JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
With love and respect Hope, the rank names could use some work :)
Not sure why you quoted my post regarding this, and you'll need to elaborate on where the rank names need the work (cause pretty much almost all the ranks given in the game are the formal ranks very much used in an actual mafia family):

Ranks in the game:
Associate → Soldato → Elite Soldato → Caporegime / Wilfred's Division → The Four Serpents → Consigliere → Capo Bastone → Don (or Donna in DeLucas' case)

Also, Quasi-Capo isn't an actual official rank.
It's just a term some characters refer in game as to an Elite Soldato who is almost at the point of getting promoted to Caporegime (such as the Ombra Quasi-Capo that MC fights in the Ombra mission, as well as Pelata, Biondo, & Grey in DeLucas).

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
With love and respect Hope, the rank names could use some work :)
Like JJJ said, "quasi" is not the official title. "Capo" is, "quasi" is just the adjective.
It's a latin term, meaning: "apparently but not really; seemingly, e.g. quasi-American.", or "being partly or almost, e.g. quasicrystalline."

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCrimsonRevenger

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
I usually don't post, but I played this game a lot in the last couple days. Really liked it, unsurprisingly, and before I go on and on about it in my mind, I might as well write my thoughts down lol.

Great art, characters and setting, didn't mind the missions. The comedic scenes and dialogues were awesome, the scene where Gracie meets her new friends was probably my fav. Started off with Luna's story since she intrigued me the most and her arc didn't disappoint. "My name is Luna" was something else and I probably had my fist clenched in my pocket for a while after. I really liked Isabel and her events as well and also went for the netori path, something that hasn't spiked my interest at all so far in any other game. Probably because I don't really feel like part of the family yet and I could easily see myself leave with her once the contract thingy is sorted (and the M6 are done for).

However while I generally sympathise with the MC, some reactions kinda irked me, esp. after Luna found out about him investigating her past and after Gracie figured him out after Blizzard princess. He seems incapable of admitting any wrongdoings. It was mostly fine until now, but his cockiness/egoism started bugging me a little. He's forcing these situations thinking he knows what is best. I would have liked him to speak up at the restaurant instead, when the others were making fun of Luna. Did he really think she would freak out? Luna, who stayed calm when Gracie and Jalen were low-key threatening each other after their meeting? Granted, the date was still early in the story and he might have not known her that well.

A couple reality checks here and there wouldn't hurt I think haha. Let the girls have some wins that go beyond a simple push in the water. Just hope the relationships don't completely turn into one-way-streets for anything other that lewds, like hero MC healing the DeLuca girls.

Nevertheless, great game which got me hooked instantly. Can't wait for more!

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
However while I generally sympathise with the MC, some reactions kinda irked me, esp. after Luna found out about him investigating her past and after Gracie figured him out after Blizzard princess. He seems incapable of admitting any wrongdoings. It was mostly fine until now, but his cockiness/egoism started bugging me a little. He's forcing these situations thinking he knows what is best. I would have liked him to speak up at the restaurant instead, when the others were making fun of Luna. Did he really think she would freak out? Luna, who stayed calm when Gracie and Jalen were low-key threatening each other after their meeting? Granted, the date was still early in the story and he might have not known her that well.

A couple reality checks here and there wouldn't hurt I think haha. Let the girls have some wins that go beyond a simple push in the water. Just hope the relationships don't completely turn into one-way-streets for anything other that lewds, like hero MC healing the DeLuca girls.
You've only cited the restaurant example, so I don't know how many "wrongdoings" you're referring to, but regarding MC's date with Luna, there are more or less 2 answers I can think of why MC didn't speak up towards those other restaurant customers (who were talking behind Luna);

1) MC at that point (of the date), was a lowly associate.
He had no real rank which people would be recognizing him for, and had no reputation in the family. So even if he spoke out, most likely case is that those people will basically snicker at him and even ridicule Luna (indirectly, since they'd not dare to cross her directly) further saying to themselves that Luna is making MC tell them off.
One would need a great reputation & power to silence those people, and MC has none of that (I'd imagine he'll start getting those aspects when he gets to Capo rank or above).

which leads to my second point;

2) MC at that point (and even now), acts while being cunning and tries to not draw attention to himself, making everyone "underestimate" him (like Gildart refers to in Ombra mission).
And speaking up in a restaurant full of people will no doubt draw attention to himself, and most likely undermine what his current survival instincts are telling him.
He also states in the scene itself he didn't want them (him and Luna) to "cause off scene" there.
His main concern was Luna exploding at those people (because as you said this was still before MC found out who Luna truly was with 'My name is Luna' event), but him directly interfering by speaking up against those people wouldn't have helped matters with his own situation (but instead he tries to calm Luna down and gets her to leave which was the right choice I think).

So yeah, while in my heart it would have been nice to see MC speak up for Luna, at his current position it is pretty understandable why he didn't do so.
He's just no ready, not until he transforms out of his "need to be underestimated" survival mindset and rises in rank and reputation.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Like JJJ said, "quasi" is not the official title. "Capo" is, "quasi" is just the adjective.
It's a latin term, meaning: "apparently but not really; seemingly, e.g. quasi-American.", or "being partly or almost, e.g. quasicrystalline."
Actually given the archaic italian/latin influences of game's internal culture, the latin origin of the word makes it make a bit more sense. It didn't occur to me that they might be using it in it's literal latin meaning. I mean I knew what it meant but I never really registered that it was a actual latin term with a clear definition. So it struck me a bit odd when everyone just started casually using/accepting the term.

Reactions: whichone

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
However while I generally sympathise with the MC, some reactions kinda irked me, esp. after Luna found out about him investigating her past and after Gracie figured him out after Blizzard princess. He seems incapable of admitting any wrongdoings. It was mostly fine until now, but his cockiness/egoism started bugging me a little.
Amusingly enough, the characters who do dislike the MC in the game dislike him for the exact same reasons. lol

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
You've only cited the restaurant example, so I don't know how many "wrongdoings" you're referring to, but regarding MC's date with Luna, there are more or less 2 answers I can think of why MC didn't speak up towards those other restaurant customers (who were talking behind Luna);

1) MC at that point (of the date), was a lowly associate.
He had no real rank which people would be recognizing him for, and had no reputation in the family. So even if he spoke out, most likely case is that those people will basically snicker at him and even ridicule Luna (indirectly, since they'd not dare to cross her directly) further saying to themselves that Luna is making MC tell them off.
One would need a great reputation & power to silence those people, and MC has none of that (I'd imagine he'll start getting those aspects when he gets to Capo rank or above).

which leads to my second point;

2) MC at that point (and even now), acts while being cunning and tries to not draw attention to himself, making everyone "underestimate" him (like Gildart refers to in Ombra mission).
And speaking up in a restaurant full of people will no doubt draw attention to himself, and most likely undermine what his current survival instincts are telling him.
He also states in the scene itself he didn't want them (him and Luna) to "cause off scene" there.
His main concern was Luna exploding at those people (because as you said this was still before MC found out who Luna truly was with 'My name is Luna' event), but him directly interfering by speaking up against those people wouldn't have helped matters with his own situation (but instead he tries to calm Luna down and gets her to leave which was the right choice I think).

So yeah, while in my heart it would have been nice to see MC speak up for Luna, at his current position it is pretty understandable why he didn't do so.
He's just no ready, not until he transforms out of his "need to be underestimated" survival mindset and rises in rank and reputation.
Fair points regarding the date.
Not sure if "wrongdoings" is the correct word here, english is not my first language. What I meant was behaviour like quoted two posts above this one. Luna is (imo) rightfully mad at him and Gracie made a fair statement he'd better not be making moves behind her back and he responded by making them feel bad and like it's their fault. Same with his reaction after Luna finished her story and wanted to leave the room. Just a bit too much for my own liking. All in all it gives me the impression MC's relationships to those two are not at eye level.

So while when it comes to individual characters, for now Gracie and especially Luna are a bit ahead of Isabel, when it comes to relationships, I much prefer MC - Isabel. It simply feels more balanced to me. Just played her events again with couple different choices and I like the dynamics between them, the constant back and forth. Though who knows what might still come for Isabel's character, she is a black hole after all.

And fwiw, yes I noticed the "too weak" comments and I don't get those at all haha. While he's trying to stay under the radar, I never got the impression this whole Mafia/Underworld business would impress him too much. But that's just me.

Aug 14, 2021

Like JJJ84 said it partly has to do with him being cunning and likes being underestimated. The way MC is now is cause of what went on in his past and because (apparently)he takes after his father in the womanizer department. Hopes has already talked about how MC will go through a change in the future cause of the events that transpired. Basically everything we need in an MC. A cunning underestimated womanizing MC who has character development. You normally don't get that with an MC.

Reactions: Rovenant

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Fair points regarding the date.
Not sure if "wrongdoings" is the correct word here, english is not my first language. What I meant was behaviour like quoted two posts above this one. Luna is (imo) rightfully mad at him and Gracie made a fair statement he'd better not be making moves behind her back and he responded by making them feel bad and like it's their fault. Same with his reaction after Luna finished her story and wanted to leave the room. Just a bit too much for my own liking. All in all it gives me the impression MC's relationships to those two are not at eye level.

So while when it comes to individual characters, for now Gracie and especially Luna are a bit ahead of Isabel, when it comes to relationships, I much prefer MC - Isabel. It simply feels more balanced to me. Just played her events again with couple different choices and I like the dynamics between them, the constant back and forth. Though who knows what might still come for Isabel's character, she is a black hole after all.

And fwiw, yes I noticed the "too weak" comments and I don't get those at all haha. While he's trying to stay under the radar, I never got the impression this whole Mafia/Underworld business would impress him too much. But that's just me.
English isn't my first language either.

I'm guessing you're referring to the 2 events "My name is Luna" (where MC tries to inquire about the Mysterious 6 from Wilfred, and Wilfred tells Luna about it making her mad, and how he responds after she tells her captive story) as well as "The Blizzard Princess" (where Gracie scares the bejesus out of him with that twisted "I'll hurt you" joke).

Well, some people may not like those scenes, but I feel pretty different about them.

1) Luna finds out MC wants to know about Mysterious 6:

Sure, Luna was 100% in the right, and even MC admits to himself saying "I poked my nose in where I didn't belong."

But I feel how MC acted (pretending to be mad following Pop's advice) was pretty necessary for Luna's arc in general. MC pretending to be mad brought a fair amount of needed levity (their interactions in the living room) before the whole very, very heavy and sorrowful story with the flashbacks.
If MC hadn't acted the way he did (and for example, just apologized), he would have never gotten Luna to open up to him.
By pretending to be mad and with the result of ongoing interaction with Luna, he was able to ask the question:

"Luna, why it it so bad that I should know of your past?" (or something along those lines).

2) MC's reaction after Luna tells her story:

Now this is a topic that I've seen mentioned few times before, with some people saying "Oh he's being insensitive and acting like an asshole to her."
But again, I see it differently.

After hearing Luna's story, MC says "I will help."
But Luna says "Don't be stupid. I've said my story, so soon we can all just go back to how we were before." (okay, not exact, but something along those lines)

Basically, she was shutting down his notion (not in any offensive way) that he will actually help her and was trying to divert his attention elsewhere.
In Luna's perspective, I guess she was trying to protect MC by dissuading him, but MC needed her to wake up and realize he's gonna help her no matter what (show her that he's stubborn).
Could he have tried to convey his reasoning in a more gentle way?

Perhaps. But there's no telling whether Luna would have listened to him in that approach.
With the way he acted, he really hammered his point across to her that he will not relent in his action of helping her (regarding Mysterious 6).
And some may disagree, but in my eyes that's exactly what Luna needed to hear (which Gracie eventually said saying "MC is not like mom or Uncle Wilfred. He will help you even if it makes you upset that he's not listening to you.")

3) Gracie's twisted "joke" after reconciliation with Isabel:

Yes, MC is using the cameras (or audio recorder, depending on player choice. I'm on cameras since I find it to be a much more interesting option), and he definitely is in the wrong doing that.

But she still made a joke in which she said "I will...... hurt you." which scared the shit out of the MC.
While it's not wrong for Gracie to possibly accuse MC of doing something behind her back (like spying on them), that sort of joke noone will find funny, and MC being upset with Gracie about it (when she says she was just kidding), I find to be a pretty normal behavior.

Having said that with the way Gracie is, one can say it's partly due to how sheltered she got raised, lacking in socialization and she lacks in understanding what people find acceptable or not.

So all in all, I find how MC acted in all situations to be acceptable.
Yes, he was in the wrong in all of these situations, but he's just doing what he has to do; whether it's to dig for the truth, making his point crystal clear across, or showing how a person generally reacts to another person acting in a scary way.

Isabel, I find to be.......... okay.
Her arc I find to be the least interesting out of all the main girls (for me, most interesting girl is Luna, then Cordia, then Gracie, then afterwards Isabel), but everyone's preferences will differ.
Some will prefer Luna. Some Gracie. Some Cordia, and others Isabel.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
I am being forced to play this over again but WHEN if ever do we get to be with or start a relationship even with the assassin Princess Eiza Carnefice?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I am being forced to play this over again but WHEN if ever do we get to be with or start a relationship even with the assassin Princess Eiza Carnefice?
Well Eiza is one of the side girls, and at the end of the game's current content, there is a sex scene with MC.
And yes, it is hinted that there is at least some degree of attraction Eiza feels for MC too (after what he does for her with the Ombra mission).

• Red Heart
Reactions: 7empest5teele

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Well Eiza is one of the side girls, and at the end of the game's current content, there is a sex scene with MC.
And yes, it is hinted that there is at least some degree of attraction Eiza feels for MC too (after what he does for her with the Ombra mission).
Still just hints huh, I was at that when I played this last time, before I failed to transfer all of my games to my new 4TB NvME drive, I would like to develop a lot with that character and the MC, but its like she is forgotten about right after their scene together

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Still just hints huh, I was at that when I played this last time, before I failed to transfer all of my games to my new 4TB NvME drive, I would like to develop a lot with that character and the MC, but its like she is forgotten about right after their scene together
Well, the game's main girls are Luna, Gracie, Isabel and Cordia.
So of course Eiza won't get as much development as the main girls (as said before, she is a side girl, like Amita, Amata, and likely characters like Caterina, Onorina, Lelianna etc etc).

Some looks of affection she gives to the MC, she decides to follow him as her unofficial boss, and yes they have sex, much not much more than that, yet.

It's probably best that you just play through the game (kinda hard to describe it without being all spoilery lol)

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
English isn't my first language either.

Yes, MC is using the cameras (or audio recorder, depending on player choice. I'm on cameras since I find it to be a much more interesting option), and he definitely is in the wrong doing that.

This is the only part of your post I strongly disagree with.(And whoever else you were agreeing with)

It's easy to forget one critical thing here: The MC is the Deluca's prisoner.

Sure, the cage they keep him in is big and beautifully gilded. His jailors are kooky and funny and sexy. But the fact remains he is caged, and they are his jailors. He has been forced into a position where he needed to murder a man and that experience was deeply traumatic for him. He's staunchly against ever repeating it.

So much so that even during the Ombra raid when he was fighting for his own life and the life of an innocent girl he was still relieved to realize that he did not kill the man who had been trying to kill him. And given what he know about how calculating the MC is, it's safe to assume that his whole improvised plan for that fight was INTENDED to take down his target in a way that was as minimally likely as possible to actually kill him. Imagine how much more easily he might have turned the tables on that scenario if he'd been fully willing to seek a lethal solution. Instead he increased the risk to himself, the girl, and the mission trying to find the least lethal path to victory. Kinda like Batman. lol. Even though it's stupid that Batman won't kill, you can respect how much more effort, struggle, and skill it demands to fight while trying to avoid lethality as much as possible.

In no way, shape, or form is the MC wrong for trying to get knowledge and leverage on the people who have forced him into a dark, dangerous, violent lifestyle that he has repeatedly made clear he wants no part of.

It's easy to forget these facts. I forget too sometimes. I mean at this point I think the MC's continued efforts to free himself are a case of the dog chasing the car. He wouldn't know what to do with it if he actually caught it. When he started he genuinely and fully wanted out but now he's so conflicted that he's doing it because he doesn't know what else to do. Maybe he just wants the choice at this point, even though we all know he's already chosen. He's under the Deluca spell now. Stockholm syndrome can be funny that way. lol.

But however much we may all come to like the Delucas they have forced the MC into some horrible situations. And they won't even tell him why. So yeah...he is completely in the right to spy on them and try to get back at least the illusion of control over his own life.

Last edited:

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
I usually don't post, but I played this game a lot in the last couple days. Really liked it, unsurprisingly, and before I go on and on about it in my mind, I might as well write my thoughts down lol.

Great art, characters and setting, didn't mind the missions. The comedic scenes and dialogues were awesome, the scene where Gracie meets her new friends was probably my fav. Started off with Luna's story since she intrigued me the most and her arc didn't disappoint. "My name is Luna" was something else and I probably had my fist clenched in my pocket for a while after. I really liked Isabel and her events as well and also went for the netori path, something that hasn't spiked my interest at all so far in any other game. Probably because I don't really feel like part of the family yet and I could easily see myself leave with her once the contract thingy is sorted (and the M6 are done for).

Nevertheless, great game which got me hooked instantly. Can't wait for more!
Interesting review. Mostly i think the same.

About the MC i have two thoughts:
1- The MC was forced in a strange, caotic and violent world. There he is not the smartest, he doesnt have any unique skill (at least so far), he isnt the best at anithing. A lot of people kind of except a lot from him and he doesnt know who can be trusted. In that point, even if he trust more the girls than the other characters, he is still on guard. The reaction of Gracie, for example, it was really unexpected, so it feels like he tried to cover his own lies to "survive" that situation. With Luna i felt like he wanted to act and made a mess, but he didnt because she doesnt need help and doesnt want help.
2- Usually in VN the MC is always right, and know and understand more than anyone. The "unique" aspect of MC in any game is a cliche (not neccesarily a bad one) that was avoided here. Here we have a human being dragged in this world, but like you and me, a normal person with fails that feels more "real" because of that.

So i feel like you are right, but what you see is the idea in this game, make you feel that MC is like any civilian (at least for now) not only in the fights but also in his personality.
But it was an interesting review. Lets see how the MC keeps developing his personality and skills together.

Reactions: schinoize
4.40 star(s) 504 Votes