Mar 5, 2023
speculation - Joe. He's also the first name we are introduced to in the car by Wilfred himself. And most importantly, Joe doesn't take Antonio's order seriously but follows Gracie's.
Well haven't seen forgettable Joe shoot in yet, however he has a gun which indicates he's probably good with its use.
Joe said he isn't good with shooting during Gracie's main mission. But I've a feeling he's lying just like he did before.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
The Silverino Family did not only not put the hit out on the MC, they went there to stop the Ombra's from carrying out the contract.

If they would have issued the hit, they could've just pulled it again but they went to the Ombra's and ASK them to hold the hit.

And "sitting in the wrong chair" ? For real ? How do you think one issues a hit "Hey Bruno, go there and shoot whoever sits in the 3rd chair from the right!!!" ?
And do you honestly believe that when issueing a target they don't even clarify gender ? Like that would be the worst hitman in the history of hitmen ! :D
if you bothered to actually look at the cutscenes, you would notice the head of the Ombra isn't exactly all there in his head. we see 1 of his men actually threaten him when he is getting mad at the woman. also in the first dinner at the DeLuca estate, we see MC get poisoned which means someone knew exactly where he would sit. finally, it could be one of MC siblings who wants him dead since technically he could be next in line if he were to go to the Silverino family. we know his father is or will be the don of the family and since MC mother was one of the four original serpents, they might see him as potentially being of greater value compared to his siblings who we can only assume barely measure up to him

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
So..... yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised getting a DM from Hopes (the dev) on discord with the following message:

Snap_2023-05-24_at_20.34.52.png

Of course, me being a huge DeLuca nerd/geek, this was without a doubt

download.jpg

Received Hopes' Lore section docx file from him and finally finished going through it (and yesterday and today gave my feedback, suggestions, questions etc etc to Hopes), and I must say, the Lore section is great. It's extensive, and contains a lot of world-building and history of the DeLuca-verse.

So ladies & gentlemen, who have been fans of this game and are following DeLuca and love its lore (like me), you're all in for a real treat (good things are definitely coming!).

p.s. please don't send me messages/DMs asking for the Lore docx file, cause I will ignore all such requests (or demands if people are rude about it :HideThePain: ). Hopes sent that to me in confidence to get a feedback and I will not be betraying that (he did give his permission to share my feedback on it on this thread though, hence this post).

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
So..... yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised getting a DM from Hopes (the dev) on discord with the following message:

View attachment 2647273

View attachment 2647280

Received Hopes' Lore section docx file from him and finally finished going through it (and yesterday and today gave my feedback, suggestions, questions etc etc to Hopes), and I must say, the Lore section is great. It's extensive, and contains a lot of world-building and history of the DeLuca-verse.

So ladies & gentlemen, who have been fans of this game and are following DeLuca and love its lore (like me), you're all in for a real treat (good things are definitely coming!).

p.s. please don't send me messages/DMs asking for the Lore docx file, cause I will ignore all such requests (or demands if people are rude about it :HideThePain:). Hopes sent that to me in confidence to get a feedback and I will not be betraying that (he did give his permission to share my feedback on it on this thread though, hence this post).
You've must do that? You couldn't let it be?
I'm calling the mob.
mob.gif

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
if you bothered to actually look at the cutscenes, you would notice the head of the Ombra isn't exactly all there in his head. we see 1 of his men actually threaten him when he is getting mad at the woman.
That "woman" was the acting Donna of the Ombras.

also in the first dinner at the DeLuca estate, we see MC get poisoned which means someone knew exactly where he would sit.
Exactly, and what he looks like and what gender he is. But you don't issue a hit just based on the seating at the table, any hitman would need a picture or a thorough description, otherwise 99.9% of all assassination attempts would end up being an "oops".

finally, it could be one of MC siblings who wants him dead since technically he could be next in line if he were to go to the Silverino family. we know his father is or will be the don of the family and since MC mother was one of the four original serpents, they might see him as potentially being of greater value compared to his siblings who we can only assume barely measure up to him
Yes we don't know who wants to kill the MC yet, but that doesn't change the fact that the Silverinos specifically go to the Ombra's to ask them to put the hit on hold. So that means they can't have issued the hit, or otherwise they could've just pulled the hit. A person within the Silverinos could have personally issued the hit, but we don't have enough information on that yet.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017

View attachment 2647273

View attachment 2647280

p.s. please don't send me messages/DMs asking for the Lore docx file, cause I will ignore all such requests (or demands if people are rude about it :HideThePain:). Hopes sent that to me in confidence to get a feedback and I will not be betraying that (he did give his permission to share my feedback on it on this thread though, hence this post).

254548a7093a926bd001d67c6eb223cd.png

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
That "woman" was the acting Donna of the Ombras.

Exactly, and what he looks like and what gender he is. But you don't issue a hit just based on the seating at the table, any hitman would need a picture or a thorough description, otherwise 99.9% of all assassination attempts would end up being an "oops".

Yes we don't know who wants to kill the MC yet, but that doesn't change the fact that the Silverinos specifically go to the Ombra's to ask them to put the hit on hold. So that means they can't have issued the hit, or otherwise they could've just pulled the hit. A person within the Silverinos could have personally issued the hit, but we don't have enough information on that yet.
for the woman thing, it could be people don't respect the don and see him as just a figurehead and choose not to listen to him. also the seat at the table was told to the people responsible for the first attempt by Trino and since he's dead now, they wouldn't have known that MC isn't sitting there at that time which means they would assume to just aim there. as for the Silverinos, one of MC siblings, having grown up in that life, would see MC as a threat and go to the Ombra's to put the hit on him just to ensure MC couldn't take over if given the chance. and since the Silverinos are hostile towards the DeLucas, if MC were to take over, he could order a cease fire between the families. the fact is we know Serpent hates MC's father and if given the chance, would kill him and I believe MC's father would try to kill Serpent too and that would cause an all out war. honestly these things are what make me think the Silverino family and MC's father will play a bigger role in season 2 and hopefully we get to see MC go full on Rambo and start killing both Ombra and Silverino family members alike. we know MC can adjust how others see him to win which would be a great way to deal with whatever bastard shot Gracie

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I don't know man, I really don't wanna see the MC turn into "rambo" or anyone like him, I want him to stay the MC, you know use his head and his strength rather than try to catch up on people who have been training for decades.

I'm a sucker for redemption archs, so I was always hoping that one day the MC will be in danger of getting killed and then his mom pops up and gives his attackers the famous "Get your hands of my son!!!" line. But the more we know about Rita, the more she sounds like a complete nutcase, indifferent to life, egomaniacal and without any empathy.

Maybe the warning from Serpent outside the Ombra warehouse, that the MC should'nt be too sad once he learns the truth, means that the MC's mom and dad just threw him away as a bargaining chip to avoid a worse punishment.

I have a feeling the game is gonna break our hearts a few more times.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I don't know man, I really don't wanna see the MC turn into "rambo" or anyone like him, I want him to stay the MC, you know use his head and his strength rather than try to catch up on people who have been training for decades.

I'm a sucker for redemption archs, so I was always hoping that one day the MC will be in danger of getting killed and then his mom pops up and gives his attackers the famous "Get your hands of my son!!!" line. But the more we know about Rita, the more she sounds like a complete nutcase, indifferent to life, egomaniacal and without any empathy.

Maybe the warning from Serpent outside the Ombra warehouse, that the MC should'nt be too sad once he learns the truth, means that the MC's mom and dad just threw him away as a bargaining chip to avoid a worse punishment.

I have a feeling the game is gonna break our hearts a few more times.
I always assumed that Rita tried more than once to kill MC given how indifferent he is to her or how she is. Codia is a saint compared to her and by all accounts a warm loving mother albeit likely to have people dealt with if disrespected

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I always assumed that Rita tried more than once to kill MC given how indifferent he is to her or how she is. Codia is a saint compared to her and by all accounts a warm loving mother albeit likely to have people dealt with if disrespected
Cordia is a stone cold killer, there is no doubt about that, but otherwise you don't get to where she is.

It's interessting that the only time Cordia seems "human" or somewhat engaged is when talking to the MC in private.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Well, he can't stay the way he is, as Wilfred said (in Gracie's missions events), he can't let fear and hesitation rule over him, otherwise he wouldn't be able to survive.
Sure, he did well using his cunning, but there's only so much he can do just using that talent (of being "underestimated") before it becomes too much for just that alone.

That's part of why DeLucas are training him. So he gets experience, gets stronger, to be able to survive in this underworld.

Following is NOT part of Lore stuff, but actually what Hopes himself mentioned (as one of replies to my several questions that I asked about in the past), but both MC & his rival (100% likely it's Dominico) will go through a "training from hell" by the Serpents in the mountains sometime in the future.
And given Cynthia (third Serpent, after Gottardo & "Serpent") is confirmed to be making some appearances in Season 2 (also another fact confirmed by Hopes, on this thread), I'd imagine things will happen that push our MC out from his cowardice (Gracie getting shot I think will be the first step towards that), and committing more time to getting himself stronger.

Besides, new generation of Serpents will need to rise up & get stronger. This doesn't diminish the accomplishments of the old generation, it's just the way things will go:

OG Cordia, Rina, MC's father, and fourth Serpent generation →

2nd generation of Serpents "Serpent", Gottardo, Cynthia, 4th Serpent →

and this will be the story of our era of upcoming Serpents, which I'm guessing would most likely be comprised of MC, Luna, Gracie, & Dominico (Luna & Gracie, becoming future Serpents I think is a given. Pretty sure, that's in store for our MC also. Only one I'm 100% sure isn't Dom, but given the game's been portraying him as MC's rival of sorts, I'd say it's most likely)

Of course, MC & the rest (like Luna, Gracie, Dom) becoming Serpent level won't happen soon, and it will take time but the game's already planned for 3 seasons anyway (and only just finished season 1), and there's time within season 2 for MC to go through a lot of changes for himself (and out of the rest, only Luna is Capo rank, Gracie is rankless, and Dom is still a Soldato like MC).

Just my thoughts on the matter based on what Hopes shared in the past (so yeah, MC will become badass with training that will be coming but it will feel like a natural progression with the story).

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Well, he can't stay the way he is, as Wilfred said (in Gracie's missions events), he can't let fear and hesitation rule over him, otherwise he wouldn't be able to survive.
Sure, he did well using his cunning, but there's only so much he can do just using that talent (of being "underestimated") before it becomes too much for just that alone.
While that is true - cunning will get you only so far if you cannot back up your BS when questioned - I understood TimHawk more going into the direction many games go (not only AVN) of "Now I trained 25 points in strength, don't hawe to think anymore, I will one hit the world heavyweight boxing champion and he will go down, when he hits me, no problem, I also have 25 points endurance". While of course elements of this are in any stat using game, it can get very heavy handed.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TimHawk

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
While that is true - cunning will get you only so far if you cannot back up your BS when questioned - I understood TimHawk more going into the direction many games go (not only AVN) of "Now I trained 25 points in strength, don't hawe to think anymore, I will one hit the world heavyweight boxing champion and he will go down, when he hits me, no problem, I also have 25 points endurance". While of course elements of this are in any stat using game, it can get very heavy handed.
I didn't read his full convo with drifter, but I understood it more as him saying he's not keen on seeing MC catching up to other current high ranked individuals (like Capos, Serpents).
And to elaborate, what I meant was "he can't stay the way he was" didn't mean "strength take over all and he starts leaving his brain outside the door."

That would be bad writing (which I'd really not want but I doubt that would happen tbh), and also while MC, and other young soldiers instantly getting to that badass level would also definitely be bad , I think this game will pace itself as to how these young characters progress in their growth.

To add, I think this game will feel more natural in terms of how promotion goes with D, C, B, A, S contracts.
S rank or higher contracts are ones undertaken by high ranked soldiers (Serpents, Capos, Wilfred's Division), whereas D, C, B, A, are split between Associate → Soldato → Elite Soldato ranks

(so 3 promotions likely within these D,C, B, A ranked contracts.
Though given Hopes said we'll see contracts with some high ranked soldiers as well, I do wonder whether we'll see Capos, Wilfred's Division take A ranked contracts, hmmmmm)

Being split into different tiers like that, I do think it will be alright (well I hope so, at least).

(yawn, too tired, going to bed now...)

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017

That's part of why DeLucas are training him. So he gets experience, gets stronger, to be able to survive in this underworld.

Following is NOT part of Lore stuff, but actually what Hopes himself mentioned (as one of replies to my several questions that I asked about in the past), but both MC & his rival (100% likely it's Dominico) will go through a "training from hell" by the Serpents in the mountains sometime in the future.
And given Cynthia (third Serpent, after Gottardo & "Serpent") is confirmed to be making some appearances in Season 2 (also another fact confirmed by Hopes, on this thread), I'd imagine things will happen that push our MC out from his cowardice (Gracie getting shot I think will be the first step towards that), and committing more time to getting himself stronger.

Besides, new generation of Serpents will need to rise up & get stronger. This doesn't diminish the accomplishments of the old generation, it's just the way things will go:

2nd generation of Serpents "Serpent", Gottardo, Cynthia, 4th Serpent →

and this will be the story of our era of upcoming Serpents, which I'm guessing would most likely be comprised of MC, Luna, Gracie, & Dominico (Luna & Gracie, becoming future Serpents I think is a given. Pretty sure, that's in store for our MC also. Only one I'm 100% sure isn't Dom, but given the game's been portraying him as MC's rival of sorts, I'd say it's most likely)

Of course, MC & the rest (like Luna, Gracie, Dom) becoming Serpent level won't happen soon, and it will take time but the game's already planned for 3 seasons anyway (and only just finished season 1), and there's time within season 2 for MC to go through a lot of changes for himself (and out of the rest, only Luna is Capo rank, Gracie is rankless, and Dom is still a Soldato like MC).

Just my thoughts on the matter based on what Hopes shared in the past (so yeah, MC will become badass with training that will be coming but it will feel like a natural progression with the story).
First of thank you for the training info, I did not know that, I played the game once very early on and then basically came back at 0.8 so I'm missing lots of context and info.

And wow bro, I'm kinda blown away that you think the Luna, Gracie, and the MC will be Serpents one day, like Luna maybe, but it never even occured to me as far as the other two go.

I was convinced that the MC and Gracie will go the Wilfred route, as in become a team and eventually be responsible for all mission planning and strategic ressource management of all the Families assets. It would appease Cordia by keeping Gracie out of harms way and fully utilize the rare talents and gifts these two have.

I understand that the MC has to learn how to hold his own, but it would really bum me out, if he turns from someone who uses his brain first to someone who shoots first and asks questions later. I want him to become a badass by being able to predict what anyone will do before anyone else does.

Shouldn't that be : OG Cordia, Rina, Dante, and fourth Serpent generation → ?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

Shouldn't that be : OG Cordia, Rina, Dante, and fourth Serpent generation → ?
Going to bed now, so I'll read the rest of your post later.
From what I understand, both of MC's parents are Serpents.
His mother is Rina (Cordia's friend), and his father is most likely the one with the face burnt off in the photo (who isn't Rina's fiance) in Cordia's office.

So is would be :

OG Cordia, Rina, MC's father, and Rina's fiance generation (just forgot to include that first in previous post) →

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Going to bed now, so I'll read the rest of your post later.
From what I understand, both of MC's parents are Serpents.
His mother is Rina (Cordia's friend), and his father is most likely the one with the face burnt off in the photo (who isn't Rina's fiance) in Cordia's office.

So is would be :

OG Cordia, Rina, MC's father, and Rina's fiance generation (just forgot to include that first in previous post) →
Sweet dreams brother.

Cordia, Rita and Dante (Rita's fiance) are locks, they all get confirmed as OG serpents.

Which means either the 4th one is the MC's father or his father wasn't an OG serpent.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes