TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
It's sequential mate.

We finish school at 16, the legal age to begin work.
Then we either go to work, or college, depending on our grades when leaving school.
If you get high enough grades in your school education, you qualify for college education, which does 2 extra years for A Levels.
If you get good enough grades in your A Levels, you qualify for university education, which does 3-4 extra years for a Bachelor degree.
Then we have postgraduate Master's degree, which takes a further 1.5 - 2 years.
I dont know if the game takes place in a fictional country or an actual one, but I just found this :

"Decades of surveys have produced two important global facts:—
  • Average age of Year 1 law students worldwide is 24.
  • Average global duration of the legal qualifying process is 7–10 years.
So if we roll with 24, 24-25-26 seem to be the global average, but if the game takes place in the UK, then I'll obviously defer to your expertise over the global average. So what age would Jalen have to be at the minimum if he works as a full Lawyer ?

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
It takes 3 years to gain a Law degree.
Jalen would leave university at 21\22 with a Bachelor's in Law.
Then it takes another year to get on the .
Once you're on the Bar, you're a barrister.
Damnit, then if the game takes place in the UK the estimated age would have to be considerably lower, by as much as 3-4 years, which would put Antonios age in the "danger zone" again.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Okay, let me start on how it works in Germany ... well, better not, our education system is a mess for those not accustomed to it (the structure is complicated, not wanting to imply the quality is bad). And back in the day there used to be a huge gap between theory and practice at universities regarding the time studying takes - with the Bologna process it has been streamlined somewhat but especially in law people may take way longer than the theoretical number set by the curriculum (unlike other countries we don't have set years at university). Never mention that we have a year more school than the UK and stuff like that.

What I mean to say is: this stuff varies by country and unless we have somebody from actual Italy with knowledge about how they are doing it, we can only speculate.

Reactions: c3p0 and TimHawk

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Man all of this law crap really is a rat maze. I guess trying to guess the MC's age by figureing out Jalen's age wasn't as conclusive as I had hoped. So now depending on whatever country the game takes place in and the customs to becoming a lawyer there, the MC's age might differ from 23 to 29. This sucks ! :(

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
As shown above, at uni of Milan, you can gain LLB in 2 years. So, if Jalen was a talented student who began his course at 17, he could be finished by the same age, 19.
I respect your opinion, but for this to be the least bit credible, at least from my point of view, the MC would have to be at least 22-23. Because otherwise we need a super gifted Jalen, or that a 9 year old must've become best friends with a 13 year old or something similiar.

Has anyone ever asked Hope or is that connected to some spoiler ?

Ahhh screw it !!! :D

HopesGaming How old is the MC at the current time ?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I respect your opinion, but for this to be the least bit credible, at least from my point of view, the MC would have to be at least 22-23. Because otherwise we need a super gifted Jalen, or that a 9 year old must've become best friends with a 13 year old or something similiar.

Has anyone ever asked Hope or is that connected to some spoiler ?

Ahhh screw it !!! :D

@@HopesGaming How old is the MC at the current time ?
It's not an opinion. It's a fact.
Jalen could be qualified (LLB) by 19.
Which would put him in the same age bracket as Luna.

For it to be credible?
You don't get much more credible than direct statements from Oxford, Cambridge, the University of Milan, or the University of Turin.
Bachelor of Law is 3 years, average. If Jalen began uni at 17\18, he's 20\21 when he finishes.
If he did a 2 year course, he's 19\20.

Last edited:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
It's not an opinion. It's a fact.

Jalen could be qualified (LLB) by 19.
The same age as Luna.
Yea, but it's a "fact" that "could be", just like it "could be" that he confirms to the global average. That's no where near good enough to be conclusive.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Well, you can argue with Oxbridge about degrees, all you like.
They're a major authority.
I gave you official information, what you do with that, is up to you.

The LLB degree is 2-3 years. Fact.
As such, Jalen & MC being 19\20, the same age as Luna, is not remotely a stretch.

Luna's birthday is October, so she's one of the older kids in her school year.
Gracie's is August, so she could be the youngest in Luna's year, or the eldest in the year below, depending when the cut-off is.
We don't know which month MC & Jalen were born, so they could be the school year above Luna, but still be the same age as her.
I am 10 months older than a few people who were in the same school year as me, yet only 2 months younger than people who were in the year above.
That would make Jalen one of the 8 youngest lawyers in the history of the planet. I'm not saying you are wrong, but the odds of that have to be astronomical.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
lol Did you forget who his Father is?
You don't think he's a man who can make things happen?
btw - Gaining his Bachelor's in Law (LLB) doesn't make him a lawyer.
The youngest barrister, in UK history, is 18 years old.

The odds for ANY of the stuff that's happened in this game are astronomical, that's why it's fantasy, not reality. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
But, in reality, it stands up. The ages fit.
Jalen worked as a Laywer before he returned to his family, he says in the email "I gave up my lawyer job."

You are right that one has to temper logic and reason when dealing with facts in an adult game, but I just can't bring myself to believe that Jalen was 19 or 20 while working as a Laywer. Let us see if Hope answers, maybe we get lucky.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
lol We've got to entertain ourselves, makes the day go by... ;):ROFLMAO:
Hell yea and I'm having a blast discussing this with you and the rest of the crew.

It's like we all said a few days ago, until it has happened in the game, it all just a guessing game, but it also makes the waiting period so much more fun, that you can take a guess at some things who then turn out to be right. :D

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
but I just can't bring myself to believe that Jalen was 19 or 20 while working as a Laywer.
Because your country has an entirely different education system.
I doubt if it's unusual in countries where people leave university at 20, to find students with LLB working as a lawyer at 20.
As Italy specifically has a 2 year course for LLB, at the uni of Milan, with 17 being the earliest you can enter, 19 is entirely plausible.

Much like the legal system, we can legally buy alcohol at 18, when we're legally an adult.
In the US it's 21.
That would perhaps seem plenty weird to UK students, studying in the US.
Same as this seems weird to someone with a US education system perspective, instead of a European one. (y)
Yea, but it's a "fact" that "could be", just like it "could be" that he confirms to the global average. That's no where near good enough to be conclusive.
"Could be", as opposed to "could not be".
Meaning it's entirely plausible, not implausible.

Last edited:
Reactions: TimHawk

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
That would have made Antonio at least 10-11 years old at the time and I think the absolute youngest one can be to not remember that there was "another" father before, is optimistically 5-6 years old. So that would have thrown a really big wrench into the Antonio brother theory.
I don't think it was ever explicitly mentioned in the game that Antonio and the girls are full or half-siblings. For some reason I've always been under the assumption that he's a half-sibling to the girls.

We finish school at 16 in England, start college at that age.
University does not begin until 17/18, after 2 years at college where we gain A Levels.
University degree courses are 3-4 years, so finish at 21-22.

As I asked, what country are you talking about?
Ok, as I have a bit of knowledge of both sides of the pond, let me try to clear up something. (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.)

In UK, college is more analogous to senior high school in NA. The rough equivalent of UK A-Level is high school Grade 11-12 in US.

In US, a college is basically a less fancy name for university. Virtually nobody says they are "going off to university" after high school. They say they're "going off to college", even when they are going to an institution with the word "University" explicitly in its name e.g. UCLA, UNLV, etc.

But on both sides of the pond, one would first need a Bachelor degree before getting into law school. So either way, it'll be a 2nd degree, which pushes the law school graduation age to mid-20's.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
We're not talking about school naming conventions, simply what age people can leave university.
In Europe, specifically Italy, the earliest you can leave university with a Bachelor's in Law, is 19.

I've already provided official links to Oxford, Cambridge & the University of Milan which offers a 2 year LLB.
I'll take information from them, over information from some random on the web, any day of the week, thanks.
I don't think so.

It can't get more authoritative than the Italian National Bar Council. Here's what it says on their webpage.

"...once enrolled in a university program the student who wishes to approach this legal profession must undertake the studies of the Faculty of Law. The academic course shall last 5 years..."​

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
We're not talking about school naming conventions, simply what age people can leave university.
In Europe, specifically Italy, the earliest you can leave university with a Bachelor's in Law, is 19.
Which also makes that the earliest someone could start work as a lawyer.
However, after what I read up about Italy you will have to do a one year internship before being able to practice law yourself. It will be a question of definition whether you'd like to count as "working in law", otherwise it would push that number up to 20.

Also, as I understood it, this is a unified course, so bachelor and master go together, which might mean that a sole bachelor does not qualify you to work independently (which happens with some studies in Germany, I wouldn't know about law though, but despite the "bachelor" existing you need to do a master to get a job in Germany).

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
However, after what I read up about Italy you will have to do a one year internship before being able to practice law yourself. It will be a question of definition whether you'd like to count as "working in law", otherwise it would push that number up to 20.

Also, as I understood it, this is a unified course, so bachelor and master go together, which might mean that a sole bachelor does not qualify you to work independently (which happens with some studies in Germany, I wouldn't know about law though, but despite the "bachelor" existing you need to do a master to get a job in Germany).
Same as lot of post graduate jobs, you start as an intern.
You certainly do in investment banking.

Whilst he's doing his internship, with the law firm, what do you think he calls his job?
Trainee lawyer? lol
Despite it being more accurate, do you think he'd bother writing "Trainee" in a brief email to his mate? Context.
It's still his "lawyer job" & 19 or 20 is splittling hairs.
Neither are 25-26, which is what our US friends were expecting.

Last edited:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I don't think it was ever explicitly mentioned in the game that Antonio and the girls are full or half-siblings. For some reason I've always been under the assumption that he's a half-sibling to the girls.

Ok, as I have a bit of knowledge of both sides of the pond, let me try to clear up something. (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.)

In UK, college is more analogous to senior high school in NA. The rough equivalent of UK A-Level is high school Grade 11-12 in US.

In US, a college is basically a less fancy name for university. Virtually nobody says they are "going off to university" after high school. They say they're "going off to college", even when they are going to an institution with the word "University" explicitly in its name e.g. UCLA, UNLV, etc.

But on both sides of the pond, one would first need a Bachelor degree before getting into law school. So either way, it'll be a 2nd degree, which pushes the law school graduation age to mid-20's.
First of all thank you for your input, I appreciate it.

I made the mistake of taking it for granted that the US system applies, hence I came to the same conclusion as you, but it's not a fair assumption, given the names or people and places in the game, as Cartageno pointed out, Italy seems way more likely.

Second assumption was that I took Jalen saying that he quit his lawyer job literal, as in he worked as a lawyer and if that is the case, then nobody but Hope can convince me that he is not in his mid 20's. But as whichone pointed out it could be that he worked for a lawyer as a graduate job and then quit his studies to return to his family.

We need more clarification from Hope to really figure this one out. In what country does the game take place or on what system is it based on, if it's a fictional place. And I'm still hoping that Hope can answer without giving away any spoilers and just flat out tell us how old the MC is.

Then again, it's also not the end of the world if Hope can't clarify, we will eventually find out in the game anyway :)

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
And to lighten the mood, let me represent the useless fact of the week :

"Meaning of Cordia: The name Cordia, in it's latin origin, means a tiny heart, or one who has a tiny heart."

And as a true pervert once said : Who gives a fuck about her heart, as long as her tits are big :D

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes