d_generate

Apr 23, 2020
TL;DR - my review of updated game: good game, okay update. Good lewds, stellar events/scenes, but too much unnecessary dialogue; more show less tell.

~~
I love the game, easily in my top 5. I've played the game through a few times, but I don't like the recent update as much.

The lewd scenes are great, but the dialogue felt too explanatory; like characters talked through their actions, opinions, thoughts too much versus letting the visual scenes speak for themselves.

For example, in the previous updates Wilfred would do things or have plans (e.g. call Luna when MC wanted to know about her past, his short/succinct conversations with MC or Cordia, his actions involving the son of the family's head that was shot in the warehouse) such that the reader could infer what he's thinking/what he's planning. If he ranked someone 'strong' like serpent-level or if he had a certain way of doing things because of something in the past like his moustache and the DeLuca girls there would be a short flashback or quick couple lines.

But in this update for example, Wilfred would have a lengthy explanation about each of this thoughts e.g. talking to MC after fight, talking to his posse about his plans for MC and Gracie, explaining his role in the previous fight, why he didn't or did do certain things, etc.. Instead of showing a few slides/scenes here or there that would show what Wilfred was doing/planning or facial expressions so I could see how he felt or thought. Even Luna's talk about explaning the shooting game was so long and the reader just knows that MC will defeat the sharpshooter using the special win rule; versus a quick explanation and visuals. I like some explanation but instead of having an air of mystery where the reader unravels the character, it's more of a wikipedia summary in dialogue form.

Besides that I liked the new characters like glasses sharpshooter dude and Wilfred's posse, overall events and scenes were cool to watch, and learned more about old characters like Gracie, Wilfred, and even Joey.

Last edited:

3 Pood

Jun 11, 2022
I just started the game yesterday, but now I'm stuck on 'The Contract' main story mission (Uncle doesnt have the "contracts" dialogue), tried looking for a fix and got a bit spoiled, but still couldn't find one. Supposedly it was one of the bugfixes of this patch but I still got the bug, is there another bugfix specifically for this or do I really have to start over again
Did you actually install the patch? The main download in this thread does not include it, it's a separate download.

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
unable to save whilst on "Burn the Ombra" mission (before the lewd scene with Amita)

Last edited:

Sobadx

Oct 3, 2019
so after a long time I decided to finally try this game and I'm loving it however I don't know if it's a bug or whatnot I'm completely stuck in the main story. In order to do the soldato promotion I need to do the contract quest however I have 0 idea on how to start it, apparently you just talk to wilfred and ask about the contract however none of his options show that dialogue and I am stuck with all the girls as I need to do ch 9 to continue with them and noone gives me any new dialogue at any time, I have also got all the hidden items from all the rank D quests. (nothing in my computer about paperwork to read either so I have either found a way to bypass the mission and am stuck or it's just not appearing any help would be appreciated thnx.

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
Guys help, I'm stuck between 4 and 5, it says it's necessary to be promoted to soldier, but I've done all the interactions and I can't get to the point of promotion... any ideas? Thank you in advance.

LazyBear29

Feb 20, 2021
The "4 seasons" statement was not definitive though (as I said in the previous post).
Hopes said it may have 3 or 4 seasons, so for all we know it could be 3 seasons, or it could be 4 seasons.

And I don't think it's a right approach of thinking it will be cut neatly into 25% (or all same % per season), most game development isn't anywhere as neatly cut up like that into equal pieces.
For all we know season 1 could contain 34% of the entire pie (i.e. the whole game), whereas season 2 could contain another 20% of the entire pie (resulting in both seasons 1 & 2 to add up to 55%).

Game could definitely have longer or shorter seasons in the future depending on how he decides so as I said before I doubt the split would be the same all around.

And right now with him obviously being the dev, he's the only source to go by, with anyone who asks question "How much of the game is completed?" (it's his game, and he knows best around how much has progressed for it overall).

With Isabel content, no. There is no new content with her (well nothing really significant).
Only just one scene (Not lewd) of her within Gracie's event, where she has some dialogue (won't spoil it since you haven't played it).
All I'm gonna say is, if you're anticipating Isabel content in this update (and also the next update), you should heavily temper your expectations, cause otherwise you'll be pretty disappointed (next upcoming update is just a short story event which serves as the season finale + Lore section. So no girls lewd/free-roam content in season finale).

Ok thanks for replay. Yeah I knew there will be not much Isabel but a hoped it will be more than 1 scene. Looks like I will have to wait longer.

3 Pood

Jun 11, 2022
so after a long time I decided to finally try this game and I'm loving it however I don't know if it's a bug or whatnot I'm completely stuck in the main story. In order to do the soldato promotion I need to do the contract quest however I have 0 idea on how to start it, apparently you just talk to wilfred and ask about the contract however none of his options show that dialogue and I am stuck with all the girls as I need to do ch 9 to continue with them and noone gives me any new dialogue at any time, I have also got all the hidden items from all the rank D quests. (nothing in my computer about paperwork to read either so I have either found a way to bypass the mission and am stuck or it's just not appearing any help would be appreciated thnx.
Guys help, I'm stuck between 4 and 5, it says it's necessary to be promoted to soldier, but I've done all the interactions and I can't get to the point of promotion... any ideas? Thank you in advance.
Please install the patch

Sobadx

Oct 3, 2019
Please install the patch
Oh my god am I tired, tried the 2 days ago and it didn't work but just double checked and i didn't put the files into the game folder but just into the main directory.. I feel like an idiot now haha thnx for the help :')

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
For a complete change of topic I will quote an old post of mine.

Complete change of pace once again.

Since character images change while progressing their respective stories and you may not think about it all the time, odds are you'll miss some. Would it be possible to add some arrows or similar to scroll through those already unlocked?
(Talking about the images in the character profile).

By the way, why is it "I" for "characters" and "C" for "inventory"?

3 Pood

Jun 11, 2022
For a complete change of topic I will quote an old post of mine.

(Talking about the images in the character profile).

By the way, why is it "I" for "characters" and "C" for "inventory"?
It's I for "info" and C for "character". The reasoning is historic, and inventory is still only accessible in the Job Board.

frelon71

Nov 29, 2018
View attachment 151389

Overview:
Our protagonist is a guy like any other normal guy. Lives a peaceful and uncomplicated life. That uncomplicated life turns into a rather complicated one when he receives a letter from a mafioso, who tells our unfortunate protagonist that due to his parents past, he is now under a mafia contract. He is to serve for a mafia family, but not just any mafia family, the DeLuca family. One of the most dangerous and infamous criminal organizations in the country.
Thread Updated: 2022-06-11
Release Date: 2022-06-11
Developer: HopesGaming - - - - Wiki
Censored: No
Version: 0.08.0.2 Bugfix
Language: English
Fan Art Thread: Here
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

FAQ:
Save games from 0.07 and up works.

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux (v0.08.0): - MEGA - - -
Mac
(v0.08.0): - MEGA - -
v0.08.0.2
Bugfix Only: - -
Others:
COMPRESSED* - ANDROID

Extras
: - FAN SIG 2 - GUIDE - WALLPAPERS - Compendium - Walkthrough - Save -
German translation - Cheats & Gallery Unlocker Mod

honeybadger6969 thanks for the link
*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 266893 View attachment 266894 View attachment 266895 View attachment 266896 View attachment 266897 View attachment 266898 View attachment 266899 View attachment 266900 View attachment 266901
View attachment 150961 View attachment 266902 View attachment 150958 View attachment 150962 View attachment 128903 View attachment 147449 View attachment 147451 View attachment 147450

Hello, I would like to know if you could help me to translate in French some place which are not, all that is in the file povroom.rpy, quest.rpy and other but already the most important. Thank you

justsum

Mar 22, 2020
Make sure you have applied the patch " v0.08.0.2 Bugfix Only" You can find it under downloads on the 1st page.

Jul 18, 2018
The story mission dialogue no longer makes any sense, with the mc mentioning only doing "small time brawls and thefts" in Story 9, when its been new stealth missions, stealing and eavesdropping. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to rerun through the story, it's just a little odd, with the rest of the effort made

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
The story mission dialogue no longer makes any sense, with the mc mentioning only doing "small time brawls and thefts" in Story 9, when its been new stealth missions, stealing and eavesdropping. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to rerun through the story, it's just a little odd, with the rest of the effort made
There has been brawls and thefts though in Wilfred's contracts.

There are 2 opportunities for the player to choose MC to fight another character, plus 2 opportunities to steal in Nimble Fingers.
There's also 1 opportunity to steal in The Painter.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018
There has been brawls and thefts though in Wilfred's contracts.

There are 2 opportunities for the player to choose MC to fight another character, plus 1 opportunity to steal in Nimble Fingers.
There's also 1 opportunity to steal in The Painter.
I'll take your word for it. I can only think of the small fight in nimble fingers, in comparison to when MC mentions doing barfights, which hasn't happened this time around. So far at least

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I'll take your word for it. I can only think of the small fight in nimble fingers, in comparison to when MC mentions doing barfights, which hasn't happened this time around. So far at least
Bar fights, well you're right about that one (no bars in any of the contracts, yet).

But there is still the matter of Tutorial contract that still hasn't been implemented (which Hopes said will be, before season 1 goes to Steam iirc).

So there's still a chance that bar fight coming in the future to match up with what MC said in Gracie's Town Time event.

Reactions: Nathaniel Hammer
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes