BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021
You don't say. At first this one looks like some retarded shit like anything around this site. But those text quests take me in for whole day. After I got this story about Luna, what get me so emotional, I am even can't get this through. This is promising how some devs can write their story.

Sry for poor English, I'm trying my best.
That's the thing there are still some bangers regarding story and gameplay on this website, but this is really something special and i can't wait to see how the story progresses. :PogChamp:

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
That's the thing there are still some bangers regarding story and gameplay on this website, but this is really something special and i can't wait to see how the story progresses. :PogChamp:
I understand you.

I cannot tell about all the games on F95 (it is impossible to know everyone), but, there is only 2 that kept me just because of the story.

One, obviously, is The DeLuca Family. I don't intend to be presumptuous, but for me, Hopes made maybe the first authentic ADULT Visual Novel. Not completed yet, it is true. But has a huge potential. It is very possible that I am wrong about it, just because I do not know all projects over here.

I'm not here to discuss definitions itselfs or tags, like whats is "VN", "Sandbox", or else. For me, "Adult" is related to the story itself. That means you (the player) will be not only involved on a mindless sex plot for some hours. Many other games around are fun, but only very few can make you remember their characters. DeLucas is one of them.

Not to compare, but a example, "WVM" is classified as a VN harem story, which MC can fuck anyone who moves. Is it fun? Of course it is. But you will never see a single one character as Luna on that. Because it is not suppose to be. The female characters on WVM are, on their best, narrow, shallow, or just plain as it is. It is fun, but it is like a "gonzo" story. Nothing wrong with that, but it is like a fast food (to my perspective, of course). DeLucas is on the opposite side of that.

At this point, I believe is a character's depth from Luna (and others) is that makes a difference between this project and others, on the term "Adult VN". You can have fun, jokes, boobs, asses, and many more things at DeLucas, but not enough, you have a potential badass mafia story. "Potential", just because it is not yet a finished story.

Besides, one thing about DeLucas that makes me never complain about the time between new releases: "My name is Luna" is not a story that you can develop on one single day. It takes time. One another is that I am not supporting Hopes on Patreon, due to my poor income (never encourage your kids to be journalists, it works only on comic books! :ROFLMAO:). To me, it is a matter of respect to the dev, and the other people on this thread.

*Like the philosopher Zorlun said: "My english will make your eyes bleed" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
No, it's not weird.
I actually went through "My name is Luna twice." (first time when the update for it got released, second time when the contracts gameplay overhaul came with 0.07 where everyone needed to restart).

Not sure I have the heart to go fully through it again the third time though.
Same for me. I went through it both times as well. Don't know if I can survive a third.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Does this game have actual Sex in it or just teasing? The Genre tag doesn't really mention any.?
lol look again.

Tags.png

As to where this vaginal sex tag applies, it applies with the latest update's event "Unofficial Boss", with Eiza, a side girl.
Regarding oral sex, there are two instances, once with Isabel one of the main girls in event "A Soldier's Sacrifice" (Netori route), and another time with Sister Amita in event "What is Truly weak is Truly strong" (Ombra Mission).

There will definitely be bed action in the game with the main girls, but all in good time.
This game puts priority on its story first, so you won't be seeing girls be hungry for MC's cock early on like several games may typically do on this site.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Heh, when you've been in the threads for a while, you sort of get used to people saying really silly (or absurd, if they reach the Filius level, in which case, congratulations would be in order? :LOL: ) questions like "Where is the sex?" for story based games (not just this game, but couple of others as well).

When you get to that stage, well.... I would be

View attachment 1492857
WH3R3 I5 73H n3x7 pHL047Y 5C3N3?!
Where is the next Floaty scene?!

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
WH3R3 I5 73H n3x7 pHL047Y 5C3N3?!
Where is the next Floaty scene?!
Well, considering he's playing poker with the Serpents (and is on a never-losing win streak), I'd imagine it's gonna be a while.
Cause you know, Serpents have their ego, and when they lose they will be like "One more game" :ROFLMAO::LOL:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
meh, dev posts do nothing for me, the last update took nearly a year and everyone said "gameplay overhaul", now it already passed 7 months, and hopes is hoping he could release it before the year ends.
I am not even hating here, I love the game, I want to see more of it.
the last update was short af with 2-3 events and this one is taking so long and will also be disappointing if this one is short.
You complain that the last update was short, despite the fact that it was well communicated that it was a complete rewrite of the game, so only had a relatively small amount of main story progress as a result.
You ask if the game is abandoned, 5 posts after the dev has posted a status update, giving clear progress indicator and commentary on what he's working on.
That's not "dev posts doing nothing for you", nothing is going to do anything for you there. That's just blatantly ignorant.
It is okay to not be happy with the update content. Sure, the last update was major but did not advance the story that much. However, if you are/were a patreon, you should have more information than just the one from asking randomly "is abonnedd?" in a thread. Also I wonder how you managed to spend $100 in 6 months with a $9 patreonage ...
There you go, using that logic and "common" (?) sense again.
Doesn't work with these people, you know that.
Even their maths don't add up to support their lies about being a patron. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
it was well communicated that it was a complete rewrite of the game

Which literally no one asked for, and the whole change resulted in addition of 3 bare bones quests written not even by the dev, with characters we hear first time about and that do not influence the main story in any way, shape or form, and have no lasting consequence. If you do not want to include the main characters in the quests, why do you even add them?

Basically, a whole year of development was wasted on the fillers, and now the first content update since forever is just a few Gracie events.

Are we in the full-on "1 update per year" cycle now? Cause it will probably give a ration of 1 render/week or something like that.

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
Which literally no one asked for, and the whole change resulted in addition of 3 bare bones quests written not even by the dev, with characters we hear first time about and that do not influence the main story in any way, shape or form, and have no lasting consequence. If you do not want to include the main characters in the quests, why do you even add them?
The point of the quests is worldbuilding and flavour. In a game that's focused on the story so heavily it really matters.
As for the code rewrite maybe you didn't ask for it and it doesn't matter to you, but for some people (me included) such a change was absolutely welcome and honestly should have been there from the start. I'd rather have this system than the grind before it.
Lastly, this rewrite afforded Hopes the opportunity to clean his codebase. Even if this particular rewrite hadn't happened, it's quite possible one would have to happen eventually.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Great to hear you're doing well. My question would be:

Is light blue more or less quiet than a fish?

(Got asked this by a very young man recently and am kinda stumped)
A fish is blue, so it has the same quietness as light blue.

"To be fair this game needs no sex, i think that without sex this game is the 2nd coming of jesus christ in terms of how good the story is. If you think the game needs any sex you are a brainless idiot who only wants it to be a fuckfest, I am the best deveolper on the site cause i actually care about these things"
I just like writing stories :)
Never meant to offend you or anyone else with my writing. Sorry about that.

But I never look at what people ask. I work based on my own wishes and preferences. That will of course mean that some will dislike the direction and style, but that is just part of life. Once you start trying to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one.

About the update time. That does indeed suck and not something I am planning to keep being like this. But alas, it is what it is at the moment.

Peace.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Was scrolling back to answer some questions I may have missed. But couldn't find any questions. (Do tell if I missed it)
Also, when you guys talk about the story and the girls. I read it all (like a sneaky ghost).

I find it fascinating how you guys interpreted it all so different. Make me both excited and fearful for how you guys will react for future 'situations'

Sep 3, 2020
Was scrolling back to answer some questions I may have missed. But couldn't find any questions. (Do tell if I missed it)
Also, when you guys talk about the story and the girls. I read it all (like a sneaky ghost).

I find it fascinating how you guys interpreted it all so different. Make me both excited and fearful for how you guys will react for future 'situations'
280516_e8_0903.jpg

hey I don't have to cheat on Luna so I'm good

now all I want to do is marry her and have a bunch of babies

which reminds me boss in theory if someone would kill the redhead

without your permission how much trouble would date be in

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
HopesGaming

Well, I have a question: - Do you have planned a "reencounter" between MC and that Ombra's Quasi-capo? (on a Frenetico Tournament or on other situation?)

Reactions: JJJ84
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes