Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
Man Deluca Femily has such a story that would look cool in anime formet- I've already mentioned to the Dev that it feels like Black Lagoon at times and some of the characters are similar. Luna is pretty much Ravy, same tragic back story of abuse and both are kick ass gunslinger Females, The Male MC being their so called savior that is their ancor. While in Black Lagoon rock the Male MC is also getting corrupted, the MC here in still unknown. What I would like to see, is other female bad asses that either are friends with luna or are her competition, like Revy and Roberta.

The second anime that I rememberd that gave me the same feeling as this game is an underrated mafia Gem named Gangsta, that has the similar feel and asthetic to this game. Where you have similar femily warfare.

What I really want to see in this game is more Edge and Drama. More action Quantin Trantino style, and similar bad ass male characters to befriend and to be competetive with. I know I digress, but Gangsta had one of the most badass disabled people inclusion.

I've said it but love the story, love the build up, Love Luna, Corodia and Garcie. Love the asthetics.

I don't know what about you, but I always imagine the cast speaking in Italian between themselvs.

Here is Gangsta opening, Recommend it to all anime lovers here, along sides Black Lagoon which is a classic.

Reactions: ghosthog

shiton32

Sep 29, 2021
Man Deluca Femily has such a story that would look cool in anime formet- I've already mentioned to the Dev that it feels like Black Lagoon at times and some of the characters are similar. Luna is pretty much Ravy, same tragic back story of abuse and both are kick ass gunslinger Females, The Male MC being their so called savior that is their ancor. While in Black Lagoon rock the Male MC is also getting corrupted, the MC here in still unknown. What I would like to see, is other female bad asses that either are friends with luna or are her competition, like Revy and Roberta.

The second anime that I rememberd that gave me the same feeling as this game is an underrated mafia Gem named Gangsta, that has the similar feel and asthetic to this game. Where you have similar femily warfare.

What I really want to see in this game is more Edge and Drama. More action Quantin Trantino style, and similar bad ass male characters to befriend and to be competetive with. I know I digress, but Gangsta had one of the most badass disabled people inclusion.

I've said it but love the story, love the build up, Love Luna, Corodia and Garcie. Love the asthetics.

I don't know what about you, but I always imagine the cast speaking in Italian between themselvs.

Here is Gangsta opening, Recommend it to all anime lovers here, along sides Black Lagoon which is a classic.

As far as I remember, Hopes had the idea of making this game inspired by a turkish tv series.

a-user

Jun 28, 2017
my guess is because they're "Mafia", so, Mafia = Italia / Serpent = more like "latim"
And calling someone a snake usually refers to them being deceitful and treacherous while calling someone a serpent refers more to someone who's vigilant, cunning and dexterous. At least, in my opinion ;)

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
As far as I remember, Hopes had the idea of making this game inspired by a turkish tv series.
I talked to him and he was surprised it has similrities to Black Lagood, and I suspect he watched it since I recommended it to him and he was intreasted.

Luna and Ravy are very similar.

Aiden619

Jan 7, 2021
Not released yet??? I thought it was released on patreon or am i wrong???
Waiting to have some fun time with Isabel....

Reactions: vmaks

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
Not released yet??? I thought it was released on patreon or am i wrong???
Waiting to have some fun time with Isabel....
It's released on Patreon but hasn't been leaked here yet, it can take up to week sometimes (sometimes even longer)
It is release on Patreon since three days. If you want to have you only need to donor 30$ (at this time). And if you want, you could then leak the game on site like this.
There is one more. If no one of the patrons leaks the game, Hopes makes it public in some weeks ahead.

Scarecrow13

Jul 16, 2017
Okay, so I've done a replay to refresh myself and, happily, learning of an incipient release. This is an enormous thread, and even with 'search', I'm sure much of my coming musings have been hashed over, but tough - gonna do it anyway. Some things have stood out for me that I haven't really noticed much commentary.

1. The Contract (MC's, not the mission). I realize this may simply be a device, but that would clash with the rest of the thoroughness. Gracie takes pains to point out it means he's a hostage. Yet he's obviously not treated this way.
Even Blackie of the Praefictoris seems to view him as more than a run-of-the-mill debt. Those who learn his as-yet-unrevealed secret are impressed. So the big question is: "Who?" "Why?" Yes, I realize those of obvious immediate answers (either/both parents, a debt), but I thnk that's too simplistic. So let's dive back further.

2. His Mother. He hates her ("a demon of a mother") and much is made of her abuse, but I think that's far too easy a word for it. I mean...obviously everything in this story is awful when looked at from an external view, but in the context, I don't think so (hey, Gildart, how many fingers do you still have??). The one scene where we saw her (the poisoning flashback), she seemed loving and dedicated. All the abuse was her preparing him for the life to come - and it's already paid off, saving his life when he was poisoned *at the Deluca's dinner table*. Plus, there have been multiple other attempts on his life. The MC has always been a high value target.

His Mother was a Serpent - a legend. Yet it seems she didn't 'cash it in' like Cordia did. Heck, even Giacombe got a Family (nbo, he's not a serpent, but he helped). I assume the Serpents became Kingmakers and shook up the establishment and pretty much, could have each won a plum position. So why not Rina? Maybe it's his Father, but he always gets dismissed as a dead-beat of sorts (which of course means he's more central). People don't like him, but to MC it's indifference - not any of the loathing he has for his mom.

Rina and Cordia were obviously close. People seem to like her, in contrast to MC's view.

3. Which brings us back to the contract. Serpent says, "Don't be too saddened when you find out why." Interesting bit of sympathy from such a formidable figure. He's under contract, but he's allowed to join the Family (and family). Eiza is more of a known quantity and sure thing (even the Delucas know MC is a wild card), yet she'll have to wait until her contract is completed to ask to join.

4. So what's the deal with the MC? Even tho' he's seemingly under-skilled, even the Capos are solicitous of him, and presumably they don't know the real deal. Maybe it's because the family took him in, but that doesn't seem to jive much with their stature and reps (except Caterina!).

In the home stretch now....

I think the MC knows far more than he's letting on, not just to others, but to us, the players/audience. He seems like a downright doofus sometimes, but at other times he is far more assured and decisive. Some examples:

- to Fawkes, about Luna: "She's dear to me, therefore I allow it." That is one hell of a presumptious thing to say!
- Jalen comments about how utterly unfazed ('bored') he is in the Kaskar household, which even the Crown Prince admits has a deservedly rotten reputation.
- His inner dialogue breakdown of the protection levels around Siobhan Ombra - far more knowledgeable than he's ever displayed before. Moreso than even the two Capos with him (although they're both kinda lunatics)
- His duel with Fawkes. Everyone talks about how atrocioius his aim is, but in a high-stress situation, he manages to hit a tiny target at least a half dozen times out of 19 shots. Fawkes is MUCH bigger. He could easily have hit him. And he planned to do this.
- He impresses numerous people with his maneuvering, from Fawkes, to the quasi-Capo, to Gildart and more.
- he has NO problem seducing the two daughters of a top 5 Family, as well as the heir-apparent's wife.

I submit he is FAR more than even we, the players, are being shown or hinted at, and, tying into the contract stuff, is A Really Big Deal. Maybe his Midichlorian count is off the charts and he'll bring balance to the criminal network, or something. Maybe the contract is one of protection, and not debt. Winfred and the Gents have been scouting him for years (decades?), and even they are constantly surprised. Perhaps even Rina is the one who exacted the contract from Cordia. (that's just speculation).

I'm sure lots of folks are going, "Well, duuuh," but hey, I enjoyed musing on it.l Either way, it's a really fun ride.

Reactions: Legend 123

Scarecrow13

Jul 16, 2017
I'll follow up that mental sticky-beating with some lighter fare. I see him building his own house/team. It's already well underway.

Eiza - muscle, infiltration
Joey - Infiltration, infiltration, infiltration, and possibly dying on every mission.
Siobhan - Intelligence (c'mon, you know she's gonna fall under his spell somehow - like, a contract from the Ombras)
Gracie - Strategy
Luna - Chaos. Awesome, awesome, chaos
Fawkes - Gun crazy
Red Bikini Bernero Girl - ???

But Scarecrow - half of those are with other families! My answer? "Just you wait"

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
If the next update doesnt give Luna more story/scenes, indeed it may be time to go find my bucket o pitch...
3 events.

1 story event with good amount of renders. Longer than the average event but not my name is Luna long.
1 story finale. Short event. This one has always meant to be short. Just a nice dinner to finish the season with.
1 lewd event with Isabel. 2 animations.

So, light content compared to usual. But that doesn't mean I haven't made more. Just that i have t added those in this release. I rather get some fire at me then release the other event that i personally not too happy with.
So far, only girl who's getting a dedicated event is Isabel.
The "Story event" I'd assume that's an event closing off Gracie's "Working for Family" arc.

So sure, Luna could be in some extent (to the story event and story finale) but Luna exclusive events?
We'll all likely need to wait till season 2.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I'll follow up that mental sticky-beating with some lighter fare. I see him building his own house/team. It's already well underway.

Eiza - muscle, infiltration
Joey - Infiltration, infiltration, infiltration, and possibly dying on every mission.
Siobhan - Intelligence (c'mon, you know she's gonna fall under his spell somehow - like, a contract from the Ombras)
Gracie - Strategy
Luna - Chaos. Awesome, awesome, chaos
Fawkes - Gun crazy
Red Bikini Bernero Girl - ???

But Scarecrow - half of those are with other families! My answer? "Just you wait"
Wouldn't really say Eiza to be going under "muscle" category is fitting because her specialty (given her Family) is Assassination.
Muscle, I'd say is more fitting for characters who use brute force with frontal assaults like Angelo, Gottardo etc.

And with Red Bikini Girl, given she's a primarily Contracts character I could be wrong but I'm doubtful she'll become a major character in the main story (Hopes said before that while there will be cases where main LIs make cameos in contracts contracts first character making big waves in main story? It will be unlikely. At best, she will have very limited extent of appearance like Lelianna's case in Fly White Bird Fly event, but not more than that I'd assume).

Scarecrow13

Jul 16, 2017
Wouldn't really say Eiza to be going under "muscle" category is fitting because her specialty (given her Family) is Assassination.
Muscle, I'd say is more fitting for characters who use brute force with frontal assaults like Angelo, Gottardo etc.
She certainly has the assassination chops, but she also went full frontal in the Fawkes mission. MC even mused about her going physical, and Joey going stealth and how it made for an incredible balance.

I guess she's "Warrior". She can fill either role.

And just as an aside, Joey is my hands down my favorite character, and it's not even close! (which is saying something, because there are so many good ones).

I would totally pay to see and Joey and Gottardo Road Show.

Reactions: Legend 123

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
She certainly has the assassination chops, but she also went full frontal in the Fawkes mission. MC even mused about her going physical, and Joey going stealth and how it made for an incredible balance.

I guess she's "Warrior". She can fill either role.
There's couple of things you're not taking into account though;

She didn't go full frontal assault on them. While not an entirely stealthy approach, she still used the element of surprise and dropped on them from the rooftop and took them down easily when they were shocked to see her.

And there is also the fact that those guys she fought were all Soldatos (and in comparison, Eiza herself states she would at least be an Elite, i.e. Elite Soldato if she was given an official rank).
She only went sort of partial commando mode on them because she was was basically pissed at MC's remark implying that rank shouldn't matter.

So yes, against the inexperienced like the Soldatos (ones weaker than her), she may be able to go frontal assault. But doing so against skilled opponent who are on the same level or even greater than herself?
Doing so would be suicidal (compared to the Soldatos, other Elites and Capos would likely be much better adapt to such method).

I mean her Family are experts in assassination arts. So obviously frontal assault wouldn't be their forte.

And MC's remarks were more of how reliable she is as an Elite Soldato and how she's striking lethal points (with Joey remarking "She's an assassin, afterall"). I don't find it at all relevant with being physical or her being apt with frontal assaults.
In fact, I feel completely opposite.

In my eyes, her specialty seems definitely in the area of stealth, kill/execution from shadows, and as you said, infiltration.

Last edited:
Reactions: c3p0

Scarecrow13

Jul 16, 2017
I'm talking about appearances, facades and assumptions within the game, with the point being that what is presented is inaccurate.

Serpent, and I think Wildred had mild reactions on Rina. As for the father...suspected by whom? I don't recall any character saying that. Players, sure. But no one has any leads on the Mysterious 6, except possibly Wilfred, who might be one of them?

Serpent DNA, but not Serpent-rated - which again, is consistent withthe point that so many assumptions and so much of what is presented is false or wrong. Sure, the MC misleads everyone...but he, too, is mislead. And so are we players. And this is what makes it such a delicious mystery.

4.40 star(s) 493 Votes