Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
Can i ask something... Does some of you know name of The Big Five Families?

(Sorry, if this question is note allowed or something and if some of you don't know or can't.. Its fine)
in the game has name varius old big 5 Families and the new big 5 families

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
yeah so i did the file stuff, after some digging it seems like im stuck at the part where im supposed to do "the contract" problem is my character hasnt mentioned a word of it and theres no dialogue with wilfred to get that rolling, so i should just wait for .08.2
I just did a speed run of it (pretty much ctrl fast skip dialogue), and "The Contract" event works fine on my end.

Are you sure you're doing it correctly?

First:
You go talk to Wilfred (select Contracts in dialogue option):
Snap 2022-06-11 at 12.47.35.png

Then after you're done talking with him, click on your laptop, and select "research on Contracts".
After that, "sleep" for 3 nights.

When you're done with that, go and talk to Wilfred again.
Select "Wilfred, I got nothing out of search" and the event will complete.
Snap 2022-06-11 at 12.48.33.png

Pokemonboy

Oct 18, 2017
No it's possible to get 100% on all the contracts. There is a walkthrough on the OP that can help with that. Their issue is that they haven't installed the bug fix which is why they aren't getting the contract and promotion event. That shouldn't affect the contracts though they were all working correctly

Same for you. Need to install the bug fix.
Thank you for pointing out the bug fix, I for some reason missed that on the front page. Finally managed to get my promotion.

Reactions: WhiteyG

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
how to start the "I love my son" event? help please...
The game has a built-in guide.
Click on the "J" button at top and open up your Journal.

In the "Journal" window which opens up, click on the "Event Log" tab.
Event Log shows all the pre-requisites that are required to trigger for every event.

Reactions: Cartageno

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
What is their name(Old and New)?

(i just know two,, The Melfi Family [i kno this from Discord Announcement] and The DeLuca Family..if you don't know the other Families, that's fine)
Like JJJ84 said, it hasn't been mentioned yet.
Tho, I can say it now:

The old big fives (before the big war that changed the system)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Current big fives:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Astriedax

May 15, 2017
Don't really understand the connection here?!
Takes time to develop such system.
Cheat modes can pretty much bypass the stat's requirement with a single click. Almost the same effect. A lot of work were involved into this new free roam mode, which means work hours were put to develop it, instead of story progression, which means delay/lack of content.

joypinse

May 5, 2018
so i hadnt played the luca after 0.6.5 and was trying to just play the new content in 0.7
but none of the savegames posted here worked neither in 0.7.2 nor in the 0.8.1
it goes to the scenes where the boy train but afterwards to the beginning of the game
any way for me to skip playing all the game again?
thx for any clues

ggregger33

Mar 19, 2021
I just did a speed run of it (pretty much ctrl fast skip dialogue), and "The Contract" event works fine on my end.

Are you sure you're doing it correctly?

First:
You go talk to Wilfred (select Contracts in dialogue option):

Then after you're done talking with him, click on your laptop, and select "research on Contracts".
After that, "sleep" for 3 nights.

When you're done with that, go and talk to Wilfred again.
Select "Wilfred, I got nothing out of search" and the event will complete.
JJJ84 I cant seem to get the dialog up to even ask about the contract.

Main story: The traitor (done)
Main Events: The contract (not done)
Luna Events: The Cave (done)
Gracie Events: Feelings? (done)
Isabel Events: completely done

Not sure what I am missing. Been waiting for about 5 in game days now. Checked recordings each day with nothing new.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Nice update, but too short for the time it took.
The new free roam is amazing, but cheat mods, could almost replicate the same result.

While I hope there will be a VN version, due the time it took for this release. I hope the dev only start doing VN after the game is finished.
Takes time to develop such system.
Cheat modes can pretty much bypass the stat's requirement with a single click. Almost the same effect. A lot of work were involved into this new free roam mode, which means work hours were put to develop it, instead of story progression, which means delay/lack of content.
The delay in the initial v0.07 was partially due to Hopes and the person who worked on the gameplay mechanics (regarding contracts) with him going back and forth, trying to determine what works (keeping those), and what doesn't work (discard them).

Everything was fine-tuned by the time v0.07 released.
So because Hopes and the person who worked with him on the Contracts system knows now what system Hopes is going for with the game, I'd guess that future contracts development won't take nearly as long as what it took to get the foundations right with v0.07.

And sure, cheat mods may bypass the stats requirement in some cases, but I've also seen many people who used such mods for this game have their saves screwed over (mod basically messing up the variables).
Most notable example is people unable to trigger Ombra mission from Wilfred with the gun requirement.
Those who used mods there, I saw a lot of people say they can't trigger it, and many of them had to either load a prior save where they didn't use mods, lower their stats back to the "normal" in the mod again, or start over from the beginning.

I find all the above to be far too much of a hassle, so I just play the contracts without the mod (I mean sure, first time playing the contracts, it takes some getting used to, but it really does become easier and by the end of it, it becomes piece of cake lol).

Hopes did say he will develop the VN Mode for DeLuca, but he did say Full Experience Mode will always take priority.
And that's not surprising, because that's how Hopes' Full vision of his game is.
Those who are aiming for VN Mode will just have to wait till he starts releasing that mode.

JJJ84 I cant seem to get the dialog up to even ask about the contract.

Main story: The traitor (done)
Main Events: The contract (not done)
Luna Events: The Cave (done)
Gracie Events: Feelings? (done)
Isabel Events: completely done

Not sure what I am missing. Been waiting for about 5 in game days now. Checked recordings each day with nothing new.
To start "The Contract" event, you need to talk to Wilfred in front of Cordia's Office.
Click on Wilfred, select Talk.

You should see the Dialogue option "Contracts" as in my screenshot below.

Snap_2022-06-11_at_12.47.35.png

After that, follow what I've said in the post I've linked below:

https://f95zone.to/threads/the-deluca-family-v0-08-0-1-hopesgaming.15459/post-8315490

ggregger33

Mar 19, 2021
To start "The Contract" event, you need to talk to Wilfred in front of Cordia's Office.

[/QUOTE]

Yes what I am telling you is that I talk to Wilfred but contract is not a selection. There is nothing there buy the stuff I already spoke to him about.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020

Yes what I am telling you is that I talk to Wilfred but contract is not a selection. There is nothing there buy the stuff I already spoke to him about.
[/QUOTE]

While JJJ is right he is also wrong. Not that I get any pleasure in pointing that out.:sneaky:

It’s bugged you need to download the bug fix in order to proceed. That’s why it’s not popping up.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
While JJJ is right he is also wrong. Not that I get any pleasure in pointing that out.:sneaky:

It’s bugged you need to download the bug fix in order to proceed. That’s why it’s not popping up.
Heh, no worries.
I'm totally fine with being pointed out when I'm either incorrect or made a mistake.

It's all part of learning.

Didn't realize the recent change in code resulted an error with it not triggering The Contracts event.

Apply this patch (attachment on below quoted post) to your game and try it again.
I have a feeling it will work (assuming WhiteyG is correct about bugfix resolving this issue).

v0.08.0.2 patch is already up (I've attached it).
Hope it solves your issue.

Reactions: WhiteyG

ggregger33

Mar 19, 2021

[/QUOTE]
Thank you that was what I needed. I didn't think that part was bugged. Updated the patch and it is working well.

Reactions: WhiteyG and JJJ84

mag5246

Jun 3, 2017
Is there a cheat that unlocks saves and/or backrolls in missions? I got sick of "abort mission", exiting the mission selection menu, loading a save and replaying the mission, just because I wanted to know "what happens if you do this" or accidentally skipped a line in the dialogue. This is some special kind of perversion that I do not share.

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes