TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Yeah, nor is there any connect to the other Serpent being burnt out of the photo.
He obviously did something emotionally distressing to whoever burned him out.
What's more emotionally distressing, than cheating on you with your friend?
What bigger "betrayal"?
Burned out guy being MC's Father, manipulating Rina into cheating on Dante, while he's cheating on Cordia, ticks all the boxes.
Dante left. Rina went over the edge. Cordia feels regret. MC was actively watched since early childhood.

I don't think there's anything "normal" about MC's contract. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, there are at least double figures of that rank, or equivalent. But MC may well be the first offspring of 2.
As I said, I'm sure they'd be watching the offspring of 1, to see if they displayed any traits.
The offspring of 2, they're definitely watching.
He could be the ultimate Serpent!
Something just occured to me. I think we have all been making the same mistake, or rather we have all been theorising under one assumption that just has to be wrong.

And that's that Rina's crime is in any way related to the MC's father, because it fails on many levels.

1) Same crime, same punishment, but there is no mention of him being exiled from the underworld or being punished too.
2) He can't have been the same person who lived with Rina and the MC, or he must have left/never been in the underworld, since any contact with Rina would've been forbidden.
3) Elektra calls him a high ranking member of the Silverinos, Nazazi calls him the Don of the Silverinos, in either case he neither left the underworld nor could he have been exiled.
4) The Serpent states that both of the MC's parents were a part of the underworld.

If we take all that into consideration a few things seem to be at the very least highly unlikely.

1) That he was an OG serpent or the burned out person in the picture.
2) That he was the one who lived with Rina and the MC.
3) That the rumours of him being a civilian worked associated with the underworld, who then rose up in rank, are just made up.

Like something in all that doesn't add up, something gotta give and we have been given wrong information, or rather some Characters have drawn the wrong conclusions.

The fact that everyone hates the MC's father with a passion and at the same time seems almost nostalgic and compassionate about Rina is really confusing. Did the MC's father commit a crime at all or was he just a manipulative piece of shit ?

Seriously whenever I think about this game I end up with 50 more questions than what I started with ... HOPE, I HATE YOU, you flipping danish weazel !!!

• Haha
Reactions: HopesGaming

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Because people think the guy who's burned out of the photo, of the original Serpents, is MC's Father.
You don't burn someone out of a photo, unless you have some personal (presumably painful) reason to remove their image.

People generally don't want to see their ex & burning them out of a photo is a pretty emotional response to whatever actually happened.
We know that Cordia feels some regret, over whatever happened with Rina, but Rina is not burned out of the photo.
This suggests that the blame\accountability is on the person who is burned out.
Suspicion is that MC's Father was young Cordia's partner, possibly betrayed her by cheating with Rina.
This would also provide some reasoning for Rina being somewhat mentally disturbed.
It also provides solid reasoning for why the Family has been watching him, since he was a child.
If he's the child of 2 Serpents, he has potential to be exceptional.

It fits, speculatively.
except that isn't his father. during one of the events, we learn that MC's father is part of the Silverino family and he was never part of the DeLuca family. the man in the photo can't be MC's father because of that reason. also we know Cordia has only ever been with 1 man and that was her late husband who fathered her 3 children. we do know that before leaving the DeLuca family, MC's mother was engaged to someone but she killed him which leads me to believe that she is incapable of actually loving anyone

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I never once made that assumption.

1. Who says they commited the same crime? If what I suggested is correct, he didn't betray the Family, he betrayed Cordia, on a personal level.
Entirely different.
We know Rina did betray the Family. It's categorically stated in-game. MC's Father manipulating her into doing so would give Cordia reason for regret, if she directed the ire at Rina, instead of the true perpetrator.

2. If he manipulated Rina, which fits with Cordia feeling regret towards her, why would she want him living with her?

3. So what? What he is now has nothing to do with what he previously was. If anything, previously being a Serpent would make him pretty likely to quickly climb the ranks in any Family he went to, after. No?

4. I don't see your point. That fits, if both his parents were OG Serpents.
It supports my suggestion, it doesn't contradict it.

Literally nothing that you have written makes 1) unlikely.
As with 2), above, who said he did live with Rina & MC? Him being MC's Father doesn't mean he lived with them. Where is it written that anyone at all lived with them?
For 3), you'll have to forgive my memory, but where are these rumours referenced in-game?
The MC states on multiple occasions that his father lived with his mom and him and then moved out while he was still young and that he has barely any memory of him. Then when he moved out, the MC's mom grew distant to the MC and changed.

Hence he can't have been a serpent or even part of the underworld since those were forbidden to have any contact with Rina, and that ban/exile didn't come from the DeLuca's it came from the Pacifactories.

Or, as I stated above if he was the 4th serpent and a part of the underworld, then it wasn't the man who lived with Rina and the MC.

The rumours come from two sources, 1) Elektra who states :

"The little intel that we could gather said that she had gotten a son with a civilian office worker."

then later :

"I believe your father was not just a simple civilian who worked in a normal office job."
"I believe he currently resides within the Silverino Family!"

2) the Ombras, who state :

"Background check shows he is a nobody. Both parents are ordinary."

camube

Jun 4, 2022
damn y'all discussions makes me want to replay Deluca from the beginning.

I'm seriously still impressed with Arrendersi, many many months after release. I hope it gets to Replay Room soon (or I'll just replay from the beginning).

Deluca is seriously top 3 games for me for sure

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
What are you talking about?

How does MC's Father being part of Silverinos mean that he was never a Serpent?
Dante joined a different Family. Why couldn't MC's Father? What possible reason supports this?

Where is it written that Cordia & the other 3 OG Serpents were part of DeLuca Family? Could well be that she formed that Family name in the aftermath of the war.
Not sure where it's stated that MC's Father was never a DeLuca, but it doesn't mean he can't have been an OG Serpent.
As I say, DeLuca may well have only been formed after the war.

Where is it stated that Cordia only had one sexual partner?
Even if this is the case, so what? She's not MC's Mother, so her giving birth to Antonio & the girls by Lucan, her only sexual partner, means absolutely nothing.
No-one said MC's Father fucked her.

Where is it stated that Rina killed Dante?
It's specifically stated that he was killed when she betrayed the Family, but it does not say by her.
okay. 1) the DeLuca did exist prior to the war. the Serpents were formed during the war and not after.
2) the name Dante is extremely common. chances are there were multiple named Dante.
3) according to Cordia, Rina taught her to connect to others as she considered herself introverted.
4) I honestly don't see Cordia as the type to have multiple partners considering prior to the game, she struggled to connect to others so sex would be almost impossible for her given her personality at the time.
5) the burnt out part of the photo could have been someone who died during the war, whether it was Rina or someone else that killed him.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Hence he can't have been a serpent or even part of the underworld since those were forbidden to have any contact with Rina, and that ban/exile didn't come from the DeLuca's it came from the Pacifactories.
Why are other crime families required to follow the decrees of cordia? Pretty sure her decrees only bind delucas and not the criminal underworld as a whole.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
To be fair, he said the exile was put in place by the Pacificatoris, not Cordia.

I still don't see why someone being exiled means someone who's not exiled can't have anything to do with them.
DeLucas were monitoring her & her child for years. If they were allowed to do that, I see nothing that precludes a made man from living with her.
She's exiled, so she can't enter their world, or have anything to do with their business.
That's all it means.
Living with a made man doesn't seem to contravene that, as long as he doesn't talk shop.
In a mafia world where one could get shot at just for attitude, an exile living with a made man is quite probably more than enough excuse to get both of them in real trouble in a hurry, regardless if they talk shop or not.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
To be fair, he said the exile was put in place by the Pacificatoris, not Cordia.

I still don't see why someone being exiled means someone who's not exiled can't have anything to do with them.
DeLucas were monitoring her & her child for years. If they were allowed to do that, I see nothing that precludes a made man from living with her.
She's exiled, so she can't enter their world, or have anything to do with their business.
That's all it means.
Living with a made man doesn't seem to contravene that, as long as he doesn't talk shop.
What spawned all of this was the information we got from Elektra, she said :

Elektra : "What I do know, is that she was exiled. Not just exiled from the DeLuca Family, but from the entire underworld."
Elektra : "She wasn't allowed to get close to anyone, and no one was allowed to get close to her either."

Which led me to my statement, that whoever lived with them, couldn't have been part of the underworld. As I understand it, that's is exactly why they only watched the MC from a distance and did not interact with him or train him, it would probably have broken the rules.

I also said that leaves us with two options, the man who lived with them was either not the MC's father, or he wasn't a serpent/part of the underworld.

Now there is obviously more to consider. Both the MC during the intro and Steadfast when talking to the MC state that the MC is under the contract because of the crimes commited by his parents, not just mother.

So maybe the MC's parents were judged on commiting different severities of the crime, with his father only having to serve a specific timeframe and as soon as that was up, he left the MC and Rina, returned to the underworld and rebuild his career, where as Rina is exiled for life.

Now to be clear, I still prefer the whole Antonio is the MC's brother theory over this one, but since Hope considered it so important to add the part about Rina's exile to the first season, we have to keep our minds open that other theories may also be plausible.

Reactions: whichone

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Seriously man fuck the Devs:cautious: I haven't cried for a VN since One Last Salty kiss, but the part where Luna tells the MC about Sofia and all the events that went down when she was held captive was just too heart wrenching. So fuck the devs for that:cautious:Excellent story telling but i don't cry man!! Yall made me cry!!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Fajlar6 and TimHawk

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Seriously man fuck the Devs:cautious: I haven't cried for a VN since One Last Salty kiss, but the part where Luna tells the MC about Sofia and all the events that went down when she was held captive was just too heart wrenching. So fuck the devs for that:cautious:Excellent story telling but i don't cry man!! Yall made me cry!!
I don't know if it's any comfort, but its only one dev, and YES we all hate him too !!!

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Hey guys, good day everyone, since i lost my pc i lost all my saves, so, i would know if we have new content after "the bullet" if u guys know what i mean, if yes, i'll try to save a day for read this novel again <3 if no, i will wait a little more <3

Last edited:

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
when i first saw this, i cried the entire dawn, i was like, 3 am crying, and stoped onlly after the morning when i fell aslep

4.40 star(s) 500 Votes