mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
I could see Antonio and Isabel "retiring" if their marriage gets fixed, and they sail off into the sunset. Antonio knowing that MC will look after his sisters, and the two of them focusing on having a family without the pressures of The Family.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I could see Antonio and Isabel "retiring" if their marriage gets fixed, and they sail off into the sunset. Antonio knowing that MC will look after his sisters, and the two of them focusing on having a family without the pressures of The Family.
I don't know about that.
Antonio looks to be pretty much willing to take over the Family business as Cordia's successor, and I don't think we've seen any glimpses of him being tired and want to be away from the Mafia life.
Even if Antonio & Isabel make amends and their marriage gets fixed, I'd find it hard to believe he'd be vacating his position as the head of the Family, should Cordia retire.

Besides, even when one retires and leaves the Mafia life, would it truly be called retiring for good?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I don't know about that.
Antonio looks to be pretty much willing to take over the Family business as Cordia's successor, and I don't think we've seen any glimpses of him being tired and want to be away from the Mafia life.
Even if Antonio & Isabel make amends and their marriage gets fixed, I'd find it hard to believe he'd be vacating his position as the head of the Family, should Cordia retire.

Besides, even when one retires and leaves the Mafia life, would it truly be called retiring for good?
I can't see their marriage getting fixed. He's into men. Bi/gay is irrelevant.
They can move past the hurt of the lost child, the pain lessens with time. But you can't move past him being sexually attracted to men. No amount of time is going to lessen his sexuality.

Most mafia organisations have a blood oath. People breaking those oaths tend to end up dying.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
They can move past the hurt of the lost child, the pain lessens with time. But you can't move past him being sexually attracted to men. No amount of time is going to lessen his sexuality.
Is that really the case? By extension that would mean that no bisexual person would be able to settle down in the long run. I mean, yes, they are attracted to other people, but so is every hetero. It's just that with bisexuals it's roughly twice as many potential love interests.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Is that really the case? By extension that would mean that no bisexual person would be able to settle down in the long run. I mean, yes, they are attracted to other people, but so is every hetero. It's just that with bisexuals it's roughly twice as many potential love interests.
I expect that a bi person may make a choice for their "life partner", for lack of a better term.
But I'm positive that this will not diminish their desire for the other sex. Hence him visiting the club, after being married.
I expect that they won't stop being bi, simply because they fell in love with one of the two sexes they find attractive & made a commitment to that individual.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

Most mafia organisations have a blood oath. People breaking those oaths tend to end up dying.
Does the game say Antonio is still Bi/gay and into men even if the player chooses to be only friends with Isabel (i.e. abandon her Netori path)?
Never bothered myself with Isabel friendship path (considering it doesn't seem to be offering anything new from Netori path for most part, other than no Isabel romance and exclusion of her Netori events), so that's still a question mark for me.

Just thought that if friendship path doesn't state that he's bi/gay, perhaps that would be going the route of possibly fixing their marriage.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Does the game say Antonio is still Bi/gay and into men even if the player chooses to be only friends with Isabel (i.e. abandon her Netori path)?
Never bothered myself with Isabel friendship path (considering it doesn't seem to be offering anything new from Netori path for most part, other than no Isabel romance and exclusion of her Netori events), so that's still a question mark for me.

Just thought that if friendship path doesn't state that he's bi/gay, perhaps that would be going the route of possibly fixing their marriage.
Don't know mate, sorry.
Same as you, I fell for her temptations! :love:

• Yay, new update!
  • Haha
Reactions: Paco Loco and JJJ84

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I expect that a bi person may make a choice for their "life partner", for lack of a better term.
But I'm positive that this will not diminish their desire for the other sex. Hence him visiting the club, after being married.
I expect that they won't stop being bi, simply because they fell in love with one of the two sexes they find attractive & made a commitment to that individual.
I am not in a place to disagree since the only bi person (that I know of) has a failed marriage, so maybe somebody who is bi may want to chime in, because on the one hand, yes, sex with only one gender is somewhat limited, but on the other hand heteros also have a lot of temptations running around. They may also still desire some people and have to restrain themselves. So it may depend on how important "variance in sex" is for you, or if you're just not closing down while looking for "the one".

Reactions: Kagarus

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I am not in a place to disagree since the only bi person (that I know of) has a failed marriage, so maybe somebody who is bi may want to chime in, because on the one hand, yes, sex with only one gender is somewhat limited, but on the other hand heteros also have a lot of temptations running around. They may also still desire some people and have to restrain themselves. So it may depend on how important "variance in sex" is for you, or if you're just not closing down while looking for "the one".
Well, think of it in different terms.
A hetero person gets married, they remain heterosexual.
A homosexual person gets married, they remain homosexual.
I see nothing to suggest that a bisexual person who gets married, would not remain bisexual?
I do not think that sexuality is a choice, or that it can be altered.

They chose to settle down with the person they fell in love with.
That does not stop them still being attracted to both sexes.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Well, think of it in different terms.
A hetero person gets married, they remain heterosexual.
A homosexual person gets married, they remain homosexual.
I see nothing to suggest that a bisexual person who gets married, would not remain bisexual?

They chose to settle down with the person they fell in love with.
That does not stop them still being attracted to both sexes.
Certainly not, I agree with all of your assumptions. But since a heterosexual person can ignore their attraction to other people of the opposite gender when settling down, and homosexuals can ignore other same gender temptations, bisexuals may be able to ignore them as well. Question is probably: are you bisexual because you "need" both genders as partners, or are you because you do not shy back from anybody just because of it?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Certainly not, I agree with all of your assumptions. But since a heterosexual person can ignore their attraction to other people of the opposite gender when settling down, and homosexuals can ignore other same gender temptations, bisexuals may be able to ignore them as well. Question is probably: are you bisexual because you "need" both genders as partners, or are you because you do not shy back from anybody just because of it?
Absolutely, once they settle down they behave in either a homosexual, or heterosexual way.
But they are still bisexual. Being sexually attracted to either sex is the only prerequisite.
Making a commitment to a person of one sex, does not stop you finding the other sex physically attractive.
Much the same as getting married doesn't mean you stop finding other women/men attractive.

Many homosexual men got married, had children. They didn't stop being gay.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Absolutely, once they settle down they behave in either a homosexual, or heterosexual way.
But they are still bisexual. Being sexually attracted to either sex is the only prerequisite.
Making a commitment to a person of one sex, does not stop you finding the other sex physically attractive.
Much the same as getting married doesn't mean you stop finding other women/men attractive.

Many homosexual men got married, had children. They didn't stop being gay.
The point is that when a straight man gets married he still finds other women attractive. That doesn't stop him being married. Why does finding people other than your wife attractive change if it's just women or a mixture of women and men?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
The point is that when a straight man gets married he still finds other women attractive. That doesn't stop him being married. Why does finding people other than your wife attractive change if it's just women or a mixture of women and men?
You're telling me what my own point is? :unsure:
OK, thanks.

You're wrong, by the way. That's not the point, at all.
To clarify, the point is that I do not think that someone, who is bisexual & marries a partner, alters their sexuality.
They enter into a homosexual, or heterosexual relationship, yes.
But I do not believe this stops them from being bisexual. They may not act on it, if they're monogamous, but they'll still get turned on by both sexes.
Homosexual men, who got married to a woman for 30 years & had children, did not turn heterosexual.
There is no reason to think that a bisexual man, who did the same, would. As evidenced by Antonio, although not that long & no children.
Question is probably: are you bisexual because you "need" both genders as partners, or are you because you do not shy back from anybody just because of it?
It's simply about what you find sexually attractive.
If you're sexually attracted to\aroused by both sexes, you're bisexual. That's it.
A bi man falling in love with & marrying a woman doesn't prevent him from also being sexually attracted to men.
Being monogamous may prevent him acting on that attraction, but it's not going to prevent the attraction from happening.

As you say, it's hard enough for people who are only attracted to one sex to be monogamous! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
It's simply about what you find sexually attractive.
If you're sexually attracted to\aroused by both sexes, you're bisexual. That's it.
A bi man falling in love with & marrying a woman doesn't prevent him from also being sexually attracted to men.
Being monogamous may prevent him acting on that attraction, but it's not going to prevent the attraction from happening.

As you say, it's hard enough for people who are only attracted to one sex to be monogamous! :ROFLMAO:
It's a bit like were talking past each other. They do not change their sexuality at all, that I think we all can agree on. But even heterosexual or homosexual "married" (catch all here for any permanent monogamous relationship) find other people attractive. And coming back to the usual point I do not see how Antonio not only finding women other than Isabella attractive but also men is preventing their marriage to be successful. If he can resist temptation from girls, he should also be able to resist temptation from boys. That does not mean that he will resist - as possibly shown by his visits to a certain table - but I see no reason why he couldn't.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
But even heterosexual or homosexual "married" (catch all here for any permanent monogamous relationship) find other people attractive.
No-one said they did not?
I already addressed this.
Being attracted to somone has nothing to do with what we're talking about. It only matters if they act on that attraction and perform an infidelity.
And coming back to the usual point I do not see how Antonio not only finding women other than Isabella attractive but also men is preventing their marriage to be successful. If he can resist temptation from girls, he should also be able to resist temptation from boys. That does not mean that he will resist - as possibly shown by his visits to a certain table - but I see no reason why he couldn't.
What I specifically said, was that Antonio is fucking men, so their wedding is not going to be fixed by them "going off into the sunset".
I said that you cannot fix what is wrong, because he is bisexual (and already proven to not be monogamous).
He's always going to be into men.
He's already proven himself to not stay faitfhul.
There is no fixing that.
Trust does not get fixed, once broken & he's never going to be heterosexual.
It's a bit like were talking past each other. They do not change their sexuality at all, that I think we all can agree on.
That is specifically what you replied to and asked if it was "really the case?", when I first said it.
So you did not initially seem to agree, but now you do?
1633011587485.png

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
No-one said they did not?
I already adressed this.
It has nothing to do with what we're talking about.
See, that is why I said "we seem to be talking past each other". Apparently both of us agree on all the stuff - but I feel (and certainly you too) that the essence of what I am trying to say is going into the void. So I am introducing this to explain why I don't see a difference between heterosexual or homosexual on the one side, bisexual on the other. Because I have not seen (or understood) any difference you pointed out except for the defining part "like both genders" and I don't see how "potentially likes partners other than their spouse of a different gender than their spouse" (italics are the difference to homo or hetero people) makes a difference here.

The sentences of your OP I did not understand was

I think we both agree that he is bi and just understood the third sentence to refer to earlier discussions about whether he is bi or secretly gay does not change the issue at hand. But given he is bi, he is also into women. So his wife is not out of his "target zone". And I don't get how "he is (also) into men" changes anything from the more general phrasing of "he is (also) into other people than his wife".

What I specifically said, was that Antonio is fucking men, so their wedding is not going to be fixed by them "going off into the sunset".
I said that you cannot fix what is wrong, because he is bisexual and already proven to not be monogamous.
He's always going to be into men.
There is no fixing that.
I personally agree that there is no fixing a relationship where one party cheated, although many people think otherwise. But I do think that is the only explanation needed.

If I slightly adjusted this to

What I specifically said, was that Antonio is fucking other women, so their wedding is not going to be fixed by them "going off into the sunset".
I said that you cannot fix what is wrong, because he is bisexual and already proven to not be monogamous.
He's always going to be into other women.
There is no fixing that.
what would be the difference? You say

He's never going to be heterosexual & trust does not get fixed, once broken.
which to me seems to imply than monogamous relationships with non heterosexuals (or I guess non homosexuals) will not work, and I still fail to see why.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
See, that is why I said "we seem to be talking past each other". Apparently both of us agree on all the stuff - but I feel (and certainly you too) that the essence of what I am trying to say is going into the void. So I am introducing this to explain why I don't see a difference between heterosexual or homosexual on the one side, bisexual on the other. Because I have not seen (or understood) any difference you pointed out except for the defining part "like both genders" and I don't see how "potentially likes partners other than their spouse of a different gender than their spouse" (italics are the difference to homo or hetero people) makes a difference here.
There is no difference.
Bi, homo, hetero. It doesn't matter a jot.
The person in the relationship will still find other members of their preferred sex, or sexes, attractive.
It only matters if they act upon that.

I already agreed with your point, that bi people are unquestionably going to be exposed to more opportunity for infidelity, as they have a pool twice the size.
The sentences of your OP I did not understand was
Antonio is bi. He will always be bi. He will also always be someone who cheated/cheats on his wife.
Hence there is no fixing the 2 issues at the root of the problems with their relationship.
Hence their relationship cannot be fixed.
If I slightly adjusted this to

what would be the difference? You say
The obvious difference is that he's heterosexual in your statement.
The end result is no different.
He's still attracted to other people and he's still unfaithful.
Regardless of his sexuality.
which to me seems to imply than monogamous relationships with non heterosexuals (or I guess non homosexuals) will not work, and I still fail to see why.
I don't understand how what I said causes you to infer that?
A monogamous relationship can work for a bi person, of course it can!

Him being bisexual simply means that he will always find both sexes attractive.
Him being unfaithful means he's acted on those attractions already.
An unfaithful relationship, with any person is not getting fixed.
You can patch it up and continue, but it's never going to be a true trusting, loving relationship.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I don't understand how what I said causes you to infer that?
Because it seemed to me that you were specifically referring to the men (as opposed to the women, who are the same gender as the wife) he likes being the problem. If you weren't inferring that then we are in agreement and had a failure to communicate. Two pages worth of it.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Because it seemed to me that you were specifically referring to the men (as opposed to the women, who are the same gender as the wife) he likes being the problem. If you weren't inferring that then we are in agreement and had a failure to communicate. Two pages worth of it.
I was.
Because the men are the only example of his infidelity that we're aware of.
He already has a woman. The missing piece, for his bisexual nature, is a man.
Being who he is, he could probably have fucked most of the women in Lucania if he wanted to.
Don't think we've ever heard tale of his infidelity with females, have we?
It's certainly not been presented as a contributory cause for his relationship with Isabel being on the rocks.
The infidelity of him sleeping with other men, specifically has been.
Which is why I specifically referred to the men.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes