JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Nothing wrong with criticizing the game or the dev - I dont think negative opinions derail the thread unless they are written with the intention to troll people. I have not played this game and because it is highly rated I was considering playing it. But looking at the update rate it does not look like the game is going to finish (to me at least). Sometimes the reasons for delays are valid at other times they are not. Comments by others (both positive and negative) are useful to me as a player just so I can tell if a game is worth playing/supporting. All the games I support, I have found through this website so I for one value negative comments as they give me an idea about the status of a project. I have supported way too many games that have been abandoned by the devs.
Yes, there's nothing wrong with criticizing the game or dev. But, it is definitely wrong with the way most people (that I have seen on a lot of game threads) tend to go about it when voicing complaints.
Only 5% of the time, it's constructive criticism. Other 95% of the time, it's whine, whine, whine.

For instance, the dude who posted (that I replied to) is saying all people are talking about are theories and there's not enough complaints being directed at the dev. He's also implying everyone talking about theories are easily satisfied with waiting for the update, and dev is just taking advantage of that by milking .

That is wrong on so many levels ( and it definitely goes to the latter whine, whine whine 95% category of what I said above)

This might come as a surprise to him (and you), but there have been several instances till now where there were pages of people complaining (which yes, derailing the thread), sometimes almost to the point of dumpster fire (during which time I even stayed away from the thread).
There are also at times certain individuals who go on and on with "Is the update coming?" "When will the update be here?" "Is it here yet?" like a broken radio all over again and again.

Basically myself and people who may post on this thread frequently are sick and tired of all that, and the same song and dance which we go through again and again. I'd much rather have a thread where members can discuss about the game in a good environment with theories than deal with whiners again and again (and some being serial whiners).

Also, if he wants to be critical of the dev, well that's up to him but why is he being disgruntled at other people having a good time? What others are doing shouldn't be any of his business (if he has no intention of joining in the theory discussion).

Whether dev will finish the game or not, well just search posts in this thread under the HopesGaming. His posts will show you that he is just as enthused with the game's development currently as he was in the beginning, and he has no intention to give that up.

With Patreon support, lol only thing I'll say is that if you think dev is taking too long to deliver the update, well you can always choose to unsubscribe, and shouldn't really let what others say influence such a decision (especially if you haven't played the actual game yet).

Besides, it's not like this is the only game where at times the update took a long time to deliver (for example, Summer's Gone by OceanLabs, one update actually took around about a year also).

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Nothing wrong with criticizing the game or the dev - I dont think negative opinions derail the thread unless they are written with the intention to troll people.
However, the guy isn't critizising the game. He is going for the audience for liking something he doesn't like. He complains about players talking about the character and the story. That's either trolling or being a poor soul who has no fun himself and thus cannot allow others to have it. (These options are not mutually exclusive.)

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
Unless you wanna say Hopes messed up in what the characters look like, I think its safe to say Antonio has a different father than Gracie cause the hair tell no lies. His hair is darker than than both gracie and Luna. I believe both Cordia and Lucan have light blonde hair. There is no way hair can darken that much getting older from light blonde. Especially when BOTH parents have light blonde hair.
1652955583854.png

That's not necessarily true. And remember that it's a game and it makes sense change some degree of appearance to made characters look more unique.

I'm so, even when it's more likely it isn't an unbroken true and there is always a chance to get different hair colour, specially darker ones.

I'm just trying to say that a hair colour and no other reference, dialogs or images isn't enough to build an argument about this.
It's wise to wait and learn. I told you already in every answer that I think the same as you BUT I'll not start a theory without evidence.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
View attachment 1819069

That's not necessarily true. And remember that it's a game and it makes sense change some degree of appearance to made characters look more unique.

I'm so, even when it's more likely it isn't an unbroken true and there is always a chance to get different hair colour, specially darker ones.

I'm just trying to say that a hair colour and no other reference, dialogs or images isn't enough to build an argument about this.
It's wise to wait and learn. I told you already in every answer that I think the same as you BUT I'll not start a theory without evidence.
I think for me, the reasoning that I think Antonio's father actually might not be Lucan is moreso to do with personality than with hair color (although that does play a little bit of factor too, heh).

Because in My name is Luna flashback, Luna says he was just a delivery guy, and he only became a Don by marrying Cordia.
Lucan was always shown to be someone who was kind and gentle towards others (only time he lost his cool was when Mysterious 6 forced the "either you or your daughter must die" on him and Luna).

In contrast to this, in Straffan mission, Capo Angelo seems to very heavily imply Antonio's temper issue is from his father (and of course not Cordia) when Antonio goes on rampage against the Fazio soldiers.

Seems to signify (for me) that Antonio's father may have been someone whom Cordia romanced in a previous relationship before Lucan (unless Lucan goes through personality changes like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, or him being kind was an act, both of which I find unlikely).

I mean yes, even kindhearted people can of course lose temper at times, but even so, I don't think the extent of it would be as severe to be noticed by someone for it to be an issue as being excessive (as is the case with Antonio, and Antonio's father).

Last edited:

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
I think for me, the reasoning that I think Antonio's father actually might not be Lucan is moreso to do with personality than with hair color (although that does play a little bit of factor too, heh).

Because in My name is Luna flashback, Luna says he was just a delivery guy, and he only became a Don by marrying Cordia.
Lucan was always shown to be someone who was kind and gentle towards others (only time he lost his cool was when Mysterious 6 forced the "either you or your daughter must die" on him and Luna).

In contrast to this, in Straffan mission, Capo Angelo seems to very heavily imply Antonio's temper issue is from his father (and of course not Cordia) when Antonio goes on rampage against the Fazio soldiers.

Seems to signify (for me) that Antonio's father may have been someone whom Cordia romanced in a previous relationship before Lucan (unless Lucan goes through personality changes like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, or him being kind was an act, both of which I find unlikely).

I mean yes, even kindhearted people can of course lose temper at times, but even so, I don't think the extent of it would be as severe to be noticed by someone for it to be an issue as being excessive (as is the case with Antonio, and Antonio's father).
Well, that's exactly what we were saying these days about that topic. But I just don't like to make assumptions without some piece of evidence, so I wanted to wait more content to analyze this, but they kept arguing when I'm saying I think the same hahaha.

I prefer to avoid that, as other topics like M6 name is related to 6 leaders or just a name little Luna though because of 6 people armed in that place? Or the Woods, the Forrest, and other topics where we have almost none evidence yet to build a case.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Sorry to come in. I ain't going to talk about the long update this time. I just want to highlight the part about Summer's Gone.

I am a patreon of Ocean's and mind you. Just like Hopes, he also has a full time job. That being said he has 2 games to work on which I must say renders are extremely beautiful. Summer's gone update is coming out this month with only about 5 months development time, which means his supporters get to enjoy 2 games at least 3 updates (cumulatively) per year.

You can defend Hopes all you like, but don't bring other good devs into comparison. Hopes is only working on one game, Ocean is working on 2.
lmao dude, I think it's pretty pointless to say "sorry" when you clearly don't mean it.
I mean not that I (or other people for that matter) really care whether you feel sorry or not, but you really should heed the old saying "actions speak louder than words."
What you have been doing for all of your 11 posts (posts number itself is irrelevant, this applies the same even if you had 100+ posts considering you're only posting in this thread) was whether directly or indirectly complain about the update on and on.

Your post here is in pretty much similar vein, being very much linked to update time (only thing you're doing different is circumventing your complaints around the long way, given other people have repeatedly disputed what you said before).
You obviously have a huge issue with how the recent update for DeLuca has taken, and when I brought Summer's Gone name up, it pretty much brought a knee jerk irksome reaction from your end.

If you want to spend time continuing to complain about Hopes, just be honest about it, instead of masking it in a hollow "sorry".

But I'll humor you this time around (though I'll try to keep it short regarding Ocean because talking about another dev goes dangerously into Off topic territory).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now, I like Ocean and his games a lot. Both SG and WIAB are fantastic games and I love them.
But am I willing to put him on a pedestal like you seem to be doing? Dunno about that.

All in all, the reason why I brought up Ocean (in my previous post) is that a lot of devs (whether it's 1 game, or 2 games or 5 games for that matter lol) who have full time jobs and are not full time devs, they go through a release drought (which includes Hopes, and Ocean as well, yes) at some point during their development cycle.
That's all. Devs who release very consistently do certainly exist, but those who do in a very clockwork manner are pretty rare.

To cap off, if I am insincere, I might just say to you "Oh, sorry for bringing Ocean's name up & rubbing you in a wrong way." but I won't. Cause that would just be lying to you and myself lol.

Last edited:

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
JJJ84

Tell me something, do you think that when MC was being watched by Wilfred and Serpents (new ones) it was before your father left or after that?

If we think MC has around 25 years old in the present (because he said that Isabel (29) isnt much older than him) so if the scouting was AFTER that situation with his father leaving and his mother acting strange, then it was really close to Luna and M6 situation. If it was before that, then what changed? it will make a lot of sense to take him if his father left or when he was going to leave alone, but they didnt, so what changed?

And the same question goes to The Forrest. It was really scary for Luna (that is what Gracie said) but was all of that BEFORE or AFTER M6?

Probably this is just my mind trying to connect all the dots even when they are not related but this thing bothering me: Was all of this event, that are close in time, a coincidence? Three little kids with some potential lived a strange experience that changed them. Im not trying to say that M6 is behind everything, but when you think about why Serpents betrayed Cordia, why MC father leaving made his mother act that way, why if they were scouting MC they didnt take him but waited. All of this events, using my numbers, were ocurring in a time period of 4 years, if im correct.
DeLuca timeline.png

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
JJJ84

Tell me something, do you think that when MC was being watched by Wilfred and Serpents (new ones) it was before your father left or after that?

If we think MC has around 25 years old in the present (because he said that Isabel (29) isnt much older than him) so if the scouting was AFTER that situation with his father leaving and his mother acting strange, then it was really close to Luna and M6 situation. If it was before that, then what changed? it will make a lot of sense to take him if his father left or when he was going to leave alone, but they didnt, so what changed?

And the same question goes to The Forrest. It was really scary for Luna (that is what Gracie said) but was all of that BEFORE or AFTER M6?

Probably this is just my mind trying to connect all the dots even when they are not related but this thing bothering me: Was all of this event, that are close in time, a coincidence? Three little kids with some potential lived a strange experience that changed them. Im not trying to say that M6 is behind everything, but when you think about why Serpents betrayed Cordia, why MC father leaving made his mother act that way, why if they were scouting MC they didnt take him but waited. All of this events, using my numbers, were ocurring in a time period of 4 years, if im correct.
View attachment 1819923
Oh great now I want a full Deluca Family timeline, maybe I should replay the game and do one myself, who am I kidding I have no idea how to make one.

• Haha
Reactions: c3p0 and Rovenant

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
Oh great now I want a full Deluca Family timeline, maybe I should replay the game and do one myself, who am I kidding I have no idea how to make one.
Well, I replayed the game a few days ago and took notes. So that timeline I made has all the years we know, but the ones related to the MC are my guess because we dont know his age so far.

Other events like the Big War, the foudation of the DeLuca family (by the first Four Serpents), The Forrest event with Gracie, when Isabel and Antonio married and when she has the miscarriadge, when Wilfred and the Serpents were scouting MC, when the Carnefice family lost the war with the Ombra family, and more events, we still dont know when that occured.

When the next update comes Ill make a new one (or update this).

Reactions: TundraLupus

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
JJJ84

View attachment 1819923
Hmm pretty interesting question.

MC says to Luna & Gracie that his father left him and his mother when he was 10 (in "The Punishment" also known as Beach Prison event iirc).
But from what I've seen of MC's flashback scenes (whether it's the poison gas scene from MC himself, or from Gildart's pov from the Ombra mission), the appearance & the child character's appearances.

Given child Luna's at "My name is Luna" flashback was 6 years old, and she was 5 years old for the flashback events of "Portend" (which I remember Hopes clarifying before when I asked him where in chronology does that Portend flashback fit), I guess we can make a reasonable educated guess as to how a child character may look when he turns 10.

From my end, I could be wrong but I think it's more likely that MC was being watched by Wilfred and Gildart before his father left.
Just, the look of child MC feels very similar to child Luna's looks in terms of their whole age-feel (perhaps that playground scene was when MC was 7? or 8?).
As for Wilfred and Gildart, who knows. DeLucas' spy network by Wilfred I'd assume is vast, so perhaps they were able to identify MC and keep an eye on him even before his father's whole disappearance.

I have a pretty wild theory in my head about how things might have went down (regarding Antonio and MC's origins, Cordia getting betrayed and how Rina plays part in the whole relationship etc), which I may or may not share later (will probably share if I can get in the mood to write it all up, if not, probably remain in my head haha).

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
View attachment 1819069

No offense, but, do you know this chart is totally flawed? :censored:

I mean, someone I know :sneaky:, who was supposedly to have a black hair, has a total gray hair since his fourteen (it is more of a white). :rolleyes:

So, black/brown + black/brown = black/brown = blonde / red = gray/white/silver whatever :ROFLMAO:

Total sign of wisdom :cool:

head-shaking-nope.gif

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021

I'm so, even when it's more likely it isn't an unbroken true and there is always a chance to get different hair colour:LOL::LOL:

My theory never hinged on the hair. It hinges on how How Lucan was portrayed and talked about. Even though you say," I'll not start a theory without evidence," that is false. Cause technically you are theorizing he is their full brother. Luca was portrayed and talked about in a good light. You think Hopes would offhandedly bitch slap Lucan with saying Antonio inherited his father's violence? :ROFLMAO: It just makes no sense. He was shown as a peaceful man even at his death and just before it. (Note that even though i type peaceful all the way up to death im referring to what his reaction showed. His reaction was not a man of violence, but a man pleading for his daughters life. A man brought to the edge cause of circumstances.) Like I typed before switch Luca and Antonio. Do you really think Antonio would act like Lucan did face with the decision to either kill his little girl or her kill him. Which he knew she would never do. He would have raged his balls off.

I will say one last thing about hair color. You are right, but Hopes has been meticulous. Which is why i believe the hair is a dead give away. A different hair color of a child than that of his/her parents is very rare. Hell its even possible for hair color to darken over time. My older (half blood related) brother as a kid had dirty blonde hair. Mine was even more chestnut colored. Now our hair have darkened to almost looking like their a few shades from being black. But when it comes to how meticulous he has been with the game and even wanting to change the backgrounds in some places to truly fit the game its shows he has a well thought out plan for the game. beside Lucan being a man of violence would not help the story. Hell his death would be a little less impactful. Men of violence dying is a common thought. A peaceful man that is another story. Besides going back to what was said about him he clearly was a light to Cordia. How could someone be a light to someone if they had violent tendencies? You remember how Cordia calls Wilfred a "Gentleman on the outside, but a brute on the inside?" Its always looked like she felt that his brute inner self was distasteful. Reminding her of the cruelty of the past. Lucan clearly was lighting a path forward and away from that path. (note: When i say light I am referring to the fact that he was said to be the reason he smiled and his death was the reason it was taken away. But believe its the combination of what happend with Luna, Lucan's death and how his death came about.)

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
Hmm pretty interesting question.

MC says to Luna & Gracie that his father left him and his mother when he was 10 (in "The Punishment" also known as Beach Prison event iirc).
But from what I've seen of MC's flashback scenes (whether it's the poison gas scene from MC himself, or from Gildart's pov from the Ombra mission), the appearance & the child character's appearances.

Given child Luna's at "My name is Luna" flashback was 6 years old, and she was 5 years old for the flashback events of "Portend" (which I remember Hopes clarifying before when I asked him where in chronology does that Portend flashback fit), I guess we can make a reasonable educated guess as to how a child character may look when he turns 10.

From my end, I could be wrong but I think it's more likely that MC was being watched by Wilfred and Gildart before his father left.
Just, the look of child MC feels very similar to child Luna's looks in terms of their whole age-feel (perhaps that playground scene was when MC was 7? or 8?).
As for Wilfred and Gildart, who knows. DeLucas' spy network by Wilfred I'd assume is vast, so perhaps they were able to identify MC and keep an eye on him even before his father's whole disappearance.

I have a pretty wild theory in my head about how things might have went down (regarding Antonio and MC's origins, Cordia getting betrayed and how Rina plays part in the whole relationship etc), which I may or may not share later (will probably share if I can get in the mood to write it all up, if not, probably remain in my head haha).
Ok here we have when Gildart talks about your past (the only image that shows you full body) and Luna past with M6:

The way I see it you are a little taller than Luna, so if Luna has 6 y/o (after some months she turned 7 years old) lets guess you had around 7-8 years.
In the timeline that means after 2 years from this point your father left.

If we follow your theory regarding the age, then even with your father and mother around you Wilfred division were scouting you, then your father left and we know the rest. The implications are that if your mother and father were Serpent class (at least your mother were) then they probably knew Wilfred were scouting you, so we need to find out why your father left and what changed because of that (that affected the scouting and your mother).

And another important thing. If the Serpents betrayed Cordia, even if they werent in war because of that, it means they betrayed the DeLuca family (because they all founded but for some reason they all left her in charge). So its hard to believe they will allow the DeLuca family (Wilfred was in that time her mentor) to scout you as a future member or anything similar, more if your father was around and we know they all hated him.

Im still missing a piece of this puzzle or I need to analyze other point of view.

P.D.: Did you know that the man that was with Luna and hit her the first day is (probably) the same that was in the second room (not the caretaker, the other one that told her to avoid seeing him with her left eye)?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JJJ84

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
My theory never hinged on the hair. It hinges on how How Lucan was portrayed and talked about. Even though you say," I'll not start a theory without evidence," that is false. Cause technically you are theorizing he is their full brother. Luca was portrayed and talked about in a good light. You think Hopes would offhandedly bitch slap Lucan with saying Antonio inherited his father's violence? :ROFLMAO: It just makes no sense. He was shown as a peaceful man even at his death and just before it. (Note that even though i type peaceful all the way up to death im referring to what his reaction showed. His reaction was not a man of violence, but a man pleading for his daughters life. A man brought to the edge cause of circumstances.) Like I typed before switch Luca and Antonio. Do you really think Antonio would act like Lucan did face with the decision to either kill his little girl or her kill him. Which he knew she would never do. He would have raged his balls off.

I will say one last thing about hair color. You are right, but Hopes has been meticulous. Which is why i believe the hair is a dead give away. A different hair color of a child than that of his/her parents is very rare. Hell its even possible for hair color to darken over time. My older (half blood related) brother as a kid had dirty blonde hair. Mine was even more chestnut colored. Now our hair have darkened to almost looking like their a few shades from being black. But when it comes to how meticulous he has been with the game and even wanting to change the backgrounds in some places to truly fit the game its shows he has a well thought out plan for the game. beside Lucan being a man of violence would not help the story. Hell his death would be a little less impactful. Men of violence dying is a common thought. A peaceful man that is another story. Besides going back to what was said about him he clearly was a light to Cordia. How could someone be a light to someone if they had violent tendencies? You remember how Cordia calls Wilfred a "Gentleman on the outside, but a brute on the inside?" Its always looked like she felt that his brute inner self was distasteful. Reminding her of the cruelty of the past. Lucan clearly was lighting a path forward and away from that path. (note: When i say light I am referring to the fact that he was said to be the reason he smiled and his death was the reason it was taken away. But believe its the combination of what happend with Luna, Lucan's death and how his death came about.)
Come on, if you take the time to read me im always saying I think the same you do, but so far there are enough evidence. I said the same about Lucan some times now, but I not sure Cordia had more than one husband. But when you told me all the thing about the hair I just wanted to show you that its not conclusive, at least for me now.

What im trying to avoid is make a big theory without real evidence. I have a lot of "ideas" but im trying to talk only about the ones that had some correlate with what they said or what we see. Just that. You keep telling me the same, and I tell you again: I THINK THE SAME AS YOU DO hahaha, but this isnt enough in my eyes to start a theory and write it here.

So, Im not arguing with your point of view.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Ok here we have when Gildart talks about your past (the only image that shows you full body) and Luna past with M6:

The way I see it you are a little taller than Luna, so if Luna has 6 y/o (after some months she turned 7 years old) lets guess you had around 7-8 years.
In the timeline that means after 2 years from this point your father left.

If we follow your theory regarding the age, then even with your father and mother around you Wilfred division were scouting you, then your father left and we know the rest. The implications are that if your mother and father were Serpent class (at least your mother were) then they probably knew Wilfred were scouting you, so we need to find out why your father left and what changed because of that (that affected the scouting and your mother).

And another important thing. If the Serpents betrayed Cordia, even if they werent in war because of that, it means they betrayed the DeLuca family (because they all founded but for some reason they all left her in charge). So its hard to believe they will allow the DeLuca family (Wilfred was in that time her mentor) to scout you as a future member or anything similar, more if your father was around and we know they all hated him.

Im still missing a piece of this puzzle or I need to analyze other point of view.

P.D.: Did you know that the man that was with Luna and hit her the first day is (probably) the same that was in the second room (not the caretaker, the other one that told her to avoid seeing him with her left eye)?
I dunno, those boys look 10-ish and older to me.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes