JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
2 it's on discord for season 1
Originally, back in December last year Hopes planned to have it all in one update which included the short season finale event to conclude season 1 by the time 2021 ended.

Unfortunately that didn't work out as he initially planned so he removed the short season finale event from the upcoming update and postpone it to the update after that.
There's also confirmation that this update will contain the Lore section that fans have been asking about.

So in gist:

- Upcoming update (likely April?)
Major content update for Gracie events (one-half of requirements to unlock Cordia route in season 2)
One Luna event

- Shorter yet quicker update after the April update (season 1's FINAL update)
Short season 1 finale
Lore section finally implemented in the game

Not sure if I'm missing anything, perhaps HopesGaming can clarify.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Originally, back in December last year Hopes planned to have it all in one update which included the short season finale event to conclude season 1 by the time 2021 ended.

Unfortunately that didn't work out as he initially planned so he removed the short season finale event from the upcoming update and postpone it to the update after that.
There's also confirmation that this update will contain the Lore section that fans have been asking about.

So in gist:

- Upcoming update (likely April?)
Major content update for Gracie events (one-half of requirements to unlock Cordia route in season 2)
One Luna event

- Shorter yet quicker update after the April update (season 1's FINAL update)
Short season 1 finale
Lore section finally implemented in the game

Not sure if I'm missing anything, perhaps HopesGaming can clarify.
Yea, sounds about right.

Proofread is done as well. The new proofread (creator of one of the contracts actually, the painter.) did it really fast and well.
Adding the music and checking transition stuff right now.
Most importantly is that the alpha test/coder is going through the game and fixing the code and adding stuff. I told him no rush, because this part is important.

While the game was being proofread and edited, I couldn't really add anything to the game, so I basically just wrote on the lore part again. Got a lot in there. Think it's ready to be added. Just thinking of ways to add it.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Yea, sounds about right.

Proofread is done as well. The new proofread (creator of one of the contracts actually, the painter.) did it really fast and well.
Most importantly is that the alpha test/coder is going through the game and fixing the code and adding stuff. I told him no rush, because this part is important.

While the game was being proofread and edited, I couldn't really add anything to the game, so I basically just wrote on the lore part again. Got a lot in there. Think it's ready to be added. Just thinking of ways to add it.
Just my personal thought, but perhaps Lore section can be accessible in two separate ways:

1) through the game's main menu screen with "Lore" option

and also

2) through the free-roam
perhaps a little button at top "L" which opens up the lore while in free-roam? Would be accessible if I want to read up on a character or Family's lore while playing I can hit that button up, and if I want to resume playing I can just close that window (like for Journal and others).

uhhhok

Sep 24, 2020
Yea, sounds about right.

faster faster lol, we starving for the new DeLuca content.

whichone hey man, how are you doing? I hope you won't say "you're a month late" :KEK:

Reactions: HopesGaming

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
that's what your take away was from what i wrote im happy you have a good memory not all of us do that was hardly my main point i enjoy the story but the same as a manga if enough time passes i get lost in the story my main point of what i wrote was i think we all appreciate smaller updates to tie us over till the big story moments come along :confused:
I have a good memory but everytime a game updates (episodic or not) i tend to replay so i can be sure to remember every detail. My problem is when a game is not replayable because it makes really hard that moment, but so far the VN here, or games like The Wolf Among Us, or Life is Strange (all episodic) were really good to replay and even have a few different saves to see different outcomes.

So i dont think that your situation is problematic, unless you already replay the game a lot of times to see all the dialog options, but if not then you still can do it and have fun. And if you already remember the dialogs just use Ctrl to pass quickly the parts you remember.

a-user

Jun 28, 2017
Perhaps you could add like a bookcase or shelve that contains books from which you can (re)read the lore.

Reactions: c3p0 and JJJ84

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
1) through the game's main menu screen with "Lore" option

and also

2) through the free-roam
perhaps a little button at top "L" which opens up the lore while in free-roam? Would be accessible if I want to read up on a character or Family's lore while playing I can hit that button up, and if I want to resume playing I can just close that window (like for Journal and others).
Hm. Not sure I like it in the main menu screen.
But I do like the second options. But do note that lore is only Family and, down the line, the big known events.
Character based lore is way too much writing. For one, there are way too many characters that are important enough for lore write up. Secondly, I am not good enough to write so much for each character, and it would feel very thing. Family lore is easier as I can write about several important persons, the Family and make it feel chunky enough to be interesting.

Perhaps you could add like a bookcase or shelve that contains books from which you can (re)read the lore.
Hm I like that idea. But it would be combined with having it as a quick 'L' button that takes you to a tab beside events etc.

But what I was thinking was more on how to add it in the game in which the player gets access to it. Reward form contracts, buying from laptop etc.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
But I do like the second options. But do note that lore is only Family and, down the line, the big known events.
Character based lore is way too much writing. For one, there are way too many characters that are important enough for lore write up. Secondly, I am not good enough to write so much for each character, and it would feel very thing. Family lore is easier as I can write about several important persons, the Family and make it feel chunky enough to be interesting.

Hm I like that idea. But it would be combined with having it as a quick 'L' button that takes you to a tab beside events etc.

But what I was thinking was more on how to add it in the game in which the player gets access to it. Reward form contracts, buying from laptop etc.
Another idea that I have is a very mini-event where Wilfred or Cordia lends to MC a book which contains detailed history of the mafia world with the reasoning he'll have more knowledge to make more informed decisions & to learn more about the Families (given Cordia scolded MC for being "reckless" in the Ombra mission, I'd say she'd be a very fitting person to lend to MC the book. Besides, players love Cordia, and this mini-event may be a good tease for Cordia content to come for season 2).

Heh, sort of reminds me of that Cordia teacher special render you did a while ago.

And while it's mini, it still would count as an extra event too (on top of season 1 finale).

A book wouldn't take much space in the room (it can just be placed on his bed for that matter), and like the laptop, players can click on it to open it and read up on the lore anytime it gets updated.

Last edited:

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017

Learn lore

Pass test

Reward: Lewd scene with Luna

Everyone will be lore masters

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Will there be any events related to Isabel in the new update?
Nope.
No Isabel content in the upcoming update nor the quicker one after that (Since both are season 1 updates).

Lion's share of coming update will be Gracie's events, with there being additionally just one Luna event.
The final season 1 update will likely also be just the short season finale event with lore section implementation too.

So if you're waiting for specifically Isabel content, you're likely gonna need to wait till season 2 for her time to come in rotation.

Last edited:

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
Nope.
No Isabel content in the upcoming update (and the next one which will most likely just include the short season finale).

Lion's share of coming update will be Gracie's events, with there being additionally just one Luna event.

So if you're waiting for specifically Isabel content, you're likely gonna need to wait till season 2.
Don't be like that. Bummer. Let us have some hope. Besides, what if Isabel needs some 'protein' on breakfast? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: c3p0 and JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Don't be like that. Bummer. Let us have some hope. Besides, what if Isabel needs some 'protein' on breakfast? :LOL:
Heh,
Well, I mean sure, I'm not stopping anyone from having hope, but just telling the bitter truth.
That way, people won't be too crushed by disappointment when they find out she isn't in the remaining season 1 updates.

But as consolation to people who love Isabel the most, it's very likely she's at the front of the rotation queue for free-roam events when season 2 comes around (unless Hopes changes the order).

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: Paco Loco

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
Heh,
Well, I mean sure, I'm not stopping anyone from having hope, but just telling the bitter truth.
That way, people won't be too crushed by disappointment when they find out she isn't in the remaining season 1 updates.

But as consolation to people who love Isabel the most, it's very likely she's at the front of the rotation queue for free-roam events when season 2 comes around (unless Hopes changes the order).
No way, 'Mr. Bitter Truth' :p! First, we need to show our complete 'loyalty' and 'devotion' to our Donna! But if Hopes is planning to develop some lewd scenes with Isabel on season 2 first release, I will not complain :whistle:. (Just don't tell to Antonio!)

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: JJJ84

shiton32

Sep 29, 2021
Nope.
No Isabel content in the upcoming update nor the quicker one after that (Since both are season 1 updates).

The final season 1 update will likely also be just the short season finale event with lore section implementation too.

So if you're waiting for specifically Isabel content, you're likely gonna need to wait till season 2 for her time to come in rotation.
I hope there's at least a little bit of new content for Isabel. :(

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes