Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
Luna is definetly inspired by Revy from Black lagoon. Her bloody face and her saying im not broken, hit very hard.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
lol when you said "Black Lagoon", I instantly had
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
from The Blue Lagoon in mind :love:, but she reminds me more of Gracie.
Dude, as not anime fan, watch Black Lagoon. That anime was fucking awesome and I know exactly who he's talking about and she is very Luna.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Dude, as not anime fan, watch Black Lagoon. That anime was fucking awesome and I know exactly who he's talking about and she is very Luna.
I did a quick google search, to see the character.
To me, she looks more like Isabel, due to the purple hair, but in most images she's carrying at least 1 gun, so can certainly see why he made the Luna association.
Still, I think it's a bit strong to say "definitely inspired by", without knowing if Hopes has watched it. :ROFLMAO:

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I did a quick google search, to see the character.
To me, she looks more like Isabel, due to the purple hair, but in most images she's carrying at least 1 gun, so can certainly see why he made the Luna association.
Still, I think it's a bit strong to say "definitely inspired by", without knowing if Hopes has watched it. :ROFLMAO:
Dude, if you're comparing people based on their looks you're doing it wrong. People's similarities is based on their personalities and she is nothing like Isabel but extremely like Luna.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Dude, if you're comparing people based on their looks you're doing it wrong. People's similarities is based on their personalities and she is nothing like Isabel but extremely like Luna.
People's similarities are not restricted to their personality, at all.
That statement is nonsensical, in the extreme.
They can look similar, behave & react similarly in certain situations, yet have very different personalities.
You can compare people however you wish. As long as the comparison is the same for both parties, it's valid.

Saying "she is inspired by" is ambiguous, open to interpretation & can be validly applied to any of her attributes that fit.
Inspiration can come in any form. Authors and artists have been inspired by the work of others.
I've never heard of the show, or the character, so have no basis for comparison of personality types.
Nor was the supposed "inspiration" restricted to personality types.
I only have phyiscal appearance to go on.
With the purple hair, she looks more like Isabel, than Luna, to me. IMO, Revy doesn't look like Luna, at all.
So, the more accurate & specific thing to say would be "her personality seems inspired by...", because her physical appearance clearly is not.

As I already said, in the majority of images she was carrying at least 1 gun, so I can see the obvious association with Luna.
But it does not, in any way, mean that Luna was "definitely inspired by Revy" & that was the only thing I disputed.
She might have been, for all I know. But without Hopes saying a) he's watched the anime show & b) that he did base Luna on Revy, it is absolutely not "definite".
Being a fan of the show, does not automatically mean that characters in unrelated media were inspired by it.

Last edited:

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I watched a few episodes (think 2 or 3) so many years ago that I can not remember anything from it. So, Luna is not inspired from that. Tho, I really need to watch it fully now. Especially to get some fight scene inspiration. Watched some gun scene clips, and I'm like - I want that!

Who is Luna inspired of? There was nothing that I took as inspiration for Luna directly. I just write without thinking about much beside feelings and how it connects to the story. Like, I planned her backstory and that dictated her personality based on that. Someone who has a barrier and 'broken' personality. But a character who do not want to admit that she is 'broken' and want to appear strong. I then just write and form and mold the dialogue based on that. I mean, as weird as it sounds, I don't even know how any character's personality truly be before I start writing dialogue for them. I need the flow.

With that said, she is of course inspired by something, but on a subconscious level (indirectly). Maybe an anime or a tv show I've watched throughout my life that led me to write Luna. Probably anime and a combination of characters. Hell, maybe the 2-3 episode was enough to give me some inspiration several years later without me really knowing. So, can't say for 100% certain that there isn't a bit of that in it. Just doubt it.

The comedy is another example of how it was never meant to be as much as it is. But I've learned it just my writing style, and then I went for it. Thinking about it, it's probably shounen style of anime. I like One Piece, so the deadpan comedy could definitely be inspired from that. Some characters too. Just don't know who, heh.

himonix

Apr 7, 2019
Can someone share updated galary scenes ? I wanna see them before downloading this if it's worth it

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
I watched a few episodes (think 2 or 3) so many years ago that I can not remember anything from it. So, Luna is not inspired from that. Tho, I really need to watch it fully now. Especially to get some fight scene inspiration. Watched some gun scene clips, and I'm like - I want that!

Who is Luna inspired of? There was nothing that I took as inspiration for Luna directly. I just write without thinking about much beside feelings and how it connects to the story. Like, I planned her backstory and that dictated her personality based on that. Someone who has a barrier and 'broken' personality. But a character who do not want to admit that she is 'broken' and want to appear strong. I then just write and form and mold the dialogue based on that. I mean, as weird as it sounds, I don't even know how any character's personality truly be before I start writing dialogue for them. I need the flow.

With that said, she is of course inspired by something, but on a subconscious level (indirectly). Maybe an anime or a tv show I've watched throughout my life that led me to write Luna. Probably anime and a combination of characters. Hell, maybe the 2-3 episode was enough to give me some inspiration several years later without me really knowing. So, can't say for 100% certain that there isn't a bit of that in it. Just doubt it.

The comedy is another example of how it was never meant to be as much as it is. But I've learned it just my writing style, and then I went for it. Thinking about it, it's probably shounen style of anime. I like One Piece, so the deadpan comedy could definitely be inspired from that. Some characters too. Just don't know who, heh.
Its intreasting, since both Ravy and Luna share the same affinity for weapons and escpsially pistols and dual wilding. They also share a simiar backstory (Tragic, Ravy was both beatan and raped in her childhood). They both are in company with a male MC who is kinda of below them and is their employ(Also both the MC are rookies and came from outside the underworld). Their relationships with the MC are similar since both view the MCs as sort of a savior.

In the scene where Luna was bloody and said that she isn't broken then it clicked to me that she is similar to Ravy, who had a similar moment in the anime.

Black lagoon shares a lot of similarties to your game, I really hope you rewatch it and get some goon inspiration. Black Lagoon is one of my favorite anime. It combiness edginess, good characters, story that has both black humor and yet serious moments that make you think and question many things in life.

I compared their personlities.

Reactions: HopesGaming
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes