The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, I already mentioned the Blink scale, but for active game developers, this latest featured artist is especially important. The featured artist for the next hour or so is RiverSoftArt. This artist is especially known for creating several really important game modifications like character modifiers (transferring characters from G3 to G8), clothing, prop, and pose modifiers (from G3>G8) and more. While some of these tools are available for free, these are professionally developed and supported by a Daz3D developer.

To add to this, RiverSoftArt is responsible for the Now Crowd billboard series, which allows the placement of pre-rendered "billboards" inside built environments (like streets, bars, and schools) which give the illusion of crowded environments without the huge negative impact on rendering times. The three lowest prices for one of these sets (Now Crowd Billboards - School Life) were 7.49 and 8.49, three times last year. With the 70% off (buying a cheap new release, see previous post), you can get each one for 8.99 on this sale. If you've ever wanted to integrate billboards into your projects, this an excellent opportunity to seize them at a serious discount.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, this Blink sale is clearly oriented towards developers. The featured artist for this round (for the next approx. 1:20) is . While Arki has created a number of assets that are handy if you are into doing fantasy art (characters, clothing, props), they have also posted a number of outstanding developer resources. Featured (and heavily discounted resources) include tutorials on using Daz3D and Hexagon (also comes for free with Daz3D), tutorials on creating complex clothing and hair, digital art tutorials including discussions on rigging and customizing the Daz3D Smart Content area, and rendering in Octane. This sale is an opportunity to snatch some of these tutorials and programs that normally retail for up to $200 (for the Hexagon series) for a fraction of the price, if you are interested in learning more about these specific areas of Daz3D.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
On the Blink sales, I was able to pick up the Animated Clouds, Flock of Birds, and Water systems, as well as several of the Now Crowd Billboard systems that I think I will be able to use. Now I have to get back to work on my game so that I can (hopefully) earn enough to cover what I've been spending. I think this is the most I have spent at the Daz store since I started buying stuff there in November of 2018.

EDIT: I would have never dreamed of buying these products at anywhere near their normal prices, but with 70% off, and using gift cards that were already 30% off, the stacked discounts are just too big of a temptation.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, first off, on the Renderosity front, there's a group sale going on with up to 60% off on participating vendor stores.

The 'unusual shaped swimwear tan lines' thingie by PairADime might be interesting to some...

Other cool stuff in the group sale as well!

Other deals in the store as well, and as per usual...

On the Daz Studio front, after getting used to the $1.99 PC+ for a day thing, which I knew would come to an end but I still miss it, yeah the latest deals are underwhelming me. There's a couple of cool related sci fi/steampunk new items that I wishlisted for later, just 30% off isn't gonna move me...

So yeah, Daz3D's store isn't really 'whelming' me right now, but perhaps others might spot a good deal. The blink sales yesterday are gone now, and I really don't mind as I don't like having to visit the store every couple of hours just to see what's up... the Daz sales team may think it increases my willingness to shop there, but it is having the opposite effect... but I'm bitching so I should stay on point.

Anyways, if anyone else spots something of note over there, feel free to share of course!

And on the Renderotica front, DaYin's store is 60% off, might be worth a look if you are wanting more options for Asian ladies, and Layla's store is 50% off, if you like sex poses. Other deals as well on the sales page. A lot of the other discounts are underwhelming, but better than nothing I suppose...

Thanks for posting up deals as you see them everyone! It's nice to know about them!!!
;)

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The offer has a side offer of 20% off of Daz3D Gift Cards. The banner from the sale claims the discount is up to 28%, but I can't figure out how to trigger the extra 8%. If you don't own one of the "Select Holiday Items" to get the 20% discount, you can buy it and apply your Holiday Bonus. That made my "buy in" $9.95 which is kinda "meh" unless I wanted to get a really large gift card. I am reaching out to Daz3D staff to find out how to get access to the 28% discount, which is more compelling, and will report back if I hear back from them before the sale ends.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
The offer has a side offer of 20% off of Daz3D Gift Cards. The banner from the sale claims the discount is up to 28%, but I can't figure out how to trigger the extra 8%. If you don't own one of the "Select Holiday Items" to get the 20% discount, you can buy it and apply your Holiday Bonus. That made my "buy in" $9.95 which is kinda "meh" unless I wanted to get a really large gift card. I am reaching out to Daz3D staff to find out how to get access to the 28% discount, which is more compelling, and will report back if I hear back from them before the sale ends.
To get the gift card discount to 28%, you need to get an extra 10% off your cart (0.8*0.9=0.72).
According to the page , It requires to buy 3 'incredible figures'
Buy any 3 'Incredible Figures' New Releases to get up to 15 Featured Artist items for 65% OFF*
PLUS an EXTRA 10% OFF** your entire order!
And to get the 20% off gift cards, you need to buy a "select holiday".
If you buy or already own any Select Holiday Items, take an EXTRA 10% OFF**
the rest of your order and get an EXTRA 20% OFF* Gift Cards!
This makes a buy-in of 4 items which seems rather high, IMHO

Reactions: seamanq and OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
To get the gift card discount to 28%, you need to get an extra 10% off your cart (0.8*0.9=0.72).

Making the discount not a discount at all. Hard pass. Kind of anticlimactic given the really good deals that they were spinning at the end of the year. I'm glad I stocked up, although I have spent a lot of my GC dough on the Blink sales that were just too good to pass up on.

Reactions: tdree and OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Although not associated with any particular sale that I can see, I got an ATI alert that a bunch of Pro Bundles that I had in my wishlist were discounted, some at prices the lowest in 2 months (about 72% off). While these deals are nowhere near as good as the one during the Blink sales a few days ago, they are still decent sales, and they appear to be on a wider range of actors than the previous sale. Also, starter bundles are included in the discounts, as well as the pro bundles. So if there is a bundle you are interested in, it might be good to check out this and see if there is anything that strikes your fancy. Prices seem to be around 72-73% across the board. It's a shame they are not stackable with anything else, as far as I know, but if you have the 6 off of 18 coupon or Daz Originals $6 coupons that are unused, you might be able to use one of them to get one of these bundles that you want.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018

I got confirmation from Daz support that this is true, making this a "non event" in my view.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
OhWee you should ask the admins if they could pin this. There's been some pretty good action on this thread, and I think it would be useful for many developers out there.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Boogie and OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
OhWee you should ask the admins if they could pin this. There's been some pretty good action on this thread, and I think it would be useful for many developers out there.
OhWee I already hit report and asked the mods to do it. I hope you don't mind, but I think this thread deserves a sticky as much as mine does, and it should result in more traffic and hopefully more codes and reveals about sales. BTW, you probably should take HiveWire off the OP as they are shutting down their store.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OhWee I already hit report and asked the mods to do it. I hope you don't mind, but I think this thread deserves a sticky as much as mine does, and it should result in more traffic and hopefully more codes and reveals about sales. BTW, you probably should take HiveWire off the OP as they are shutting down their store.
I don't really follow the other stores, so I'm not sure which other stores are good ones for Daz Studio stuff these days.

There's , , and also but as to their reputations I have no idea. I'm pretty cautious about doing business online, as it's hard to judge how secure a site has been from just looking at it. Any recommendations from personal experience that y'all think I should add to the OP?

There's also the 'regular' modeling sites that don't deal much in .duf files and other Daz Studio formats , but say work with .obj and formats that are native to other programs , but I don't follow those sites regularly either. But if others are, and don't mind keeping us posted...

Also, if people around here aren't shopping at said other sites regularly to begin with, then it's far less likely that someone will share info about any really decent sales for said sites, as they won't know when the sales are going on.

That being said, it IS nice to have alternatives to Daz3D.com , if people have suggestions r.e. sites and associated sales.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Right now in the Daz3D.com store, I'm seeing 8 sales running concurrently (not counting the 'usual' interactive licenses sale and Fast Grab). This is usually where discount stacking creeps in with some screamin' hidden deals, but none of the individual sales are wowing me atm. I checked my latest ati 'best deals' emails just now, and besides the usual fast grabs, and the items which have bigger discounts now because they were just added to PC+, nothing is really jumping out at me.

amster22 :

You are usually pretty good at spotting the discount stacking, are you seeing anything here?

I will note that there are a couple of cheaper 'debut new' items in today's sale, but you'd need to buy four of those to maximize the participating PA discounts (65% off) and 51% off (+ 30 add'l off if DO of course) on the new items.

One of the debut new items today is a monolith (a nod to the recent 3 sided monolith craze), but if you need those just create a cylinder primitive in DS with 3 sides and add whatever metallic shader you want, just sayin'. It does come with a red rock desert backdrop of some sort though, not sure if that's worth $10.47 ($7.32 if you maximize the debut new stacking) or not...

The O-bot steampunk robot is also kinda cute, and is a little cheaper if for some reason you decide to do today's sale. Personally, I'd wait for a better deal on him when Val3DArt's vendor store goes on sale a few month down the road after it rolls off of 'new status' myself.

On the Renderosity front, there's a number of 50% off sales, and a 20% off coupon that's good until Sunday. Again, nothing in particular is jumping out at me, but I may have missed something.

Anyways, yeah, as I said before I'm sensing an opportunity for discount stacking with 8 sales running concurrently at the Daz3D.com store, but none of the individual sales wowed me this week, and I'm kind of burned out on sales atm. The fact that the Daz3D store is still partially broken 2 months after the 'new software' changeover isn't instilling confidence - I'll say again, check the product page for anything you want to grab before you add to your cart to make sure you don't own it already, it may not show as 'currently owned' on the various sales pages.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today was busy and I have just looked at daz site. Today deal is better than recent ones as you can get 65% off without buying any new release. It just requires 4 items among three artists and today new releases, which largely enlarges the choice. 65% is not bad, but I checked several items that interested me and they are at least 30% more expensive than the best price that appeared several times last year. But if you are in a hurry...
I followed Ohwee suggestion and tried to find some synergy to stack the discounts, but I found none. Maybe tomorrow.

• Yay, new update!

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Most of the sales have been pretty 'meh' so far this year on Daz3D since the beginning of the year, but this is one that shows some promise.

offers a bunch of bundles from different artists, including i13 for the small price of $5. If you choose to buy any new release, the cost of the grab bags drop to $2. There are over 400 items offered in this sale, including many full location sets (courtesy of i13) such as the Foxy Lounge, Dorm Interior, Tanning Salon, etc. (you get the idea).

I found two items in the new releases (view store, list by latest releases) which were B.E.T.T.Y. Lamps 2 (vintage lamps) and Mystical Mushroom for $3.49. You may find more, but I have already bought several of the cheaper new releases on previous sales. The More Knits Iray Shaders are $2.79, but I can't buy them again because I already own them. If your goal is to get the $3 off on the grab bag sale, then grabbing one of the lowest-price new releases is the ticket. I actually spent a little bit more, popping for the $3.99 because I could actually see myself using that asset, but if you don't find anything useful, spending $3.49 to save $3 each on multiple bundles isn't a bad trade off.

Sooooo ... I was able to get 8 full location sets (including all the assets, like furniture, which can be used elsewhere), hot tubs and related poses, two pose packs, a server outfit for the steakhouse, and two other assets (food sets) and the qualifying new release IBL set for the whopping sum of $31.99. Oh, that was discounted further because it was purchased with a gift card that I had purchased for 30% off.

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
OhWee .... the admins have heard our pleas and have listened. You are now pinned in the Programming, Dev, and Art thread. Hopefully that will bring more eyeballs to this thread (and people to share cool discounts)!

• Yay, new update!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, nothing jumping out at me r.e. sales at Daz3D and Renderosity ATM.

I went to check my Daz3D.com wishlist this morning, and it looks like there were a few changes there. There are only two columns now (I remember there being four before, that may have been a checkbox option) and it looks like Daz Deals functionality may have been entirely removed. I remember having the opton to sort by either of the PC+ coupons before, that's gone now, and I'm not seeing an easy way to hide the PC+ items... Annoying, one might think that Daz3D doesn't really want my money any more.

Just checked out FoRender.com for a few minutes. I've been aware of this site for a while, they offer celebrity and game character lookalikes, as well as a number clothing, props, etc. items.

The product selection covers the gamut from V4 era to Genesis 8.

A number of the characters for the most part seem fairly reasonably priced at the 'MSRP' level (a few do get rather pricey). But I'm not seeing any information about sales on the front end. There's mention of the newsletter detailing sales, but of course you'd need to subscribe to get that. Not seeing copies of the newsletter in the forum posts.

They have a request section for new characters and such. Most of the campaigns look pretty quiet, and I'm not up to speed on the whole 'donate' thing. Mostly these are requests for celeb lookalikes.

Anyways, since I'm not seeing sales offers info for FoRender, odds are there won't be much discussion of that website in this thread, but the site might b worth a gander at least. Not sure how solid their rep is, but they've been around for a while now.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
There's a flash sale running atm on Daz3D.com with a 50% off coupon. In addition, some of the items are showing up in my browser at 79% off before the coupon is applied (mainly Genesis/Genesis 2 era items). So this will drop the cost of some of these items by a lot (less than $2 in some cases). Might be worth a looksee...

MORE IMPORTANTLY, it looks like Daz Deals is mostly fixed in Firefox (and perhaps other browsers). The 'show wishlist items' checkbox is showing up again, and working! AND, the 'sort by % off' option is showing up in the dropdown again, and working, at least for me.

Also, the Daz3D.com store pages seem to be loading a lot faster ATM, knock on wood...

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
There's a flash sale running atm on Daz3D.com with a 50% off coupon. In addition, some of the items are showing up in my browser at 79% off before the coupon is applied (mainly Genesis/Genesis 2 era items). So this will drop the cost of some of these items by a lot (less than $2 in some cases). Might be worth a looksee...

MORE IMPORTANTLY, it looks like Daz Deals is mostly fixed in Firefox (and perhaps other browsers). The 'show wishlist items' checkbox is showing up again, and working! AND, the 'sort by % off' option is showing up in the dropdown again, and working, at least for me.

Also, the Daz3D.com store pages seem to be loading a lot faster ATM, knock on wood...
I have been looking pretty much every day at the promotions they keep kicking out there, but truthfully, the majority of their offerings are 'meh' at best. The only stuff they are doing deep discounting on is really, really old stuff, which is ok if you need assets to go with Genesis and Genesis 2 models. But everything else is really lackluster at best.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Four hour flash sales are back. Three selected artists are featured every four hours. For the next hour and half, it's items by Luthbel, bluejaunte, and Roguey. 40% off base, 50% if you buy two or more. 60% off if you buy any new release. Please see my earlier posts about finding the cheapest possible new release to trigger the biggest discount. You should be able to find a cheap new release between $2-4 to trigger tnis if these vendors have something you really want a 60% discount on.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote