JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Dang - I was hoping he'd be more assertive and confident in general (just not to the point of undue arrogance). I guess I'll wait and check back in a few updates to see if he's revealed those layers yet or is still meek. lol. Thank you for answering though! :)
Well, he's still a mere soldato, a very very low rank in the Family, so he's definitely not in a position to be acting assertive and confident from the beginning (and he acts like he does for his own survival, to be underestimated by others).

But he sometimes does have his moments where he shows a bit of confidence and his pride as a man.

And girls, well...... their personalities are wonderful. Can't say more than that about them without talking about spoilers.

MC due to the reasons above, acts like a coward now, but the Dev, HopesGaming has said that time will come in the future where he will undergo a change.

Can't say how you would feel about that, but unless MC's personality is your only determinant for your pick in games, I'd highly recommend playing. Cause the game is well worth it.

Reactions: Zedire

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
Dang - I was hoping he'd be more assertive and confident in general (just not to the point of undue arrogance). I guess I'll wait and check back in a few updates to see if he's revealed those layers yet or is still meek. lol. Thank you for answering though! :)
Just adding to Canto Forte's suggestions, give a shot to Long Road Home, it's awesome.
As for this game, mc can't afford to be assertive in his current circumstances.

Kaelric

Oct 30, 2021
game is only in version 0.07.2 and still in alpha and there's 1067 pages... ? the hell ! it's a game of throne saga or the game is nearly abandonned ??

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
game is only in version 0.07.2 and still in alpha and there's 1067 pages... ? the hell ! it's a game of throne saga or the game is nearly abandonned ??
Version number doesn't mean squat for a lot of games in this site (there are some that do, but for several, they are not relevant).
For example, a game which was v0.35 may jump to v0.89 in the following update.

In fact for this game, upcoming update will mark the end of Season 1 (and game has had a lot of content until now).

The page numbers, it just comes to show people like discussing about this game a lot.
As to "abandoned?" Well, ask yourself this. Does the game look abandoned? :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Well, he's still a mere soldato, a very very low rank in the Family, so he's definitely not in a position to be acting assertive and confident from the beginning (and he acts like he does for his own survival, to be underestimated by others).

But he sometimes does have his moments where he shows a bit of confidence and his pride as a man.

And girls, well...... their personalities are wonderful. Can't say more than that about them without talking about spoilers.

MC due to the reasons above, acts like a coward now, but the Dev, HopesGaming has said that time will come in the future where he will undergo a change.

Can't say how you would feel about that, but unless MC's personality is your only determinant for your pick in games, I'd highly recommend playing. Cause the game is well worth it.
I quite like the 'hidden badass' trope, though for it to really work as more than just an informed attribute you need a few scenes of him getting cornered and having to unleash his real abilities, to the shock of the guy that thought he was easy prey. With nobody actually seeing this except for the schmuck who doesn't live to tell the tale of course.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I quite like the 'hidden badass' trope, though for it to really work as more than just an informed attribute you need a few scenes of him getting cornered and having to unleash his real abilities, to the shock of the guy that thought he was easy prey. With nobody actually seeing this except for the schmuck who doesn't live to tell the tale of course.
Yeah, not sure it counts as badass, but I'm quite fond of MC's scene with quasi-Capo in the Ombra mission.
Cause everyone, including Caterina, Amata, and Onorina thought he would be helpless in that situation yet MC came through and took the Quasi-Capo by surprise (since only one who knew what MC was capable of, was Gildart, due to him keeping an eye on MC since childhood).

Of course, Quasi-Capo survived in MC's case so their next encounter I am quite intrigued with, heh.

The more MC is forced into situations like this, the more he'll need to show his hand, and while MC will likely try to avoid getting into such situations (to stay, underestimated), this will surely change when he totally breaks out of his "coward" shell he is currently in.

Reactions: c3p0 and EJW

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018

Just adding to Canto Forte's suggestions, give a shot to Long Road Home, it's awesome.
As for this game, mc can't afford to be assertive in his current circumstances.
Thanks for taking the time to elaborate; perhaps I didn't convey what I meant well, so I'll try to elaborate a bit more on my end, too. :unsure:

When I said 'assertive and confident', I didn't mean in relation to his position in 'La Famiglia' - acting like an idiot in a situation where being assertive would be suicide; of course I understand if he's entry level mafioso he's gonna follow orders without question if he wants to survive. I meant assertive and confident in his personality in general. So like, comfortable with who he was, confident with the women, etc, and not a pushover who doesn't know how to handle women. Think Ian from Our Red String, for example (if you know the game).

I've just come across way too many games where the guy is meant to be 'relatable' by the player, but 'relatable' really just ends up equating to 'pathetic'. So they either have no real confidence nor experience with women, or they act in a way that makes it clear the dev doesn't know much about how a naturally confident guy acts around women... yet somehow the guy manages to get all the women regardless. I don't enjoy those sorts of games at all, and that's the main reason why I asked this question in the first place.

In short, I prefer the games that feel a bit more realistic in character behavior/portrayal all around.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to elaborate; perhaps I didn't convey what I meant well, so I'll try to elaborate a bit more on my end, too. :unsure:

When I said 'assertive and confident', I didn't mean in relation to his position in 'La Famiglia' - acting like an idiot in a situation where being assertive would be suicide; of course I understand if he's entry level mafioso he's gonna follow orders without question if he wants to survive. I meant assertive and confident in his personality in general. So like, comfortable with who he was, confident with the women, etc, and not a pushover who doesn't know how to handle women. Think Ian from Our Red String, for example (if you know the game).

I've just come across way too many games where the guy is meant to be 'relatable' by the player, but 'relatable' really just ends up equating to 'pathetic'. So they either have no real confidence nor experience with women, or they act in a way that makes it clear the dev doesn't know much about how a naturally confident guy acts around women... yet somehow the guy manages to get all the women regardless. I don't enjoy those sorts of games at all, and that's the main reason why I asked this question in the first place.

In short, I prefer the games that feel a bit more realistic in character behavior/portrayal all around.
No need to thank JJJ84, he is actually a ATDFEB, Automated The Deluca Family Encyclopedia Bot!

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020

I misunderstood your question then.
I'd say then to download and play the game, you're gonna like it. Mc is by no means pathetic, he acts quite reasonably within the confines of his circumstances.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
That he add one week to the release date each time someone brings this topic up. Also the release date isn't set in stone yet. :ROFLMAO:
Hopes hasn't been able to catch Floaty to set the date in stone, so we have to wait some more.

Totally true.
Filius doesn't really have friends, just those who are forced to bear with him. :ROFLMAO:
Even bears would rather take a chance to be launched by a trebuchet.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I misunderstood your question then.
I'd say then to download and play the game, you're gonna like it. Mc is by no means pathetic, he acts quite reasonably within the confines of his circumstances.
My experience is however that people who ask whether MC is a pushover (or similar) will be disappointed easily. And our DeLuca - while he has his moments of being assertive in the "enough is enough" style - has been called a wimp (or similar) multiple times on this thread by those looking for a "strong MC".

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

Well if that's what you were concerned about, then you have no reason to be concerned with.
MC when he interacts with women, well he's not pathetic at all.
In fact, there is one nickname that his best friend calls him in-game:

"The Perverted Demon"

Can't get as simple as that in regards to how he is around women. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

No need to thank JJJ84, he is actually a ATDFEB, Automated The Deluca Family Encyclopedia Bot!
Heh, and here I thought I was Bender, just making that awkward dance. :LOL:

ho.gif

Even bears would rather take a chance to be launched by a trebuchet.
True. Before doing that, perhaps they can give our Filius a good old kick in the guts :ROFLMAO:

funny gif of fight.gif

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
My experience is however that people who ask whether MC is a pushover (or similar) will be disappointed easily. And our DeLuca - while he has his moments of being assertive in the "enough is enough" style - has been called a wimp (or similar) multiple times on this thread by those looking for a "strong MC".
Yeah, I've seen couple of instances of people asking (or sometimes even demanding lol) when MC will get strong.

But more often than not (though I guess not always), I found games where MCs start off being "strong" fall into the trap of the Dev making the MC into a perfect human specimen (charismatic, 100% sex appeal where women all fall head over heels over him, intelligent, beast physical attributes, the whole shebang being a Gary Stu).

It's my taste that I like somewhat flawed characters as my MC than someone who is perfect (especially early game. If they are flawed in the beginning, but work towards becoming better and overcome those faults, then I'm fine with that though), but man, games which start off like that I found MCs to be the weakest link and found them to be......well bland to say the least.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game design is kinda purist in being barren for every level of progression in the game.
Take the ballerina wonderful babe.
MC gets to rehearse the most erotic scene of dirty dancing in any game,
but then any and all interactions beyond that are just dodging any interaction with her.

I mean, what the flying sloth is wrong with this game?

Then you get a wonderful scene with the most fantastic mob boss ever,
and then nada starting the next day, you are back to being a nobody.

That is not how real life mob interactions work ffs.

Once you proove yourself, you are there to stay, not thrown in the dungeon of oblivion.

Again, this is by no means scorses, not even mical bay or zak snider, but come on!!!

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
This game design is kinda purist in being barren for every level of progression in the game.
Take the ballerina wonderful babe.
MC gets to rehearse the most erotic scene of dirty dancing in any game,
but then any and all interactions beyond that are just dodging any interaction with her.

I mean, what the flying sloth is wrong with this game?

Then you get a wonderful scene with the most fantastic mob boss ever,
and then nada starting the next day, you are back to being a nobody.

That is not how real life mob interactions work ffs.

Once you proove yourself, you are there to stay, not thrown in the dungeon of oblivion.

Again, this is by no means scorses, not even mical bay or zak snider, but come on!!!
You mean "the guy who is living in the same house as the don" nobody in the "living in the house of the don with uncontrolled access to her family" oblivion?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
But more often than not (though I guess not always), I found games where MCs start off being "strong" fall into the trap of the Dev making the MC into a perfect human specimen (charismatic, 100% sex appeal where women all fall head over heels over him, intelligent, beast physical attributes, the whole shebang being a Gary Stu).
That, or a chestpunching Gorilla, who gets all the girls for free, which is a different kind of Marty Stu, but I guess also one.

Reactions: JJJ84

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
let the mc work with gotardo for a while and he becomes a badass as well, shirtless and swinging a two-pronged morningstar :cool:

4.40 star(s) 492 Votes