Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Because people think the guy who's burned out of the photo, of the original Serpents, is MC's Father.
You don't burn someone out of a photo, unless you have some personal (presumably painful) reason to remove their image.
Suspicion is that MC's Father was young Cordia's partner, possibly betrayed her by cheating with Rina.
People generally don't want to see their ex & burning them out of a photo is a pretty emotional response to whatever actually happened.
It fits, speculatively.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
We know that the burned out Serpent & Rina both left the Family.
We do not know why, but there is clearly some major personal issue there, it's not just business.
Cordia is ice cold in business.

Rina's behaviour towards MC may well be a warped sense of her preparing him for the world he's born into. Funnily enough, it saved his life.
I don't think it needs to get rapey.

Cordia's regret, about the situation with Rina, could well be why MC's contract exists.
You could very well be right, but I think that if the MC was the result of consensual sex between the burned out Serpent and Rina, there's less of a reason for Cordia to take such an outsized interest in MC, since that would mean he's the bastard estranged son of an enemy. I think a big part of the contract is Cordia feeling sorry for a tragedy that happened to her close friend Rina.

But hey, only Hopes know for sure at this point. We are all just guessing and talking out of our behinds. :ROFLMAO:

terranq

Oct 26, 2019
Hello Guys,

I am experiencing an issue loading my saves. I played the game and saved in multiple times. However, whenever I try to load my saves. The game always resumes from the same point which I am supposed to get a bottle of wine from Gina. Is there a fix for that?

THanks
Not as of right now, but Hope is aware and already looking into it. Keep in mind that he has a full time job, so it might take him a day or two.

Is there any update on this? All my progress is completely gone.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Being the son of an enemy is not reason to keep an eye on him? What??
If anything, that makes him someone you absolutely want to know about.
Never heard of "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"?

Given that MC is highly manipulative, it's more likely that MC's Father manipulated Rina, than raped her.
Whatever rapey situation you're constantly envisaging, I think that's on you.
Maybe she\they just fell in love?
Her being raped does not, in any way, tie into her leaving the Family.
Her being manipulated, or being in love, absolutely does.

They would probably take an interest in someone who was the offspring of 1 Serpent, never mind someone with both parents being Serpents!
You cannot call it an outsized interest, without knowing what the contract is.
Perhaps what you consider outsized interest, is simply contractual terms.

If it was just Cordia feeling sorry for her old friend, then I don't see any reason why they have been monitoring MC since he was a child.
They would've just waited until the contract came due, then moved on him.
Which suggests that they were watching him & taking note of his manipulative skills in the playground, because of his potential.
Which ties directly into him being the offspring of 2 Serpents.
Genetic potential. It's 100% his bloodline, from both parents.
Hey relax, I'm just offering an alternate scenario. I even said you could very well be right. But until Hopes deems us worthy enough to know that part of the plot, and with JJJ sworn to secrecy and not leaking anything, we are both just guessing. The only difference between us is I'm bored so I'm pushing the theory further off the beaten track for fun.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
You could very well be right, but I think that if the MC was the result of consensual sex between the burned out Serpent and Rina, there's less of a reason for Cordia to take such an outsized interest in MC, since that would mean he's the bastard estranged son of an enemy. I think a big part of the contract is Cordia feeling sorry for a tragedy that happened to her close friend Rina.

But hey, only Hopes know for sure at this point. We are all just guessing and talking out of our behinds. :ROFLMAO:
If you think the information Hope gave us in the last update is correct and not misleading us on purpose, then the non consensual sex theory seems a tad strange.

Code:
Elektra : "Your mother was as vicious as they came."
Elektra : "Some would even say she was a morally bankrupt person."
Elektra : "Rina was engaged to another of the Serpents, one named Dante."
Elektra : "But he died when she betrayed the Family."
Elektra : "She was exiled. Not just exiled from the DeLuca Family, but from the entire underworld."
I don't even wanna know, what counts as so egregious in that fucked up world, that one gets exiled from the entire underworld, but it at least sounded like it's a very rare occurence and the setup makes it sound like no normal person could ever guess what it was because it's completely off the scale fucked up.

Like even cheating on a Don/Donna or rape probably isn't something that concerns the Pacificatoris and would've rather been handled internally.

However I agree with you that Cordia being so invested in the MC is very odd and with our current level of knowledge even crazy. She is putting her entire family at risk, by not just throwing the MC into a cell and throwing the key away, against the advice of Wilfred. And all we know is that she never met him and that she isn't blood related to him, so it stands to reason that it must be something HUGE, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense.

When Wilfred catches the "Gracie-Gang" after their kidnapping mission, he says to the MC :

"You may get away with a failure from this, due to your position in the Family."

What position ??? He's a Soldato ! Like the hints keep piling up, but it's never enough to tie it all together.

Let's all just agree, that the game and most of all Hope are infuriating and should not be consumed or talked to, unless being completely hammered !!! (y)

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
If you think the information Hope gave us in the last update is correct and not misleading us on purpose, then the non consensual sex theory seems a tad strange.

Code:
Elektra : "Your mother was as vicious as they came."
Elektra : "Some would even say she was a morally bankrupt person."
Elektra : "She was exiled. Not just exiled from the DeLuca Family, but from the entire underworld."
I don't even wanna know, what counts as so egregious in that fucked up world, that one gets exiled from the entire underworld, but it at least sounded like it's a very rare occurence and the setup makes it sound like no normal person could ever guess what it was because it's completely off the scale fucked up.

Like even cheating on a Don/Donna or rape probably isn't something that concerns the Pacificatoris and would've rather been handled internally.

However I agree with you that Cordia being so invested in the MC is very odd and with our current level of knowledge even crazy. She is putting her entire family at risk, by not just throwing the MC into a cell and throwing the key away, against the advice of Wilfred. And all we know is that she never met him and that she isn't blood related to him, so it stands to reason that it must be something HUGE, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense.

When Wilfred catches the "Gracie-Gang" after their kidnapping mission, he says to the MC :

"You may get away with a failure from this, due to your position in the Family."

What position ??? He's a Soldato ! Like the hints keep piling up, but it's never enough to tie it all together.

Let's all just agree, that the game and most of all Hope are infuriating and should not be consumed or talked to, unless being completely hammered !!! (y)
Well I'll be damned. I forgot about that Elektra bit. That does make my theory not only just further off the beaten track, but out right to la la land, doesn't it?

I blame this on Hopes not finish with the next release already! :p And if that flew right over your head, I'd like to state for the record that I have never and still do not mind the wait. I'd genuinely like Hopes to take his sweet time to get it right instead of rushing it.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
The difference is that there is precedent for MC being highly manipulative from a very young age.
So it stands to reason that at least one of his parents is also pretty manipulative.

You're suggesting she was raped. That's pretty extreme!

Her being manipulated, or genuinely being in love, are both far more probable than rape, particularly in a game which has no precedent for touching such content.
Man, I gotta remember that not everybody will always agree with my admittedly sometimes weird sense of humor. Ok you win. I'm wrong. ;)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
lol I can't read "simp" without thinking back to 2000AD comic, in the 80's. Judge Dredd in particular.
View attachment 2660467
Although it meant "simpleton" in that.

Ha ha ha, well spotted! I completely missed that, until you pointed it out.
Continuity error 101... :ROFLMAO:
I do think "our" simp does also trace its roots to "simpleton" but I am not sure. However, due to my job I think something else than most of you anyway when talking or anyways ;)

Because people think the guy who's burned out of the photo, of the original Serpents, is MC's Father.
You don't burn someone out of a photo, unless you have some personal (presumably painful) reason to remove their image.

People generally don't want to see their ex & burning them out of a photo is a pretty emotional response to whatever actually happened.
We know that Cordia feels some regret, over whatever happened with Rina, but Rina is not burned out of the photo.
This suggests that the blame\accountability is on the person who is burned out.
Suspicion is that MC's Father was young Cordia's partner, possibly betrayed her by cheating with Rina.
This would also provide some reasoning for Rina being somewhat mentally disturbed.
It also provides solid reasoning for why the Family has been watching him, since he was a child.
If he's the child of 2 Serpents, he has potential to be exceptional.

It fits, speculatively.
Which would still leave the question why ask for a comparison with somebody else? Since we were talking simps, this reeks of insecurity to me, I don't trust in my abilities, I need validation, especially that I am not only good but the best (in a question where there is no objective "best" anyway and the odds of getting an honest assessment are slim at best).

After the "contract" is over will we be given an option to walk away from the family?
Nobody knows. Well, Hopes has the major story elements jotted down, so he would, and JJJ may have gathered all the clues to make an educated guess by now, but the rest of us won't know.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
What risk does MC pose to her entire family? :unsure:
I was referring to what Antonia says to the MC in the Straffan mission.

"You've barely gotten your feet wet and now you are jumping into a fight with the top brass before backup arrives?! Do you know what would happen to our family if something happened to you?!"

I always considered that line to be a big genuine hint from Hope, because in that moment Antonio is somewhat shell shocked from almost witnessing his sister die and probably more honest than he should've been.

And that's why I can't, for the life of me, figure out why Cordia let's the MC do whatever and not just protects her family first, as I said, it must be something HUGE in my opinion.

Which being the child of 2 Serpents absolutely is. It doesn't get much bigger.
I don't think that potential, which would still be incredibly low given genetic diversity, is enough for the risks Cordia is willing to take. Especially now, where we know that the DeLuca's have 4 Serpents, the Silverino's have 3 Sterlings and so on. If you extrapolate that for the entire Underworld there must be dozens, if not a hundred on that level/rank.

The position that he's not just a Soldato. Soldatos don't live in the main house, with the family.
He holds a priveliged position. I expect it's this, that Wilfred is referring to.
Probably why he said "position", not "rank".
But how does that protect him, he doesn't live in the soldier quarters but IS a de facto Soldato, so to me "position" indicates something more, something big.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
His position has nothing to do with his rank.
He is in a priveliged position.
Living with the Family should not be enough to protect the MC from disobeying orders, starting a conflict or doing things in the name of the Family without permission. It really makes no sense to me.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Presumably because, if something happens to MC, DeLuca's have not held up the contract.
Failing to uphold their side of the contract, probably wouldn't reflect too well on a major family. :unsure:
I agree that it has to be related to the contract, but it also can't be standard contract language, since Eiza is under contract and not only does nobody seem to give a fuck wether she lives or dies, she even gets put under the command of the MC who has no clue what he's doing.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Reading back to what we've all just discussed, may have given me another point that needs speculating and discussing.

We know that Dante left the DeLuca's to join Efrem and the Carnefice Family and I would assume by then the engagement was called of.

And then he died in a conflict that at least involved Rina, and presumably was even started by her, which leads me to believe it also involved the Carnefice Family.

Let's assume for a minute that Dante was the one who broke of the engagement with Rina, because she is batshit crazy and brutal and all those good things and also decided that he doesn't wanna work with her anymore, so he decides to leave.

He then meets a new girl while working for the Carnefice Family, falls in love, Rina goes terminator and attacks them without the blessing from the Deluca's, or any valid reason that would allow for one family to attack another as far as the Pacifactories are concerned. She goes completely ham, killing dozens, including "younglings" and people way below her rank.

In you opinion, would that qualify for being fucked up enough to be exiled from the entire Underworld ?

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Reading back to what we've all just discussed, may have given me another point that needs speculating and discussing.

We know that Dante left the DeLuca's to join Efrem and the Carnefice Family and I would assume by then the engagement was called of.

And then he died in a conflict that at least involved Rina, and presumably was even started by her, which leads me to believe it also involved the Carnefice Family.

Let's assume for a minute that Dante was the one who broke of the engagement with Rina, because she is batshit crazy and brutal and all those good things and also decided that he doesn't wanna work with her anymore, so he decides to leave.

He then meets a new girl while working for the Carnefice Family, falls in love, Rina goes terminator and attacks them without the blessing from the Deluca's, or any valid reason that would allow for one family to attack another as far as the Pacifactories are concerned. She goes completely ham, killing dozens, including "younglings" and people way below her rank.

In you opinion, would that qualify for being fucked up enough to be exiled from the entire Underworld ?
This is way better than my stupid theory! (y)

• Haha
Reactions: TimHawk

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
At least in part Rina's personalitiy seems to fit a crime of rage. When the MC sneaks into Cordia's office, in the ensuing conversation, Cordia says :

"But she also was kind of a malcontent... and rather outgoing. And made that clear to anyone. No matter their status or what situations we found ourselves in. We got into quite a fair amount of trouble, due to that."

And Cordia also calls Dante her friend, which could make the punishment more personal.

I just can't find a way to connect it to the MC's contract, something would still be missing, unless it's a "normal" punishment to assign one's first born over to contract duty if such a crime is commited.

It could further be true, that in those cases the Family who takes on that contract would have to ensure the personal well being of the person under contract or be hit with severe penalties themselves, which would fly really well with what Antonio said.

It's razor thin, but it's something and at least in opinion not completely batshit crazy.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I just can't find a way to connect it to the MC's contract, something would still be missing, unless it's a "normal" punishment to assign one's first born over to contract duty if such a crime is commited.
Yeah, nor is there any connect to the other Serpent being burnt out of the photo.
He obviously did something emotionally distressing to whoever burned him out.
What's more emotionally distressing, than cheating on you with your friend?
What bigger "betrayal"?
Burned out guy being MC's Father, manipulating Rina into cheating on Dante, while he's cheating on Cordia, ticks all the boxes.
Dante left. Rina went over the edge. Cordia feels regret. MC was actively watched since early childhood.

I don't think there's anything "normal" about MC's contract. :ROFLMAO:
Especially now, where we know that the DeLuca's have 4 Serpents, the Silverino's have 3 Sterlings and so on. If you extrapolate that for the entire Underworld there must be dozens, if not a hundred on that level/rank.
Yes, there are at least double figures of that rank, or equivalent. But MC may well be the first offspring of 2.
As I said, I'm sure they'd be watching the offspring of 1, to see if they displayed any traits.
The offspring of 2, they're definitely watching.
He could be the ultimate Serpent!

Last edited:
Reactions: TimHawk

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
English is not my native,so sorry for mistakes.
In many legends,ice queen was betrayed an took care of the other children.The mystical old man who gives glasses gives a lot of food for thought. He says in particular that history repeats itself, and people do not learn anything.And we know that he made mc's contract.Shivon said about granddad,who had returned.As i remember,Nazazi called not only mc's dad *manwhore* but his own dad too.I think that he is misterious old man,he is the father of nazazi and mc dad and he tried prevent war by these contracts.
About mc's father.I don't think that he raped Rina.He seems to be mc from many many games with *hellish burn,baby, burn run.Like,fuck as many as possible,think only about himself,greedy for money,power etc.His story ends and now we can see some consequences being his son. Imagine how many people he betrayed, how many women he seduced. I would not be surprised that Zin was killed because of cheating.And now a lot of big shots are those whose mothers, sisters, wives were seduced.That is one of main reasons,why many people wants mc dead.He is copy of his father.Physical pain is not as bad as ego damage. This is what Wilfred warns the mc about not hurting girls.Mc does not believe that Wilfred was serious and that he would never cause physical harm.NO,Wilfred was very very serious.He meant mental damage which is much worse than physical.
And last.Contract is not his shackles.The main shackles are his thinking. When he realizes that with or without a contract, he is forever part of the criminal world, when he accepts the Deluca family with his heart, only then will he be able to reach his potential. He is very difficult to assess due to his laziness, stealth and belief that he will be able to return to the normal world for a short time. But I would not be surprised if he can surpass the potential of snakes, like Gracie.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
English is not my native,so sorry for mistakes.
In many legends,ice queen was betrayed an took care of the other children.The mystical old man who gives glasses gives a lot of food for thought. He says in particular that history repeats itself, and people do not learn anything.And we know that he made mc's contract.Shivon said about granddad,who had returned.As i remember,Nazazi called not only mc's dad *manwhore* but his own dad too.I think that he is misterious old man,he is the father of nazazi and mc dad and he tried prevent war by these contracts.
I had the same idea and I asked Hope ( The developer ) in an Q&A session and he basically said "Nope, not the same dude."

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
By the way, I remember that the mysterious old man said that the father of the mc is looking after the children. Were there any ideas about this? For some reason, I immediately thought about Joe ... Joey ... about that guy who everyone forgets, the master of stealth . On the other hand, it is unlikely that the father could so easily break into the house himself. Are there any theories about this?

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes