Jul 17, 2019
To a degree i understand your disappointment, but with the fact that gaming development is not his full time job, The fact he has a life outside of game development and work, and he got covid it makes sense that we would get long waits on updates. He is one person not a whole team. There is also the fact that sense i do not know coding at all it makes me not wanna look like a dick and complain about something I have no knowledge about. Hell for all we know there could have been other things happening in his life that we are not privy to. I find its better to be understanding than let dissapointment nor my emotions get the the better of me. Such things take a toll on a person's health. lol
While (as I stated), delays beying inevitable as it is a part time thing, it has ALWAYS been a part time thing. It was also a part time thing while the updates took only 5 months. Covid also doesn't make you unable to work for 6+ months (which is how much longer this update has taken compared to every other not counting the system rework).
This dev post I'm quoting under here, was the devpost of November 5th, where it's stated that, while a release that month was unlikely, they would be extremely disappointed with themselves if the update wasn't out before the new year.
If being extremely disappointed with yourself if the update wasn't out before the new year, how must they feel at this point now the update still isn't out 3 months into the new year.

This only leads me to the conclusion that Hopes has lost motivation to work on the game. Which would be fine, such is life. It would be disappointing if this game didn't end up finished, but at the speed it's going right now, I doubt that will ever be the case. I hope to be proven wrong in the updates after this one.

Luna Event (Lewd + Story) - 95%
Gracie Event1 (Story) - 100%
Gracie Event2 (Lewd)- 99%
Gracie Event3 (Story + Lewd)- 99%
Gracie Event4 (Story)- 89%
Gracie Event5 (Lewd)- 10%
Story Event (season finale) - 2 %
Misc - 35%

Notice that I added another lewd section (event5) as I felt the ending of Event4 deserved a lewd ending due to how it concluded.

Decent progress overall with all things considered, but with that said release this month release sadly does not seem likely. I simply wouldn't be able to do the things I have in my mind this month. But, I would be extremely disappointed with myself if I wasn't able to release before the new year. I want season 1 to be done before the new year!

Reactions: Kracken36

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Just one small annotation

Covid also doesn't make you unable to work for 6+ months
This will always depend. Usually it is correct, I know people who worked through it in quarantine via remote work. However, I could also get you in touch with someone who caught it in April 2020, nearly two years ago, and still hasn't recovered well enough to do real work. Probably not the case with Hopes, or he would have told us, but when stated this comprehensively it is an incorrect assumption.

Yoheijin

Jan 28, 2022
Still can't equipt any equipment, event if i forced to edit my save pc_equipment (1/0) : (1), my equipment isn't equiped. Are there another fixed android port?

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Some quick, nosy, interruptions from my part -

- I have not lost motivation for the game. My mind is still filled with more ideas than there is time for, and there are still plans to jump full time on this.

- I wouldn't say the game has had a 'rework'. It was more an add-on of new gameplay mechanics, with some few redone here and there. Otherwise, the main game hasn't been touched. There was always plans to expand the gameplay part the of the game.

- I've always said that this is a hobby project and the time is due to that. I've made that clear on the front page of my patreon and been very open on that here too.
Of course, that is not optimal for people that like the game and want it out quicker, but until I jump into this full force, it is what it is at the moment.

However, what I have to admit fault to is; keeping my mouth shut about when I feel like I can release the game. I always get optimistic about how work has been done, and I feel like I got a timeframe. But due to a combination of underestimating the work, real life stuff, work hours, and deciding to change/add content - it takes way longer.
Should just shut my mouth until I've given it to the beta testers!
Worst part is that I always say this, but I keep giving personal estimation anyway. Maybe it is a sickness in my brain. But no more! My mouth is shut!

Btw, I feel like the game should be done before this month is over. That is where I will give it to the beta testers that is.

Sep 3, 2020

- I have not lost motivation for the game. My mind is still filled with more ideas than there is time for, and there are still plans to jump full time on this.

- I wouldn't say the game has had a 'rework'. It was more an add-on of new gameplay mechanics, with some few redone here and there. Otherwise, the main game hasn't been touched. There was always plans to expand the gameplay part the of the game.

- I've always said that this is a hobby project and the time is due to that. I've made that clear on the front page of my patreon and been very open on that here too.
Of course, that is not optimal for people that like the game and want it out quicker, but until I jump into this full force, it is what it is at the moment.

However, what I have to admit fault to is; keeping my mouth shut about when I feel like I can release the game. I always get optimistic about how work has been done, and I feel like I got a timeframe. But due to a combination of underestimating the work, real life stuff, work hours, and deciding to change/add content - it takes way longer.
Worst part is that I always say this, but I keep giving personal estimation anyway. Maybe it is a sickness in my brain. But no more! My mouth is shut!

Btw, I feel like the game should be done before this month is over. That is where I will give it to the beta testers that is.
master I have been training as you commanded when are you going to let

me kill the redhead

no one touches

Luna no one

Jul 17, 2019
However, I could also get you in touch with someone who caught it in April 2020, nearly two years ago, and still hasn't recovered well enough to do real work.
There's always outliers. People also say "smoking kills" as a fact, but my grandma smoked for 80 something years and still made it to 97. It's more of a generalisation that, well over 98% of people are not out of work for 6+ months. And while (very rarely) possible, odds are that they are not.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
It's human nature to underestimate the task at hand. While we are all disappointed it's not out already, such is life. It's only a game, and an AVN at that. Don't feel too bad about it. Anyone who gets upset over such things on F95 really needs to get a life.

Let's see if it's really a lesson learned...

D'oh! That lasted not even 10 seconds. :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
A story as long as time, known to every person who ever worked in IT or project management - never, ever, EVER remake your entire product. It is never worth it unless it is a post-completion patch to make it look prettier when all else is done and you are polishing the result.

You are losing temp and speed of the development, you are not creating any new value (only remaking the existing content), and only make it harder to return into the development process after you done remaking it (if you ever are).

Never. Remake. Your. Product. Keep going until it is complete, than think about polishing.
Meh, this is quite case dependent imho. Considering I've modded more titles than I care to admit where the dev SHOULD halt all new progress and completely overhaul their code (sometimes I actually do it for them). This is because many of these devs start their project knowing little to nothing about RenPy and/or Python, usually "borrowing" code snippets from their favorite works here and there creating a complete mess, or they don't plan out their entire story plot before initiating it (winging it as they go, unsure or undecided of an ending). For lack of a better metaphor this early in the morning, it's much like cooking a fine dinner... if you fuck up grilling the ribeyes don't start baking the damn pie for dessert yet, get some new steaks and knock them out proper, get your ass back on track of the original plan and then proceed.

The bottom line is that project organization and execution doesn't have just ONE proven recipe as there will certainly be speedbumps along the way that SHOULD be addressed when met, not delayed or otherwise "skipped/bandaid/hacked" to temporarily resolve until "I can get back to them later"... later (in these cases) rarely comes. If every project was done exactly as you suggest then we'd have nothing but CallOfDooty-esque polished turds.

This is all subject to opinion of course so you do you. Your opinion is not invalid, but neither is mine... what I DO know is how to successfully plan, initiate, execute, and complete a project as polished diamond and not simply a perfumed hog waiting to become delicious bacon at some unknown date in the future. Regards.

Edit note - My comment above is about projects in general, and not necessarily anything to do with this VN. Regards.

Last edited:

Desoba

Jun 16, 2017

Hello Hopes, I am no one. Like literally, I am neither a supporter nor knight for this game in this forum. Most I can be is "admirer" I admire your work of art first of all. Story nice visuals nice. Everything is screaming "I am unique piece"

Reason I'm writing this is, you mentioned sickness. Sickness of giving optimistic dates etc. I am experiencing same with my social life too. I am telling , to myself in the first place, Im gonna pass this classes this semester. Yet I'm still in my 9th year at this university. Pog. And this semester It's really gonna happen and Im gonna get that piece of paper. I'm coming to the main topic now.

I know you want best, and I hope you get what you want at the end. I read your reply in fear to stumble upon "I'm losing my motivation" thankfully you did not. Keep working that ass off, not for us man, do it for yourself. :) After all this ended everybody can f*ck off, but you will carry this work with you all of your life.

Before closing my letter, Im not the only one! there is bunch of weirdos here thinking the same.
Will be waiting for good news
Cheers.

• Red Heart
Reactions: HopesGaming

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021

I found F95 and this kind of VN when the pandemic started, and it really blowed up my mind the high quality of games that you all are making here. This VN particularly its one of the five best VN i found here, so i wanted to say thank you for all your hard work. Your hobby made me happy in this darker times, so thanks for sharing your talent with us :giggle:

Jul 27, 2020
Just for clarification regarding the food poisoning event with the MC.

- Everyone was pretty surprised when Cordia invited the MC to sit with them since they didn't expect him to be invited with the table. So what's with the poison? was the original target really the MC? or was it accidental and the target was someone else? Since everyone was pretty surprised that He was invited, wouldn't it cross out the main family from being the suspect since they have no knowledge beforehand of Cordia wanting to invite the MC? or did the perpetrator predicted Cordia's action?

or is there a significant amount of time from the invitation to the dinner table where those who would target the MC could be notified by a traitor and immediately prepare the poison to be specifically given to the MC?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Paco Loco

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
Just for clarification regarding the food poisoning event with the MC.

- Everyone was pretty surprised when Cordia invited the MC to sit with them since they didn't expect him to be invited with the table. So what's with the poison? was the original target really the MC? or was it accidental and the target was someone else? Since everyone was pretty surprised that He was invited, wouldn't it cross out the main family from being the suspect since they have no knowledge beforehand of Cordia wanting to invite the MC? or did the perpetrator predicted Cordia's action?

or is there a significant amount of time from the invitation to the dinner table where those who would target the MC could be notified by a traitor and immediately prepare the poison to be specifically given to the MC?
Yes, that's true. But, I still think all that drama around the poisoning does not change a simple fact: if anyone of the high ranks of the family was decided to kill the MC, especially Cordia, he would be dead so quickly as a finger snapping. That said, it is possible a presence of another traitor inside the lower ranks (like Trino) could explain the poisoning on dinner. Even if one of the core family was involved (Cordia, Wilfred, Antonio, Luna, Isabel and Gracie), just one of them could fit on the profile - Wilfred.

- Cordia doesn't need to secretly poison a guy who's was invited by herself on her own dinner table. More than that, she would not like the stains of blood and a dead body on her carpet (like Trino) :ROFLMAO:;
- Antonio is described all the time as a hothead capobastone, not a sneaky poisoner :mad:;
- Luna is a force of nature, a death by poison is too boring for her :cautious:;
- Isabel is not involved in any family's business and nothing on story indicates that she has any abilities on combat, or killing - it will be a surprise for me if she has any involvement on plotting against MC or other members of Delucas :unsure:;
- Even Gracie was being trained by Wilfred on the family's business, but on the dinner, she doesn't knows almost nothing about the MC. She knows that he is a hostage, but for what purpose she would kill him? :unsure:
- Wilfred, who was not on the scene (the dinner), is the only could fits on the criteria of a mastermind that could did it - not by himself, but in cooperation with a third party - and that gives another tons of questions without answers, yet. :whistle:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

Would have wanted the update to come sooner, but it is what it is.
Still very much looking forward to the update.

Regarding you mentioning ETAs, well I guess this could be something you can look back and chuckle at a lot when your releases transition to quicker yet shorter releases.

And speaking of quicker yet, shorter update releases, any goal as to how often the releases would be after v0.08?
Some devs release their game updates like clockwork (either 1 update every month or even 1 update every 3 weeks; e.g. games like Rebirth, Ataegina, A Father's Sin), which would be awesome if that is the case, but I also wouldn't mind 1 update every 2 months (quicker than the general 3 months, but longer than 1 month, allowing for more content. That sounds like a nice compromise in between).

Reactions: Game Bond

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018

What? Nothing about Connie? Really? The mods should really marks this aband..........:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jish55

Nov 23, 2017

As someone who's been supporting you on Patreon for over a year now, my two cents are that real life always has priority, and the fact you've been communicating with the people on a pirate site tells me that this is for passion, which has led to some of the best storytelling I've ever seen in a game. Does it suck we didn't get the release earlier? Sure, but again, real life comes first, so I get it.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes