whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
What we need to figure out is why the MC's father was allowed to leave them and return to the underworld.

I mean that has to mean the Pacifactories thought that Rina crime was more severe, right ?
Or, maybe it's because MC's Father\burned out Serpent manipulated her into commiting it & he did not actually take part in it.
Which ties into why the Family all hate him & feel bad over Rina.

Reactions: TimHawk

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I would like to submit my (/s) irrefutable rationale for this being set in the USA

Floaty

My man is:
Thick in the head ... like err ... a rock
He clearly feels he is ABOVE all others (check the screenshot)
Obviously intractable (no flexibility)

These are HALLMARK traits of the people of the USA
So I rest my case

Case closed

That's it and that's that

;)

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Or, maybe it's because MC's Father\burned out Serpent manipulated her into commiting it & he did not actually take part in it.
Which ties into why the Family all hate him & feel bad over Rina.
That's a possibility for sure. The MC's father is being described as being manipulative, and if they are one and the same, it fits like a glove.

That's the first question that needs answering :D

I'm still trying to puzzle out how the Elektra info fits in, first saying he was a civilian employee working for the underworld and then saying he was NOT JUST a civilian employee. Nobody would ever say it like that, if the first part wasn't true also.

Like you are not just a real good forum buddy, you also love the game the Deluca Family :D

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I'm still trying to puzzle out how the Elektra info fits in, first saying he was a civilian employee working for the underworld and then saying he was NOT JUST a civilian employee. Nobody would ever say it like that, if the first part wasn't true also.
I expect most crime bosses need some form of legitimate looking outward appearance.
Perhaps being a civillian employee was his cover identity?

She also said she does not have high enough grade to access the information needed, so perhaps she can only see his cover ID, not his real one.
Hence her suspicion. The limited info available has caused her to question its validity.
As most normal people have a ton of info available on them.

Think of "not just" as "more than".
As in, he's not just good, he's the GOAT.

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I don't know of any towns in North America where the local crime family is hailed and looked up to as the princes of the city. They may have been looked up to at the beginning of the 20th century in Italian neighborhoods when Italian Americans were still considered "non-white," "filthy papists" by the WASP majority and needed protection from the those in power in the overall city, but this doesn't seem to be the case in Luciana. With every generation, the American Cosa Nostra moved farther from their Italian roots. This particular form of patronage does not feel like North America to me at all.

Reactions: whichone

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I don't know of any towns in North America where the local crime family is hailed and looked up to as the princes of the city. They may have been looked up to at the beginning of the 20th century in Italian neighborhoods when Italian Americans were still considered "non-white," "filthy papists" by the WASP majority and needed protection from the those in power in the overall city, but this doesn't seem to be the case in Luciana. With every generation, the American Cosa Nostra moved farther from their Italian roots. This particular form of patronage does not feel like North America to me at all.
I don't know of any town in italy where that's the case either. From what italians tell me they don't fucking like the mob. Whether it's in NA or in italy.

MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
The game seems to be outright broken. I am told to visit Gina's Tavern to retrieve Wilfred's Wine Bottle, and even after I do it and save, every save after puts me right back on the menu, and I have to visit Gina's Tavern before I can do anything else. How do I stop this?
I really don't understand what's going on, I started a new playthrough very recently and I've never run into any problem, but you are like the 5th person to complain so ... I don't get it.

Let's see if I can help you anyway. Download the save attached to this post and put it into gamefolder/game/saves, I picked page 16 as to not conflict with any saves you may already have.

On the save only the mission you mentioned is done, the rest is untouched, but I also grinded some money from contracts already, consider that a gift.

Now the only problem is the MC's name, I changed mine to First Last, but I assume that won't do for you, so go here download the attached zip file and unpack it in gamefolder/game.

When you then start the game and load the savefile, hit ALT+M together, a blue window will open with tabs on the top. Click on the Search tab and enter povname then hit enter, it will look like this.

View attachment 2669447

Click on First under Value and change First to your preferred first name, then click change, then X that window.

Go back to the search tab and enter lastname this time, then same procedure as with the first name, after that you can close the blue window.

I hope that'll get you going.
I appreciate the effort, but I'm looking for a more direct fix to the issue. So far this seems like one of those ambitious games that ends up failing at basic functionality and game structure. I suppose I can understand how some people would like it, but it seems like a big mess to me. I like Corrupted Kingdoms and Strive For Power, so I am okay with games that are a bit unwieldy, but this seems like a pile of loosely related game mechanics that are not really explained, and quests whose descriptions leave out a lot that is needed to understand what needs to be actually done, at least to a newcomer.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I appreciate the effort, but I'm looking for a more direct fix to the issue. So far this seems like one of those ambitious games that ends up failing at basic functionality and game structure. I suppose I can understand how some people would like it, but it seems like a big mess to me. I like Corrupted Kingdoms and Strive For Power, so I am okay with games that are a bit unwieldy, but this seems like a pile of loosely related game mechanics that are not really explained, and quests whose descriptions leave out a lot that is needed to understand what needs to be actually done, at least to a newcomer.
It's generaly very stabile and works like a charm, admittingly the last small update when scenes were released who go back all the way to the start, caused problems for some people.

The reason why there isn't much hand holding is to make the player feel like the MC feels. He is in a brandnew environment with no frame of reference to it. But it is handled very naturally and if you put a bit of time in, it'll feel like second nature.

If you like story driven games you should give this one another try, it's easily top 3 on this site in that regard. And in my opinion a lot of the mechanics are unique and top notch.

Hope you stick it out and get to enjoy this marvel of a game, otherwise I wish you luck with other games that are more to your liking.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
As far as I remember, you can't save in the middle of a Contract.
Which is what "Exploring Lucania" effectively is.
e.g. You can't save in the middle of "The Delivery Boy", I think any progress you make is only registered when the Contract is completed.

If you want to make a save, during "Exploring Lucania", I think you'll need to select "Leave".
This should save your current progress in the mission, at the point of leaving.
You can also then make a manual save, once you're out of the Contract & back to the main game.
You can always go back in, by talking to Wilfred and selecting "Events".

TDL Fan Art

Whilst I think you may well be correct, how many Italians, from Italy, have you spoken to that expressed this?
As they have a pop of almost 60M, I don't think you can speak on behalf of a whole country, based on single, or double, figures' perspectives.

As for "any town in Italy", have you ever been to one?
Not sure how many people in the region of Campania (La Velle de Scampia, in particular!) would express that opinion about the Camorra, even if they felt that way.
Same for Palermo & the Sicilian Mafia.
Same for Calabria & the 'Ndrangheta.

I'm sure that, in smaller towns with high levels of poverty, they are still seen as a lifeline to the community, rather than a destroyer of it.
They won't spit on the organisation that employs most of their people.
Not in italy but my city is 1/3 italian(which is great if you like pizza and italian food). Most of the older folks are first generation. Pretty sure they know what they're talking better than you do. Granted me too, but I'm getting from actual fucking italians.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Not in italy but my city is 1/3 italian(which is great if you like pizza and italian food). Most of the older folks are first generation. Pretty sure they know what they're talking better than you do. Granted me too, but I'm getting from actual fucking italians.
So you've never been. Have you ever even left your country?
If not, your world view is extremely limited.
n.b. This is not a dig, it's a genuine question. A lot of Americans have not.
There was a recent conducted that showed 14% of the population (46.2M) has never left the country, 16% have never even left their home State!

I've been to Italy, multiple times. Rome, Milan, Turin, Palermo, Venice, Como - a close friend of mine was married & lives there, multiple cities.
I lived in Milan for 9 months, with work.
Granted, that was 15 years back, but your Italians haven't lived there for donkey's years, if at all.
I doubt if (m)any of them remember the Scampia feud.
It was only after that, that public opinion about the Camorra started to take an openly negative slant.
I'll take the word of , over anyone you've met.

But, yeah.
You're still taking the opinion of a few ex-pats (people who chose to leave the country) and generically applying it to a nation of 60M.
It doesn't work like that.
Different people think different things, about different things - look at any multi party democratic voting system, for proof of that.
Which parts of Italy they were from can also make a massive difference to their views on organised crime.

Regardless, the game is not set in the US. It's a fictional place, based on Italy.
As Cartageno proved, straight from Hopes' mouth:
I've done my best to never mention any countries to create the effect of a separate universe. Even though it is heavily emphasized that it is Italy based.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cartageno

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
So you've never been. Have you ever even left your country?
If not, your world view is extremely limited.
n.b. This is not a dig, it's a genuine question. A lot of Americans have not.
There was a recent conducted that showed 14% of the population (46.2M) has never left the country, 16% have never even left their home State!

I've been to Italy, multiple times. Rome, Milan, Turin, Palermo, Venice, Como - a close friend of mine was married & lives there, multiple cities.
I lived in Milan for 9 months, with work.
Granted, that was 15 years back, but your Italians haven't lived there for donkey's years, if at all.
I doubt if (m)any of them remember the Scampia feud.
It was only after that, that public opinion about the Camorra started to take an openly negative slant.
I'll take the word of , over anyone you've met.

But, yeah.
You're still taking the opinion of a few ex-pats (people who chose to leave the country) and generically applying it to a nation of 60M.
It doesn't work like that.
Different people think different things, about different things - look at any multi party democratic voting system, for proof of that.
Which parts of Italy they were from can also make a massive difference to their views on organised crime.

Regardless, the game is not set in the US. It's a fictional place, based on Italy.
As Cartageno proved, straight from Hopes' mouth:
I mean I am not arguing against who knows what or where this is set

BUT if 16% never left the state the percent that never left the country HAS to be equal to or greater than 16%.

Like purely this is a math issue that is glaring at me and making my brain itch.

Did you cite separate surveys?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018

BUT if 16% never left the state the percent that never left the country HAS to be equal to or greater than 16%.

Like purely this is a math issue that is glaring at me and making my brain itch.

lol blame Martha Stewart. :ROFLMAO:
Yes I have. Many a time. Have you?

You make a lot of goddamn assumptions don't you?
I haven't made a single assumption.
I asked a question, because I obviously did not know the answer.
The answer to your first question is clearly written in the post you replied to.
Try reading, it helps.

Stop getting angry, just because you were categorically proven wrong by official source.
The game is not set in the US. It is set in a fictional place, based on Italy.
Deal with it.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: PapaPhat

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Not big on reading comprehension, are you?
this has quickly devolved. can we go back to talking about weird the characters in this game are? let me get you guys started: why is Wilfred able to ground Luna, Gracie, and MC despite them being over 18?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

I guess from reading that article that what is meant is that the 16% that have never left their state also never left the country (obviously), so bumping that number up. I. e. 16% never left their state or the country, 14% left the state but not the country. All in all then 30% never left the country. However, it would be a bad way of phrasing it and clash with the headline, also I think 30% is a lot even for a country like the US (where we must fairly admit that in some places you can spend your whole life in a 500km radius circle and experience enough for a lifetime).

However, I am always amazed how Americans of a certain heritage (and sometimes that one is stretched, like "I have had a great-great grandparent from X so I am X") think they know the country they claim to hail from. The amount of "German" Americans telling me what "German" life is and being totally wrong is staggering. Also it is always underestimated by foreigners how much culture can change even in comparatively small (to the US) countries because the modern states did not exist back in the day and culture formed hundreds of years ago when people in, say, Milan had no idea what life in Naples because that was a couple of weeks travel away, you did not have time for travel, and there were no news or other educational info.

Then again, with Schengen and everything, I often don't even feel like leaving the country anymore when I am travelling internationally. Sure, they speak a different language but I can go to Prague or Tallinn or Lisbon or Rome on a whim, nothing to prepare, no passport or visa needed, no currency exchange, just pack your stuff catch a train or plane. It's pretty nice actually.

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
There is question about Anthony.Cordia wants him to be the receiver.But he is not at serpent's level.Serpets is very proud.Cordia is ex serpent.She is authority for them.But would they serve to someone lvl of capo?

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
There is question about Anthony.Cordia wants him to be the receiver.But he is not at serpent's level.Serpets is very proud.Cordia is ex serpent.She is authority for them.But would they serve to someone lvl of capo?
He is above the rank of Serpent.

Code:
                                      Don/Donna

Consigliere       Capo Bastone

Serpents

Wilfred's Division        Capo

Elite

Soldato

Associate

Antonio is the Capo Bastone, heir to Cordia and the Number 2 in the Family.

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
I said about power,not about rank.As i remember,serpets shows respect only to Cordia.In underworld power means everythink.Without it people will look down.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes