hiddink

Jul 20, 2017
I kinda want to dig in, but seeing it was updated 9 months ago scares me, do you guys have any info or it is the dev way to update??

Don_Ubba

Feb 12, 2018
I kinda want to dig in, but seeing it was updated 9 months ago scares me, do you guys have any info or it is the dev way to update??
He isn't away and I'm not if the the update will be released in 2 months or 2 weeks for that information you have to go back a few pages

Reactions: HopesGaming

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
At my Patreon page there is an F.A.Q addressing this.
"Sadly, it is an impossible thing to give an estimation on. This is my hobby and real life can tend to take priority when needed. Under 3-4 months is what would be realistic. 3 is the goal.
But I have had updates taken a lot more. That I want to improve, but alas, it can tend to happen. Hopefully in the future I am in a comfortable enough spot to go full time on this project! But for now- there is no guarantee for monthly or even bi-monthly releases
. "

The last two have been very long update times, unfortunately.
I plan for the next updates to be way quicker, but I can only advise you to wait and see if the update frequencies will change to what you want it to before you dig in to it if such is an important factor.

I'd be very disappointed if the next update has no dragons because of how long this is taking :p
There will be dragons. I promise!

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
At my Patreon page there is an F.A.Q addressing this.
"Sadly, it is an impossible thing to give an estimation on. This is my hobby and real life can tend to take priority when needed. Under 3-4 months is what would be realistic. 3 is the goal.
But I have had updates taken a lot more. That I want to improve, but alas, it can tend to happen. Hopefully in the future I am in a comfortable enough spot to go full time on this project! But for now- there is no guarantee for monthly or even bi-monthly releases
. "

The last two have been very long update times, unfortunately.
I plan for the next updates to be way quicker, but I can only advise you to wait and see if the update frequencies will change to what you want it to before you dig in to it if such is an important factor.
Previously I asked "Will any big/long events [not necessarily My name is Luna big, but still big regardless] be split into halves or even further to cater for the quicker releases, or will you be maintaining releasing these big events in full, even if it takes longer to release?"

If I'm remembering correctly, your answer back then was "larger events will be released in full, and quicker release schedule won't apply to these big events."
Is that still the plan for larger events releasing this year, or will you be changing your mind and splitting them up?

Personally, I'd prefer that the larger events got released in full even if they take longer to release (as you originally intended), cause I find that experiencing an event as a whole in one sitting helps more with the immersion (compared to splitting it).
But I understand not everyone in the DeLuca fandom may support that and some may want them to be released quicker even if they come in halves (being impatient due to the previous 2 update times).

Of course, this would also depend on how many larger events compared to how many small ~ medium size events you've got in store for us this year.

Just wondering about your thoughts on the matter.

Last edited:

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Previously I asked "Will any big/long events [not necessarily My name is Luna big, but still big regardless] be split into halves or even further to cater for the quicker releases, or will you be maintaining releasing these big events in full, even if it takes longer to release?"

If I'm remembering correctly, your answer back then was "larger events will be released in full, and quicker release schedule won't apply to these big events."
Is that still the plan for larger events releasing this year, or will you be changing your mind and splitting them up?

Personally, I'd prefer if the larger events got released in full even if they take longer to release (as you originally intended), cause I find that experiencing an event as a whole in one sitting helps more with the immersion (compared to splitting it).
But I understand not everyone in the DeLuca fandom may support that and some may want them to be released quicker even if they come in halves (being impatient due to the previous 2 update times).

Of course, this would also depend on how many larger events compared to how many small ~ medium size events you've got in store for us this year.

Just wondering about your thoughts on the matter.
Hm, not sure. Splitting up if it's possible may not be the worst thing. But if not, I will stick with a larger event with a bit longer time.
Tho, it is not the length that can be time-consuming. It is the content of the event that is time-consuming.
Story heavy with action scenes that happens on different environment will always take the longest.

Lewd scenes with, especially with famous positions, are in the easier end of things. But it is enjoyable to do after a heavy story event.

To give a more precise answer (minor spoilers);

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hm, not sure. Splitting up if it's possible may not be the worst thing. But if not, I will stick with a larger event with a bit longer time.
Tho, it is not the length that can be time-consuming. It is the content of the event that is time-consuming.
Story heavy with action scenes that happens on different environment will always take the longest.

Lewd scenes with, especially with famous positions, are in the easier end of things. But it is enjoyable to do after a heavy story event.

To give a more precise answer (minor spoilers);

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wow, thanks for sharing the process of how it all goes!
Kinda feels like you've taken us through one of those "behind the scenes" or "making of" featurettes for a film or tv show (except it's for DeLuca), haha.

Perhaps you should share this on your Patreon as well (making it public, so anyone can see).

Some people are quick to judge when they have no clue how the whole creative process works, but they may think twice about complaining when they find out how difficult/complex it all can be until the finished product/update is achieved.

Guiltyveek

Apr 23, 2021
Wow, thanks for sharing the process of how it all goes!
Kinda feels like you've taken us through one of those "behind the scenes" or "making of" featurettes for a film or tv show (except it's for DeLuca), haha.

Perhaps you should share this on your Patreon as well (making it public, so anyone can see).

Some people are quick to judge when they have no clue how the whole creative process works, but they may think twice about complaining when they find out how difficult/complex it all can be until the finished product/update is achieved.
They don't care about how complex it is, they are never satisfied, whether it's update times or story or whatever.

The creative process does sound very fun though!

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Sorry I meant more down the line, not just the next update, in like an important or lewd scene, as I'm guessing they're likely not possibly Love Interests?
At best Caterina, Onorina and Elita are side girls (only main LIs will be Luna, Gracie, Isabel and Cordia, and all other girls are side-LIs).

Caterina, and Onorina, with their convo during the Ombra event, I can certainly see them be side girls that MC possibly fools around with.
Elita though, who knows.
I mean she's friendly (well being polite and helpful) I guess towards MC, but unlike other girls we've never seen her display curiosity towards MC, or possibly display a little bit of lust towards MC (like the Amita and Amata nun sisters are).

Reactions: Guiltyveek

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
I would like to make a suggestion to the dev:

I'm just referring on this topic because I haven't seen in the latest updates from Hopes - Bugfixes.

It is known that the game has several bugs (version 0.7.2) along the progression of the story and some of them affects the playthrough (inventory, shop) and others affects the story itself - the mission "Wine for a wine".
It is very possible I'm being redundant referring on this topic, but I think it is necessary.

If Hopes does not already planned (or already did) a troubleshooting on code, I suggest, maybe after next release, to focus on just fix the bugs on code, like a 'mid-update' (this term exists? :ROFLMAO:). No new stories, no text or renders, just only bugfix. I mention this because if these bugs are not fixed sooner, it can lead to an unnecessary accumulation of glitches in the game that will increase more and more. I don't know anything on Ren'Py, so, I don't know how much time or effort it costs to the developer. On this matter, I believe that some users here would contribute (including myself) by pointing out where these bugs happen and maybe some modders or even other devs can give some hints to solve them.

In this case, it is more a compartmentalize the creative job on a new version to after, do the corrections, without thinking on story (that makes some sense? :ROFLMAO:)

It is not because I want anything with this, but because I care about the game. I really believe there are some guys on community who's don't pay for the game (like myself) that maybe would do it just to contribute the way they can at the moment.

I mentioned this as well because after version 0.7.2, no fix for these bugs has been released. It is not just about a opinion of a fan, it would be a good way to make new players have a better experience on Delucas.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021
So is this the new ICSTOR thread?..
A few questions?
1.) Is ICSTOR one person or many?
2.) Does ICSTOR talk or ask questions to people in the thread of the game or games?

If the first one is many then already this not ICSTOR level of bad. If the second answer is no then definitely not ICSTOR level of bad. If you think otherwise then you don't know the difference that is clear as day and need to change the way you think. Cause its clearly blinding your thinking.

AJSHR

Jan 12, 2019
A few questions?
1.) Is ICSTOR one person or many?
2.) Does ICSTOR talk or ask questions to people in the thread of the game or games?

If the first one is many then already this not ICSTOR level of bad. If the second answer is no then definitely not ICSTOR level of bad. If you think otherwise then you don't know the difference that is clear as day and need to change the way you think. Cause its clearly blinding your thinking.
Just give a few months now and it will be

• Angry
Reactions: Balu83

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Sorry I meant more down the line, not just the next update, in like an important or lewd scene, as I'm guessing their likely not possibly Love Interests?
Ah, I see.
There are only 4 real main girls.
The rest are on and off kind of style. Added flavor.
Some more than others.
Onorina has gotten some crowd love. Didn't except her to get that, but that means I am inclined to add her more to the lot.
Elita hasn't received much yet, but I will add her here and there to see how she will fare.

As Guiltyveek also said - sadly won't make a change.
Once some people have decided to complain then they will complain no matter if it's just or not.
Just human nature.

If Hopes does not already planned (or already did) a troubleshooting on code, I suggest, maybe after next release, to focus on just fix the bugs on code, like a 'mid-update' (this term exists? :ROFLMAO:).
Yush, already planning to add a whole 'fix it up update'. Will also contain some events tho.
Have to have the game as clean as possible before a steam release.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Ah, I see.
There are only 4 real main girls.
The rest are on and off kind of style. Added flavor.
Some more than others.
Onorina has gotten some crowd love. Didn't except her to get that, but that means I am inclined to add her more to the lot.
Elita hasn't received much yet, but I will add her here and there to see how she will fare.
Really like Onorina a lot (her really feisty personality is really engaging), so glad to find out she's getting some love.
Out of all the girls introduced in Ombra event, Elita and Onorina had some decent dialogues.

Though I noticed Alda (Wilfred's Division) didn't have much of dialogue or noticeable scene. Will we see more of her as well, or will she just be one of those girls in the background, where MC sees, but doesn't interact (compared to other side girls whom he has interactions)?

Also, I do wonder whether the DeLuca lady interrogator whom Wilfred mentioned (when MC caught Eiza) will still make an appearance. :unsure:

Yush, already planning to add a whole 'fix it up update'. Will also contain some events tho.
Have to have the game as clean as possible before a steam release.
So "fix it up update", would that include fixes for like the pixellation issues for Eiza sex scene during animation?
I think I remember you mentioning that one before as one of the issues which will be fixed.

Would be also cool if the Tutorial Contract (for when starting Contracts for very first time) was added alongside the "fix it up update", that is if you don't already have a schedule planned for Tutorial release already (bare knuckle fighting in Gina's Tavern under old Capo Vincent's orders, would be pretty cool, heh)

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 492 Votes