Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
Thank you for given so many credit about my rant! :ROFLMAO:

Of course is probably bullshit most of that, but the story seems to have very blurred lines between right/wrong, loyalty/treason, and for most important, who is a real allied/enemy on the MC's path. The situations are changing everytime and seems to be very volatile on some NPCs. All I know for sure is the MC is going to be on a blind stepping inside a minefield, everytime.
Hahaha im with you in that idea. The story that Luna tells you made me want to protect and avenge her, so if i found Wilfred, Cordia, or anyone that we know has any relation with what Luna experienced, ill go against them no doubt. Besides that my loyalty is with Luna-Gracie-Isabel (we love them and they helped us), then Cordia-Wilfred (they helped (W) but i dont like the silence about our situation) and finally Antonio in the last place (come on, die already so we can be with Isabel without fear haha)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Paco Loco

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
I actually do like Antonio and wouldn't mind a bit more character developement with him. I don't think he's truly Bisexual at all. I suspect he's gay and using Bisexual as a cope and a cover. Note i'm not one of those jackasses who thinks Bisexual isn't a thing. I just don't think it's Antonio's thing.

If he accepts his true sexuality then he'd probably be okay with MC and Isabel being together. Might even serve as a good cover for him.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I could definitely see Wilfred having a decades-long plan for what he thinks the right direction for the family is that he's been subtly steering them along, and at the climax once it's been revealed him angrily ranting that everything was going perfectly to plan before you showed up and ruined everything!

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
MC needs to man the fuck up. :cool: All this killing and he is still a boy. BTW I read your post a few weeks back and you must have still been sick when you typed it, you gave me COVID o_O:sick: , all over it now and feeling better.
All jokes aside Thanks HopesGaming and looking forward to the update.
Technically, he only killed that one guy who was gonna kill Luna in the Straffan mission, and that was more of a reflex action he did to protect Luna.
He's never been in a position where he's killing someone with actual intent.

There's also the matter of him relying on his "striving to be underestimated" using his cunning (as stated by Gildart).
Hopes said later he will go a transformation of sorts in terms of his character, so the "man up" probably won't happen until that phase, as well as his rank increasing from a lowly Soldato.
My guess is that probably won't happen until he is either a mid-level Elite Soldato or Quasi-Capo.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
I could definitely see Wilfred having a decades-long plan for what he thinks the right direction for the family is that he's been subtly steering them along, and at the climax once it's been revealed him angrily ranting that everything was going perfectly to plan before you showed up and ruined everything!
And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that meddling Chad!

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
I agree at least about Wilfred. In fact in the scenarios playing out in my head right now Wilfred is a biiiiig catalyst.

Picture this: At this point in the story the MC is either having a full fledged affair with Isabel OR....there's a ton of circumstantial evidence to make it appear so. The end result is the same. There is now a very easy and very powerful way to make Antonio an enemy to the MC.

Gracie seems to have as much affection for Antonio as she does for Luna. Granted I remain unconvinced how much of that is authentic. One of the staples of the high-functioning psychopath/sociopath is the ability to fake emotional connections very convincingly and to "love bomb" the targets of their affection. The people they want to possess. That fits Gracie to a T right now.

So if it is revealed that the MC is having an affair with Isabel(Whether it's true or just being implied through circumstantial evidence) this would immediately move Isabel back onto Gracie's shitlist. The whole reason she was there to begin with is that Gracie thought Isabel was cheating on Antonio.

It would also give Antonio cause to want to kill the MC(separate from whoever else is already trying). So what happens if Antonio goes to kill MC but Cordia...for whatever her mysterious reasons....refuses to allow it? Well we might just have the grounds for a DeLuca civil war right there. It could even be a cold war for a while. They could still be sitting at the dinner table together even as lines are being drawn and sides are being picked.

What if when the time comes Gracie has a choice....Team Cordia where she will forever be refused the chance to join the Family business....or Team Antonio where she will be given free reign. Where she will be free to target Isabel. Where she can finally become the thing Cordia fears most and the thing Wilfred longs to see: The one true worthy heiress to Cordia. At least in Wilfred's mind.

Which would be exactly why Wilfred made sure to point Antonio toward the clues about Isabel. Because he knew it would force a schism and Gracie would choose the side that finally lets her evolve beyond Cordia's rigid control. Because Steel can only be forged in Fire.

With high functioning psycho/sociopaths, the moment they feel like they have lost control over you...the moment they think they no longer possess you...all that love bombing affection they showered you with can turn into cold blooded apathy/white hot murder-rage on a dime. If...in that moment where Gracie chose Team Antonio...Luna even hesitated to join her or outright chose to stand by the MC on Team Cordia well...now we have us a Gracie Vs Luna scenario being hinted at in that "Portend" scene.

Additional wedges can be driven between Gracie and the MC by her discovering the hidden cameras, whether she finds them on her own or with Wilfred's nudging her in their direction just like he did Antonio. Psycho/Sociopaths have fragile egos. Getting outmaneuvered like that just adds more fuel to the antagonistic fire. We already saw just quickly all the affection Gracie has shown for the MC was replaced with cold-blooded apathy the moment she merely suspected he had outplayed her. Imagine her reaction when she gets confirmation that he outplayed her?

Maybe she could respect that. Maybe she'd think she's finally found a man worthy of impregnating her. But she might have to work through some cold-blooded apathy/white hot murder rage before she gets to that point. lol

Don't get me wrong now. There are degrees of psychopathy. Maybe Gracie does have some level of genuine love for Luna and Cordia and the MC(and maybe even isabel) that would keep her from going "too far". But a psychopath's idea of "too far" and your idea of "too far" may not necessarily mesh well.

It could all still come out to a loving reconciliation in the end. Maybe Antonio finally comes out of the closet and the Deluca family's reunited power is enough to force the other families to accept this just as they were forced to accept female leaders. But there's plenty of room for drama and conflict and betrayal on the path leading to such a conclusion.

It's all just speculation and theory, of course. A fun way to pass time between updates. But I think this is a highly plausible scenario given what we already know and what's been hinted and teased so far.
I don't think either of the girls will turn but anything is possible. Gracie might be a little understanding considering she now knows that Antonio has been cheating on Isabel and is bisexual or gay. Obviously it's just an assumption, perhaps a hopeful one that will keep me from being skinned. Antonio might be understanding as well all things considered. The family could use this and they stay married for public perception, and Isabel would have an in house lover to keep her happy.

I actually do like Antonio and wouldn't mind a bit more character developement with him. I don't think he's truly Bisexual at all. I suspect he's gay and using Bisexual as a cope and a cover. Note i'm not one of those jackasses who thinks Bisexual isn't a thing. I just don't think it's Antonio's thing.

If he accepts his true sexuality then he'd probably be okay with MC and Isabel being together. Might even serve as a good cover for him.
I agree don't know if that's the direction Hopes will go, but seems like a possibility.

You could be right. He certainly seem to have his own agenda, but is he doing it to cause problems inside the family or is he simply doing what he thinks is best for the family.

Obviously can't wait to see the plot move forward and perhaps get some answers or more likely just some new suspicions.

Aug 14, 2021
Mine probably is a bad/poor theory.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I really appreciate anyone that took time to read my bad theory. I know, probable im wrong, so any comment ill gladly reading you all. And sorry my bad english hahaha.
I dont want to spoil anyone so ill put hide in spoiler.
Not a bad theory. I feel the same way. It is possible. Truthfully just about anything is possible. It is only limited by Hopes imagination. Which is not limited at all.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Rovenant
Aug 14, 2021
Well, the best characters are the ones that you see grow with time, you see them face every problem and learn and then you can develope more empathy to them. For example when Luna tells you her story it, at that point you are really commited to help her or know more about her, because it feels as that trust was build with time and effort.
But yeah, we all want the MC to grow and do more everytime, but if thats made too quickly then it will not be the same. I loved the scenes with every character because this game was not "ch1 you have everyone and they love you".
Yes. The main characters have to start from some where and grow. Unless you want something unrealistic. Granted a lot of stuff in movies, shows, games and characters have unrealistic stuff to them, but character development is a must. Or you will get shit like the Sequel Trilogy of Star Wars.

• Red Heart
Aug 14, 2021
Not invalid points but i think both are manageable. There's plenty of ways to put a character in a villainous role yet still have them interacting in non-violent ways with other characters. Soap Operas have done that for decades. Also pretty much every CW Show. Granted, CW is trash TV but...this ain't exactly highbrow entertainment. lol

I can even see a few scenarios in my head already for how it could all play out, devolve into open civil war, and still end with everyone happily reconciled and forgiving each other. If we're going with multi-season long story arcs.Especially considering how many years it takes to get just part way through one season. That's plenty of time to do some storycrafting.
You are right. It is possible for Gracie to be an antagonist, but still not stop lewd scenes with MC. Gracie looks at people kind of like possessions. Like everyone in her circle are their for her and her alone(basically). So you really think she will not "play" with her toy(MC)? The thing is though it may be possible for her to be an antagonist, but not a true one. She is not evil and she would never truly turn on those close to her. She is inherently good. She just a sociopath who may not understand how her actions may be perceived by others.

Aug 14, 2021
I agree at least about Wilfred. In fact in the scenarios playing out in my head right now Wilfred is a biiiiig catalyst.

Picture this: At this point in the story the MC is either having a full fledged affair with Isabel OR....there's a ton of circumstantial evidence to make it appear so. The end result is the same. There is now a very easy and very powerful way to make Antonio an enemy to the MC.

Gracie seems to have as much affection for Antonio as she does for Luna. Granted I remain unconvinced how much of that is authentic. One of the staples of the high-functioning psychopath/sociopath is the ability to fake emotional connections very convincingly and to "love bomb" the targets of their affection. The people they want to possess. That fits Gracie to a T right now.

So if it is revealed that the MC is having an affair with Isabel(Whether it's true or just being implied through circumstantial evidence) this would immediately move Isabel back onto Gracie's shitlist. The whole reason she was there to begin with is that Gracie thought Isabel was cheating on Antonio.

It would also give Antonio cause to want to kill the MC(separate from whoever else is already trying). So what happens if Antonio goes to kill MC but Cordia...for whatever her mysterious reasons....refuses to allow it? Well we might just have the grounds for a DeLuca civil war right there. It could even be a cold war for a while. They could still be sitting at the dinner table together even as lines are being drawn and sides are being picked.

What if when the time comes Gracie has a choice....Team Cordia where she will forever be refused the chance to join the Family business....or Team Antonio where she will be given free reign. Where she will be free to target Isabel. Where she can finally become the thing Cordia fears most and the thing Wilfred longs to see: The one true worthy heiress to Cordia. At least in Wilfred's mind.

Which would be exactly why Wilfred made sure to point Antonio toward the clues about Isabel. Because he knew it would force a schism and Gracie would choose the side that finally lets her evolve beyond Cordia's rigid control. Because Steel can only be forged in Fire.

With high functioning psycho/sociopaths, the moment they feel like they have lost control over you...the moment they think they no longer possess you...all that love bombing affection they showered you with can turn into cold blooded apathy/white hot murder-rage on a dime. If...in that moment where Gracie chose Team Antonio...Luna even hesitated to join her or outright chose to stand by the MC on Team Cordia well...now we have us a Gracie Vs Luna scenario being hinted at in that "Portend" scene.

Additional wedges can be driven between Gracie and the MC by her discovering the hidden cameras, whether she finds them on her own or with Wilfred's nudging her in their direction just like he did Antonio. Psycho/Sociopaths have fragile egos. Getting outmaneuvered like that just adds more fuel to the antagonistic fire. We already saw just quickly all the affection Gracie has shown for the MC was replaced with cold-blooded apathy the moment she merely suspected he had outplayed her. Imagine her reaction when she gets confirmation that he outplayed her?

Maybe she could respect that. Maybe she'd think she's finally found a man worthy of impregnating her. But she might have to work through some cold-blooded apathy/white hot murder rage before she gets to that point. lol

Don't get me wrong now. There are degrees of psychopathy. Maybe Gracie does have some level of genuine love for Luna and Cordia and the MC(and maybe even isabel) that would keep her from going "too far". But a psychopath's idea of "too far" and your idea of "too far" may not necessarily mesh well.

It could all still come out to a loving reconciliation in the end. Maybe Antonio finally comes out of the closet and the Deluca family's reunited power is enough to force the other families to accept this just as they were forced to accept female leaders. But there's plenty of room for drama and conflict and betrayal on the path leading to such a conclusion.

It's all just speculation and theory, of course. A fun way to pass time between updates. But I think this is a highly plausible scenario given what we already know and what's been hinted and teased so far.
I can't see her becoming a true antagonist. She may not not look it, but she does care what Codia, Luna and MC thinks. Its not an act. She does care for them. She just lacks understanding. She think on a level most people can only dream of, but no matter how great your thinking ability nor the amount of knowledge you have can compete with wisdom. Wisdom is the combination of knowledge and understanding. Without understanding their will always been pitfalls cause of what she calls "Operating on faulty knowledge." It takes understanding to realize that the knowledge you have may not be enough to know the whole picture. When it comes to Antonio he is a true psychopath. As long as he feels betrayed, or held from what he believes is naturally his, there is no turning back. There is no reconcilliation that can be had.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Hits in the mob are always the ones the targets never see coming.
There is always another boss your boss can go to and get a hit on you approved.
There are always contract killers to do the hits.
Most assassins are never made made men because it puts a target to their name.
MC and the others in his ”class” of nobodies are quality cannon fodder one can lose and forget.
Many game tropes revolve around mind gaming your hired help, blackmialing them, molesting them.
Feels like this teddy bear is yet to have adventures being of help to his ”family”.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Thrill'n Flares

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You could be right. He certainly seem to have his own agenda, but is he doing it to cause problems inside the family or is he simply doing what he thinks is best for the family.
My guess would be that he is loyal to the family, but not any of the members of the family, even Cordia. The family is bigger than any one person, even the boss. If she needs to be replaced for the good of the family, so be it. I suspect that if he wasn't loyal she would have sniffed that out, which would mean that either he is loyal to her or to the family as an abstract. It would make for a more interesting villain than one with purely selfish motives, I'd say.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
I can't see her becoming a true antagonist. She may not not look it, but she does care what Codia, Luna and MC thinks. Its not an act. She does care for them. She just lacks understanding. She think on a level most people can only dream of, but no matter how great your thinking ability nor the amount of knowledge you have can compete with wisdom. Wisdom is the combination of knowledge and understanding. Without understanding their will always been pitfalls cause of what she calls "Operating on faulty knowledge." It takes understanding to realize that the knowledge you have may not be enough to know the whole picture. When it comes to Antonio he is a true psychopath. As long as he feels betrayed, or held from what he believes is naturally his, there is no turning back. There is no reconcilliation that can be had.

I don't doubt for a minute that Gracie cares about everyone. It's just the way she cares and the reason she cars that I suspect.

It's like the analogy I made a few pages back. To a psychopath, you and me are just videogame NPCs. Like what Luna and Gracie are you to and me.

We all felt horrible for Luna when we played her flashback story....despite the fact she doesn't effing exist!! lol. She ain't real but we all still hated what "happened" to "her".

Because Luna may be a non-existent figment of the imagination but she has become one of the favorite non-existent figments of the imagination of everyone here.

But if Hope killed her off in the next update...would any of you truly mourn her? Mourn her the way you would mourn an actual loved one like a good parent or spouse? Heck, would you even mourn her as hard as you'd mourn your dog?

No. I hope. If any of you answer that 'yes' then please get help. :eek:

But for the sane people reading this, the answer is No. lol. Of course not. We might be mad enough to boycott the game and leave a bag of burning dog poop on Hope's front door but that's about it.

Well I suspect that right now...THAT is how Gracie sees Cordia, the MC, Wilfred and even the MC. Maybe Antonio too.

Luna i'm not 100% sure about. I THINK Luna may be the one person Gracie truly loves...but i'm not 100% convinced. The way she obviously manipulated Luna even as a little girl during the pacifier flashback was the scene that made me realize even as a child Gracie was willing to manipulate her big sister into doing something that got her hurt and look at her with total cold indifference. By the time Gracie hugged her I figured she was just doing what was expected, and ingratiating herself to her favorite NPC. Scoring some "Affection Points" just like we seek to do with both the girls when we play. lol

This goes to my theory about why Cordia is letting the MC cat his way around her daughters. Just as she wants him to help Isabel heal from her losses and help Luna overcome her Trauma/Self-loathing...she wants MC to help Gracie connect to her empathy. Cordia is hoping MC can help Gracie discover her humanity. Learn how to truly connect to people other than Luna(if indeed, her connection to Luna is authentic).

In the real world that might not be possible but in a world with rollerskating bubblegum ninjas, who knows? Never under estimate MC's co...lossal love.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I don't doubt for a minute that Gracie cares about everyone. It's just the way she cares and the reason she cars that I suspect.

It's like the analogy I made a few pages back. To a psychopath, you and me are just videogame NPCs. Like what Luna and Gracie are you to and me.

We all felt horrible for Luna when we played her flashback story....despite the fact she doesn't effing exist!! lol. She ain't real but we all still hated what "happened" to "her".

Because Luna may be a non-existent figment of the imagination but she has become one of the favorite non-existent figments of the imagination of everyone here.

But if Hope killed her off in the next update...would any of you truly mourn her? Mourn her the way you would mourn an actual loved one like a good parent or spouse? Heck, would you even mourn her as hard as you'd mourn your dog?

No. I hope. If any of you answer that 'yes' then please get help. :eek:

But for the sane people reading this, the answer is No. lol. Of course not. We might be mad enough to boycott the game and leave a bag of burning dog poop on Hope's front door but that's about it.

Well I suspect that right now...THAT is how Gracie sees Cordia, the MC, Wilfred and even the MC. Maybe Antonio too.

Luna i'm not 100% sure about. I THINK Luna may be the one person Gracie truly loves...but i'm not 100% convinced. The way she obviously manipulated Luna even as a little girl during the pacifier flashback was the scene that made me realize even as a child Gracie was willing to manipulate her big sister into doing something that got her hurt and look at her with total cold indifference. By the time Gracie hugged her I figured she was just doing what was expected, and ingratiating herself to her favorite NPC. Scoring some "Affection Points" just like we seek to do with both the girls when we play. lol

This goes to my theory about why Cordia is letting the MC cat his way around her daughters. Just as she wants him to help Isabel heal from her losses and help Luna overcome her Trauma/Self-loathing...she wants MC to help Gracie connect to her empathy. Cordia is hoping MC can help Gracie discover her humanity. Learn how to truly connect to people other than Luna(if indeed, her connection to Luna is authentic).

In the real world that might not be possible but in a world with rollerskating bubblegum ninjas, who knows? Never under estimate MC's co...lossal love.
I'd have to disagree there.
You're questioning whether all of Gracie's affections are genuine. Don't know about her affections towards others, but regarding them towards her family and Wilfred?
I'd say it is (and Gracie isn't even my favorite girl).

With kid Gracie in a pacifier faking a cry and getting an anger emotion out of kid Luna (that Luna tried to kick Wilfred and hurts herself), I interpret it simply as Gracie's own ways to play a prank on Luna (I mean Gracie's greatest strength is her intelligence, so it makes sense that her pranks would have some degree of manipulation), like how siblings growing up plays prank on one another.
When I saw that event, all I felt was the siblings having fun which got a little bit out of hand with Gracie's prank.
Didn't feel anything malicious by it.

Also, there is the fact that (as stated by Wilfred to MC) Gracie was the only person Luna could trust and relax around when she returned from the captivity of the Mysterious 6 as a child (Luna couldn't trust anyone, including Cordia, Antonio or Wilfred due to what she went through).

Wilfred says Gracie was "Luna's Light" & this is further emphasized by Luna as she finishes telling her flashback story. She basically says the following (while Gracie cuddles on her lap, sleeping or pretending to sleep):

"She (Cordia) was never the same after that (Lucan's death).....I didn't just kill my dad.... I also killed my mother...... Gracie...... she's the only one I have left.....She's my light..... she's my Sofia."

That kind of trust from Luna and being able to relax, is incredibly difficult to maintain unless their love is genuine both ways.

Even other than that, there are several other instances where Gracie shows affections towards Luna (whether it's body language, like getting a piggyback on Luna's back on Portend or volunteering to help Luna with her vengeance against the Mysterious 6 etc). They may argue, tease, prank (in Gracie's case, manipulating Luna by her words), but I'd say it's all genuine.

So let me try to understand you correctly........ you don't think Gracie genuinely loves her mom (Cordia), or her Uncle Wilfred, or her brother Antonio or MC?

Uhh, that I'd have to disagree again.
I mean, Gracie already has a scene with MC, when he drives both sisters to town where Gracie tries to make new friends (event "The Friends of my Friend are my Friends").

Gracie worries she might not be able to make new friends, and MC touches her thigh comforting her saying "That's hurtful."
Gracie replies saying "Sorry, you'll always be my number one friend." and whispers to herself in affection saying "I'll never let go of you (MC)."

At worst, Gracie sees MC as her number one friend, and most likely something more than that.
Regarding other members of the family (Cordia, Wilfred, Antonio), there might have been decisions made that Gracie herself doesn't agree with or understand (as to why Cordia doesn't let her work for the Family), but the game till now has shown no scenes hinting at deception with malice or others that may harm her family (or Gracie thinking her family as playthings or chess pieces. No scenes like that either).

In the end with Gracie, all I see is a brilliant yet troubled girl who has some issues that need to be solved.
Issues which Wilfred aptly points out in the "Portend" event, that she is "rather incompetent on matters regarding human interaction & socialization." (along with Luna, Isabel, and Cordia's issues as well).

I'd guess this is due to living a very sheltered life of not interacting with much people outside Luna, or her Family.

Hence she just doesn't know how to properly behave around people in general (and both Cordia and Wilfred are relying on MC to improve Gracie in what she lacks to have a more normal human relationship).
And due to this, she clearly is not very good at displaying her empathy.
But I don't think that automatically means she completely lacks empathy or is void of humanity (resulting her being an antagonist or deceptive mastermind in all matters). That feels like way too much of a leap in my eyes.

I don't mean this as any offense, but it kinda feels like you're taking that one scene in "The Blizzard Princess" event where Gracie pulled a joke with her twisted sense of humor on MC (with the cold, killer eyes look) a bit too literally, letting it influence how you view Gracie's other scenes (which to me looked pretty harmless for most part..... shrugs).

Last edited:

Yoheijin

Jan 28, 2022
Why i can't equip any item? [AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'name']

Anyone can help? (Android v 0.7.2 ported by: 0011 )

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
Adding to some of the things I said in my theory (same as yours) if we think about all the Serpent thing (like superhuman abilities) and Cordia change in her personality to this Ice Queen we know, all the dots lead to some weird training. So it's not strange to imagine someone trying to make 'the perfect soldier/boss's like the Marvel justification in experiments (Hulk, Captain America, etc).
Then if we think about who seems more into that kind of thoughts and who was involved with everything that happened the only answer I can't find is Wilfred.

This really looks like the path of the hero. You take someone with talent (MC, Luna, Gracie) then you face them to pain (M6, The Woods, The thing that made MC resistant to poison/the present) and the will choose to adapt and survive (Like SAW movies). But they can be broken, like Luna, and maybe Gracie too?, even Cordia looks like someone that left her emotions to survive (think of that as a failure). So the MC can be another intent to the same goal (I really believe that M6 will abduct you sooner or later) or he can be seen as the only one with chances of saving the broken family.

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
How dare you suggest that anyone other than Luna is the #1 girl. Get him Luna-tics!

Gracie might have the nicest ass though. :sneaky:
They'd make up for a really good sandwich...I'll use Luna and Gracie as fillings while Cordia and Isabel as the covering. Yummm!.....Let me have a bite. * lustful smack *...NOM-AHH !

I just tasted all of them at once. What a lusty sandwich!

Edit : Th-They just orgasmed in my mouth!!!

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes