HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
If we are like this its entirely your fault, how you dare to make an awesome masterpiece in both storyline and lewd? Hahaha we really love this VN and we will I'll forgive you if we see Wilfred smiling in the future.

I want to ask you something (if it isn't a spoiler, of course):

Is 'Mysterious 6' a name Luna heard when she was abducted with them? Or is it an surname like 'Mr Moustache' she put to then probably because of what she saw?

I really love how the NC looks, and I remember reading that your first inspiration was a Turkish tv show (and, of course, all what you know about Mafia world too), was the MC appearance based on something too?

And if I can ask you one more thing, was The DeLuca family your first attempt to create a game (VN or not)? Because you have great talent with narrative.

Love you HopesGaming

A: Yes, and it is known that they are called that.
The MC wasn't really based on anyone. Just played around with it till I found something that fitted what I had planned. Someone that could have a dark look down the line.
This time, I'll go first on questioning! :sneaky: (EDIT: NOPE! Lost it again!) :cautious::ROFLMAO:

Hopes, I am curious if you are inclined to revisit or put more some details on already finished content.

Unlike 'My name is Luna', 'The painter' is not so mentioned but I personally consider a very interesting story and I thought it deserves at least some renders to illustrate a part of Delucasverse that it is not only related to the main family itself. I find the story itself heart touching, compelling and the self-sacrifice aspect from their main characters a cherry on top of that cake.

- Would you like to add some more details on previous stories - like 'The Painter' - on future releases?

Maybe someone already asked about it before (and I probably know who did it :whistle:). If the answer is yes, I think this could be a reminder. Would be even more immersive with some images than only text on that story.

A: The Painter is actually not written by me but by, now proofreader as well, Wibble. Amazing writer.
I'm very much thinking about adding renders to every contract.
Not gonna lie, the wait has been difficult.
But it's also built up my hype for the update in a way.

Seeing all these people getting into questions has gotten me into the questions mood as well, so here's couple from me:

1) In Isabel's event "A Bottle for a Bottle" Wilfred says that DeLucas were in a war with Profaci Family (one of the current Big Five), had won the war against them and are now in a truce.
When MC asks why the Family is in truce with Profacis if they won, and Wilfred replies: "Codice di sangue" which from Italian to English (google translation lol) translates as "Blood Code"

Wilfred gives further explanation saying "It is forbidden to completely annihilate an established Family (such as Profacis) if such can be avoided."
But are there more rules in this Blood Code (other than that one Family annihilation rule)? i.e. Rules that all mafia in DeLuca universe has to follow, sort of like...... Omerta?

Perhaps it's just me but what Wilfred explained just seems to be only one part of the Blood Code, and there is more to it (depending on different circumstances for e.g. how hostages should be treated etc?)

A: Yes, there is more to the code. The code was created by the Pacifacotries.

2) Is the tutorial contract still coming (before you release season 1 on Steam?)?
I mean in terms of contracts gameplay, I get all the ins and outs of what to do so not like I need it to figure the contracts out, but even so, always have been curious regarding what MC's very first contract experience would have been like (here's hoping it connects well with Gracie's "Town Time" and Isabel's "The Blizzard Princess" event, with them referencing "Gina's tavern" and "old Capo Vincent" for MC's contract experiences).

A: For sure. The tutorial will be part of the Lucania town exploration. It will be a very simple tutorial tho and can be skipped.

3) Will girl's bathroom ever be fixed? Or will it remain unfixed by Lady Cordia & Wilfred (not like I'm complaining, it basically mean more funsie time with the girls in my room! Though having funsies also in the girls' bathroom is not a bad idea)

A: Dunno. Haven't given that any thoughts to be honest, hah. Maybe.

4) (perhaps I asked this before, or not)How many different variations of Snake symbol for DeLucas are there (or will be there)? So far, there's

- The Main Family Serpent symbol with colors that is used for Soldatos' uniform
- Sort of faded out Serpent symbol that the "4 Serpents" have
- Serpent with a rose that "Wilfred's Division" have on their masks

Any more planned, or is that it in terms of variations?

A: Lucania contains two more versions of the sigils. I like making different versions of them.

5) Speaking of symbols, you've previously said when I asked you might consider making a custom symbol for Pacificatoris organization.
Is it possible The Mysterious 6 will get the same treatment (a custom symbol?)?
Assuming that they become the main big bad or one of the adversaries of DeLucas in the future, I'd like to think they'd be worthy to get their own symbol.

A: Hm, not sure. Could be.

Kar177

Jul 4, 2019
Diseases affect everyone differently. Depending on your overall health, even the flu can damage you quite severely.

ChrisDark

Jul 24, 2017
this is the only game that has ever made me cry, only game for which i didnt give a fuck if it had any sex scenes. it was simply that good, but i get worried each time i remember to check progress, to see it tagged abandoned.
So many of my favourite games have got fucked by covid, i pray that this doesnt see the same fate.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
this is the only game that has ever made me cry, only game for which i didnt give a fuck if it had any sex scenes. it was simply that good, but i get worried each time i remember to check progress, to see it tagged abandoned.
So many of my favourite games have got fucked by covid, i pray that this doesnt see the same fate.
I'm gonna guess that you haven't tried On Distant Shores.

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
Has to be no updates for a year AND no feedback/notices from the Dev. Dev's continued to be responsive and engaged so it's not abandoned.

Just reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally slow. Go find other games to tide you over and try not to let the anguish in your heart every time a false alarm flag pops up in your notices drive you to do something unwise.

Now I have to hide from the Feds, and it's all Hopes' fault.
I get that everyone wants an update, but the only group that really is justified in complaining about it are Patrons. And really, how hard is it to cancel a Patreon sub?

The brain fog that some people get with COVID is the real deal. I've known a couple of people that said it took them 2 months AFTER the other symptoms disappeared before they felt their brain function was normal.

I'll just continue to play other games and be pleasantly surprised when the update to this game is finally released. Best wishes to the dev and making a full recovery.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
I get that everyone wants an update, but the only group that really is justified in complaining about it are Patrons. And really, how hard is it to cancel a Patreon sub?

The brain fog that some people get with COVID is the real deal. I've known a couple of people that said it took them 2 months AFTER the other symptoms disappeared before they felt their brain function was normal.

I'll just continue to play other games and be pleasantly surprised when the update to this game is finally released. Best wishes to the dev and making a full recovery.
I mean, i've repeatedly argued that point myself both for this game and many others so yeah. Only paying Patrons have any right to be upset. I thought I was pretty clearly being tongue-in-cheek but I guess not. So yeah, I was just being cheeky.

Though I will point out I too know several people suffering from the great covid brain fog. Two friends and a cousin. :whistle:
Strangely enough, all three have run long overdue on one deadline or another. :unsure:
Yet all three have had quite the explosion in Steam Achievements in the same time frame. :sneaky:
Pure coincidence, I'm sure. :cool:

In conclusion, they should probably private their Steam profiles. I work(ed?) with the two friends and know for a fact our immediate boss checks our social medias on the sly. lol.

Reactions: slayer991

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I mean, i've repeatedly argued that point myself both for this game and many others so yeah. Only paying Patrons have any right to be upset. I thought I was pretty clearly being tongue-in-cheek but I guess not. So yeah, I was just being cheeky.

Though I will point out I too know several people suffering from the great covid brain fog. Two friends and a cousin. :whistle:
Strangely enough, all three have run long overdue on one deadline or another. :unsure:
Yet all three have had quite the explosion in Steam Achievements in the same time frame. :sneaky:
Pure coincidence, I'm sure. :cool:

In conclusion, they should probably private their Steam profiles. I work(ed?) with the two friends and know for a fact our immediate boss checks our social medias on the sly. lol.
They probably should. I will not share my gaming profile at all, I will not share social media with my bosses (except for the LinkedIn kind of stuff). Not because I have something to hide but because this isn't their business.

However in general, when you have health issues, even something with fatigue and/or brain fog, you still have 12 or so hours in each day that you don't sleep, eat, or poop. Maybe 10 if you need to sleep more. You need to fill the time up with something and work isn't an option. So you game more. Not all day (fatigue) but more nonetheless. Taking into account that many achievements don't reek of needing even half a brain and gaming needs are not the same as work needs - that's certainly no coincidence but doesn't necessarily mean there is foul play. Can be, sure. But depending on your job it can be quite different. You can always stop playing (or streaming or reading or whatever) but you cannot always stop working when you feel tired. Messing up an achievement and trying again is always possible. Messing up work may not.

Reactions: Paco Loco

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Siummer's Gone too. God there are a lot of these games that are just fucking heart breaking aren't there?
There are quite a few which indeed tell good stories, have characters you care for - and bad things happen to them. Personally though, even if I can see it being considered somewhat overdone, maybe even "kitschy", My Name is Luna was hitting the deepest. And that as somebody who usually despises "little children" stories. Haven't played Summer's Gone, Leap of Faith, or On Distant Shores, so I am not an expert, but Acting Lessons - while great and very emotional - doesn't hold a candle to it. Again, for me personally.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
There are quite a few which indeed tell good stories, have characters you care for - and bad things happen to them. Personally though, even if I can see it being considered somewhat overdone, maybe even "kitschy", My Name is Luna was hitting the deepest. And that as somebody who usually despises "little children" stories. Haven't played Summer's Gone, Leap of Faith, or On Distant Shores, so I am not an expert, but Acting Lessons - while great and very emotional - doesn't hold a candle to it. Again, for me personally.
I dunno. I mean that one was horrible but as a father On Distant Shores hits real hard. Like what if you'd gone with them, what if you'd been behind the wheel, would your kids still be alive? Horrible fucking question to ask yourself if you're a parent.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Siummer's Gone too. God there are a lot of these games that are just fucking heart breaking aren't there?
To me the tragedy in SG happened way too early in the story to get too deeply emotionally invested so it's not quite at the same level at the others.

vks017

Jun 30, 2017

We all well aware of how common 'health ailments' are used to delay these adult games. Way more than can be believed. So any such excuse given I take with a pinch of salt. Sure long covid exists and that might have contributed but given what happens to so many developers of this genre, im more sceptical. Especially as the last small update was a year ago and then another year before that for the prior one. At this point the dev needs to reestablish his credentials. Some here seem to a bit naive.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
At this point the dev needs to reestablish his credentials.
Well, Hopes did say that when the upcoming update releases (v0.08), game's updates after that will be quicker yet shorter.

But I can already guess new complaints that would arise after it transitions to that approach, this time with "Updates are too short! There isn't enough content!" (already seen such complaints in couple other games' threads with devs who have short, consistent release cycles)

Personally? I prefer quicker & shorter updates, but that might not be what some people want.
But it is what it is.

Either one way or another, someone will be unhappy, and the dev can't please everyone.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
To me the tragedy in SG happened way too early in the story to get too deeply emotionally invested so it's not quite at the same level at the others.
Yeah, but so does On Distant Shores. The bad thing happened years before the game started. It's not when it happened. It's how it affects the mc that kills me.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
We all well aware of how common 'health ailments' are used to delay these adult games. Way more than can be believed. So any such excuse given I take with a pinch of salt. Sure long covid exists and that might have contributed but given what happens to so many developers of this genre, im more sceptical. Especially as the last small update was a year ago and then another year before that for the prior one. At this point the dev needs to reestablish his credentials. Some here seem to a bit naive.
I will agree that health issues seem to be quite prevalent in devs, more so than would be expected, and understand you point. There are some things that will mitigate this statistic (like for the more professional ones that being self employed with no guaranteed income high enough to make a careless living being really bad for your health, psychological as well as physical, that code monkey jobs are also not the ones with the best work-life balance - loads of extra work, little social contacts (which are important too, for many), sitting in a chair in artificial light ...).

Yeah, there are certainly many excuses out there. Dog ate my code. Brother-in-law had an accident. Had Covid. And if too many happen to the same person, I'll be cautious, too. However, assuming that some must be lying is something else than assuming a specific individual is.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes