Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
It's possible that his father is the man who's face is burned out in the photo that the MC finds of the first 4 Serpents. In that picture you have his Mom, Cordia, his Moms boyfriend at the time and a man whose face is burnt out so it could be him.
They never said the first Serpents were the ones in that photography. But we can say that Cordia and Rina were friends at that time (before the Big War), and that Rina had someone she loved before MC father.

About the man in the burned part, MC thinks that maybe that is Lucan (but he doesnt have a clue). Some here think that is MC father (makes sense because a lot of the people of that time seems to hate or think bad about him). Or can be anyone, becaue we still are starting this journey and learning a lot of things, so we still have a lot of characters we will probably see.

But was MC father a Serpent? I dont think so, because there isnt any dialog that made us think that. We know Rina was, but even when Guildart talked about your mother and father (in the Ombra mission) he said just that they werent that smart (like Gracie is) and that Rina was a Serpent.

Aug 14, 2021
Well, doesnt look that way, even MC thought that Isabel wasnt much older than him, and 12 years its a lot. Thats why in every timeline we are between 23 and 27 years old for MC.

They never said that a Contract start at specific age (they didnt say a lot about contracts yet). And the contract doesnt oblige him to become part of the DeLuca family, that was MC choice (and Wilfred talks about how MC choose to be friend with the girls and take the Omerta).

But its a good guess, but for me it doesnt make sense with the dialogs.
I have always taken, MC saying she isn't to much older than him,as being more of a pick up line. He does see himself as a casanova. :ROFLMAO:

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
I have always taken, MC saying she isn't to much older than him,as being more of a pick up line. He does see himself as a casanova. :ROFLMAO:
He thought that after she said something about her being an old lady. But he didn't say it, so it wasnt a pick up line hahaha.

So don't use it in your real life, instead of with Wilfred quotes and you will be a truly Casanova as he was in his past.

OGSage

Jul 1, 2020
That's gonna depend on how fast you read (so difficult to determine for certain).

I will say though, is that there already is substantial level of content for at least couple of hours.
As long as you're not in hurry for the sexual content (bear in mind that this game takes its time to get in bed with the girls cause it prioritizes story and characterization first), you'll be in for a treat.
im in no rush as i love good story

Reactions: Rovenant and JJJ84

LostGhost

May 16, 2021
They never said the first Serpents were the ones in that photography. But we can say that Cordia and Rina were friends at that time (before the Big War), and that Rina had someone she loved before MC father.

About the man in the burned part, MC thinks that maybe that is Lucan (but he doesnt have a clue). Some here think that is MC father (makes sense because a lot of the people of that time seems to hate or think bad about him). Or can be anyone, becaue we still are starting this journey and learning a lot of things, so we still have a lot of characters we will probably see.

But was MC father a Serpent? I dont think so, because there isnt any dialog that made us think that. We know Rina was, but even when Guildart talked about your mother and father (in the Ombra mission) he said just that they werent that smart (like Gracie is) and that Rina was a Serpent.
No he said they are far from stupid but not cunning as MC

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Oh cool... I just wonder because looking at the photos none of what I see looks very milfy. They all look kinda young to me
She's got 3 adult children. I mean think about it. Yeah she definitely looks young for her age but some of us just have baby faces. 9 years ago, at the age of 35 I got id'ed at eb games buying an m for mature game. This jackass behind the counter thought me, a 35 year old, could be 16. I immediately stopped shaving so I could grow a beard and look like a fucking adult. And even still most people who meet me think I'm like, at most, 30. I'm 44 years old. Cordia looks like she is i her 20's and she is older than me. And that is totally a thing. If I shaved people would probably think I;m in my early 20's in spite of the fucking dad bod.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Well, doesnt look that way, even MC thought that Isabel wasnt much older than him, and 12 years its a lot. Thats why in every timeline we are between 23 and 27 years old for MC.

They never said that a Contract start at specific age (they didnt say a lot about contracts yet). And the contract doesnt oblige him to become part of the DeLuca family, that was MC choice (and Wilfred talks about how MC choose to be friend with the girls and take the Omerta).

But its a good guess, but for me it doesnt make sense with the dialogs.
Sorry but I've played the game multiple times and the mc makes it clear in that opening scene that he's that he's just out of high school. That he hasn't had a chance to go to university and start a life. He's pretty clearly 18.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Sorry but I've played the game multiple times and the mc makes it clear in that opening scene that he's that he's just out of high school. That he hasn't had a chance to go to university and start a life. He's pretty clearly 18.
Being just out of high school could place an age anywhere between 16 and 20, based on my experiences. (I knew people who graduated in all those ages). But, the MC definitely isn't 21 yet. haha

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I just took a look through the entire Introduction event (through replay gallery, Story 0) and nowhere in it did MC say he's just out of high school.

And I've played the game multiple times as well, and yet don't remember it actually specifying MC's age.

My guess is either he and Jalen are either same age as Luna (19) or slightly older (perhaps by 1~3 years), but the game doesn't really give any evidence of specific age for the MC.

Last edited:

sahadeva

May 1, 2021
Guys ignore the Filius and just report him. The thread had such a nice discussion before this *sigh*
Remember, if I can ignore someone who is accusing me of stealing (milking), being unethical and all other kinds of incredible inhumane words, you should too. Just report and carry on your discussion. Some people are not worth it.

Will go back and answer all the previous post and question later today. Was busy with creating Lucania and finally done! I like the outcome, heh.

Full experience contain gameplay (text based adventure), while freeroaming does not but you still can click rooms and characters.
Hi, any chance we can get a progress update on the code?

Last I remember, you posted on discord saying you were just testing the final part.

Sincere apologies for being the annoying "Are we there yet?" guy, but I'm really excited to play the next update, can't help myself. :)

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Because F95 has its rules regarding when a game will get that tag and this VN hasn't gotten to that point. Maybe read up on the rules first?
Apparently there also is an unwritten rule, which came up in and down on another thread, which is 18 months without an update regardless of dev communication. Which would be in 5 months time.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
However, we're talking the Italian school system here, which has the equivalent of high school (the term as such doesn't exist) end at 19. And "not having had a chance to go to university" does not necessarily equal "fresh out of high school" if you don't take "no chance" as literally zero percent possibility but as "stuff happened and so it got pushed back".

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Rovenant

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Hey Hopes, again, had some questions, and thought perhaps you could answer them:

1) Will Luna & Amata be sharing screentime in the near future? With them both being Cynthia's students, I'm curious as to how their banter would go and what their relationship with each other is like.

A: Yes they will. They have a close relationship due to both being Cynthia's students.

2) Which Family's sigil/symbol is your personal favorite, and consider it the coolest looking? Can be any Family (well, sans DeLucas I guess, let's make it fair lol) whether it's one of the past or current Big Fives or smaller Families.

A: Haven't made enough logos to really have a personal. Ask me again in a few updates heh

3) "The Mark" that Jalen mentions in his event that shows one is a "part of the core Kaskar Family."
How does it apply to the women who marry into the Family (e.g. Aunt Layla being Pops' wife), or daughters who may not be interested in Family business (Charvi, who by Jalen's words seems to imply just loves partying and isn't really concerned with her Family's business)?
I'm guessing such Family members are just excluded from the Mark, i.e. core Family and the Family's business matters (like Kay Adams situation in the Corleone Family)?

A: Only the ones who are deep into the core 'business' part of the Family gets the mark. If Jalen stayed out of the business, like he was meant to, he would still be part of the family but just not with the mark.

4) This is a suggestion for addition on Lore section.
Could we get a chronological timeline of all the events that happened?

For instance, if I wanted to know how long it has been since "The Big War" (that changed the Big 5 dynamic) till "The Devil's Shadow" (Carnefice Family's extinction by Ombras) I might find out by looking up at the timeline.

An example of timeline I thought of is this (of how it may look like):

Year -29: Cordia DeLuca is born.

Year -10: Antonio DeLuca is born
Year -9: Isabel DeLuca (maiden surname nee "X") is born.

Year -5: Events of The Big War that changes the Big 5 Dynamic.

Year 0: MC (Hope or whatever name player chooses) is born. Jalen Kaskar is born.
Year 1: Luna DeLuca is born.
Year 2: Gracie DeLuca is born.

Year 6: Events of "Portend" flashback takes place.
Year 7: Events of "My name is Luna" flashback takes place.

Year 16: Isabel suffers a miscarriage of her and Antonio's child.

Year 19: Carnefice Family is driven to its end by Ombra Family's attack ("The Devil's Shadow")

Year 20: MC (Hope or player name) is brought to the DeLuca Family and he is forced upon a Contract.

As you can see, the timeline is based on MC's age (just assumed he was 20 at current time don't know whether that's accurate); I set his birth year as year zero and worked around everyone else's age and events around that (of course, years for some of the events like the Big War or Devil's Shadow I just guessed them).

Something like above I think would be pretty cool (though I have to say Rovenant's timeline looks superior in terms of visuals haha), at first the timeline just has the essentials (characters' birth year etc) and all the events that were shown or told (for e.g. "My name is Luna" "The Devil's Shadow" etc), but with more events shown (with more updates), more and more of the timeline's chronology gets filled up.

A: No plans for that. I like the more loosely based style of writing the lore. When I read lore and history, the fun part of it is to try and 'glue' it all together based on the information the worlds provide.

5) Speaking of timeline, with Season 1 soon coming to an end, how much time did it take from start of the game (when MC is brought into the Family), till the Season finale? Couple of months? A year?

In addition to that, will we see characters aged up a little bit in season 2 and/or season 3 (particularly MC, Luna, Gracie, and others of same/similar age like Jalen, Dominico, Siobhan, Eiza etc, so that the characters have matured a bit in terms of their looks?

A: No real date set of how long. But around a year wouldn't be too wrong. He is starting to be more relaxed in the Family.
I don't think the time difference is enough to make any skin changes. Mostly style changes, if any.

6) One more for the lore; any chance you'd be interested in a territory map for the DeLuca world in terms of visuals? This is an Italian mafia map with territories for different Families etc.

Given there are several Families existing in DeLuca world, I'd be quite interested in seeing the territory areas of each Family, showing the whole balance of power (given it's all fictional map doesn't need to be based on actual land like Italy, just showing how big each Family's piece of pie is in terms of territories?)

A: We need to get far deeper into the story and lore before anything like a map can be drawn. And even then, I'm not sure of it yet. The DeLuca Verse is heavily inspired by Italy, but it is in its own universe. Having a map shaped like Italy may take the 'deluca verse' out of it and make it 'real'.

After replaying again this amazing VN, I wanted to ask you a question. Are we going too far with our theories and searching for every tiny detail? Because sometimes when you really like a game you start to see in a level of details that can surpass the expectation of the devs. Im not asking if we are correct, because we will know in the future updates, but are we overanalyzing the dialogs, or are we in the "range of expectation" of the details you created?

In any case, I really appreciate you always coming here to answer or questions and giving us info about the content.

A: No, I enjoy people writing theories and talking about the lore. Some of the theories are close, others are far. But that is to be expected. The forum format just make it a bit hard to have these theories as they will soon get buried in other comments. Many golden theories have been forgotten it seems due to that.

Hi, any chance we can get a progress update on the code?

Last I remember, you posted on discord saying you were just testing the final part.

Sincere apologies for being the annoying "Are we there yet?" guy, but I'm really excited to play the next update, can't help myself. :)

Yes, he gave me a message last night that he was very close to finish what he needs. :)

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
I just took a look through the entire Introduction event (through replay gallery, Story 0) and nowhere in it did MC say he's just out of high school.

And I've played the game multiple times as well, and yet don't remember it actually specifying MC's age.

My guess is either he and Jalen are either same age as Luna (19) or slightly older (perhaps by 1~3 years), but the game doesn't really give any evidence of specific age for the MC.
We know that he and Jalen are same age (or almost). And Jalen was going to law school, then abandoned to help Pops, and it looks like he was some time in the family from what he said. Thats why I think 25 is a good number.

If MC has the same age as Luna, then its strange that they were scouting him at the same time period that Luna was being held by M6, or little after that (looks like wasting resoruces).

Then again he was 16 when going to live alone, but at that time he was protected by Pops (probably) the one that pulled string to allow him to live alone being under 18.
And he thought Isabel wasnt much older than him. If we think about all that Ill say 23~25 makes sense.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes