Abibliboop

Oct 21, 2018
I apologize in advance, but I think this is probably the largest post I’m likely to ever do here (unless I wind up developing a game or something). I’ll use spoilers to minimize the size as much as possible. TLDR Version: I have WAY too much free time on my hands at work and should probably be ignored by anyone who doesn’t want to hurt their brain cells.

Well, he was taken against his will and force drafted into their crime syndicate with no option to decline or leave, for an indefinite amount of time. WHY she did it would quite frankly be rather irrelevant to me if I were in his place. I'd rather have an average life than work for murderous mobsters, even if there is a lot of money to be had. I will wait, however, and see what's up with these assassination attempts on him, that might tide me over. But until then I consider them hostile.
100% agree with this vibe and it is my biggest complaint of the game (really only complaint so far as I like every NPC, the pacing, the setting, and the intrigue – though extremely displeased with the MC).

As an avid pen & paper gamer in my much younger days, I tend do the same.
Another long time P&P player, so figured I’d give my thoughts regarding how the MC differs from how I would prefer him to play it. What really frustrates me is that the main character just seems to say okie dokie and go along with everything and has only token push back with a minimal attempt to find out more information.

I understand these may all vary widely from the intended story being told, but the lack of these options really saddened me. What I would like the MC to say or do in certain scenes (I tend to be a pretty antagonistic person, and in the MC’s position I would double down on it for the same reasons oidex mentions above, but I genuinely hope are never implemented as it would probably get the MC killed pretty quickly for being too mouthy/rude):

pretty large wall of text, you’ve been warned 8^D
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For all my complaints about these scenes, I do actually like the game a lot and am very happy about the story development so far and this is on my short list of favorite games (though why I don’t have a dream sequence with Luna after that date I do not understand – give us the sexy dreams for our psychotic murderhobo girlfriend already!!!! and before anyone says it, yes I understand rendering scenes take time and yadda yadda and all that jazz, but I was very disappointed I didn’t get a new dream after this scene as it was probably my favorite of the game so far), but as a role player it just really irks me how quickly the MC accepts the situation and is willing to jump into it willy-nilly.
it could be, his impetuous attitude and his complaints with Cordia about treating him like a kid could suggest that he has resentment, but aside from that he seems like a nice guy, it could play out like you said, or it could lead to a early death because or his wish to prove himself as a grown man that will be the next Don, seems like the next part of the story will be Hope and Antonio going after that crazy guy I forgot the name, so that's why I think it wouldn't take long for Antonio to die if the dev goes for this storyline, he already has everything set up for it

but if he is not an asshole and he doesn't die, would be awkward to get sexually involved with Isabel, I don't think that even her would want that, she seems to really love him when she speaks about how relations usually play out with the heads of important families, would be weird to see her go full slut and cheat on Antonio, there is just no reason for it, he didn't blame her for the loss of their child and Isabel seems grateful for it
I really like the emotion that it gives us for him, but I don’t know that I agree about him being a nice guy. I really haven’t gotten that vibe from his character yet. He doesn’t like you or you being treated like more than a slave, and he is apparently dismissive of his wife. Yes he doesn’t blame her for the miscarriage, but it appears that though he doesn’t blame her, he sure as hell doesn’t do much with her now (unless my understanding of the relationship from the table scene is wrong). The wife clearly dotes on him, but he seems like a cold fish towards her to her frustration and that is why she is open towards flirting with you (again, I may be misinterpreting their relationship).

I would actually love to see his character developed further (another reason I don’t want him to die early) because I think he makes a really interesting potential antagonist (doubly so if he is the one trying to kill you) and provides potential plot hooks:

not as bad as the last one (I promise)

But yeah, in either case I guess she takes it as her responsibility and duty to take care of MC
I really don’t get this vibe from her. Yes, she needs him alive because of the contract, but other she hasn’t really proven that she is taking care of him (at least from MC point of view) beyond paying lip service to it. She is refusing to give him info about the contract even when his life is directly threatened because of it and she knows the length to which he is willing to risk his own safety by trying to find more information. She hasn’t gotten a new copy of the book that everyone lives their lives by in the families (which leaves him open to mistakes that can cost him his life). This leaves MC open to being influenced against the family by someone else getting a hold of his contract and using it against him depending on what the contract is about. She also has allowed him to be poisoned in her home (no known investigation has been done to find out who poisoned him) and placed him in a position to be used as bait for those trying to kill him (no other legit reason to have him accompany the sisters in their punishment, though my thoughts on the contract below would probably change the legit reason aspect, but from MC POV there wasn’t a good justification and he actually called her out on it somewhat).

Makes me a bit curious about what she actually knows and her motives.
Completely agree with you on this and I think the reason is probably tied to the contract.

My thoughts on the contract:

Assuming anyone has survived this, and their eyes haven’t burst out of their skulls yet, you now know a little about how my warped mind works.

Last edited:

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
@Abibliboop , I couldn't make it through the first big wall of text, but the rest was very well thought out. Even if you disagree with certain things happening within the writing, or limited choices, it shows that you truly like the story aspect. Enough so that you were willing to write a very nice (and long) theory crafting post on it. :)

As for me, I'll take it as HopesGaming delivers it to us. I like to see how an artist delivers their product without outside influence, and see the soul of their work as they bare it. They've garnered a great fanbase for this work so far, with nothing more than voyeur scenes, some humorous story writing and a unique plot. It's going to be a very interesting project to watch as it comes full circle and into fruition.

Last edited:

Abibliboop

Oct 21, 2018
@Enyos I agree, I am really looking forward to where the story goes. Minor MC frustration aside, HopesGaming has done a phenomenal job and obviously has me hooked and chomping at the bit for where we might go next. Can't wait! 8^D

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
@Abibliboop
Glad you like the game!
Normally I do not engage in these discussions as I feel that should be between the players but since you wrote such a lengthy post I feel I should give a bit insight on why I wrote some of the scenes and the mc as I did, haha.
(Not going to comment on any theories.)

MC not pushing back and the Okie-Dokie attitude:

Some extra stuff (writing style and storytelling aspects):

It's late so a lot of grammar errors and probably missed some stuff, haha. But I hope I answered most of what you were thinking about and showed you my own thoughts about the scenes and the character of mc.

Abibliboop

Oct 21, 2018
@Abibliboop
Glad you like the game!
Normally I do not engage in these discussions as I feel that should be between the players but since you wrote such a lengthy post I feel I should give a bit insight on why I wrote some of the scenes and the mc as I did, haha.
(Not going to comment on any theories.)

MC not pushing back and the Okie-Dokie attitude:

Some extra stuff (writing style and storytelling aspects):

It's late so a lot of grammar errors and probably missed some stuff, haha. But I hope I answered most of what you were thinking about and showed you my own thoughts about the scenes and the character of mc.
I'm shocked and genuinely honored that you took the time to respond to my randomness. Your answers definitely cover most of my concerns about his behavior. Like I said before my notes (and you've confirmed), pushing would probably get him killed so its a good thing it wasn't an option, and it definitely makes sense even if it frustrated me as someone who generally likes to push buttons.

The funny thing is, as much as I would like him to be more aggressive from a curiosity stand point (I want to know it ALL and know it NOW), I actually wouldn't want him to get the easy quick answers even with a more aggressive personality (asking someone who knows nothing still won't get you anything). I like the slow build up of the pace for revealing things as it keeps me intrigued and wondering about the world. Your storytelling is great, and it gives time to properly develop the character relationships, and leaves me eager for what's next.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond and help me understand the MC a bit better. 8^D

Last edited:

Cyrel

Feb 26, 2018
@HopesGaming ,
Nope not going to read any of your spoilers, i'm digging this story so far and don't wanna ruin jack. Seriously dl'd lookin for somethin different from the mc - screw her, screw him, screw them and found this jewel. Love the story so far. Keep up the good fight and much appreciated for a nice change from the same ole story told a hundred different ways.

Would love to see a story arc in this with mc getting personal training to be a bad ass by Luna, full of her antics. She seems like a fun girl. I mean I never thought about painting the bathroom with a bomb and a bucket of paint, but when I was a kid thats how I painted the clubhouse.

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
@Abibliboop @HopesGaming

Thank you guys for addressing this. I already started thinking I might have missed some critical bit of information for viewing the DeLucas with mistrust, what with half the guys here already proclaiming their eternal loyalty to Lady Cordia from the bottom of their hearts. :D

It would be great if the fact that the MC is playing the "good boy" for fear of his life would be made more apparent, maybe through some additional lines of internal monologue or something?

As a side note, if the MC's primary motivation is indeed to get out of the contract, rising in rank, thereby entangling himself more and more with the criminal underworld and committing numerous grave crimes in the process, seems like a pretty poor plan. :ROFLMAO:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I can't seem to be able to find the trigger to start "A Bottle For A Bottle". The events lists says needs Story 3 completed, yet I've already completed Story 5 and still cannot start this event. Help, please?

JaxonShade

Jun 30, 2018
I can't seem to be able to find the trigger to start "A Bottle For A Bottle". The events lists says needs Story 3 completed, yet I've already completed Story 5 and still cannot start this event. Help, please?
If I remember, Isabel says something about Wilfred having a kickass wine collection, then you talk to him about it.

Reactions: Enyos

Abibliboop

Oct 21, 2018
@Cyrel HopesGaming does a wonderful job of not spoiling any thing and just confirming the type of person the MC is and why it would be OOC to be more aggressive/assertive in his situation. Not saying you should read them if you don't want to, just that he intentionally avoids anything even remotely spoiler or speculation based (unless you haven't played everything released yet).

Completely agree with you the awesomeness of Luna and the need for a training arc. MC and Luna are like perfect opposites. She needs someone sane and down to earth and he needs someone who doesn't take crap from anyone and does whatever. Her training could be hilarious and disastrous for the MC. I see much likelihood of future groundings for the MC under her tutelage.

Reactions: HopesGaming

oasafeh

Nov 7, 2017
Is the main menu song based on a rendition of a Japanese folk song Sakura Sakura? . Have a listen to compare. The main menu theme reminds me of it!

Reactions: HopesGaming
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes