Sep 3, 2020
you wanted to say
capo di tutti i capi - I have been training as you commanded ... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

right? :cool:
technically I have to call him Master because he's the one training me to fight and protect Luna

you want to know how
HopesGaming trains me to be fast enough to dodge gunfire he shoots at me

that's why he created the redhead

he wanted me to bring out my anger

he wanted to use my rage to make me strong

Hopes knows that I care only for Luna and no one else

which is fine with him because he's the leader of the Luna fanbase after all

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Would have wanted the update to come sooner, but it is what it is.
Still very much looking forward to the update.

Regarding you mentioning ETAs, well I guess this could be something you can look back and chuckle at a lot when your releases transition to quicker yet shorter releases.

And speaking of quicker yet, shorter update releases, any goal as to how often the releases would be after v0.08?
Some devs release their game updates like clockwork (either 1 update every month or even 1 update every 3 weeks; e.g. games like Rebirth, Ataegina, A Father's Sin), which would be awesome if that is the case, but I also wouldn't mind 1 update every 2 months (quicker than the general 3 months, but longer than 1 month, allowing for more content. That sounds like a nice compromise in between).
Hmm, probably 2 months and 3 months for the story heavy ones.
Nothing for certain as of yet.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Are you trying to lump us in with you camera boys? Huh? Huh? You big creep! That audacity!

We planted just audio recorders, unlike you. MC probably is gonna be punished equally for both choices when they find out. But what we did was something that would make Cordia angry and then kick us in the sack. What YOU did was something that deserves at least three angry kicks in the sack and a crushed nut.
No, I only placed audio, because it was the lesser of the two options open to me.
I felt that, of the two choices, it was the one that was the least bad.

But the point I am making, is that the people you spied on will not know that it was the "least" bad option.
As far as they are concerned, your choice was to spy on them, or not.
How you went about doing it is irrelevant, to that.
They just know that you chose the bad option. So what if there was a worse option? It doesn't make the bad one any better.
It is still the same end result, because you still betrayed their trust & spied on them.
From our point of view it matters, morally.
From their point of view it does not matter, because it does not exist.
It's Hobson's Choice.

I am not downplaying the greater severity of video, I'm simply saying do not downplay the transgression of audio.
If the punishment for spying on them is death, then it does not matter how you spied, you're still going to die.
Yes, video is worse.
Audio is still a death sentence.
But, hey! At least we get to die with honour (or regret), knowing we didn't invade her privacy & watch Gracie masturbating.
We just listened. Yeah, we've got the (im)moral high ground.... :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Think of it like this:
Person A & Person B both do things which make you hate them.
Person A did something worse which makes you hate them more.
Does this make you hate Person B any less for what they did?
They're still a cunt & you still hate them, just the same.
If you remove Person A from that completely, then you're left with what Cordia would face if she discovered you'd placed audio.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets
Aug 14, 2021
While (as I stated), delays beying inevitable as it is a part time thing, it has ALWAYS been a part time thing. It was also a part time thing while the updates took only 5 months. Covid also doesn't make you unable to work for 6+ months (which is how much longer this update has taken compared to every other not counting the system rework).
This dev post I'm quoting under here, was the devpost of November 5th, where it's stated that, while a release that month was unlikely, they would be extremely disappointed with themselves if the update wasn't out before the new year.
If being extremely disappointed with yourself if the update wasn't out before the new year, how must they feel at this point now the update still isn't out 3 months into the new year.

This only leads me to the conclusion that Hopes has lost motivation to work on the game. Which would be fine, such is life. It would be disappointing if this game didn't end up finished, but at the speed it's going right now, I doubt that will ever be the case. I hope to be proven wrong in the updates after this one.
That is your assumption. I know i have no clue what is going on in his real life. Stuff happens. He also is trying to figure out what form he will have this game on steam when he has finished season 1. Also you do know getting covid stops you from doing what your normally which means your habits. We all form habits that keep us on track. When someone's habit is broken it makes getting that habit back a little hard. Adding to the fact we don't know what is going on in his real life nor his ACTUAL job. Judging him for not getting an update out really late is not actually called for. Especially when we do not pay. To say he has lost his motivation for this game that is the assumption you come up with. Even though you do not know all the facts. I don't blame you. People tend to think the facts they know are more than enough to hit the nail on the head even though there is no reason to think so. Also he more than likely wants to make sure we get a good amount of content and polished renders before he puts the update out. If it were around the end of April or even the middle of April then yeah i would start thinking yeah this aint a good sign. I always felt like worst case scenario was we getting around the end of march. We just started the end part of march. Also Its been a bit since we lost heard from Hopes. So i figured we either we will hear from him in a few days or the update. Im still hopeful. If we don't have an update or an update on the update by around the beginning of april then yeah some worry will be there, but still would be mostly hopeful.

Edit: After I posted this I see hopes already typed about whether he lost motivation. I figured with someone questioning his motivation he would show up. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: maxxlim
Aug 14, 2021
There's always outliers. People also say "smoking kills" as a fact, but my grandma smoked for 80 something years and still made it to 97. It's more of a generalisation that, well over 98% of people are not out of work for 6+ months. And while (very rarely) possible, odds are that they are not.
That is cause health of the person is what takes precedents. We were told that even "healthy" people got hit badly with covid. That is not science unless it was a genetic attack. Many people look healthy, but do not exercise nor eat right. We are told this system or that system works best for our health. They are all shams cause sceince shows we need to eat a certain amount while getting the right nutrients and exercising while not overdoing it. We are told lies mingled with truth to scare us. You realize how crazy ou world is when you know the truth.

Aug 14, 2021
Just for clarification regarding the food poisoning event with the MC.

- Everyone was pretty surprised when Cordia invited the MC to sit with them since they didn't expect him to be invited with the table. So what's with the poison? was the original target really the MC? or was it accidental and the target was someone else? Since everyone was pretty surprised that He was invited, wouldn't it cross out the main family from being the suspect since they have no knowledge beforehand of Cordia wanting to invite the MC? or did the perpetrator predicted Cordia's action?

or is there a significant amount of time from the invitation to the dinner table where those who would target the MC could be notified by a traitor and immediately prepare the poison to be specifically given to the MC?
That is why its likely that that one was about testing him. Not saying Cordia new, but pretty sure she suspects "like I do" It was Wildred with his "behind her back" tests he does. Hell the malfunctioning breaks in the car ride their screams the same. But of course right now just speculations till confirmed or debunked by Hopes through the updates in the game.

Reactions: whitewolf11111

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
If the punishment for spying on them is death, then it does not matter how you spied, you're still going to die.
Yes, video is worse.
Audio is still a death sentence.
And if the punishment for spying on them is not death, but the punishment for peeking on the girls is, then what? You can assert that 'the punishment for spying is death either way', that does not make it so.

Reactions: Thrill'n Flares
Aug 14, 2021
I am not misunderstanding anything. You specifically wrote about me making a comparison.
I did not make one. I gave an analogy.
This is the not the first time you've written something, then subsequently claimed not to have meant what you wrote. You did the same when you stated that only video was creepy, then back-tracked to say both were.
I understand exactly what you write. You just seem to write statements which convey other things than what you intend.
If what you wrote is, again, not what you intended to say, then you are miscommunicating.

No-one has ever said that video is not worse than audio. You're making an argument against something which no-one has said. :FacePalm:
I have explicitly stated that it is worse, numerous times & you have the audacity to accuse me of not reading? That's rich! :LOL::ROFLMAO:
What I am saying (for the umpteenth time!) is that it does not matter that one is worse than the other, if the outcome is death either way.
It's like saying getting 2 life sentences is more than 1. *In literal terms, not legal ones.
Is it, though? Really? No-one can serve more than 1. So the punishment is the same, either way.
1 life sentence, 2 life sentences, 20 life sentences, 200 life sentences. All = 1 life sentence.

Again, because that's a comparison & no-one has attempted to do that. :FacePalm:
Are you intentionally displaying ignorance? Or do you simply not understand the difference between an analogy & a comparison?
I made an analogy of one situation where the amount & method does not matter because the outcome is still the same, in relation to another situation where exactly the same premise is true.

How are you unable to grasp the simple, basic logic in the premise of the analogy? :FacePalm:
There is no relevance to video being worse than audio. It does not matter a jot if you are killed for being a spy, either way.
Precisely the same as it does not matter if the murderer killed 10, or 20 people, he's getting executed either way.
I declared that it was an intentionally extreme example. I also gave a far more low grade example, of someone stealing one chocolate bar, or two.
They're still a thief, or a mass-murderer, or a spy, either way.

I let it slide that you called it "illogical logic", but perhaps the fact that you do not understand this basic principle explains why you're having such difficulty following extremely simple, basic logic.
It's either illogical, or it's logical.
There is no such thing as "illogical logic". Being illogical makes it the antithesis of logic.
It cannot be both.

Whatever your reason, I've explained it in simple enough terms for most to understand, yet you're still unable to grasp it.
I'm clearly wasting my time in trying to help you with understanding, it does not seem that you have the necessary comprehension skills.
I cannot explain it in any more simple terms, so I will stop now & spare you the embarrassment.
Good luck out there.
First i never "backtracked." Backtracking is changing what i was saying. I clarified cause i messed up what i had typed. Everyone uses backtracking as changing what someone meant cause they realized they messed up and should change it to look better. I admitted i messed up what typed not what i meant. I am human who can be stupid. I'm not perfect, but hat has nothing to do with meaning explaining time and time again that it depends on the people doing the sentencing. That is why i typed that you don't seem to read everything i typed. Cause i explained it multiple times which nothing you typed disproves that.

Dude an analogy is a comparison. How do you not know that!!! How can you analogize something but not compare in some sort of way. If an analogy has no comparison between the to then how are explaining their relevance to one another?

How does one not get worse consequence for something that is worse than another? When it comes to life you can't quantify life. That is why you can't even compare the number of kills of two cold blooded killers. You are the one who does not understand. cause i have said it depends on the person who is doing the sentencing that matters. When it comes to "illogical logic." I use that as saying someone thinking they are being logical but are being illogical. Meaning There thinking is off and they do not realize it. Just cause people do not use those terms together cause its a weird redundancy does not not mean people do not understand what i mean. I have explained it clearly that it depends on the people who are doing the sentencing. Not everyone will detach themselves from the situations hence why i said a father is more likely to "rip a dudes arm off and beat him with it" instead of just beating him. If just recording the father may beat the dude, but depending on how angry he is the beating would vary with different people. Not everyone looks at things the same way. That is why different people will handle things differently. You are stuck in your viewpoint while i am looking at the whole picture with thinking about how different people look at it. Also you seem to think an analogy can be an analogy without comparing one comparison to another.

If you are wondering why i was redundant in this one its cause you seem gloss over that point without addressing it.
So yeah unless you figure out a way to actually disprove what i typed in this one you have not embarrassed me. I am annoyed that you made into a broken record though. :ROFLMAO:

Draco0

Apr 20, 2020
For the android version I'm getting this when I try to equip clothes

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
  File "game/code/inventory.rpy", line 53, in __eq__
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'name'
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
  File "TSpecial/Introduction.rpyc", line 529, in script call
  File "TSpecial/Introduction.rpyc", line 797, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 299, in script call
  File "code/map_instances.rpyc", line 25, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1949, in execute
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1937, in call
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 277, in call
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen/renpy.display.render.c:6805)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 361, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 675, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 500, in render
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 336, in render
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 336, in render
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1283, in render
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1265, in update
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1341, in condition_switch_show
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1334, in condition_switch_pick
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
  File "<none>", line 1, in <module>
  File "game/code/inventory.rpy", line 53, in __eq__
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'name'

Weltmeister

Jan 22, 2018
Hmm, probably 2 months and 3 months for the story heavy ones.
Nothing for certain as of yet.
I don't mind getting an update every 6 to 9 months. More content at once and that way it feels like a holiday everytime. Plus it's not like I have nothing else to look forward to in my life. The games I play are very rarely updated, but quality over quantity. The only thing that bugs me is the sheer number of games getting abandoned after a promising start. But since you are in contact with the community and seems to still enjoy what you are creating, that will probably not be the case for TDLF.

Jul 17, 2019
That is your assumption. I know i have no clue what is going on in his real life. Stuff happens. He also is trying to figure out what form he will have this game on steam when he has finished season 1. Also you do know getting covid stops you from doing what your normally which means your habits. We all form habits that keep us on track. When someone's habit is broken it makes getting that habit back a little hard. Adding to the fact we don't know what is going on in his real life nor his ACTUAL job. Judging him for not getting an update out really late is not actually called for. Especially when we do not pay. To say he has lost his motivation for this game that is the assumption you come up with. Even though you do not know all the facts. I don't blame you. People tend to think the facts they know are more than enough to hit the nail on the head even though there is no reason to think so. Also he more than likely wants to make sure we get a good amount of content and polished renders before he puts the update out. If it were around the end of April or even the middle of April then yeah i would start thinking yeah this aint a good sign. I always felt like worst case scenario was we getting around the end of march. We just started the end part of march. Also Its been a bit since we lost heard from Hopes. So i figured we either we will hear from him in a few days or the update. Im still hopeful. If we don't have an update or an update on the update by around the beginning of april then yeah some worry will be there, but still would be mostly hopeful.

Edit: After I posted this I see hopes already typed about whether he lost motivation. I figured with someone questioning his motivation he would show up. LOL
That is cause health of the person is what takes precedents. We were told that even "healthy" people got hit badly with covid. That is not science unless it was a genetic attack. Many people look healthy, but do not exercise nor eat right. We are told this system or that system works best for our health. They are all shams cause sceince shows we need to eat a certain amount while getting the right nutrients and exercising while not overdoing it. We are told lies mingled with truth to scare us. You realize how crazy ou world is when you know the truth.
You seem overly mad, just for me questioning whether the slow update timer is a motivation issue or something else. Unlike most devs Hopes does not post a status update often, and the status update's date of release has been passed by a few months, I was just curious what the problem was.

Also, you come at me for "not knowing all the facts" or "assuming the facts". Where did I state ANYTHING as a fact besides when I had actual PROOF backing me up. I gave my opinion or personal conclusions multiple times, none of them are stated as fact though. I even said "my own conclusion" before them.

Only things I stated as facts -

Increasing time between updates (true, backed up by update times)
Months past original intended release date (true, backed up by release date estimation in update post)
Supposed to be a smaller update instead of a big one (true, backed up by Hopes themselves saying the update schedule is 1 large update, followed by several smaller updates, to go back into a large update.)

With a large update being the previous update, this one should be a smaller update, which is also what we were promised while waiting on the previous update, that the subsequent updates would come in a reasonable timeframe. I do not consider "the longest update ever by quite a large margin", to be within a reasonable timeframe. Also, this is not coming from someone who only pirates the game. I used to be (and still am) a patron of this game.

Also, I'm pretty sure you missed the fact that I know the game is not abandoned, and I delays are inevitable. I understand these things.
However, I do reserve the right to personally be disappointed in the progress of the updates. Coming from multiple updates in a year to 2 updates in nearly 2 years, is a significant decrease.

Reactions: FlarpCommander

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
It's pretty ironic for someone with the user name "FanOfEcchiSensei" talking about any other developer's delays.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Unlike most devs Hopes does not post a status update often,
He posts one status update per month.
I think that's fine (yes, there are some devs out there who post status updates every week, but I don't really think that's really necessary), and there are devs of some games I play that adapt that same approach as well, so it's not really an issue for me.

However, I do reserve the right to personally be disappointed in the progress of the updates. Coming from multiple updates in a year to 2 updates in nearly 2 years, is a significant decrease.
Well, if you're disappointed, you're disappointed. Neither myself nor anyone else should tell you to feel otherwise if that is how you really feel.

Having said that, I guess I can sort of understand Hopes' situation?
Several factors came into play in why there's delay in the update (which I won't go over, since I'd imagine plenty of people stated it already).
And DeLuca isn't even the first game I'm playing which went through a long delay (there's at least 2 other titles I love which went through delays of similar length or even a bit longer).
Sometimes there are things that happen which makes the delay inevitable that the dev can't control.
Fan in me wishes the update came quicker, but it is what it is.

Hopes did say though that after v0.08 releases, he'll transition his release format to quicker yet shorter releases (updates normally being 1 per 2 months, but story heavy content might be 1 per 3 months), so only thing I can hope for is that he sticks to this new schedule for a long time even past 2022 year.

Aug 14, 2021
You seem overly mad, just for me questioning whether the slow update timer is a motivation issue or something else. Unlike most devs Hopes does not post a status update often, and the status update's date of release has been passed by a few months, I was just curious what the problem was.

Also, you come at me for "not knowing all the facts" or "assuming the facts". Where did I state ANYTHING as a fact besides when I had actual PROOF backing me up. I gave my opinion or personal conclusions multiple times, none of them are stated as fact though. I even said "my own conclusion" before them.

Only things I stated as facts -

Increasing time between updates (true, backed up by update times)
Months past original intended release date (true, backed up by release date estimation in update post)
Supposed to be a smaller update instead of a big one (true, backed up by Hopes themselves saying the update schedule is 1 large update, followed by several smaller updates, to go back into a large update.)

With a large update being the previous update, this one should be a smaller update, which is also what we were promised while waiting on the previous update, that the subsequent updates would come in a reasonable timeframe. I do not consider "the longest update ever by quite a large margin", to be within a reasonable timeframe. Also, this is not coming from someone who only pirates the game. I used to be (and still am) a patron of this game.

Also, I'm pretty sure you missed the fact that I know the game is not abandoned, and I delays are inevitable. I understand these things.
First off never said you did not have the right to be disappointed. I already said i am a little disappointed myself. i am sure we all are on some level. I was just meaning that with all that has transpired with him it makes sense that there is a long wait time. There is also the fact this is not his job, but his hobby. So long waits are understandable especially since we get it for free. (The last part is for us pirates. Not meaning patrons like you typed that you are."
Secondly, "reasonable timeframe" Do you know how to code? Do you even know how good at coding he is? I for one am ignorant on both. If you are ignorant on both fronts as well then the reasonable time frame stuff makes no sense since you do not know how coding works nor his level. That would mean your "reasonable time frame" is an inaccurate "reasonable time frame" especially since "reasonable time frame" Is not a set thing that everyone agrees on. Even people with ignorance to coding and hopes level of coding would not all be able to agree. Maybe even those who know coding would not be able to agree on a "reasonable timeframe."
Thirdly I seem "overly mad?" Is that mad as in "Insane in the membrane. Insane in the brain," or angry. If its mad as in angry, then no. Just have been overly stressed lately. Less stress now though.
Fourth, promised? His patreon posts are shared here. To my knowledge he has never promised. Its always been him hoping/ believing it would be done at those time. That's not promise nor a definite answer to when the update was coming out. Most people make that mistake cause we as humans when we want something badly and expect it in our subjectively "timely matter," which has a level of ignorance to it. Hopes is just one person with a job and a life. We can't expect him to push out big updates like they are small ones. I am sure he is doing his best. I try to remind myself i am ignorant of a lot of things so my expectations don't get me down nor get down when i am wrong on a matter. Cause I can be wrong at any time.

Last edited:

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
It's pretty ironic for someone with the user name "FanOfEcchiSensei" talking about any other developer's delays.
not really...would be ironic if he was the dev...
but as fan you have no control over what a dev does .. so EcchiSensei having no update for this big of a period of time it's not in his/her control, you/they can still be fans of the game.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes