutorials only teach you how to code something, not how to efficiently and correctly code the framework (I'm not even sure if it's the right term). And because this game is full of mechanics, in the beginning the code was a full mess, adding new location and characters takes time and can be confusing for me, and because it's a mess, it's also prone to bugs. It feels like I'm playing whack a mole with the bugs.

And with the two previous updates, I learn more and more on how to make the framework more efficient. And the thing with Renpy is that they're using "flows" and I have no idea how it work, so if I change some of the labels, the code got confused on where they're supposed to go or to return, and that makes the saves break. And I'm not really sure on how to only save the variable because of these "flows", but I'll see if I can learn it in the future.

Edit : Never mind the links, they won't work.
Anyway, here's the 0.3.7 script (MEGA - GDRIVE ) if you already updated the game to 0.4.5 version. Download this 0.3.7 scripts.rpa file, replace the 0.4.5 scripts.rpa file with it, follow the guide in the readme to make the saves work, then replace the 0.3.7 scripts.rpa file with 0.4.5 scripts.rpa file again.
I tried testing this game but it is not playable on my laptop.
I personally don't know what the problem is.
Due to the fact that my laptop is super old I already have normal lag issues with almost all new versions of python:
The normal 2.7 never causes me problems.
The updated version of 2.7, or py2 (on the folder lib), it creates me enough lag on animations but rarely i get problems.
Finally version 3.9, or py3, not only does it lag me during the game but it lags a lot on animations and sometimes give me few errors.
But I've never had any serious problems except lag (except few errors that close the game sometimes), but this time it's pretty much unplayable.
As from the first image from the beginning on the menù I don't see the pics or choices of the characters or gallery, is totally empty in the option, I can click but it doesn't show me anything, this is what i see:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
While during the game I don't see the top right icon options too, i can click on the invisible icons but I don't see them.
And when I get to the city area, instead of the city map it gives me this meaningless picture:
I tried to download the normal version, a second normal version with another link, the compressed version, and to play normal or sandbox, but it's the same for everything.
So i don't know how solve this problem, py3 it's already hard with the lag on my laptop but this is the first time that i can't see anything and it's totally impossible for me play this game.
So someone know what is the problem here?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I tried testing this game but it is not playable on my laptop.
I personally don't know what the problem is.
Due to the fact that my laptop is super old I already have normal lag issues with almost all new versions of python:
The normal 2.7 never causes me problems.
The updated version of 2.7, or py2 (on the folder lib), it creates me enough lag on animations but rarely i get problems.
Finally version 3.9, or py3, not only does it lag me during the game but it lags a lot on animations and sometimes give me few errors.
But I've never had any serious problems except lag (except few errors that close the game sometimes), but this time it's pretty much unplayable.
As from the first image from the beginning on the menù I don't see the pics or choices of the characters or gallery, is totally empty in the option, I can click but it doesn't show me anything, this is what i see:
While during the game I don't see the top right icon options too, i can click on the invisible icons but I don't see them.
And when I get to the city area, instead of the city map it gives me this meaningless picture:
I tried to download the normal version, a second normal version with another link, the compressed version, and to play normal or sandbox, but it's the same for everything.
So i don't know how solve this problem, py3 it's already hard with the lag on my laptop but this is the first time that i can't see anything and it's totally impossible for me play this game.
So someone know what is the problem here?
You said your laptop is old and by the graphics I see in the pic it is very old.
You can burn up your laptop by trying to play high graphic games/VN if you are to out of date for them.
Even my 2003 Dell XPS with a top of the line graphic adapter of that date will not play most of these games today.
Dell XPS M170.
NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7800 GTX

nepheele

Mar 30, 2018
You said your laptop is old and by the graphics I see in the pic it is very old.
You can burn up your laptop by trying to play high graphic games/VN if you are to out of date for them.
Even my 2003 Dell XPS with a top of the line graphic adapter of that date will not play most of these games today.
Dell XPS M170.
NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7800 GTX
For this i down/play always compressed version of the games, using them i don't get graphic problems and the games are stable except the lag on animation (and when the lag is big, mostly py3 games, i just skip them after few seconds)
BTW i just play ren'py games here

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
patch for v0.4.5 for fixing some people being unable to import old save
Google Drive :
MEGA :

Fixes some people being unable to import an old save
dev said:
I think the problem was because there are two ways to do the Liz's Surprise Party Event, one is by taking it during the weekday, the other is by taking it during the weekend, and I didn't account for players who took it during the weekend, so it caused the error.
===

When importing an old save, the correct procedure is:
in the old version:
step 1: load latest save in old version.

step 2: in old version skip time until you reach this screen
sleep.png
if you have coffee perk it says you didn't oversleep, that is fine too.

step 3: save here on that screen.

in new version:
step 4: copy save folder to new version
step 5: load that specific save.

it will say at the top left of the screen in red that an image file is missing. ignore that.
it should not give any uncaught exceptions.

Reactions: SteradianFauns

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Step 1. Open renpy/common/00console.rpy
Step 2. Change the line that says
config.console = False
to
config.console =True
and save the file.
Step 3. Open your game and load a save file.
Step 4. Press Shift+O
Step 5. Type in this command:
mc.coin += 100000
then press Enter and Shift+O to exit the dev console. Now you're rich.
thank you.

mc.coin += 100000
does not work in latest version.
anyone knows what the current command is?

also you close the console with esc key. shift+o a second time does not work

4.30 star(s) 10 Votes